Scrapper - Engi Elite Spec Preview MMORPG.com

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

What bugs me is I can’t help but feel that while it seems cool for PVP it seems like that’s 100% it’s focus. I don’t know but I’m a bit apprehensive towards it right now, curious how it’ll work out. Sounds like you’re locked out of toolbelt skills, so what about other utilities? will they be useable just without the toolbelt skill? The gyros sound decent but just not really all that practical for regular PVE use. Wish I liked PVP more in this game but I’ll save the rant… I hate it. So I’m just a bit worried that we’re getting a new toy that simply has no use for me /shrug.

So, 1 skill isn’t 100% useful to you (stomp likely not used, but rez is still useful in PvE) because you only like 1 of the 3 game modes in GW2…

To say that you’re being short-sighted may be an understatement.

Friendly reminder that abilities get nerfed and changed in all game modes because of how people feel in a single game mode.

Yup, and irrelevant as that may be to the point I made, those balance changes are not always based on PvP either.

It’s not irrelevant because every game mode affects another. It’s a pretty big issue if something is overwhelmingly oriented or alienating of any game mode because ArenaNet balances ALL game modes based on any one game mode having problems. You know, like Turrets.

So, god forbid ANY of the base features of the gyros end up being OP in PvP, because then what little use it did have in PvE is going to be marginalized. Does the range rally pull people up too fast in PvP? Well then, we’re going to have to make it less useful in everything. So the few that do use it in PvE for the same purpose will have a harder time relying on it because monsters hit much harder in single swings. This is a problem with destructible aides in general.

There’s still more to be revealed as far as skills go but what’s been shown so far as Gyros are concerned is underwhelming for PvE. The fact that they’re destructible gives me even less hope towards their usefulness given our current track record of destructible objects. I don’t think they said ALL of our new skills are going to be gyros, but if they are, we’re walking into a lot of potential issues. I hope the four remaining skills that haven’t been announced are much more useful for PvE content because what’s shown isn’t what Engineers need for it. I don’t think anything would frustrate me more than seeing them become Turrets 2.0 and deemed unusable for a game mode.

At least the Hammer is shaping up nicely.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Technophile would have been glorious

yep, having sex with Scarlet’s Steam Creatures sounds totally glorious.

You should probably look up the meaning of technophile

I know the meaning of necrophilia and pedophilia, so it is not far fetched to put technophilia into the same category. But to let you sleep well tonight, it was meant as a joke but of course someone had to play the srsbsns-card.

-phile is not the same as -philia.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Well, it’s similar to necro shouts. Reapers haven’t been using those in BWE’s because they’re inferior to current utilities; yet, the elite specialization overall is extremely strong. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if the same thing happened with scrapper.

in Engineer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

I know the meaning of necrophilia and pedophilia, so it is not far fetched to put technophilia into the same category. But to let you sleep well tonight, it was meant as a joke but of course someone had to play the srsbsns-card.

By my understanding (i am not a native Englishman) Philia is the General Noun for the whole phenomenon while phile is either the adjective or the Person itself. Example in a sentence:

Bob is a necrophile (adjective) Necrophile (Person) who shows interest in Necrophilia (Phenomenon).

in Engineer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

By my understanding (i am not a native Englishman) Philia is the General Noun for the whole phenomenon while phile is either the adjective or the Person itself. Example in a sentence:

Bob is a necrophile (adjective) Necrophile (Person) who shows interest in Necrophilia (Phenomenon).

Sorry, but it was a bad joke and very offensive. Also you so far still dont seem to understand what technophile/technophilia means.

in Engineer

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

So if all “Function Gyro” does is stomp and rez it does nothing for those times when you are alone. If it us truly a " function gyro" to sort of replace the F key it should be able to handle F key tasks. Would it be game breaking if Engineers fought mobs while a gyro opened a chest? Or retrieved an item you need for a jumping puzzle? Or ranged loot for you? Or interact with a trading post 1200 units away? I don’t thknk so.

Engineer has never truly had rez support before, but if “function gyro” only rezzes and stomps I’m disappointed. In the words of Professor Farnsworth: “It can do other things! It doesn’t just have to make noses!”
Edit: ooooooh lawyered below. Engineers have never had rez support in the vain of he Warrior tactics line or traits. I’m well aware of elixirs S and R. My point stands. If stomp and rez is all the “function gyro” does, I feel sort of cheated. It would offer nothing in a solo jumping puzzle, guild puzzle, exploration sense. And it could.

(edited by Voramoz.6790)

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Engineer has never truly had rez support before,

Toss Elixir R

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_R

And obviously elixir S and Toss elixir S