New skills, old skills, lets talk

in Engineer

Posted by: Stasis.5630

Stasis.5630

I have been an avid engi forum reader since the beginning and i’ve decided to speak my mind seen a few posts talking about mortar going unchanged since release.. and it spurred on some ideas about how we could help our class become everything we want it to be.. and also i’m sick of the threads complaining about nerfs and op kitten which is just not that productive really.

So I want to start a more positive thread style which could hopefully be used to give kickstart dev discussions about the future. Basically free design ideas from the people who experience the class everyday!!

So open discussion on any skills and utilities! what you want to have, what to change currently and why!
So I’ll throw some off the cuff ideas:
I want the elite Elixir x to enhance all my other elixir abilities or bonuses based on what elixir was last used. For example elixir b makes me into a combat ready kitten, elixir c into a condi clear monster, elixir s lets me still use abilities while in the invuln, elixir h overflows to everyone around me etc!

Or give me dual wielding shields! with a chain attack like ele conjure shield so I can run in bomb support and smash peoples faces in with my aetherized shields. Engi is like a candyshop of possibilities compared to other classes to me so excited for the future!

hell some of those pve nade skills I saw doing map completion would be nice too!

Get amongst it

Ed Lecoulte // Engineer [DAWN]
Blackgate

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

The reason why mortar stays the same is because:

1) Huge AoE Cripple and Bleed
2) Stackable Healing Field
3) Huge AoE Ice Field, one of the few in game
4) 5 knockbacks and 5k damage in one skill
5) You get all of that, regardless of build or gear
6) While on the mortar, you get a stability that cannot be removed (<- may have changed)

The #1 is terrible for actually dishing out damage, but that arc can prove to be useful when firing over a wall, hill, etc. Also, it does about 1k, even if you have 0 power.

Elixir X is one of the few engineer skills that needs a total revamp. Borrowing 1 of 2 elites at random is terrible. It should be something like Elixir I: Remove all conditions, become immune to conditions and boon removals for 10 seconds. 100% more reliable, 100% more unique, keeps in theme with the alchemy trait line.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

It lacks range frankly and that is its biggest headache.
The second is the sheer time it takes projectiles to cover that measly range.

Speed it up and make it go farther and you would have a good option.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Mortar as a kit.
Increased cooldowns to compensate for it’s more powerful abilities. (#4 and #5 in particular)
I was thinking something like:

1. > 20 seconds
  2. > 20 seconds
  3. > 40 seconds
  4. > 60 seconds
    Removed stability.

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

It lacks range frankly and that is its biggest headache.
The second is the sheer time it takes projectiles to cover that measly range.

Speed it up and make it go farther and you would have a good option.

Yea, I guess the range. Just because you can THROW grenades as far/farther. Might as well just throw the mortar at them, why use a launcher?

If you have 3 mortars shelling a single spot during a big fight, it’s pretty hellish. Lack of aiming and planning would make the projectile speed bad.