in Engineer

Posted by: Woobins.1803

Woobins.1803

..and if there’s any plans in updating it, just sayin’

So about the mortar kit aesthetic..

in Engineer

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Thats the Charrzooka…. which apparently got turned into a Rifle to use existing animations, despite being twice as long as the charr using it, causing it to clip into EVERYTHING!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’m a fan of the current look.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The actual charzooka skin is grotesque to me. I much prefer the skin we have now.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Woobins.1803

I don’t mean using the charrzooka model, don’t much like the look of it myself, I meant that particular size/dimension weapon, shoulder mounted etc. Or atleast a weapon model for different races that’s shoulder mounted instead of hip fired (the charr one would look weird on a sylvari eng for example)

Charrzooka looks nothing like the one in the concept art.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If they want to put it on the shoulder they’d need new animations. They’d also need to change the name to bazooka.

in Engineer

Woobins.1803

If they want to put it on the shoulder they’d need new animations. They’d also need to change the name to bazooka.

I’m aware of that. I’m not making a demand, merely a suggestion if they’re considering changing it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Oh wow, yea, that would be nice.

The current Mortar aesthetic is a bit underwhelming, but I’ve overlooked it because:
1) The Mortar skills are awesome and it’s probably the best rework to any elite in the game.
and
2) Bomb kit looks worse, lol!

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Seems like a new thread like this apears every other week. Here is last weeks thread . Here is another one .This thread also speaks of mortar visual changes. And so does this .

Here is my opinion from last week, it still stands:

I like how Horrik holds it, but that would work badly with Asura. Maybe they could make it more like how Tristana in League of Legends holds her cannon (example) or how Spartans hold Missile pods in Halo 3 (example)

in Engineer

Posted by: Xinrut.1743

Xinrut.1743

But think of how humorous it would be to see a head-mounted mortar on an asura!

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Seems like a new thread like this apears every other week. Here is last weeks thread . Here is another one .This thread also speaks of mortar visual changes. And so does this .

Here is my opinion from last week, it still stands:

I like how Horrik holds it, but that would work badly with Asura. Maybe they could make it more like how Tristana in League of Legends holds her cannon (example) or how Spartans hold Missile pods in Halo 3 (example)

Good suggestions on those. +1 for those, although I’m not sure it’d really be that bad to have Asura hold it Horrik-style.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

no that’s not the charrzooka and yes that’s what i’ve expected they would do … a huge disappointment…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Good suggestions on those. +1 for those, although I’m not sure it’d really be that bad to have Asura hold it Horrik-style.

Well, the problem is that our heads are wider than our shoulders, so we don’t have any space to fit a cannon without breaking our neck. Still, they could design a mortar that can be held both ways and have it depend on race.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ojyh.9842

Ojyh.9842

They already have something similar in the game.
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/126473/horrik.jpg

in Engineer

Posted by: Ironwill.5389

Ironwill.5389

You probably stand a better chance of getting a non clipping version of the armour set for your charr in that image than you do the weapon skin…

Seriously though.. the most inventive thing you want for the mortar kit skin is a sharp broken tree stump with chains? It really only fits a Charr and maybe a Norn archetype engineer.. imagine an Asura with that broken looking thing? Even the conquest Lord has a slicker looking shoulder cannon than that beast…

in Engineer

Woobins.1803

Seems like a new thread like this appears every other week

Thanks for the correction.. the one time I don’t use the search function.. my bad!

Seriously though.. the most inventive thing you want for the mortar kit skin is a sharp broken tree stump with chains? It really only fits a Charr and maybe a Norn archetype engineer.. imagine an Asura with that broken looking thing? Even the conquest Lord has a slicker looking shoulder cannon than that beast…

Or atleast a weapon model for different races that’s shoulder mounted instead of hip fired (the charr one would look weird on a sylvari eng for example)

I’m not saying “YES, EXACTLY THAT, FOR EVERYONE”, I’m saying that’s a direction one could take with the overall shape/animation of a new mortar kit, otherwise refer to Are’s post.

-edit- Though I would actually take a ‘sharp broken treestump with chains’ for a replacement any day.

(edited by Woobins.1803)

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Honestly just name it Grenade Launcher Kit, and done. That’s how it looks, fits perfectly.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.