Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: UltraTown.5683

UltraTown.5683

Hi guys!
I made a goal about 5 months ago to successfully create and use and engi build without kits. The Kitless Rifle build guide can be found on my youtube channel at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Euww0hfb8

Now that HoT has been released, I’ve created a Kitless Scrapper build guide that can be found at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSujOZoNGGY

I hope you enjoy, these builds are fun to use in a pvp or wvw setting. These are not designed for pve however.

Ultra
Darkhaven
Chaos City Saints [CCS]

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: UltraTown.5683

UltraTown.5683

Ultra
Darkhaven
Chaos City Saints [CCS]

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Peteris.5936

Peteris.5936

Hi folks.
I just recently joined game and one of my two characters are meant for PvP, and thats engineer. But since I am new and has not got even single character to lvl 80 then obviously my knowledge on game is somewhat limited. I tried to search info about builds over internet but so far all build that I found gives list things that you have to choose but do not explain much about why choices are made the way they are made.

But for PvP char you have to create build like its lvl 80 character.
Sooo… I created my first build but since it is my first build and it was created by noob then it must be bad

So could any kind heart explain me what is wrong in my build and why?

Here is my build – http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalcThqrY5VwvLw6FLsF1XFehdoYHNFzI4IeiBAA-TJBBwAUOBAoLDA4BAQb/BA
Basic idea is dumb and straightforward – high crit chance that is increased if target bleeds or is close enough (firearms).
Alchemy provides support for healing and defense.
And explosives allows create bomb after dodge roll.

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Remus Darkblight.1673

Remus Darkblight.1673

Okay, so no one seems to be posting in these sticky threads much any more.

I’m going to post a build anyway, I’ve only just started really playing my Engineer, as a scrapper. Built for general roaming PvE, world events, dungeons/fractals and whatever else it’s meant to be a bit of a generalist.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh2tY9VwkLQ+FLsFF4IuBBQ4SdRvmYHNFPBA-TFyHwACVeoX9HmKB7pEbwDAwhOAR7PA4CAQGgitA-w

The main downside is lack of condi-clear and swiftness having to make do with 25% speed boost from mecha-legs and using Hoelbrak runes to keep condition duration down.

I’m open to suggestions for changes/alternatives though I’ve tried to hit a sweet spot on survivability and damage, the gear is mostly theory-crafting at the moment as I don’t have access to all of it yet.

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Here’s my build at the moment for level 80 Scrapper (although my heal skill is the Scrapper one; it wasn’t an option on the website) – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQJAqanUIC1ahtbBWXBsehl7iCMBfwAge1j9ZX8g+hQE-e Also wearing Carrion armor to help boost survivability and more condi damage.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Aravind.9610

Aravind.9610

Here is what I use for open world PvE. It offers plenty of condi removal (not that that matters much in open world but still…) along with permanent 25 might, a LOT of healing, very good power damage, a LOT of boons and high boon uptime plus 5 seconds of quickness once every 10 seconds if played right.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQFAUlUUhatY7Ww6KQ7FL3FF9qH75OYDWABgYB9D5AA-TxRGABjrDYe1fA4BAkwFAA99HGS5nUKBBA-e

For dungeons/fractals the rifle can be switched out for hammer. For hammer swap the “Skilled Marksman” trait in Firearms specialization with “No Scope” trait. Also swap the “Recovery Matrix” trait in Scrapper elite specialization with “Perfectly Weighted”. Elixir B can also be swapped out for a gyro or another kit if hammer is being used.

(edited by Aravind.9610)

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: judgement.9782

judgement.9782

Having played engi since release they had never been a class that was played by many and never getting the class buffs that were needed. Usually a very weak class compared to others. Finally we got scrapper engi which was on par with the other HoT metas but constantly we are being nerfed into the ground while other OP classes gain even more buffs. At this point just delete your engi and re roll warrior or necro that’s now the ultimate engi build.

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Having played engi since release they had never been a class that was played by many and never getting the class buffs that were needed. Usually a very weak class compared to others. Finally we got scrapper engi which was on par with the other HoT metas but constantly we are being nerfed into the ground while other OP classes gain even more buffs. At this point just delete your engi and re roll warrior or necro that’s now the ultimate engi build.

I will never delete my Engineer…

Even with all the changes we still remain the underdogs of the community. I actually enjoy being that class that everyone looks down upon and doesn’t want around. I like being called a perplexity kitten g o t even though I don’t use those runes -_-

Let ANet do what they want with us. Hell, let them give up on us already.

I won’t…

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I might have posted this one here already, but not feeling like going through 5 pages to find my post…

“Chemical Burner” PvE build

Main features: Pistol/Pistol, Flamethrower/ConditionDmg and Elixirs/Buff/CondiRemove

Stat combination(s): full Rampager, full Sinister, full Viper or any stat combination with preferably Precision and condition damage as main stats.

Traits: Alchemy (1-2-1), Firearms (2-3-1) and Inventions (2-3-2)

Healing skill: Elixir H
Utility skills: Flamethrower, Elixir B and (Free to choose Elixir on slot 3)
Elite skill: Elixir X

Utilize Dual wielded pistols and Flamethrower to inflict damage, use elixirs to buff yourself up and cleanse conditions, don’t forget to throw elixirs since they also give might and cleanses.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Ishmael.3642

Ishmael.3642

this build focuses on poison and fire. if i cannot turn you into a puddle, i shall cleanse you in a baptism of fire.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqancoCduhlYBGpC0ehF2iCMELxA4LpywNkO4H+kH-TRiAwABV/BwDAIi5PoKxWq8IxJA41+Dy0D8RJIA-e

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: toxicfury.7582

toxicfury.7582

Flamethrower x 10 stacks of might, 100% uptime.

Superior Rune of the Fire x2
Superior Rune of Hoelbrak x2
Superior Rune of Strength x2

Chocolate Orange or Chocolate Omnomberry Cream

Originally I had posted this as a WvW spec, but honestly its just a setup to hover around 25 stacks of might, self buffed, use it as you will, however you feel it best be used. The important points are Fast-Acting Elixirs, Juggernaut, HGH, and 30 alchemy with the above setup. Take Elixir H and B, Flamethrower, and whichever elixir of your choosing, then spam them as much as possible, including the toolbelt.

why is your PvP icon replaced by some sort of help icon?

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

[WvW] – Plague Doctor with an engineering degree. Works best in duo/small group roaming.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoCtbh9dB2aBEqilJjS8ZOgAIsfSmvjeur7+G-T1hAQBQ7EAAj9H8neAA8AAKjyPHq+TjUCSKAFlGB-w

Pros:

+ Moderately high condition pressure through 100% duration Burning from several sources along with complimentary cover condition variety to make those burns safely tick.

+ Auto proc traits will make you very hard to burst down.

+ Excellent sustain and condition clearing through the use of Alchemy and Inventions traitlines pumped by your own healing power.

+ Below 75% HP, you have 3 separate forms of passive sustain, which will net you around +500 hp per second and not accounting superspeed when active which will give you a whooping +450 hp regen per second by itself.

+ Superior mobility thanks to Rocket Boots and Acid Bomb. This also allows you for some neat getaways if your Autodefense Bomb Dispenser is proc’d, you can blast it with your rocket boots to get stealthed out of danger and use Stealth Gyro if needed for follow up.

+ Great group utility and sustain thanks to Medical Dispersion Field.

Cons:

- Only 1 on-the-fly breakstun. (This is minor has you have a lot of passive defenses unless heavily overwhelmed).

- Lack of blocks and invulnerables.

- Not the most bursty P/P setup because Firearms is missing.

- Medical Dispersion Field is essentially useless in solo scenarios.

__

Fun build to play if you have a mate(s) to tag along, also counters the current ghost thief plague going on , you can singlehandedly shut them down and not die to them.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Smog.4058

Smog.4058

I was trying to reproduce the spvp as closely as i could to try in WvW/ pve farm

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQFASnUUBFpitbBepCEqil0i67pCgGQckyiqge6T+oH-TVCBQB6QFnWZ+Je6I43+DrS5nQUPYfPIgUqEEAXQgAAIAE8ZA-w

basically it has a bit more lower power a bit more crit and toughness but a bit less healing power.

before i go about gather all these pieces do you think it would be viable ? I am not very familiar with WvW but the damage/tank of the spvp build it’s based on is really good

ps it’s based on the top meta build build for spvp

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Grum’s PVE Support Build:

Pistol Sigil of Water
Shield Sigil of Renewal

4 Runes of Mercy
2 Runes of Altruism or Runes of Evasion for the self heal

Healing Turrets and Supply Crate for aoe blast heals and Medpack drop for condi large condi removal

Thumper Turret Elixir Gun and Rocket Boots to maximize blast heals

Magnetic Shield for an extra blast heal if needed

If you time it right you can blast heal right when the Medpack Drop falls for extra effect

Two stun removals as well as an automatic lowering of stuns with scrapper

Soothing Detonation for easy extra heals

Using heal skills reduces damage to the engineer for both the burst damage and the conditions that might remain. Healing skills remove conditions automatically, you could even swap to using the Elixir Gun/Elite Mortar Kit for easy condition removal just by swapping weapons the Sigil of Renewal triggers the Cleansing Synergy trait.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqenUUBVWhdpC+dB0ehFDjasAfhALMAuv8juxf8KH-ThxGAB0pEEgTEALLPwkyvcfgAptDApA8bmF-e

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Jade.7614

Jade.7614

What gear stats do people use for damage and survivability in PVE?

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

My actual PVE build don’t know if it’s great or not but I like it, I always use it and have some victories in pvp with him.
-Full Ascended Armor (Cavalier: so Power+, Toughness++ and ferocity+)
-Almost a mess for accesories: a berserker, cavalier………
-Critical hit effects.
-Rifle build with turrets, no kits, swap sometimes with flamethrower instead of Elixir.

+Correct health: 18 812
+Important armor: 3318
+Medium Power: 2068
+Enough healing skills to fill the healing power gap

-No Alterations damage or bonus durations

Attachments:

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Post Your Build Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Wrote up my Healing build if anyone is looking for info:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Healing-Engineer-Build/

Legendary Defender of Casuals