Still grenade spec or GTFO...

in Engineer

Posted by: oceansofmars.6894

oceansofmars.6894

The people making these changes obviously don’t even play the game. Thieves are still killing within seconds and the only viable spec is still grenades for engineers.

Hire new staff.

Aradia Nightshade – IoJ

in Engineer

Posted by: Bogpad.2185

Bogpad.2185

maybe a first step would be “hire more staff” if it really is true that only 2 (TWO) people work on profession fixes/balances…
maybe as of now its only one left, I guess anet will not be happy about jon letting that info slip out into the community lol

in Engineer

Posted by: Chicken.7913

Chicken.7913

Hire more staff.

Fixed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

On a related note though is it just me or did grenade range get longer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Chicken.7913

Chicken.7913

No, but the effect of the “Grenadier” trait also affects Grenade Barrage now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/My-whole-build-got-nerfed

My thread I made. But I’m not sure how viable grenades are until I test them. The one thing I do know is that they nerfed everything my build encompassed. So if I do continue to use grenades, I will have to have a completely new build centered around them

in Engineer

Posted by: Bogpad.2185

Bogpad.2185

No, but the effect of the “Grenadier” trait also affects Grenade Barrage now.

thats actually the only good thing I have read about so far, and I guess it most likly is a bug that will be fixed by tomorrow lol

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I disagree with the title. I ran almost nothing but Tool Kit for the last 4 hours in WvW and it was amazing. The new pull almost makes me feel OP.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The people making these changes obviously don’t even play the game. Thieves are still killing within seconds and the only viable spec is still grenades for engineers.

Hire new staff.

HA actually the only viable spec is rifles. Grenades #1 still don’t tab target and repeat. I use Rune of Rage, the green pot, and the rocket launcher or netturret to keep mobs away. It’s really the only one worth it in pve. Pistol/shield when farming in Orr so I hit multiples.

But I too do not believe a single person who test plays this class over there is paying attention.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: havoc.8569

havoc.8569

Are you guys trying to get grenades nerfed? Just tell them to fix everything else. But yeah, such disappointing class changes all around. Made worse by giving us false hope with that “30 bullet points ERMAHGAWD!!!!”

BTW does anyone understand why they nerfed grenade damage by 10% only in PvP? Isn’t that just sPvP? Since when do engineers use grenades in sPvP? Seems like a great way to do no damage and die.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Are you guys trying to get grenades nerfed? Just tell them to fix everything else. But yeah, such disappointing class changes all around. Made worse by giving us false hope with that “30 bullet points ERMAHGAWD!!!!”

BTW does anyone understand why they nerfed grenade damage by 10% only in PvP? Isn’t that just sPvP? Since when do engineers use grenades in sPvP? Seems like a great way to do no damage and die.

Rifle and Grenade Kit, our highest burst combo. Honestly haven’t even noticed the difference.

in Engineer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I disagree with the title. I ran almost nothing but Tool Kit for the last 4 hours in WvW and it was amazing. The new pull almost makes me feel OP.

You’re now capable of doing something other classes in the game could do all ready and it makes you feel OP. Do you comprehend the level of disparity between engineers and other classes now?

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

Do you comprehend the level of disparity between engineers and other classes now?

No, but then I’ve been pretty good at playing this class for a while.

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Bombs are generally better against thieves in my experience as you can force zone them. Grenades do too much single target damage in PvE (they are supposed to be an AoE weapon) but why they nerfed their SPvP capability is beyond me, only time you can use grenades in SPvP is when you have your target immobilized.

But yes, ArenaNet needs to hire some new class balance, or at least bug fixing devs, AND make at least one of them play an engineer a few times a week.

Its blatantly obvious neither of them play this class, almost all of the fixes in this patch are completely irrelevant to the majority of engineers, and none of the meaningful things have been mentioned let alone fixed.

Oh and ANet, if you do read this post don’t think I’m asking for a grenade PvE nerf and calling it a day either, if you do nerf grenades give us another source of single target dps thanks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

play mesmer, theif, gaurdian, etc. everyone has pulls.

in Engineer

Posted by: Preacher.4836

Preacher.4836

Support Engi’s were running Grenades because they could sit away from the point, but lay down a crazy amount of aoe damage.

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

in Engineer

Posted by: Brinson.7289

Brinson.7289

2 words + 1 number and 1 more word: Fire Grab – 3k damage

I’m a bunker Engi with 2k toughness and I was like “wtf?” And the Elementist was like "bbq! "

\-\ Poquito (Engineer) /-/ Tarnished Coast
Not Sure If Serious [BZNZ] ||| Cynical [CYN]

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

As did we, now it just has an extremely useful range.

in Engineer

Posted by: MyR.5028

MyR.5028

maybe a first step would be “hire more staff” if it really is true that only 2 (TWO) people work on profession fixes/balances…
maybe as of now its only one left, I guess anet will not be happy about jon letting that info slip out into the community lol

Well, if there are only two people fixing/balancing profession related stuff, then one of them must have added stats to elementalist weapons, while the other one did all the engineer “fixes”.
And that would mean that the only two people who balance classes do not talk to each other.

in Engineer

Posted by: Agnom.4786

Agnom.4786

Well, if there are only two people fixing/balancing profession related stuff, then one of them must have added stats to elementalist weapons, while the other one did all the engineer “fixes”.
And that would mean that the only two people who balance classes do not talk to each other.

I actually managed to procure a photograph of the class balance devs when they were done with the engineer buffing…

http://goo.gl/dmvNg

in Engineer

Posted by: John T Hall.3574

John T Hall.3574

I have to admit, the Engineer seems horribly underpowered compared to the other classes.
There is no glass cannon, I can only do about 1k per crit if I am lucky. I have been 3-5k rolling across my screen from Ele’s or warriors. Thieves gank everything, when you get them close to death they stealth and run away, and you can’t catch them. Rifle engi’s need more power to them, a sword doing 5x the damage of a rifle? Not really balanced. The fact that the grenades have more range than rifles do doesn’t really make any sense, and I keep finding consistently bugs that ruins game play.
For instance, Jump shot would be viable if I didn’t glitch half across the map then magically teleport back to where I jumped, and it would be better if I didn’t dangle in the air for 3-4 seconds before landing, only to find my target has run away.
Also, my rifle bullets get magically obstructed in the middle of a field. I tested this with a friend, about 23% of the shots I shot at him, while in an open field, were randomly obstructed.
They really should do something about these bugs, I really wouldn’t care if they had to make the rifle bullets explode instead of piercing.

in Engineer

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Grenade Kit isn’t the only viable spec.
Rifles, Multi-kit, and a few other builds have some merit.

Grenade Kit is however still the best in terms of range and damage output.
That’s why people always think it’s best.

That’s still a bad thing, but it’s not as severe as being “the only viable” build.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Engineer

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

Capricorn.

Raid on the Capricorn: Reduced the number of sharks from 10 to 6. They should no longer cover the Ruins capture point.

I felt that bombs were the better s/tPvP kit before the nerf, and the change only reinforces that (even with the smoke bomb nerf).

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Grenades are still great in PvP, but not exclusively – you use them for melee encounters (after you’ve blown your bombs – I use bomb kit mainly to aid in point captures and help fight off thieves) and for killing people off the point while capping it.

Oh, and barrage is still insanely strong burst. Net shot or overcharged into that = ow.

in Engineer

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

two people IN CHARGE OF changes != two people total.

get your facts right.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Scuse me but the history clearly shows that before they started to separate the behavior and thus the actual damage between the pve and pvp of the same skills they originally made a nerf to grenades for the purpose of balancing it for pvp but which took away it’s damage ratios from pve, and that’s part of the problem, they also nerfed the damage for bleeding and poison on engineers. Ever compared the damage between a thief and an engi in the same cond with the same gear in pve? I have. Each tick for a thief is 20% stronger for both poison and bleeding on thieves. Burning is the only viable damage type for conds for engis and even that doesn’t scale properly with building for it.

Seriously run the numbers they aren’t hard to follow they are little white numbers springing out of the heads of your enemies. The thing I noticed is while i was building my thief for burst damage output, my cond damage was higher on her then my cond built engineer. Yeah explain that one. I couldn’t either unless they never fixed the damage ratio for cond on engineers from the very first post launch nerf that was whined for by the spvp community against engineers.

Now they have the added problems of missing explosives, the newest bug is they reduced the explosive radius of bombs so much that when you choose the forceful explosives trait you have to be right inside the enemy in pve for the bomb to hit. It’s most noticeable underwater because you can see the range so much easier there.

It’s really ridiculous they expect people to play a broken class I hope for their sake they fix these things in the next patch. They’ll be losing more customers if not.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!