Post BWE3 Scrapper Changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

Next

’allo fellow Engineers,

Since the beta weekend there’ve been a fair chunk of posts regarding the Function Gyro, Hammer and Gyros… a bit fewer regarding traits that weren’t contingent on those other components. Below are the more solid changes at this point.

At this point we’re not going to be able to change the elite specialization mechanic very much. There are still going to be changes to it with the possibility for expansion of functionality post-launch.

Hammer was generally well received and many of you pointed out some flaws and potential changes that were in line with our intent for the weapon skills.

Gyros are going to be affected by a systemic change that should increase their survivability quite a lot. In addition to that several changes to how Gyros follow you and their rate of travel were made – they shouldn’t zig-zag randomly about anymore even if you’re not moving and try to stay pretty close to you while you are moving.

• Function Gyro – The gyro should appear and begin stomping or reviving more quickly and no longer seek to attack anyone that strikes it, focusing instead solely upon its task of stomping or reviving. The cooldown on the gyro has been reduced to 20s from 30s and its duration has been reduced to 10s from 15s. This is intended to increase the frequency of availability while still giving it enough time to complete its purpose. The range at which the function gyro can be used has been increased to 900.
  • Hammer 1 Autoattack Combo: Went in and removed most of the aftercasts from the swings, so this should feel a bit smoother and it is a functional damage increase from the reduced rotation time as well as slightly increased might and vulnerability uptime.
  • Rocket Charge: Will no longer leap about once you’ve reached your target, instead leaping ensuring that the gap remains closed and your leaps are more closely synchronized. The leap finishers from this ability now happen at the start of each jump, like other leap finishers. Also smacked the bug of this ability being affected by movement-speed.
  • Shock Shield: This skill now starts you blocking immediately upon and will cease blocking the moment the skill effects end, hopefully giving you better control and sense of the block time so your anticipation and reaction time are more rewarded.
  • Several Gyros received increased movement speeds to help keep them close to you as you move and some skill changes to make them more effective at their jobs, like increased range on their abilities.
  • Gyros now start their cooldown upon summon rather than upon gyro death. Medic, Shredder, Purge and Bulwark gyro now have a 35s cooldown, up from 30s. Sneak Gyro needed a cooldown that was longer since it would otherwise have potential 100% uptime, so it now has a cooldown of kitten , up from 30s (its 30s duration remains). This should encourage players to keep them around to gain their benefits for longer.
  • Impact Savant: This trait now affects dazes in addition to stuns.

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

Edit to add additional post for visibility:

Due to a design discussion that arose yesterday the recharge on gyros are going back to starting on the death of the gyro.

To help with the recharge going back to the gyro death the recharge themselves are being dramatically reduced. Below is a before and after to help clarify what is happening.

On Cast Medic Gyro CD: 35s
On Cast Medic Gyro Duration: 14s
CD at full duration: 21s
New Medic Gyro CD on Death: 20s

On Cast Purge/Bulwark CD: 35s
On Cast Duration: 15s
CD at full duration: 20s
New Gyro CD on Death: 20s

On Cast Sneak Gyro CD: 45 seconds, because they’re not cute and furry.
On Cast Duration: 30s
CD at full duration: 15s
New Sneak Gyro CD: 20s

This amounts to an overall buff to gyro recharge as the net recharge time is reduced on all gyros except sneak gyro, which is effectively a buff if the sneak gyro would have been destroyed anytime before the final five seconds of its duration.

Blast Gyro’s toolbelt skill, Bypass Coating, is going to be a stunbreak.

(edited by Irenio CalmonHuang.2048)

in Engineer

Posted by: bazul.4506

bazul.4506

Sneak Gyro needed a cooldown that was longer since it would otherwise have potential 100% uptime, so it now has a cooldown of kitten , up from 30s (its 30s duration remains).

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

just interest how long is a kitten in seconds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

Sneak Gyro needed a cooldown that was longer since it would otherwise have potential 100% uptime, so it now has a cooldown of kitten , up from 30s (its 30s duration remains).

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

Probably 45.

Also, I’m curious about the rocket charge leap thing. I don’t think the issue was when the finisher effect was triggered, but rather that the effects were only triggered when your leap ended with you within a field, rather than triggering when leaping through a field like other leap finishers (IE, triggers when leaping from inside to outside of a field as well as outside to inside and inside to inside).

in Engineer

Posted by: harveyaddams.4951

harveyaddams.4951

Hopefully not like our magnet got ‘fixed’. It’s even worse now. I wouldn’t even run it if it weren’t attached to tool kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

I’d also guess 45 seconds, but the censor caught 45(s) as a workaround for the “a” word.

The changes to gyros are looking really good, though.

in Engineer

Posted by: glutularphysics.7923

glutularphysics.7923

if I’m reading the Rocket Charge changes right, once you’ve closed on a target the leap will no longer propel you the full distance, and instead just perform a mini-leap next to the target? if so that is an amazing change, won’t fly off the canopy during boss fights anymore haha.

Function Gyro felt good when I managed to get it off, glad to see it being available more frequently. I like the idea of it as the spec mechanic, and never expected or wanted it to change heavily, but I do think it would be nice if we had a bigger visual indicator for it to make it more noticeable/impactful (like some people have suggested, a fuel bar above the endurance bar could be cool).

all of these changes sounds awesome, looking forward to checking them out on launch.

pls call me meat

in Engineer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

’allo fellow Engineers,

Gyros are going to be affected by a systemic change that should increase their survivability quite a lot. In addition to that several changes to how Gyros follow you and their rate of travel were made – they shouldn’t zig-zag randomly about anymore even if you’re not moving and try to stay pretty close to you while you are moving.

• Several Gyros received increased movement speeds to help keep them close to you as you move and some skill changes to make them more effective at their jobs, like increased range on their abilities.
  • Gyros now start their cooldown upon summon rather than upon gyro death. … This should encourage players to keep them around to gain their benefits for longer.

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

Why yes… that does look like a passable recipe for fixing SPIRIT WEAPONS

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Function Gyro – K. More frequent uses is nice for traits that rely on Function Gyro and just using it in general.

Hammer combo – Sounds great. Aftercasts were definitely a killer.

Rocket Charge – Aw yes. Being able to stick to your target better AND being able to leap through fields and not just land on them to get your finishers? So good.

Shock Shield – YES. I’m going to take partial personal credit for this one, since I didn’t see too many other people mention it. But this should make the skill so much more useful for actually blocking stuff when you need it.

Gyro Stuff – Lovely changes. I’m sure some people are still going to hate them for the pure fact that they’re AI minions, but I for one enjoyed them well enough as they were, and these will definitely make them a lot more useable and interesting. Improved uptime and better at their jobs to boot? Noice. Oh, and LOLforum filter. Even the devs can’t escape from the evil fourty-five second kitten.

Impact Savant – Cool beans. Its actually useful now. Perhaps a little too useful, but we’ll see.

in Engineer

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

I’m loving these changes. Thank you, Irenio.

Thank you for recognizing the function gyro needs something more. Even in its new state, it is still just a minor trait with very little to make it competitive with some other lines. There have been a lot of great suggestions so I won’t go into it here.

The gyro cooldown changes is what we all wanted. Thank you, that one is awesome. And I wanted to plead on behalf of rhe rest of the channeled skill classes. Abilities like Mantras, Spirit Weapons, and Ranger Spirits need that kind of change too.

You rock, and thanks.

(edited by Voramoz.6790)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mingus Dew.8620

Mingus Dew.8620

Thanks for the update and thanks for listening, Irenio!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

Care to elaborate on the exact changes to each gyro? Seems silly to just make a general statement like that when the other change posts went into detail about the changes.

Here’s hoping medic gyro can cast while moving now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Nice changes so far, my only issue is the cast time to destroy the gyro. I think they should remove the cast time and make final salvo basline. Also what about allowing super speed to stack even if it’s only up to like 15 sec. Lastly any chance on giving gyros a stunbreak, perhaps on bulwark?

(edited by Lyger.5429)

in Engineer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

• Gyros now start their cooldown upon summon rather than upon gyro death. Medic, Shredder, Purge and Bulwark gyro now have a 35s cooldown, up from 30s. Sneak Gyro needed a cooldown that was longer since it would otherwise have potential 100% uptime, so it now has a cooldown of kitten , up from 30s (its 30s duration remains). This should encourage players to keep them around to gain their benefits for longer.

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

Yes, I am sure the cool down is now kitten, though I’m not too sure an Anet employee should be using such foul language.

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Well wishes,
~ Irenio

Probably 45.

Also, I’m curious about the rocket charge leap thing. I don’t think the issue was when the finisher effect was triggered, but rather that the effects were only triggered when your leap ended with you within a field, rather than triggering when leaping through a field like other leap finishers (IE, triggers when leaping from inside to outside of a field as well as outside to inside and inside to inside).

That’s what he means by moving the check to the start of the leaps, now it will trigger a finisher should you be in a combo field at any point, not just when the skill ends.

in Engineer

Posted by: Coolster.2536

Coolster.2536

Oh! I see what you did with the Gyros… Since the Gryros’ cooldown now starts on summon, by keeping the Gyros alive longer, you’re technically making the cooldowns shorter. I.E. Bulwark has a 15 second uptime and a 35s cooldown, so if it survives 15s, your cooldown will be 20s, instead of the initial 30
I like this! Wish the Function Gyro had more functionality in PvE though, but I can libe with simple rezzing

You Can’t Be A Genius, If You Aren’t The Slightest Bit Insane. B)

in Engineer

Posted by: Angier.1047

Angier.1047

Oh! I see what you did with the Gyros… Since the Gryros’ cooldown now starts on summon, by keeping the Gyros alive longer, you’re technically making the cooldowns shorter. I.E. Bulwark has a 15 second uptime and a 35s cooldown, so if it survives 15s, your cooldown will be 20s, instead of the initial 30
I like this! Wish the Function Gyro had more functionality in PvE though, but I can libe with simple rezzing

“Simple rezzing” can get rather handy in scenarios like raids where you can’t revive and keeping people alive is quite valuable.

@Irenio any news on a possible stun breaker on any of the gyros? I think bulwark’s or blast’s toolbelt skill are fine candidates in exchange for an increase in cooldown of course. The blast one would be neat. superspeed and stun break thematically fits. maybe ~45 sec?

(edited by Angier.1047)

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

Thanks so much for this Irenio; sounds like the changes will improve the spec and it’s great to hear we’ll still get more revisions after launch.

One thing with the Function Gyro I think still needs addressing, is that in the frenzy of combat it’s can be nearly impossible to manually target an ally to revive them, especially if there are enemies or npcs in the way. Some form of deployment without needing a target specifically selected is needed – wasting time trying to click the few free pixels of some who’s dying and failing is very unfun.

in Engineer

Posted by: BaronSolace.6831

BaronSolace.6831

Thanks so much for this Irenio; sounds like the changes will improve the spec and it’s great to hear we’ll still get more revisions after launch.

One thing with the Function Gyro I think still needs addressing, is that in the frenzy of combat it’s can be nearly impossible to manually target an ally to revive them, especially if there are enemies or npcs in the way. Some form of deployment without needing a target specifically selected is needed – wasting time trying to click the few free pixels of some who’s dying and failing is very unfun.

you can click the character portrait on your party menu.

in Engineer

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

a bit disappointed to see that stabilization core won’t be changed to affect all gyros to give the scrapper easier access to stability seeing as it is ment to be front line

in Engineer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

@ Irenio
Your a great dev.

Any chance you would kick Karl to the curb and come fix some stuff on guardian?

Spirit weapons, 3/5 of the signets & 2/4 of the consecrations have been utter crap since launch.
Not to mention numerous problems with a few weapons & the fact a great many of the traits are severely underpowered, laughably bad or just plain feel like they are in the wrong tree.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think that Thief players are happy about the CD change on Stealth Gyro to kitten.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Dyrus.6507

Dyrus.6507

hey irenio, thank you for posting the changes that have been made so far
they look great!

could you take a look into changing the source of the damage of the gyros ?
at the moment the elite gyro reveals the scrapper when it explodes because the explosion does damage.
maybe it gives scrapper a better feel if gyros cant destealth him, especialy when you think about elexier s
gyros could be treated same as mesmer clones – they dont reveal the mesmer when they do damage

(edited by Dyrus.6507)

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

When the forum’s filter censors a Developer trying to give simple information, you know it’s imbecilically oversensitive and desperately needs to be reworked. Or, they could just recognize that the forum users aren’t a bunch of preschoolers and kill the filter outright, either one.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

Irenio, first of all thank you very much for this post. I’m really curious about the changes to gyro survivability now.

Concerning no elite mechanic change, I understand that. The remaining time before the release will be focused on bugs and tweaks and that’s ok.

I would still like to ask you one thing: Could you please explain if you think that the changes to elite mechanic like for example the one that Chaith proposed, are realistic, or do you not find such big rework realistic to be done and there will be more like minor changes? Function gyro needs some functionality for PvE and I’m curious what you’ll do about it

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

So Sneak Gyro has become even worse than it was. I can’t see myself ever using it. It’s pretty much useless everywhere except wvwvw i guess.

Other changes seem good but CD increase on gyros was a bit premature. If they still die fast then we are looking at an actual increase in CD. If they live it’s okish but not spectacular.

Not a word about Hammer #2 which has huge delay.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

cant wait to try out this iteration, really appreciate the communication

who has time to find their cursor in the mess that is a bunch of particle effects on my screen and then drag it over to the correct party member, if that person is even in my party? not i. by the time i do that, my ally is rezzed or ded.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

So Sneak Gyro has become even worse than it was. I can’t see myself ever using it. It’s pretty much useless everywhere except wvwvw i guess.

Other changes seem good but CD increase on gyros was a bit premature. If they still die fast then we are looking at an actual increase in CD. If they live it’s okish but not spectacular.

Sneak is by FAR BETTER than before, what are you talking about? Before it was:

• 44s Max Stealth with 30s CD (16s Downtime without Stealth)

Now it is:

• 44s Max Stealth with 45 CD (ONE FREAKING SECOND Downtime without Stealth)

Explanation: After The Duration of 30s, the Gyro would have stacked 14s of Stealth on you. At that Point, the previous 30s CD triggered, leaving you with 16s without Stealth. After the Changes, the CD of 45 will start as soon as you summon, so after the Duration of 30s you have 14s of Stealth left and 15s of CD left, leaving you at 1s without Stealth.

Whoever thinks that is a nerf, needs to clean their glasses, that it totally a buff, especially in Stronghold where permanently removing Allied Archers/Doorbreakers/Heroes from the Minimap can be pretty devastating to the Enemy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Talsi.1469

Talsi.1469

Hey, thanks for the info and changes – feeling more optimistic already :-)
Thou I still feel that Function Gyro needs more work (or complete rework), I fully understand that there is not enough time before HoT launch to make such large changes.
I just hope you make some changes post launch – Chaith’s idea seemed very solid and interesting to me. Just please don’t leave us waiting too long (/me conspicuously pointing at past kit/backpack issue).

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

So a nerf to gyros in WvW because they die instantly now they have 5 Second more cooldown. I used them for Lightningfields in Zerg massive CC.

No changes to stability so no frontline without guardians in group and they even want more guardians and no scrapper.

Scrapper seems to be only created for PvP, so iam dissapointed about the changes. I hoped for more group support from gyros, stability on call or some other boons for allies.

Anyway thanks for the Info.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

Thanks, this is useful information. It doesn’t help much with PvE mass events or WvW zergs, but still. I think a ‘deploy and auto-seek downed allies’ would be the best improvement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

…uptime, so it now has a cooldown of kitten , up from 30s (its 30s duration remains)…

The forum considers the new increased cooldown to be offensively high :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Thank you for the news Irenio.

So we mainly get few adjustments on the hammer, waiting to see the “improved” gyros and possible traits variation. But still no identity for the elite spec.

Do we know how we manage to chose to stomp with the F-gyro or to do it with our usual self stomp? (I do not specially want to ALWAYS summon the F-gyro when available, and prefer to keep it available when there is a real need)

Waiting to see the changes, and hopefully get a true identity for this spec after the launch, but as expected, a bit (not saying more…) disappointed by the whole elite spec design and management, for such a class.

W&See

(edited by Nieguen.6235)

in Engineer

Posted by: Awn.1327

Awn.1327

• Rocket Charge: Will no longer leap about once you’ve reached your target, instead leaping ensuring that the gap remains closed and your leaps are more closely synchronized. The leap finishers from this ability now happen at the start of each jump, like other leap finishers. Also smacked the bug of this ability being affected by movement-speed.

I am very worried about this change. Rocket charge was by far the most useful (and fun) skill in the last BWE. Granted, it took 10+ hours of practice to control the movement, but once you mastered it (it is very much possible to use this skill on the edge of a cliff and not fall down…), you could really reap the benefits. So the only disadvantage I see with the old behaviour is that it is kind of hard to learn. On the other hand, the two main advantages I see with the way it was before are:

1) the AOE was more spread out
2) movement is far less predictable to enemies

And last but not least: leaping about is a lot of fun. We already have other hammer-using melee professions and they feel mostly very slow and static (to me anyway). Please do not make scrapper another one of those. =^.^=

in Engineer

Nieguen.6235

Now it is:

Explanation: After The Duration of 30s, the Gyro would have stacked 14s of Stealth on you. At that Point, the previous 30s CD triggered, leaving you with 16s without Stealth. After the Changes, the CD of 45 will start as soon as you summon, so after the Duration of 30s you have 14s of Stealth left and 15s of CD left, leaving you at 1s without Stealth.

Whoever thinks that is a nerf, needs to clean their glasses, that it totally a buff, especially in Stronghold where permanently removing Allied Archers/Doorbreakers/Heroes from the Minimap can be pretty devastating to the Enemy.

Even under stealth, the archers and doorbreakers appear on the map, but this is a discussion for an other subject…

in Engineer

Posted by: Angier.1047

Angier.1047

cant wait to try out this iteration, really appreciate the communication

who has time to find their cursor in the mess that is a bunch of particle effects on my screen and then drag it over to the correct party member, if that person is even in my party? not i. by the time i do that, my ally is rezzed or ded.

There are keybinds to target allied players. bind them. live them. love them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Klmor.1250

Klmor.1250

’allo fellow Engineers,

At this point we’re not going to be able to change the elite specialization mechanic very much. There are still going to be changes to it with the possibility for expansion of functionality post-launch.

~ Irenio

• Well that line clearly says you realized another AI skill set was a bad idea for Engineer and gyros were designed overall badly.And no one really asked for it, even most people hated turrets and other AI skills in the game.Anyways, still thanks for the update and changes.
  • Function Gyro and Hammer tweaks are nicely done.And Impanct Savant didn’t really make sense with just stun duration since we don’t really proper stun skills.Daze Duration really makes sense as most of us said earlier in the feedback thread.
  • ‘Gyros now start their cooldown upon summon rather than upon gyro death. ’
    ’Gyros are going to be affected by a systemic change that should increase their survivability quite a lot’ < These 2 changes are pretty important, appreciate it.But Sneak Gyro cooldown nerf wasn’t necessary imo.Because it already has a downside, sneak gyro itself stays revealed.And that ‘potential %100 uptime’ thing wouldn’t happen because in both pvp and wvw gyros will get destroyed quickly whenever they seen.
  • As for the other gyros, okay can see the potential of Bulwark and Medic gyro (Tested them in raid also, they weren’t too bad except Bulwark Gyro dies quickly but since they are getting more survivability, it ain’t problem anymore..Atleast hope so ) But lets look at Shredder, Purge and Blast gyros..

Oh god a whirl finisher which can’t even move arround..Ignore the fact that Shredder gyro is an Engineer skill, no other class would use it in any situation if they had it.Not sure how it can be more usefull but its teribad right now.

Blast Gyro has same problem, its not strong enough.If i really need a knockdown skill with some damage, i would use Flamethrower.Since it has both skills with extra more stuff and lower cooldowns.

And lastly, Purge Gyro.Okay condition removal looks good on the paper but in a complex, chaotic sitation (like raid) i wouldn’t want to risk my condition removals with an AI skill.It could be better if Purge Gyro removed condition from 3-5 allies arround it.

• Sorry for the salty first line but i still can’t get over the fact we are getting another AI skill set after 3 years.Hope they will get tweaked and fixed more after launch.

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

‘allo fellow Engineers,

So you agree that function gyro isn’t “elite specialization mechanics”, and now it’s to late to rework it. kitten about time…
Still I don’t believe in rework after launch of HoT…

Hammer 1 Autoattack Combo

Still no particle effects on only melee auto-attack in the game ?

Good changes, but I’m just dissapointed about them. Now compare Scrapperr’s changes to other elite-specializations, we have only small tweaks, any trait was changed or functionality of utilities wasn’t changes (only fixes to surviability and movement).

Sorry for the saltiness, but Function Gyro as class mechanic is terrible idea… why it wouldn’t be a trait ?

Trust me. I’m engineer

(edited by Miltek.2104)

in Engineer

Nieguen.6235

It is funny because everybody apologize for being “salty” about their thoughts on the elite spec design. But if the tweaks do not meet the expectation in 9 days, it is going to be a pepper engi forum

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

• Impact Savant: This trait now affects dazes in addition to stuns.

I was hoping for this!

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Is the “systemic change that should increase their survivability quite a lot” supposed to be the “cooldown upon summon” change, or is that something yet to be revealed?
Because that would increase their uptime, but does nothing to their survivability. If they died in a few seconds, they will still die in a few seconds.
And i feel that it is important to point out that we need them to survive enough to do whatever they’re supposed to do. Cause by having a single weapon we need to rely on kits, and taking a gyro means not taking a kit instead. A kit that would have no such issues to begin with, i should add.
So if they can’t be reliable enough…they just won’t be valid enough choices.

in Engineer

Posted by: Moon Of Despair.3586

Moon Of Despair.3586

Dear Irenio, thank you for your time to write about some of the changes to Scrapper since BWE3.

• Function Gyro – The gyro should appear and begin stomping or reviving more quickly and no longer seek to attack anyone that strikes it, focusing instead solely upon its task of stomping or reviving. The cooldown on the gyro has been reduced to 20s from 30s and its duration has been reduced to 10s from 15s. This is intended to increase the frequency of availability while still giving it enough time to complete its purpose.

In the scrapper bug thread, I mentioned that the function gyro self destructed when an elementalist used vapor form ( downed skill #2). I assume the gyro is meant to follow the elementalist and begin stomping again when vapor form ends. However, will a 10 second duration allow the function gyro enough time to complete its second
attempt?

According to the wiki a players stomp animation takes 3.5 seconds and the duration of vapor form is 3 seconds. Provided the function gyro stomp will also take 3.5 seconds, 2 attempts to finish the elementalist + the 3 seconds of vapor form already amounts to 10 seconds. Which leaves me with the question, what will happen when vapor form is used just shortly before the first attempt ends ( for example 0.1 seconds).

• Will the function gyro be able to move to its new location and start the second attempt within this short time span?
  • Does it take longer to move to the new location, but does it finish its attempt before self destructing?
  • Does it self destruct during its stomp animation without finishing the downed elementalist?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

It is funny because everybody apologize for being “salty” about their thoughts on the elite spec design. But if the tweaks do not meet the expectation in 9 days, it is going to be a pepper engi forum

As the history shows we will get maybe in line with other Elite Specs in about 3 Years or maybe 2 Years and then we get nerfed. They dont know what to do with the Engi, that we get a second AI Utility line shows how much they care about the engi community.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Toran.4230

Toran.4230

Am i the only one who liked the rocket charge how it was and thinks it just needed a little bit more adjusting so it actually reliably hits the target? It looked so kitten cool and different than any other skill in the game :c

in Engineer

NapTooN.6283

Now it is:

Even under stealth, the archers and doorbreakers appear on the map, but this is a discussion for an other subject…

really? That sucks then, i guess. Heroes were removed from the Map, right? At least in BWE1 and 2 i think, so that is quite an inconsistancy there.

in Engineer

Nieguen.6235

As the history shows we will get maybe in line with other Elite Specs in about 3 Years or maybe 2 Years and then we get nerfed. They dont know what to do with the Engi, that we get a second AI Utility line shows how much they care about the engi community.

The amount of players on engineer do not help compared to other classes…

really? That sucks then, i guess. Heroes were removed from the Map, right? At least in BWE1 and 2 i think, so that is quite an inconsistancy there.

I played scrapper on BWE3, used the elite on doorbreakers, and it was still possible to see it on map

in Engineer

NapTooN.6283

The amount of players on engineer do not help compared to other classes…

I played scrapper on BWE3, used the elite on doorbreakers, and it was still possible to see it on map

I believe you. But as far as i remember for BWE1 and 2, any stealth removed at least the Heroes from the Minimap. Not Sure about Breakers/Archers, have not paid attention to the Minimap in those cases.

But if the Heroes are stealthed on the Map, and the lesser NPCs not, i would call that “lazy work”, because they should either all be hidden or none of those.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rain.6345

Rain.6345

Is this change also going to affect mesmer’s clones or/and phantasms? Right now they die almost instantly in open world PVE or dungeons and I guess raids will be no different.

in Engineer

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Thanks for fixing some stuff, but there is still many stuff only on scrapper not working correctly. Please take the time and fix them! Not to mention all the bugs we engineers already suffer from… -__-

Good points from moon of despair. Stomping could be not only problem vs ele, as well a problem vs thiefs or mesmers. Which makes the mechanic of scrapper crappy again.

in Engineer

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

Rocket charge was by far the most useful (and fun) skill in the last BWE. Granted, it took 10+ hours of practice to control the movement, but once you mastered it (it is very much possible to use this skill on the edge of a cliff and not fall down…), you could really reap the benefits.

Wow. That statement just proves you have no idea what you’re talking about. It was bugged and unreliable. Confirmed by players AND dev. It wasn’t a skill thing. Half the time your second jump went in the wrong direction. Sometimes even your first jump went in the wrong direction.

I would prefer if it still jumped slightly past the enemy like it did, but I’d gladly trade that away for reliability.

in Engineer

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

Good work so far Irenio! Any word on the status of Juggernaut animations with the Engineer skills?

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas