Speculating new engie skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

…you know, somehow I hadn’t noticed the every weapon part. I kinda zeroed in on ‘Engineer plus Hammer? Check.’

That’s…that’s insane. Holy crap. I don’t even know what kind of reaction to have to that besides just kind of bluescreening.

…on a sidenote, why is hard tripping the kitten filter? It’s the antithesis of soft.

Thieves and Mesmers with Rifles…gg invis Snipers.

Nuclear launch detected.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

If it spells a word, then it is an acrostic not an acronym.

Id like to see turrets fixed before we get another round of broken skills.

1: Acrostics are those things where a word’s written vertically, and then each letter in it is used as the start letter of a phrase or sentence. Acronyms are shortenings of sequences of words to make them into something easier to say (for example, SHIELD and JARVIS both are acronyms from the Marvel universe).

2: Yeah, it would be pretty nice to get turrets actually fixed, but Anet doesn’t really listen to us unless we get their attention and start doing 10,000 shot tests. Nothing posted in this thread is likely to make a difference, and they’re not seeming likely to really fix the issues afflicting Turrets to begin with. They haven’t done anything to address the bad parts of Turrets for a while, after all.

when the words used to create the acronym also form a phrase or complex noun phrase and the acronym itself forms a proper noun then the collection of letters forms an acrostic, the verticality of the presentation is semantics.

acrostic puzzle books often take this one step further by making the acrostic itself a phrase or complex noun phrase.

SHIELD and JARVIS are acrostics because their containers are complex noun phrases, as is GOLEM. SCUBA is also an acrostic if you want to put the argument out that scuba is now a word in common usage.

PETA is an acronym, as is NAFTA and are RCMP, FBI, CIA, GED, and ROFLMAO, though – like scuba – the latter is questionably a colloquial acrostic.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Engineer

Posted by: Riojin.2649

Riojin.2649

I personally think there may be a return of the mine kit guys. Like a nice revamped version. And I’m also pretty hopeful for a cannoneer like that anther blade chap.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I want a mega suit with one skill from every kit!

RAWR! gimme nao!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

1: Acrostics are those things where a word’s written vertically, and then each letter in it is used as the start letter of a phrase or sentence. Acronyms are shortenings of sequences of words to make them into something easier to say (for example, SHIELD and JARVIS both are acronyms from the Marvel universe).

2: Yeah, it would be pretty nice to get turrets actually fixed, but Anet doesn’t really listen to us unless we get their attention and start doing 10,000 shot tests. Nothing posted in this thread is likely to make a difference, and they’re not seeming likely to really fix the issues afflicting Turrets to begin with. They haven’t done anything to address the bad parts of Turrets for a while, after all.

when the words used to create the acronym also form a phrase or complex noun phrase and the acronym itself forms a proper noun then the collection of letters forms an acrostic, the verticality of the presentation is semantics.

acrostic puzzle books often take this one step further by making the acrostic itself a phrase or complex noun phrase.

SHIELD and JARVIS are acrostics because their containers are complex noun phrases, as is GOLEM. SCUBA is also an acrostic if you want to put the argument out that scuba is now a word in common usage.

PETA is an acronym, as is NAFTA and are RCMP, FBI, CIA, GED, and ROFLMAO, though – like scuba – the latter is questionably a colloquial acrostic.

Huh. Guess you learn somethin’ new every day.

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Hammer turret engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

People everywhere divisively annoying Nakoda’s temper.

^ Which is this?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

^ Which is this?

borderline, the problem is that for it to be a complex noun phrase it would, out of necessity, need be an independent clause.

pedant, being a proper noun, would lean towards the acrostic header, but since “people everywhere divisively annoying nakoda’s temper” (p.s. “aggravating” might be a better transitive verb there) is a dependent clause because it has no actionable verb. I am drawing a blank on the technical term for this at the moment, i do not have my grammar notes at hand today. it may in fact be an acronym.

soz.

however, “people everywhere divisively aggravating nakoda’s temper [who also] incessantly conjure kittens [that] intensely tackle taboo eclectic nonesense suck" is most definitely an acrostic.

P.P.S: i don’t have a temper. this is just my general temperment.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Engineer

lunyboy.8672

^ Which is this?

borderline, the problem is that for it to be a complex noun phrase it would, out of necessity, need be an independent clause.

pedant, being a proper noun, would lean towards the acrostic header, but since “people everywhere divisively annoying nakoda’s temper” (p.s. “aggravating” might be a better transitive verb there) is a dependent clause because it has no actionable verb. I am drawing a blank on the technical term for this at the moment, i do not have my grammar notes at hand today. it may in fact be an acronym.

soz.

however, “people everywhere divisively aggravating nakoda’s temper [who also] incessantly conjure kittens [that] intensely tackling taboo eclectic nonesense suck" is most definitely an acrostic.

P.P.S: i don’t have a temper. this is just my general temperment.

You had me at “soz.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Talbin.8305

Talbin.8305

Thanks gents… I now feel like one of the Skritt test subjects.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

Bookah don’t even know their own language.

in Engineer

Posted by: EllyBean.6485

EllyBean.6485

I WANT A PORTAL GUN. THAT IS ALL.

That, and a rocket launcher kit because nothing is complete without a rocket launcher.

Oh, and a grappling gun kit. One of the grappling gun kit skills will include an aoe skill where we can to dictate where the person who is immobilized/grappled lands.

And a futuristic goggle kit skill. When you click on the kit, you get 5 skills and you are automatically wearing a pair of steam punk goggles. The temporary steam punk goggles will make up for the hobo sacks we have to always wear. They work like utility goggles but you many options, like maybe a stun breaker, protection, aegis, stability, etc. They aren’t offensive skills, but rather defensive/evasion skills used to somehow protect you.

(edited by EllyBean.6485)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lostmarbles.7859

Lostmarbles.7859

I remember in the first Guild Wars when elite skills were actually elite. Hope we see that soon in Guild Wars 2.

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Personally, I’ll be kitten disappointed if we don’t get another kit…

Kits 4 Life!

in Engineer

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

1:

new trait for flamethrower “oilcoated flames” , flamethrower 1# now burn for 1sec and cripple for 3sec at end of cast.

2:

propper stealth mechanic, like big ol´bomb but with a flash. new trait “Big Ol’ Flash bomb” perhaps, big ol’ bomb now deals 30% less damage but blinds enemy targets and generate stealth for 3 seconds.

3:

new weapon setup, one handed pistol. new abilities: quickdraw 4# daze 1/2 sec and fires two burning round that burns for 2 sec, 5# pistolwhip run towards your enemy and hit them with the pistolhilt 3sec bleed.

4:

New kit, “the junk kit” 25sec cooldown, active time before falling part 10sec. The Junk Kit generate 4 engineer kit abilities but weaker version and the 5th ability is “junk cannon”, you deploy a turret that will randomly fire these abilities once every 1,5sec once everything is fired it will explode, this ability detonate the junk kit aswell and inflicts 5 stack of vurnability to the engineer. All abilities fired with this kit will be launched via a cannon with 600 range, example: you get prybar, and box of nails the cannon will then fire a prybar at your enemy and box of nails will become a groundtarget skill.

toolbelt skill, “punch” deliver a firstrate knucklesandwich to your enemytargets face.

new grandmaster inventions trait, Rifled Turret Barrles merged with new trait “Twin turret barrles” rifle turrets cooldown now increased to 30sec but now fire burning projectiles and at overcharge it also blinds enemy.

change to healing turret, healing turret now heals for 400 health per tick while active DO NOT provide the boon “regeneration” anymore, scales will healing power.

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

in Engineer

Posted by: EllyBean.6485

EllyBean.6485

I wouldn’t mind seeing a cannon kit, something like Horrik’s aoe cannon. Having a high dps aoe cannon would be sweet. This kit could have an aoe nail skill for crippling foes and an ultimate skill where there is a multiple aoe skill (rains down a larger radius of damage, acid, conditions, etc., like firestorm).

in Engineer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

I hope a new melee kit, or new weapon like a hammer or something like that. Or a new stealth skill. Anyboby knows when it comes out?

Momekas
Momekas Namu

(edited by MandJ.8965)

in Engineer

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

I hope a new melee kit, or new weapon like a hammer or something like that. Or a new stealth skill. Anyboby knows when it comes out?

Sometime between now and….well the end of year.

Personally I will just be happy with just a Hammer and perhaps Explosive arrows for SB or LB.

(edited by Newbie.4586)

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Judging from what they’ve said about giving every profession access to all weapon times, I’m guessing that any new skills would be weapon based. With that in mind here are a few ideas.

Hammer

Skill 1: 3 chained attack applying weakness, vulnerability and ending in a cripple
Skill 2: Leap attack ending with an AoE burn and a 3 second fire field
Skill 3: Small AoE attack. Blast Finisher.
Skill 4: Projectile attack that leaves a trail of smoke/fire
Skill 5: Large AoE attack resulting in burning, bleed and knock back.

Greatsword Leaning more towards the alchemy side of the engineer

Skill 1: 3 chained attack that damages -> poisons -> AoE poison field
Skill 2: Spinning Attack
Skill 3: Small ranged AoE attack that acts like the thief’s gunk steal ability
Skill 4: A single target pull followed by a repulse.
Skill 5: Wall that causes a random condition every time a foe passes through it

Staff

Skill 1: Launch a small explosive projectile.
Skill 2: Create a spider mines that will run after target foe. When it reaches its target it’ll detonate causing AoE damage along with bleeding and burning (3 seconds each)
Skill 3: Create a spider mine that will run after target foe. When it reaches its target it’ll detonate leaving a puddle of oil that will cause foes running over it to fall down.
Skill 4: Create a spider mine that will block the next three attacks before detonating
Skill 5: Create a elixir infused spider mines that will seek out injured allies to heal. Leaves a small AoE healing circle that classes as a water field and lasts for 3 seconds. Can be manually detonated.

Sword Lightning rod

Skill 1: Ranged attack that leaves a charge on the target. At 5 charges all nearby foes are pulled towards them
Skill 2: Ranged AoE Lightning bolt
Skill 3: PBAoE that damages and gives 10 stacks of vulnerability to surrounding foes

Mace

Skill 1: 3 chained attack that damages -> damages -> damages + 2 second burning
Skill 2: Launch a projectile that leaves a trail of fire behind it.
Skill 3: Damages and dazes the target

Axe

Skill 1: 3 chained attack that causes bleeding on each strike
Skill 2: Three strikes that cause vulnerability on the target
Skill 3: Throw the axe to damage and bleed the target. If target is already bleeding then they become crippled as well.

Scepter

Skill 1: Fires a glob of alchemical gunk at target. Causes a random condition
Skill 2: Fires a jet of acid that damages and strips a target of a boon each second. Lasts for 5 seconds
Skill 3: Releases a cloud of alchemical fluid that gives each ally three random boons

Torch

Skill 4: Throw a sticky bomb at target. After 3 seconds it detonates causing burning and bleeding on target foe and surrounding foes
Skill 5: Leave pools of burning oil as you run. Foes who run over this are set on fire and fall over.

Focus

Skill 4: Throw an acid bomb at target. After 3 seconds it detonates causing weakness and poison on target foe and surrounding foes
Skill 5: Removes 3 conditions from yourself and transfers it to target foe

Warhorn

Skill 4: Damages foes and dazes them. If they are already dazed then they are knocked over
Skill 5: Cause a tremor in a line in front of you, crippling those it hits. If it hits a target that is already crippled then they are knocked over.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I think they also intend to give new skill-point skills, from this comment:
“Maybe you’ve unlocked every skill and know every trait, and have your legendary… what’s left? Well these new skills will keep you progressing without constantly inflating your power and making it impossible for others to catch up. Along with the new system, new ways and activities to earn skill points will be added and there won’t be some insane grind to obtain them.”

Why would they add more skill points without more skills to use them on?

in Engineer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Sometime between now and….well the end of year.

Personally I will just be happy with just a Hammer and perhaps Explosive arrows for SB or LB.

Hope they will bring it with next class patch.
Yeees sb or lb would be awesome! But a 2h Hammer is a must-have.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Engineer

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Not really speculation, but rather just an idea I had for a kit. Thoughts?

Saboteur’s Kit – Visual aspects of this kit would be a small, wrist mounted crossbow on the users arm, and a gas mask which would be similar in looks to the aquatic headpieces you wear underwater; in addition to some sort of belt/back item to help distinguish it as a kit.

Skill 1 : [Fire Wristbolt] : Fires out a volatile elixir bolt that deals minor damage on impact and marks the target with Explosive Charge. The charge detonates after 2 seconds, dealing damage to the target, and reduced damage to surrounding targets within a small radius. Explosive Charge can stack up to 3 times, but detonates separately. All Explosive Charge stacks are detonated if the target is effected by damage caused by Detonate Charge. [1/4s Cast] [20% Projectile Finisher]

Skill 2 : [Satchel Charge / Detonate Charge] : Place a satchel charge at target location that lingers for 3 minutes. After placing, the skill becomes Detonate Charge, allowing you to remotely explode the charge, dealing damage to enemies within the blast radius and crippling them for 2 seconds, in addition to detonating any Explosive Charge stacks on the target(s) instantly. Damage of the detonated charge is increased dependent on your distance away from the charge, catering heavily reduced damage if you’re within the blast radius. Damage values change at 200, 600, 900, and 1200+. Note : The satchel charge is not detonated by enemy contact. [3/4s Cast / 1/4s Cast] [15s Cooldown] [Blast Finisher]

Skill 3 : [Choking Gas] : Throw an explosive flask at target location, dealing a small amount of damage and creating a cloud of blinding noxious gas that lingers for 3 seconds. Targets in the effected area are blinded for 1 second and poisoned for 2 seconds per pulse. [20s Cooldown] [Combo Field : Smoke]

Skill 4 : [Evasive Maneuver] : Leap backwards, evading attacks for 3/4s and granting yourself 5 seconds of Vigor. [25s Cooldown]

Skill 5 : [S.H.R.O.U.D.] : Activate your S.H.R.O.U.D gadget, granting swiftness and stealth to you and surrounding allies for 3 seconds. [45s Cooldown] Note : S.H.R.O.U.D. stands for Shadow Harnessing Reconnaissance Operation User Device.

Toolbelt Skill : [Bolt Volley] : Rapidly fire a flurry of bolts from your wristbow, dealing damage and marking targets hit with Explosive Charge. [Number of Projectiles: 6] [1 1/2s Cast] [45s Cooldown]

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Not really speculation, but rather just an idea I had for a kit. Thoughts?

Saboteur’s Kit – Visual aspects of this kit would be a small, wrist mounted crossbow on the users arm, and a gas mask which would be similar in looks to the aquatic headpieces you wear underwater; in addition to some sort of belt/back item to help distinguish it as a kit.

Skill 1 : [Fire Wristbolt] : Fires out a volatile elixir bolt that deals minor damage on impact and marks the target with Explosive Charge. The charge detonates after 2 seconds, dealing damage to the target, and reduced damage to surrounding targets within a small radius. Explosive Charge can stack up to 3 times, but detonates separately. All Explosive Charge stacks are detonated if the target is effected by damage caused by Detonate Charge. [1/4s Cast] [20% Projectile Finisher]

Skill 2 : [Satchel Charge / Detonate Charge] : Place a satchel charge at target location that lingers for 3 minutes. After placing, the skill becomes Detonate Charge, allowing you to remotely explode the charge, dealing damage to enemies within the blast radius and crippling them for 2 seconds, in addition to detonating any Explosive Charge stacks on the target(s) instantly. Damage of the detonated charge is increased dependent on your distance away from the charge, catering heavily reduced damage if you’re within the blast radius. Damage values change at 200, 600, 900, and 1200+. Note : The satchel charge is not detonated by enemy contact. [3/4s Cast / 1/4s Cast] [15s Cooldown] [Blast Finisher]

Skill 3 : [Choking Gas] : Throw an explosive flask at target location, dealing a small amount of damage and creating a cloud of blinding noxious gas that lingers for 3 seconds. Targets in the effected area are blinded for 1 second and poisoned for 2 seconds per pulse. [20s Cooldown] [Combo Field : Smoke]

Skill 4 : [Evasive Maneuver] : Leap backwards, evading attacks for 3/4s and granting yourself 5 seconds of Vigor. [25s Cooldown]

Skill 5 : [S.H.R.O.U.D.] : Activate your S.H.R.O.U.D gadget, granting swiftness and stealth to you and surrounding allies for 3 seconds. [45s Cooldown] Note : S.H.R.O.U.D. stands for Shadow Harnessing Reconnaissance Operation User Device.

Toolbelt Skill : [Bolt Volley] : Rapidly fire a flurry of bolts from your wristbow, dealing damage and marking targets hit with Explosive Charge. [Number of Projectiles: 6] [1 1/2s Cast] [45s Cooldown]

I like this.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

I vote for chain saw kit for melee damage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And taits for it in toughness!
Just imagine how u rush into the zerg and heads are flying arround)
Yes…one brute force kit that what we need)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

I just want hammers first, asap.

Stand back Everyone,
Nothin here to see
Just imminent danger
In the middle of it, me

Yes Captain Hammer’s here
Hair Blowing in the Breeze
The day needs my saving expertise

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

You guys have some pretty grand ideas, but I think for the sake of balance, we’re not going to see any sweeping changes in any of these additions. I see most skills addressing issues the class currently has: the lack of Stability, for example.

While the idea of a frost thrower is nice, and definitely possible given its existence already in the game as a consumable related to a renown heart in Mount Maelstrom (not to mention that boss in CM), I think they should take the time to re-enforce existing builds and addressing any weaknesses rather than just going to town and throwing everything out the window.

I personally care a whole lot more about the Engineer getting access to more weapons than I do having newer utilities. Having a Hammer would be a lot of fun.

Oh—and “acronym” and “acrostic” are not necessarily mutually exclusive terms. There is some pretty significant overlap between concepts, as is usual with most linguistic definitions of language. “GOLEM” could be considered both, though I realize it’s more fun being divisive with each other.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I’d like to see some trait/skill additions that give Engi a better place in WvW beyond roaming. I think they are already solid in Spvp and PVE.

Though that is probably a bit much to ask. In terms of simple additions, I’d like to see a decent elite. When compared to other elites in the game, like plague/lich form, the engi elites really suck.

in Engineer

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

What about Construction Kit?

1. Rapid Nail Gun – Inflicts bleeding. Every nail stays for 5 seconds.
2. Throw Cement Powder. Inflicts blindness in the area. (New combo field: Cement. Works well with water skills)
3. Drop Hard Helmets – Grants Aegis to surrounding allies.
4. Drink Gatorade – Removes 2 conditions and refills endurance.
5. Hammer Smash. – The more nails are stacked from auto-attack, the more you’re screwed. No pun intended.

Toolbelt
Untraited: Drop Eiffel Tower.
Traited: Drop PetronasTowers – Cripples.

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

(edited by yanchoy.9176)

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

IMO we’ll be getting a portal skill. It was mentioned a wwwhhhiiillleeeee ago that mesmers wouldn’t be the only class with a portal. Seems like eng would be the most logical choice for another class with the portal gun consumables.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

IMO we’ll be getting a portal skill. It was mentioned a wwwhhhiiillleeeee ago that mesmers wouldn’t be the only class with a portal. Seems like eng would be the most logical choice for another class with the portal gun consumables.

I could go for some kind of a portal skill. As long as it isn’t a poor man’s version of the Mesmer skill. It needs to be just as useful if not more so, and it needs to have no RNG whatsoever involved with it.

On that topic, I still need more of the rng removed from engi abilities. You aren’t really useful to a wvw group if your abilities are rng based. When the commander calls for something, you need to be able to reliably use it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I could go for some kind of a portal skill. As long as it isn’t a poor man’s version of the Mesmer skill. It needs to be just as useful if not more so, and it needs to have no RNG whatsoever involved with it.

On that topic, I still need more of the rng removed from engi abilities. You aren’t really useful to a wvw group if your abilities are rng based. When the commander calls for something, you need to be able to reliably use it.

Inb4 50% chance to portal you to Southsun >.<

I don’t mind the RNG when it’s all doing the same basic thing. Some of our abilities still don’t adhere to that as well as they should though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Better yet Aberrant, 50% chance to insta-gib yourself. Leave it to an Engineer to forget to open the Iris on a Stargate. ):

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Engineer

Posted by: Boererik.3459

Boererik.3459

We need another mainhand weapon, since we can only use pistol.

Shield:

1. (chain) bash, bash, stun (0,5 sec)
  2. (gapcloser) Engi throwes his shield on the ground, jumps on it and glide to the target.
  3. knockdown

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I’ve thought about something that could be an engineer’s version of a signet.
We could call them “Gizmo” (yes, i know that it is too similar to the gadgets, but i couldn’t come with a better term). Basically, items that an engineer would put on and that would give passive effects – eventually with drawbacks associated.
They would have no cooldown, but high enough cast times and any attack would interrupt them – basically this would avoid being able to toggle them on and off at will while engaged in active combat, so that the drawbacks are actually relevant.
Let’s go with an actual example.

Utility:Iron Boots 3s cast time
Grants (level*1) toughness, Cripple and Defiant – one stack
Toolbelt:Magnetic Force 60s
Pulls enemy to your location (600 range) and deals some (low) damage.

Basically, like the monsters with that ability, you would block a CC skill, be vulnerable to another one, block one and so on. The drawback is that you would be crippled while this skill is active – so the mobility would be severely limited. The toolbelt would help circumvent the drawback…but due to the high cooldown, it would be used every now or then.
I can’t say if a similar ability would be balanced, but it is just an example about the concept.

in Engineer

lunyboy.8672

While the idea of a frost thrower is nice, and definitely possible given its existence already in the game as a consumable related to a renown heart in Mount Maelstrom (not to mention that boss in CM), I think they should take the time to re-enforce existing builds and addressing any weaknesses rather than just going to town and throwing everything out the window.

Wait… what? The only freeze consumable that I have heard of is the frozen keg thing, where is this gun?

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Making all weapons accessible to all professions… This sounds like a dream.

Now if they give Engineers the ability to wield Greatswords I won’t have to keep begging and praying for the Chainsaw Kit.

This pleases me.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: Vaught.5198

Vaught.5198

the super nail gun from quake please….. please.

in Engineer

Posted by: ramblock.3017

ramblock.3017

Engineer new skill/weapon:

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Making all weapons accessible to all professions… This sounds like a dream.

Now if they give Engineers the ability to wield Greatswords I won’t have to keep begging and praying for the Chainsaw Kit.

This pleases me.

My thoughts exactly.
Give me greatsword!

in Engineer

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Every wep is gonna make professions somewhat more pointless, part of the uniqueness of professions was the weapons they used, do I think most professions could use 2-3 more weps? Absolutely and I look forward to engi with hammer very much…but staff or scepter don’t belong on engis at all akin to a rifle not being with ele or necro

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Engineer

Grimwolf.7163

Because a Thief and a Ranger each using a Shortbow are so similar?

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

well hammers make perfect sense for an engineer… what self respecting engineer doesnt know how to bash something with a hammer to repair it?! or for that matter use one to demolish stuff…

anyway id say upgrade the mortar to a tank… insead of sitting around getting about 1 shot off before having an entire horde of enemys on top of you… just tank it so it can move and… tank stuff? maybe add a turret seat for an ally on top

in Engineer

Grimwolf.7163

Or they could make it an ordinary no-recharge kit you can swap in and out that simply immobilizes you while active. The current power its capable of would certainly warrant that. Maybe up the recharge on the actual attacks a bit to compensate.

in Engineer

Posted by: Equinox.1025

Equinox.1025

haha mini-tank 30s elite (180s recharge) like necro transformations would be fun XD

why no convert mortar to bazuca, get a mobility good elite dps, like fire/GS ele elite skill?

(edited by Equinox.1025)

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

WTB Gatling Gun Kit, Sniper Kit and/or Tank elite skill…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A tool kit…

And yes I know, but I want a tool kit where we actually USE THE TOOLS AS TOOLS instead of using them for thuggish face smashing. I would love for example, if each toolkit ability could grant boons to your turrets, or even set up a turret, or do anything that doesn’t look ripped off from Casey Jones!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

A tool kit…

And yes I know, but I want a tool kit where we actually USE THE TOOLS AS TOOLS instead of using them for thuggish face smashing. I would love for example, if each toolkit ability could grant boons to your turrets, or anything that doesn’t look ripped off from Casey Jones.

Id rather our current toolkit just get a trait that does this

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A tool kit…

And yes I know, but I want a tool kit where we actually USE THE TOOLS AS TOOLS instead of using them for thuggish face smashing. I would love for example, if each toolkit ability could grant boons to your turrets, or anything that doesn’t look ripped off from Casey Jones.

Id rather our current toolkit just get a trait that does this

I’d be okay with that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Better yet Aberrant, 50% chance to insta-gib yourself. Leave it to an Engineer to forget to open the Iris on a Stargate. ):

I think they’ll nail us with RNG and make our portal an entrance only, which ports us to a random location within 600-900 range. Hopefully they’ll be nice enough to make sure that doesn’t port us off a cliff. I can see us using that portal that we set up as an escape…only to materialize 200ft above a sheer drop, looking down like Wile E. Coyote. Complete with a little sign we hold up that says “yelp!”

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)