Open World Build?

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

Guys, I’m tired of trying, but I just feel this class is slower and deals less damage than the mesmer, even with bomb kit spam.

I am sure I am building him wrong, I’m on full zerker exotics with ascended trinkets, so, it MUST be my build and my playstyle.

Any good ideas for an Open World focused DPS build?

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Bombs 322, Firearms 312 and Tools 112.

Spam nades/bombkit at things and they will die fast. Rifle 3 and 5 has good burst, too.

Rocket Boots makes you go faster. You can swap Bomb Kit for EG to use the 4 backwards and then swap back to Bomb Kit for faster travelling. Toy Axe + superspeed is really strong, too.

Other than that I’m not too sure what to say. The thing is, ANet recently gutted Engineer’s Explosives line and killed off our Endurance modifier which leaves us with less options.

Far Shiverpeaks

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hmm i go explosives (2/3)13, firearms 322, tools (1/2)(1/3)3, w/ “( / )” being optional and use bombs/rocket boots/throw mine

explosives and the endurance mod are absolutely not gutted and double dodging through a thing usually kills it so idk what yobculture is talking about unless he means in raids where the loss of explosive powder hits engi by about -10%. but in open world, gadgeteer and ammo systems give engi about +200% over last patch.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

hmm i go explosives (2/3)13, firearms 322, tools (1/2)(1/3)3, w/ “( / )” being optional and use bombs/rocket boots/throw mine

explosives and the endurance mod are absolutely not gutted and double dodging through a thing usually kills it so idk what yobculture is talking about unless he means in raids where the loss of explosive powder hits engi by about -10%. but in open world, gadgeteer and ammo systems give engi about +200% over last patch.

I have still be using my condi build since the patch, but this just reminded me that Power in open-world PvE is pretty cool now too.

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Condi engi master race.

But yeah, if you’re just playing casually or whatever it won’t really matter what you use, you’re still gonna kill all the things regardless unless you die.

Far Shiverpeaks

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kusumura.8642

Kusumura.8642

Condi engi master race.

But yeah, if you’re just playing casually or whatever it won’t really matter what you use, you’re still gonna kill all the things regardless unless you die.

To add to this, if you’re running around open world PvE… Power scaling is TERRIBAD for Engie, so just build for Condi damage and take Toughness or Vitality to increase your survivability.

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

i just started engi and I’m loving the cond dmg and aoe, things are melting fast enough but am not used to or know how to stay alive well enough. I’m also used to mesmer and have no problem soloing group events and solo Champs and WvW roaming 1vX at times. the constant distractions, stealth, evades, blinks, cond removal, blocks and boons I’ve built for makes me quite tanky even without chrono. mesmer survivability comes not from toughness or vitality. but I’m finding myself on engi difficult to keep mobility and constant heal and cond removal. it’s strange because there are a lot of heal and cond removal skills. I’m sure I’m building wrong too but let’s say you go for max power or Cond dmg, what are the things aside from gear stats to build for and slot in and use in combat?

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

If you want a faceroll easy build for open world I’d recommend Juggernaut Scrapper.
Permanent stability trivialize a lot of content.

Just take Firearms (3,3,1) Alchemy (2,3,1) and Scrapper (3,3,3).
For utilities you want Flamethrower, Elixir U and Elixir B.
Medic gyro and Healing turret are both effective heals. Sneak gyro for elite can come in handy if things goes wrong.

Stats is all zerker, tho if you can get your hands on some boon durration runes, it can help keeping that quickness uptime.

For weapon I like to use rifle instead of hammer, the perma stability lets you swap out of flamethrower to fire of a quick launch from rifle #4.

Food generally does not matter, tho any boon durration helps. For utility there is this little known consumable called Skale Venom ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Skale_Venom_ ) That adds weakness and vulnerability to your auto attack spam.

Open World Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Molod.1209

Molod.1209

I run this build in Open World. It’s pretty fun and mobile. Down side is there is no stun break.

I really like traits like:
“Aim-Assisted Rocket”, new “Orbital Command”, “Static Discharge”. It’s a passive dps and nice visuals.

I took “Streamlined Kits” only for a perma “Swiftness”. You can take “Takedown Round” for more dps and use hammer 5 and blast it with “Rocket Boots” for some “Swiftness”.

High dmg skills: hammer 2,3,4; “Surprise Shot” off cd, “Grenade Barrage”, Grenade Kit 2,4,5.
For vets+ u can drop rifle turret, supply crate and change “Rocket boots” for utility that will fit best for your encounter.