New Turret Grandmaster Trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Devs are working on Traits and all people can do is complain. This turret trait is only one of many, not to mention tweaks and changes being done to the traitlines themselves. Engineers are not in a bad spot, so maybe save the QQ until after you see ALL the changes?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Seriously? People are actually complaining about this?

Do you have any idea how useful this will be with Rifle Turret? Do I have to run FoTM 38 with you guys, just to show you how viable turrets can be in someone who uses them properly?

Let’s see, Rifle Turret gives us:
- low CD, high damage Toolbelt with 0 activation time
- blast finisher on 20s cd (which activates around your character’s location, NOT the turret)
- Great supplemented damage and vulnerability

And now it will also act as a 4s reflect wall too?

If you guys can’t appreciate a skill so versatile and powerful as the Rifle Turret, then you really shouldn’t be playing Engineer.

On the other hand, if you’re willing to learn, let’s run FoTM 38 together, and I’ll teach ya to use Turrets properly.

Ps. This trait should affect Healing Turret, which is already one of THE most powerful skills in the game. Currently Healing Turret can:
- Self-heal for 6k
- Heal allies for 3.5k
- Cure conditions on you and allies
- Act as blast finisher for higher cd
- Spawn water field
- Grant you and allies regeneration

And now it is a 4s reflect too. All on 14s cooldown.

You guys are seriously calling that bad? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY!?

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Personally I wouldn’t want to confine myself to a such a small area just for reflection. I can’t even recall a time when projectiles were a serious threat. This is more of a defence against LB/SB rangers and p/p elixir engineers or grenadiers, but any other class or configuration will just AoE you or smack you upside the head with your own prybar.

However, that is not to say I wouldn’t use this for fun. The update will also include the ability to reset your traits for free while anywhere in the map. So when you feel like trying something else, the option is there. With deployable turrets and accelerant-packed turrets, it makes you all that more of a troll on the battlefield. 10/20/30/0/10 would probably be the best setup for this play style. Healing turret, rifle turret, and flame turret have the shortest cooldowns and therefore greatest spammage. You would have to take the heavy thumper turret over the rocket turret for the stun breaker though, which kind of sucks. Probably better to just equip the EG instead and forgo the fourth turret.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Seriously? People are actually complaining about this?

Do you have any idea how useful this will be with Rifle Turret? Do I have to run FoTM 38 with you guys, just to show you how viable turrets can be in someone who uses them properly?

Let’s see, Rifle Turret gives us:
- low CD, high damage Toolbelt with 0 activation time
- blast finisher on 20s cd (which activates around your character’s location, NOT the turret)
- Great supplemented damage and vulnerability

And now it will also act as a 4s reflect wall too?

If you guys can’t appreciate a skill so versatile and powerful as the Rifle Turret, then you really shouldn’t be playing Engineer.

On the other hand, if you’re willing to learn, let’s run FoTM 38 together, and I’ll teach ya to use Turrets properly.

Ps. This trait should affect Healing Turret, which is already one of THE most powerful skills in the game. Currently Healing Turret can:
- Self-heal for 6k
- Heal allies for 3.5k
- Cure conditions on you and allies
- Act as blast finisher for higher cd
- Spawn water field
- Grant you and allies regeneration

And now it is a 4s reflect too. All on 14s cooldown.

You guys are seriously calling that bad? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY!?

you talkin about that 30/30/30/30/30 build? or the one where you take out points from a useful tree and lose a huge, HUGE chunk of damage going 30 inventions?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you talkin about that 30/30/30/30/30 build? or the one where you take out points from a useful tree and lose a huge, HUGE chunk of damage going 30 inventions?

take the grawl fractal for example

just before the fight, everyone stands on the broken bridge just above it waiting for everyone to say “ready,” and the engi takes that chance to switch from 30/30/0/0/10 to 30/0/30/0/10 and equip rifle turret and … oh.. idk, maybe thumper… and grenades.

do you fractal much? yes? then ignore the rest of this. no?

the most important thing about this fight is that dps does not matter. each 25% ele spawn is a massive struggle to just stay alive while you aoe the kitten eles. the most efficient way to complete the fight is not a dps race, its to make sure all 5 people are still standing after each 25%. because if they arent, you wipe and reset, losing all progress.

having 12-20 secs of reflect versus 20 eles that 2 shot you is like a free win.

so just keep being obtuse, abrasive, and stubborn… and dont ever lfg for fractal 30+. stay out of arah. dont try to solo ranged champs. keep out of the queens gauntlet.

30/30/30/30/30… lol. just stop.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Kain Francois.4328

30/0/0/30/10

Alternatively:
25/5/0/30/10
or
20/10/0/30/10
this could work too:
0/30/0/30/10

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

@insanemaniac
lol “massive struggle”. time permitting, i try to do a 50 every day. my group runs one mesmer for feedback and our thief swaps to smoke screen. we feedback as soon as the legendary ele shields so we can stack and break the shield, and our thief smoke screens if anyone needs for the mini eles.. we usually don’t. if you haven’t figured out how to strafe dodge, take your own advice and stay out of fractals 30+.

mesmers, guardians and thieves can block projectiles without a huge damage loss. they simply have to swap out a utility and/or only commit 10 trait points. engineers will have to put 30 trait points into a lackluster tree and give up multiple utility slots for turrets to have any decent duration projectile reflect. TURRETS lol. nty.

@kain
cool builds. how are you going to turret reflect with 0 in inventions?

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

@insanemaniac
lol “massive struggle”. time permitting, i try to do a 50 every day. my group runs one mesmer for feedback and our thief swaps to smoke screen. we feedback as soon as the legendary ele shields so we can stack and break the shield, and our thief smoke screens if anyone needs for the mini eles.. we usually don’t. if you haven’t figured out how to strafe dodge, take your own advice and stay out of fractals 30+.

mesmers, guardians and thieves can block projectiles without a huge damage loss. they simply have to swap out a utility and/or only commit 10 trait points. engineers will have to put 30 trait points into a lackluster tree and give up multiple utility slots for turrets to have any decent duration projectile reflect. TURRETS lol. nty.

@kain
cool builds. how are you going to turret reflect with 0 in inventions?

soooooo you have a regular group and you can depend on them

i guess well all just get that every time we use lfg, right? funny. poo-pooing new stuff that will more than likely open up a new niche that we couldnt fill before is silly, whether it affects you or not.

go kitten about the guardian or ranger traits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

not sure i’d ever give up going 30/30/x/x/xto ever get this trait………but it seems like a tactically fun trait in the right game-mode. having a 4-second mesmer feedback on your low-cooldown turrets seems like something worth exploring. let’s see how gear/stat revamp works out….can easily work rifle and healing turrent into most dps builds. with trait points becomeing free to change out of combat, might be a fun trait to add when you need it.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Engineer

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

i’m more excited about being able to change builds on the fly. who cares about turrets? that projectile bubble won’t change their uselessness and the inventions tree is still sub par. i really want to see the grandmaster traits in the other trees though and i’m praying dear lord jebus i am praying that none of these traits are overpowered as fudge like dhuumfire was when it was first introduced.

I see why. We all know what happens when engineers have an overpowered trait. Lots of sweating and checking the calender until the next nerf. To all our top tier engies out there: Please don’t show off too much (but pls pm me the dirty tech!)

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Would be great if the bubble would work in wvw against enemy siege, just like the bubble on traited catapults (= without reflect).

This would give Engis a niche place in organized wvw-zergs, though specialized like Mesmers for vail and still not in gvg.

Well, of course it will not work that way but sweet dreams . . .

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

they should forget about turrets, and keep it like it is. kitten except healing turret.

And focus on other things.

maybe for pve it will be good, maybe for some spvp builds (no idea who will need that) it will be ok.

But for gvg it’s like “In your face engis!”.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Never found a use for turrets in wvw except as a troll solo roaming build.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Engineer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

ohh turrets….. n o b o d y is using turrets. Not in WvW not in sPvP and not in PvE.

Healing Turret and Supply Drop is two of the most useful Engineer skills…
Healing Turret have short CD too.
My only problem is that this thing is in 3rd trait-line which I don’t use often…

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

Just to point out what should be obvious to everyone, it is in the Inventions traitline because it is a Turret trait. This traitline effects Turrets. This is not the only GM trait coming out, but it is the one designed for the traitline that focuses on Turrets. Have no idea why there is so much complaining.

Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Turrets can be very useful if you practice where to place them and how to use them – and, yes, there are plenty of engineers in the game who do.

This change adds (for those wanting to take the trait) an interesting strategic option for turret engineers. I can think of quite a few situations (in all game modes) where this will be very strong.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I am excited about this change and can already see the endless applications. I can’t wait to see what other new traits are in store for us. Finally something fresh and involving turrets of all things.

I do wish the 4 second Projectile Reflect activated instantly on Overcharge instead of on deployment. Seems like it would give this trait more depth and would be the most logical mechanic personally but I’m sure Anet has a reason for the ladder.

All in all I can only be pleased.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

Upgrade on turrets….. That’s like putting peanut butter on a toast full of kitten….

in Engineer

Posted by: KDXX.9520

KDXX.9520

Oh, you dropped a Supply Crate with 3 bubbled turrets? Ok. Switches to flamethrower And we’re done here. Turrets might be useful in PvE, if you get lucky and the mob doesn’t bash it in. But in WvW, and sPvP, gg turrets. Look you can love the concept of turrets, I do. But you can’t play these denial games.

“Oh! This might be really useful in this ONE fight, or ONE tactical move.” If you have a skill/trait that is useful in only one specific situation, then it is a failure. This is especially so on an Engie. We are supposed to be masters of versatility. Yes, we pay a price in direct firepower for that, and that’s ok.

What they do to turrets though? Not ok. Not ok at all. When I saw “Fortified Turrets” before reading it, I said “Finally, finally they’re providing an overall defensive boost for turrets.”

Wrong. They’re providing a gimick. I don’t need another gimick if I’m running turrets. I need them to kittening live long enough to SHOOT SOMETHING!

in Engineer

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Oh, you dropped a Supply Crate with 3 bubbled turrets? Ok. Switches to flamethrower And we’re done here. Turrets might be useful in PvE, if you get lucky and the mob doesn’t bash it in. But in WvW, and sPvP, gg turrets. Look you can love the concept of turrets, I do. But you can’t play these denial games.

“Oh! This might be really useful in this ONE fight, or ONE tactical move.” If you have a skill/trait that is useful in only one specific situation, then it is a failure. This is especially so on an Engie. We are supposed to be masters of versatility. Yes, we pay a price in direct firepower for that, and that’s ok.

What they do to turrets though? Not ok. Not ok at all. When I saw “Fortified Turrets” before reading it, I said “Finally, finally they’re providing an overall defensive boost for turrets.”

Wrong. They’re providing a gimick. I don’t need another gimick if I’m running turrets. I need them to kittening live long enough to SHOOT SOMETHING!

Have you seen my turret death build for on-point decap? This argument is very old, as many top PvPers are making turrets work.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Just to point out what should be obvious to everyone, it is in the Inventions traitline because it is a Turret trait. This traitline effects Turrets. This is not the only GM trait coming out, but it is the one designed for the traitline that focuses on Turrets. Have no idea why there is so much complaining.

Because this Inventions trait focusing on Turrets does nothing to improve the functionality of Turrets in the long-term, instead encouraging you to take down your Turrets so you can cast your Turrets more often for the shield. Anyone who went after Turrets for the purpose of controlling a location (as Turrets are meant to do in any game with sane developers) are out of luck unless they keep their Turrets in reserve instead of actually placing their Turrets.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool idea and could definitely be handy if you’re already in the Inventions line. And people who use Turret builds for what they are instead of what they should be may very well be able to use it, it meshes very well with the deployable-and-horrifyingly-temporary-device setup that Turrets currently follow. But it does nothing for those who want Turrets to be Turrets.

The class is always greener on the other side.

(edited by Toolbox.9375)

in Engineer

Posted by: mcnick.3150

mcnick.3150

If the defensive bubble only appear first few seconds then its still useless, it’ll work slighty better if the defensive bubble has time interval for every 10 sec it will have 3-4 sec of defensive bubble……….then it might work a bit better…….if its just few sec in the beginning then there’s really no point isnt it? Becuz a turret shoot once every 3 sec? So thats to say that The bubble will only protect the turret from 1 shoot and its vulnerable again? it’s almost as good as no update

my take on improving turret fun:

1) : an elite turret where it can follow me around.Or perhaps an elite skill to bring my current deployed turret follow me around for a while……thats’ll be a small boost too

2): there’s a Necromancer trait call REANIMATOR where the a new short live span Minion will spawn when a target dies is interesting.It can be apply to Turret as well my example :when a target dies, engineer create a mini jet-flying turret will follow you,( last 10 sec) ( max 1 jet at a time for a plyr)

3): I think its time for a turret that shoots out lazer ( like mesmer’s Greatsword attack), to think engineer turret is limited to bullets n rockets is disappointing, i say more variety! XD

4): a turret that spawn out SMALL land mine within a certain radius :raidus can be improve with certain traits ( max 10 mini unexploded landmine at 1 time ) for turret variety

5): When i think of Engineers i think of Teamwork, how about a special turret that shoot ( for example bullet) then when another ally engineer place that same turret near the adjacent of the same turret it will combine/transform into a turret that shoot (for example Fireball) and maybe maximum up to 3 combine turret for a true maximum effect.

6): turrent is underpower cuz the Traits are too overspread how about throwing 2 traits skill into 1 instead? (for example ) COMBINING the trait:" Accelerant-Packed Turrets"-Turrets explode when killed. When your turrets explode, they push back foes.
AND the trait :“Autotool Installation” – Turrets are self-repairing. Combining this 2 turret traits together is just an example to improve the turrets currently cuz right now the turret are easy to destroy, dosent follow u around and takes a lot of time to recharge even when you keep them back. I still dont think its overpower even when you combine current 2 turret trait skill together , but i think its gonna strengthen turret play a lot more of course.

these are just some of my suggestion..Some ppl might think these are too Overpower……….well let me say this, when it comes to face to face with a target Human player our current turret and its traits are very underwhelm.
Hope ANet is reading our text and get inspired.

(edited by mcnick.3150)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nightmare.8351

Nightmare.8351

This is probably the best thread for it since its about changes, so should we just consider this thread for all the upcoming changes?

All the new Grandmaster traits were revealed.

• Explosives: Synaptic Overload – gain 3 seconds of quickness when you hit a foe with a knockback skill
  • Firearms: Bunker Down – Create a proximity mine at your location when you critically hit with an attack. Mines have a 10s duration, 2s cooldown (mines do not remove boons)
  • Inventions: Fortified Turrets – your turrets are surrounded by a reflective shield when created. 4s duration, ends if the turret is picked up or destroyed.
  • Alchemy: Experimental Turrets – Turrets apply boons based in a 600 raidus around them every 10 seconds. Thumper turrets: 3 seconds of protection. Net turret: 10s of swiftness. Rifle turret – 5s of fury. Healing turret – 3s of vigor. Rocket turret – 3s of retaliation; Flame turret – 3 stack of might for 10s.
  • Tools – Gadgeteer – gadgets grant additional boons upon use. Boon vary based on the gadget being used – AED – 3s of retaliation, Personal Battering Ram – 5s of fury; Rocket Boots – 4s of Vigor; Slick Shoes – 8s of regeneration; Throw mine – 6s of aegis; Utility Goggles 5 stacks of might for 8 seconds.

(edited by Nightmare.8351)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vergil Huragok.3967

Vergil Huragok.3967

Gadgeteer doesn’t make gadgets anymore appealing in any regard, of the effects Utility Goggles is the only one that seems to benefit from it, same for experimental turrets for the most part (especially given alchemy line)

Bunker Down…I don’t even know, I really don’t was hoping for a grandmaster maybe a bit towards rifle/weapons that’s more useful than modified ammo, boy was I horribly wrong…unless you can somehow have a ridiculous amount of mines ranged weapons and at location traits still seem asinine (or at least to me)

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Synaptic Overload: dunno what to think; in some builds it could be nice, maybe.
Bunker Down: doesn’t exactly seems to synergize with our firearms, imho, as they’re all ranged and the mines are created on your location. Also, we should see what those mines do exactly. Probably nice with bombs if traits apply.
Fortified Turrets: The last paragraph is what ruins all. Bugs aside, if they haven’t made them sturdier, it will be probably useless.
Experimental Turrets: Usual turret problem – they need to stay alive…and they usually don’t. Same as above.
Gadgeteer: nice to see a gadget trait, but gadgets by themselves aren’t good enough.

Also, seeing that their concept of “high level balance” is “nerf the engineer and fix bugs old of more than half a year” after saying that they wanted to increase build diversity is quite sad. Guess their concept of doing so is nerfing whatever works.

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

all the new engi traits are pretty bad. and i feel like synaptic overload should be in the firearms tree and bunker down should be in explosives. but meh. better to have subpar than overpowered new traits.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

As a turret-using Engineer, Experimental Turrets sounds amazing (well, except for Rocket Turret). Free boons in a very generous radius just for using turrets? Yes please.

But Alchemy? Dear god, turrets already have traits in Explosives, Inventions, AND Tools. Now Alchemy too? It is now officially impossible to even have all the turret traits in your build, and that’s assuming you want to have your entire build dictated by turret traits anyway.

And furthermore that makes 3 Grandmaster traits devoted to turrets (assuming Rifled Barrels doesn’t get moved down, which I’m guessing it won’t since they didn’t mention it). C’mon, isn’t that a little excessive?

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Synaptic Overload: Overcharged shot and big ol bomb with it. Assuming it has no cd, it might be worth taking even if the only knockback you have is overcharge.
Bunker Down: Seems like it can be the gm trait flamethrower needs (As of now it doesn’t have that many procs it can abuse other than the alright sharpshooter and crappy precise sights).
Fortified Turrets: I can’t say how good or bad turrets will be after all those bug fixes. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Experimental Turrets: Same as above, but more boons never hurt anyone
Gadgeteer: Finally another gadget trait that gives…even more boons? Well okay, anything to help gadget builds.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

But Alchemy? Dear god, turrets already have traits in Explosives, Inventions, AND Tools. Now Alchemy too? It is now officially impossible to even have all the turret traits in your build, and that’s assuming you want to have your entire build dictated by turret traits anyway.

And furthermore that makes 3 Grandmaster traits devoted to turrets (assuming Rifled Barrels doesn’t get moved down, which I’m guessing it won’t since they didn’t mention it). C’mon, isn’t that a little excessive?

I know right..all those turret traits all over our trees, I’m actually not surprised they found a way to stick turret traits on even more trees lol

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

the description said synaptic overload only works with knockbacks. overcharged shot and big ol bomb are both blowouts. it’s like that warrior skill that grants +50% crit chance on stuns. only one hammer attack actually stuns you out of the 3 ccs that the hammer actually has. the only knockbacks i can think of off the top of my head are traited turret detonations, shield 4, throw mine, and ft 3.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Yeah, sorry, but it is absolutely unacceptable for turret traits to be spread out as much as they are now.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

There has also been new information released by anet saying many turret bugs will be fixed with this next patch. Alot of work has obviously gone into this feature patch, maybe wait and see what it offers instead of finding literally anything to cry about? Eh, who am I kidding? Asking forum users to think rationally, lolololol.

Gate of Madness

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

i think bunker down was a player suggestion actually o.O

i seem to recall thinking that something like it would be interesting in an SD build

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

the description said synaptic overload only works with knockbacks. overcharged shot and big ol bomb are both blowouts. it’s like that warrior skill that grants +50% crit chance on stuns. only one hammer attack actually stuns you out of the 3 ccs that the hammer actually has. the only knockbacks i can think of off the top of my head are traited turret detonations, shield 4, throw mine, and ft 3.

Woops, Was looking at the knockback list and didn’t see the (self part on) overcharge. Works on magnetic inversion and air blast though so….maybe we can get a new quickness flamethrower build out of it

Edit: If you take fireforged trigger then you can keep up quickness 25% of the time with just airblast.

(edited by Penguin.5197)

in Engineer

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

This must be a joke or just another sign, that ANet has absolutly no clue where to go with turrets and engineers particulary. The only useful trait is Experimental Turrets. But wich engineer would go 30 points into alchemy?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

The thing im curious about is if this bauble protects just the turret, or anything under it..
4 sec projectile block could be usefull for sure. Unfortunatly its usually not the projectiles that insta burst our turrets though. And if its really just for the turret itself it will be usuless.

Anyway, we’ll just have to see if its going to be any good. I cant see everyone starting to use turrets for this trait just yet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

How interesting. They seem to have forgotten that mortar exists. Then again, I think most people forgot that it exists anyway.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Ok, this could be amazing or it could suck.
It depends on the radius of the reflection and whether it works like siege equipment which has a bubble and protects against siege projectiles too.

If a few players can stand under it and ALSO be protected, imagine what an engineer with a couple of turrets can do for siege or in PVP for trebuchet shots etc.

Now imagine 2 engineers or more coordinating turret bubbles (only takes 15 seconds to redeploy it). IF it resists siege shots, that could be extremely powerful IF you can stand under it and ESPECIALLY IF others can too. It has real potential.

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Now imagine 2 engineers or more coordinating turret bubbles (only takes 15 seconds to redeploy it). IF it resists siege shots, that could be extremely powerful IF you can stand under it and ESPECIALLY IF others can too. It has real potential.

I even sent Roy a PM suggesting something like this – because I´m sure that´s not the current design. It would give Engis a place in organized zergs while not hurting that precious spvp-balance.

Anyway, with the bubble only lasting as long as the turret it wouldn´t be of much use as ordinary AoE would destroy the turrets to fast.

This fact also makes this trait not a good option for healing turret in WvW which I want to overload and blow up instead of loosing it to AoE within a second or two.

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Edit: If you take fireforged trigger then you can keep up quickness 25% of the time with just airblast.

30/20/0/20/0

30 – Accelerant Packed Turrets (extra knockbacks), Enhance Performance, Synaptic Overload
20 – Fireforged Trigger, Juggernaut
20 – Protection Injection, Deadly Mixture

HT, FT, RT, Throw Mine, Supply Crate

FT now a viable dps kit ?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

30/20/0/20/0

30 – Accelerant Packed Turrets (extra knockbacks), Enhance Performance, Synaptic Overload
20 – Fireforged Trigger, Juggernaut
20 – Protection Injection, Deadly Mixture

HT, FT, RT, Throw Mine, Supply Crate

FT now a viable dps kit ?

FT now a kill-yourself-by-retal-50%-faster kit XD

Although, did you guys forget that synaptic overload has a 20s ICD? Even if you have all those knockbacks, it’s impossible to get more than 15% quickness uptime since quickness is not a boon that can be extended.

I guess you could combine it with something like elixir U and sigil of rage for extra quickness if you wanted a long quickness duration.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Ye I had posted that before i found out it had a 20 icd *sighs *

in Engineer

Kain Francois.4328

Mortar exists to create constant Ice fields, and nothing more.

To be fair, if everyone took turns casting the Elixir Mortar shot, then you would have aoe heal 2k/second, but it’s probably more of a pain than it’s worth.

The worst part about Mortar, is the fact you need a minimum distance to cast it. I thought the sole purpose of it was to make Ice Fields and healing circles? So why do I have to be at a distance from my team?

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Ye I had posted that before i found out it had a 20 icd *sighs *

Yea same. kitten , I got really excited about FT becoming a solid dps PvE kit. High quickness uptime would make its autoattack solid, but as Yamsandjams said, suicide in WvW.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Mortar exists to create constant Ice fields, and nothing more.

To be fair, if everyone took turns casting the Elixir Mortar shot, then you would have aoe heal 2k/second, but it’s probably more of a pain than it’s worth.

The worst part about Mortar, is the fact you need a minimum distance to cast it. I thought the sole purpose of it was to make Ice Fields and healing circles? So why do I have to be at a distance from my team?

Because the frost aura meta is OP!

#Meta2014

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I like the idea behind the trait overall, but do see it as a problem that they’ve built it as YET ANOTHER reason to take turrets with the lowest recharge and just keep blowing them up.
I think it would fix a lot with this trait if they made it instead trigger a bubble when you use the turret’s Overcharge ability.
Encourages you to keep the turret up rather than constantly blowing it just to throw out another, keeps the overall power roughly even with how it is now, gives you a little more control over when it activates, and would also keep the effectiveness of the trait relatively even among all turrets (unlike now, where it’s great with Healing and Rifle but garbage with Rocket and Thumper).
Being a Grandmaster, it might be good to add an additional effect as well though that complements the main effect and makes the trait less niche, like making the turret invulnerable while the bubble is active.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

the trait doesn’t encourage you to blow them up. the shield only lasts as long as the turret is active. and if you detonate it the recharge time goes to its full duration. ideally you’d place it, overcharge and let it shoot for 4 seconds, then pick it up. an underwhelming utility? you bet!

if you want anet to encourage turrets to be left out indefinitely like ranger spirits, let them know that turrets are useless and they need to do more damage. atm they’re like a worse version of spirit weapons, and spirit weapons are godawful.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

The point I was mostly trying to get at is that you’re encouraged to get rid of it as soon as possible so it can recharge faster, rather than actually USING the turret.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

The point I was mostly trying to get at is that you’re encouraged to get rid of it as soon as possible so it can recharge faster, rather than actually USING the turret.

Experimental Turrets does encourage using your turrets. Sadly, Fortified Turrets doesn’t. Of course, they could have made it work like Experimental Turrets (which would have required a synchronized pulse or a global cooldown for all turrets). But this would mean that you couldn’t really control when the reflect kicks in which would be extremly bad. They could link the reflect to the overcharge, though (with the current requirement of the turrets being on the field).

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

the trait doesn’t encourage you to blow them up. the shield only lasts as long as the turret is active. and if you detonate it the recharge time goes to its full duration. ideally you’d place it, overcharge and let it shoot for 4 seconds, then pick it up. an underwhelming utility? you bet!

if you want anet to encourage turrets to be left out indefinitely like ranger spirits, let them know that turrets are useless and they need to do more damage. atm they’re like a worse version of spirit weapons, and spirit weapons are godawful.

How would one go about proving that Turrets should deal more damage, is the question. They won’t listen without numbers – “I don’t think my Turrets deal enough damage!” just sounds like whining.

First thing that comes to mind is possibly comparing #1 skills on Pistol, Rifle, and Kits to the non-Overcharged attacks of all damage-dealing Turrets, as well as listed cast time vs listed fire rate to figure out DPS totals. Sound like it might work?

Other things that would be listed alongside to help figure out relative effectiveness: Cooldowns and cumulative multiturret damage.

(edited by Anymras.5729)