Need feedback on rifle build(PvE)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zariuss.2357

Zariuss.2357

So I have been having some trouble figuring out a build for my future rifle engineer. I want to do as much damage as possible, while offering boons/healing to my team, so I went with the bomb kit. How will this build work out in dungeons, and if you have any suggestions to changes, please do tell! Im not quite sure how to put the traits, I have now 20/20/0/0/10, and having trouble figuring out where to put the last 20 points. I also are bouncing back between having sigil or air or battle. Im pretty confident in the choice of utility 1 and 3, but not sure what to have in nr2, i thought the blast finnisher was nice but i might be wrong. Also I was thinking i could use elixir gun as utility nr2 when my group needed some more healing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUlIq6Z37STF17IxoCkGki863PKkbbB-jgxAYLAiCQyrIasF3ioxqrxUuER1A-e

My plan with this build is to use nr3 and 5 on rifle for the burst at the start, then switch to bomb kit to dps while waiting for rifle cooldowns to be ready, while using all my toolbelt skills for the SD while im doing that. Will this build have pretty decent damage compared to other glass cannon classes?

(edited by Zariuss.2357)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

If you want to go the boon/healing route the best setup would probably be P/S Healing Turret/Bomb Kit/Elixir Gun/Rocket Boots/Supply Crate. Boon/Healing and Rifle don’t really go well together since it lacks a blast finisher. It’s more of a CC/Burst weapon. If you want to do as much damage as possible with the Rifle you’d probably end up with a full SD build, which offers almost zero support unless you run Healing Turret. Trying to mix the two (looks like what you’re going for) will get you a pretty lackluster build I think.

(edited by Sagramor.7395)

in Engineer

Zariuss.2357

Ok maybe i worded it a bit wrong, english isnt my 1st language. What I mean is that I want to do as much damage as possible, while still having some offhealing like the healing turret or elixir gun when needed, nothing more. The fire field from bomb kit nr2 is also quite nice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

SD w/Healing Turret won’t really suffer a damage loss aside from the loss of Drop Stim.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUlIqqdH5STF17IxoHkuziG0j86X7KqQ+B-jgxAYLAyCQyrIasF3ioxqrxUuER1SBExYA-e

The 3rd trait pick in Firearms is a tossup. You can add 5 stacks of Vuln to every Net Shot with Sitting Duck, or if you’re running in a condition heavy group could go with Modified Ammo.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

I’m running a Rifle/SD that I really like. Zerker 0/30/0/10/30 with Rifle Turret, Tool Kit, Rocket Boots, Supply Crate and Healing Turret. This gives two water fields and four blast finishers for group heals. Without meters statement of DPS is usually subjective to the player but with the testing I’ve done I’m relatively confident in saying that this build does as well or better than my PvE backstab thief.

Sub in PBR for Rocketboots if you want for a faster toolbelt/sd ability.

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Engineer

Zariuss.2357

Ok I think I have come up with my build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUlIq6Z37STF1LJxIFkuzgUkX/KqQ+/oQutF-jgxAYLAiCQyrIasF3ioxqrxUuER1A-e

What do you think? Also, any thought about air or battle sigil?