Shredder Gyro

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Were they trying to insult us with this ability?

They even looked at it recently, “buffed it” and said, yeah, this skill is ok.

Just make it so it scales off player stats and can crit.

(edited by Aegael.6938)

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Yeah people have been suggesting to scale turrets and Gyros off of player stats for literally years, but ArenaNet have said on multiple occasions that it’s not possible because they’re constructs/‘gadgets’.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

It should get an aoe pull on first whirl or something. Chaith it’s 100% correct, and that tree is not even a little bit worth barking up any more (why Mesmer illusions are exempt from this BS I will never understand…). You’re better off asking for some added affect that doesn’t go against a stated game design concept. Hence my desire for a pull.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

It should get an aoe pull on first whirl or something. Chaith it’s 100% correct, and that tree is not even a little bit worth barking up any more (why Mesmer illusions are exempt from this BS I will never understand…). You’re better off asking for some added affect that doesn’t go against a stated game design concept. Hence my desire for a pull.

They should make it have some insane unique effect that’s different from normal whirl finishers. Not only is the ability competing for an incredibly important Engineer utility slot, it still doesn’t even do anything by itself, you need to set up a field for it. And since half of the whirl finishers in the game create damaging conditions, which are useless on the NON-SCALING shredder gyro, it’s just so laughable.

Or just forget about finishers and make it a utility skill that repeatedly pulls foes in, like you said. Then maybe it’d see some occasional use in troll PvP builds or something.

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I think Shredder Gyro would work great as a CC Gyro. Unfortunately I doubt it will happen since Blast Gyro currently fills that role. But if it were to periodically pull targets within range in, while doing damage and whirl finishers, then it would probably see some use in all game modes. The other problem I see though is if it pulled targets in more than once, everyone would complain about it like they did Slick Shoes, where as if it only pulls targets once, then I can’t see it having much use over Blast Gyro.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I think Shredder Gyro would work great as a CC Gyro. Unfortunately I doubt it will happen since Blast Gyro currently fills that role. But if it were to periodically pull targets within range in, while doing damage and whirl finishers, then it would probably see some use in all game modes. The other problem I see though is if it pulled targets in more than once, everyone would complain about it like they did Slick Shoes, where as if it only pulls targets once, then I can’t see it having much use over Blast Gyro.

I think it could still work. But rather, while the Blast Gyro launches people away, the Shredder Gyro could pull people together. This would allow for full advantage of any created whirl finishers.

NSPride <3

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Were they trying to insult us with this ability?

They even looked at it recently, “buffed it” and said, yeah, this skill is ok.

Just make it so it scales off player stats and can crit.

I use the shredder gyro the same way I’ve used the Norn wurm skill, mostly as a distraction for enemies NPCs in PvE. I drop it to keep them busy. It could use more damage dealing. I’m sure in PvP it’s worthless as the players can simply avoid it. It could use the ability to target an enemy and follow them.

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

You can also stay inside of the Gyro and not bother at all. Only the daze in the end is dangerious, everything else is total garbage …

Check this out, it also affects the Gyro as you can see in the end of the post:

While it’s easy applied as a Power Scrapper, it’s harder to apply as a Condi Scrapper. How to fix that? The answer is Shredder Gyro GASP !

The Flame turret inherits condition damage and duration from the player, yet has it’s own power stats. Apply this to the Shredder Gyro too and it will be a good pick instead of the Flame Thrower, since it’s toolbelt applies Static Overcharge.

Read the full post here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Expert-Examination-change-fix-Engi-in-Raids/first#post6217996

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Rude.9485

Rude.9485

Yeah people have been suggesting to scale turrets and Gyros off of player stats for literally years, but ArenaNet have said on multiple occasions that it’s not possible because they’re constructs/‘gadgets’.

Yet isnt the idea of Scrapper that they take scrap parts and design these gyros? So shouldnt they be able to design them more power oriented or tank oriented if they so please? I mean that whole statement from ANet sounds like a whole bunch of bs and its insulting.

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

If whirl finishers were not so kitten it might be useful.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I like the pull idea a lot, but I’m very biased about cc, I love it too much.
What if instead of pull it were a “taunt” effect? That wouldbe cool: set up a field, put the gyro and look at your enemies running into it by their own feet.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Just throwing this function change out there, its an idea but I didn’t think too much about it.

Throw tracking dart, tracked target has a shredder gyro spawned on them which performs a charge at them 3-5 times with a leap finisher instead of whirl.

Leap finishers are potentially much more useful with all the lightning fields scrappers throw out(like the toolbelt, making for melee range synergy, and allowing much more punishment for keeping enemies in your fields) as well as some others, or at the very least if it tracks the daze on detonation would be utilized. Otherwise, it needs improvements others have suggested.

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: gnollbane.3620

gnollbane.3620

Shredder Gyro is a Joke plain and simple

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Would be interesting if the gyro somehow performed every finisher possible, every second. So putting it in a field would utilize every possible effect from it.

(On second thought, that would pretty much insta-stack 24 might)…

But still a cool idea.

NSPride <3

Shredder Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

That is super simple to understand.

The coefficient on all mesmer skills are based around having illusions. For sustain, a (mesmer + illusions) <= ( damage of other classes). For burst, coefficients are much higher because shattering kills our major source of dps.

Just as engie is balanced by potentially using quadruple kits, we are balanced by potentially having 3 phantasms out.

The 3 attacks that come from them each rotation have to inherit stats in order to every try competing with the 10+ attack in your rotations. (we failed btw we just give alacrity and quickness now)

What you want is a situation where a turret can do the damage of kit/phantasm.

If turrets/gyros worked like phantasms their health would be halved, their attacks would be more intermittent. They would have no command skills. They would keep their destroy abilities but the destruction would scale with your power and trigger enemy on hit abilities against you.

And most importantly of all, they could only have one target and they would die when it died.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)