[Suggestion] Proposed balancing changes

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hey Everybody!

For here I declare a thread to post your balancing changes. This thread is for smaller changes, for things like casting time and damage coëfficiënt.

I will start myself over here:

Twhack (Toolkit):
Give this skill a cleaving ability.

Throw Mine:
Reduce the cast time to 1/4s.

Mines (In any kind of form)
Explode when placed under enemies, even if they do not move.

Gadgeteer:
Increades boon duration.

Mine Field:
Halve Cast time

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

(edited by The V.8759)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryethiel.2637

Ryethiel.2637

Alright, I’ll join the fantasy and pretend that Anet will listen.

Focusing on the Flamethower.

Flamethrower

• Flame Jet: Range increased to 500. 10% increase in damage. 2s of Burning at range 0-300. 1s of burning at range 300-500.
  • Flame Blast: Now applies 5s of Burning. (<- Nevermind, too OP)
  • Detonate Flame Blast: Unchanged. (No burning when detonated.)
  • Air Blast: Unchanged.
  • Napalm: Cooldown reduced to 25s. Now a circular field, Identical to Throw Napalm
  • Smoke Vent: 2s of Smoke Field.

Is it useful, now? :P

(edited by Ryethiel.2637)

in Engineer

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

That is op now:)

no1 is doing ok damage now. With more range, more damage and more burning it would be op. Pick one.
no2 5s burning on a 4s skill? Sounds a little bit unbalanced. Personally I’m quite ok with the current flame blast status.

no5 That would be truly nice.

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

(edited by nihasa.5067)

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Throw Mine:
Reduce the recharge rate to 1/4s.

Wat? 1/4s cooldown?
On topic:
It would be cool if they removed the rng part of many skills. Just make the equivalent of elemental glyphs. Since many key effects are dual(elixir u toolbelt, elixir x) they could just make one effect trigger when you have a kit on and the other when you have your main weapon out. Shouldn’t be hard to implement and a major quality of life improvement.

Kit refinement is a very interesting trait that needs some rework. No, I don’t mean bring back grenade barrage. Just tweak it a bit because it’s useless now but has great potential.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Twhack (Toolkit):
Give this skill a cleaving ability.

Totally support this. The damage of this chain isn’t that high anyway. However I’d also suggest to reduce the cast time of this skill too a bit.

Throw Mine:
Reduce the recharge rate to 1/4s.

You really mean we chould throw a mine every 1/4 sec? Dude wtf?!

Mines (In any kind of form)
Explode when placed under enemies, even if they do not move.

This. This is the main reason why BD isn’t really viable, compared to MA.

Gadgeteer:
Increades boon duration.

Why not? Yet it’s not really neccessary.

Mine Field:
No casting time.

• Reducing cast time by 50%. No cast time? No.
Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Engineer

Ryethiel.2637

That is op now:)

no1 is doing ok damage now. With more range, more damage and more burning it would be op. Pick one.
no2 5s burning on a 4s skill? Sounds a little bit unbalanced. Personally I’m quite ok with the current flame blast status.

no5 That would be truly nice.

Meh, the Flame Blast is seriously lacking, if you don’t detonate it. It’s less damage than a single Rifle AA… Maybe 3s? (Oh, and even when Traited, it’s closer to 5s)

The burning could compliment the Flame Jet, since the Flame Jet does bonus damage to burning targets… But even with that, it would still probably be better to just detonate. :P

But what’s the point? This is all just fantasy.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

The flame blast isn’t lacking IF you blow it up, wich you are supposed to do. You also seem to forget that it’s a 6 (!) sec cd blast finisher, wich generates great passive damage. Don’t judge just for damage and cast time. It’s a good skill.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Engineer

Ryethiel.2637

The flame blast isn’t lacking IF you blow it up, wich you are supposed to do. You also seem to forget that it’s a 6 (!) sec cd blast finisher, wich generates great passive damage. Don’t judge just for damage and cast time. It’s a good skill.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a fantastically amazing skill. I was just pointing out that there’s absolutely no reason to not detonate it…

Perhaps that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but more options are always neat?

I never suggested that the entire skill is lacking. :P

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Oh my bad – I’m sorry then xD But yea I now understand what you mean. Maybe the skill is stronger against many many enemies in a line, but it’s so slow and clumsy, it’s probably not woth not exploding it. Good point.

in Engineer

Posted by: Explosia.9164

Explosia.9164

QoL Improvements

Magnet – Fix this skills bugs. Make it work all the time. Enemies stop at midway or just fly to clouds. Or just move but they look like they didn’t move at all. So many bugs already.
Mine Field – Decrease the gap between the mines and user. Sometimes they go too far even with “forceful explosives” trait its hard to hit point blank enemies.
Thwack – Make it 0.75 cast time just like you did to warrior’s mace attack.
Elixir X – If you use it during day time you become Rampage, at night time Tornado.
Incendiary Power – When this trait is availible, make users hands glow. When enemies dodge while this trait is active, trait goes cooldown.
Static Discharge – Now works correctly with every single toolbelt skill. Right now this trait doesn’t work right with almost half of toolbelt skills. Click for more information

WvW Related Changes

Throw Mine – Now it removes 2 boons. Increase the cooldown to 25 seconds.
Glue Bomb – Increase the duration to 5 seconds.
Juggernaut – Removed toughness bonus. Retaliation now hits %50 less damage.
Flame Jet – Hits 5 times instead of 10 times. No longer bonus damage for burning enemies.
Toss Elixir B – Stability duration increased to 5 seconds. Radius increased to 240.
Bunker Down – Removes boon when exploded. Cooldown increased to 4-8 seconds.
Elixir-Infused Bombs – Increase healing power scale to 0.20
Healing Mist – Increase the radius to 480.

Improvement for Under Performing Skills

Napalm – People who cross the line will get burned for 6 seconds. Or stays the same but applies 2 seconds of burning every tick.
Tranquilizer Dart – Reduce cast time to 1/2 seconds. No longer combo finisher.
Elixir F – Now combo finisher: projectile %100 chance. Increased cripple duration to 5 seconds. Removes swiftness bonus. Increased the cooldown to 15 seconds.
Enhance Performance – Increase might duration to 20 seconds. Increase cooldown to 15 seconds.
Modified Ammunition – Increase the damage bonus to %3.
Automated Response – Duration decrased to %75. Now activates at %25hp just like before.
Gadgeteer – Increase some boon durations by %50.

I know listed so many things. I do not expect all of them to happen. I just wanted to give a point of view if you wanted to change things, you can do it like this. I tried to make small changes to push forward the real reason to use those skills. Especially for wvw related changes.

I want Anet to give us a chance to be wanted in WvW groups. We have some good things already but we need a kick starter. In WvW we lack a certain role in fights. I gave you 3 possible ways for helping us about that. With flamethrower changes, we become finally availible to use that kit in large fights. With mine changes we will have a better way to strip boons from enemies which will make us more wanted. I know necromancers can do that better but with all other things we bring, we can be really good overall. Like supporting with heals and boons. The elixir changes are there for this very reason. We can be really handy by giving stability and constant heals via bombs. Also if you look at these(wvw) changes, you can see none of these changes actually gives us any advantage for pvp and pve. Thats why I really wish you to just see this post and give it a shot.

(edited by Explosia.9164)

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

QoL Improvements

Magnet – Fix this skills bugs. Make it work all the time. Enemies stop at midway or just fly to clouds. Or just move but they look like they didn’t move at all. So many bugs already.
Mine Field – Decrease the gap between the mines and user. Sometimes they go too far even with “forceful explosives” trait its hard to hit point blank enemies.
Thwack – Make it 0.75 cast time just like you did to warrior’s mace attack.
Elixir X – If you use it during day time you become Rampage, at night time Tornado.
Incendiary Power – When this trait is availible, make users hands glow. When enemies dodge while this trait is active, trait goes cooldown.
Static Discharge – Now works correctly with every single toolbelt skill. Right now this trait doesn’t work right with almost half of toolbelt skills. Click for more information

WvW Related Changes

Throw Mine – Now it removes 2 boons. Increase the cooldown to 25 seconds.
Glue Bomb – Increase the duration to 5 seconds.
Juggernaut – Removed toughness bonus. Retaliation now hits %50 less damage.
Flame Jet – Hits 5 times instead of 10 times. No longer bonus damage for burning enemies.
Toss Elixir B – Stability duration increased to 5 seconds. Radius increased to 240.
Bunker Down – Removes boon when exploded. Cooldown increased to 4-8 seconds.
Elixir-Infused Bombs – Increase healing power scale to 0.20
Healing Mist – Increase the radius to 480.

Improvement for Under Performing Skills

Napalm – People who cross the line will get burned for 6 seconds. Or stays the same but applies 2 seconds of burning every tick.
Tranquilizer Dart – Reduce cast time to 1/2 seconds. No longer combo finisher.
Elixir F – Now combo finisher: projectile %100 chance. Increased cripple duration to 5 seconds. Removes swiftness bonus. Increased the cooldown to 15 seconds.
Enhance Performance – Increase might duration to 20 seconds. Increase cooldown to 15 seconds.
Modified Ammunition – Increase the damage bonus to %3.
Automated Response – Duration decrased to %75. Now activates at %25hp just like before.
Gadgeteer – Increase some boon durations by %50.

I know listed so many things. I do not expect all of them to happen. I just wanted to give a point of view if you wanted to change things, you can do it like this. I tried to make small changes to push forward the real reason to use those skills. Especially for wvw related changes.

I want Anet to give us a chance to be wanted in WvW groups. We have some good things already but we need a kick starter. In WvW we lack a certain role in fights. I gave you 3 possible ways for helping us about that. With flamethrower changes, we become finally availible to use that kit in large fights. With mine changes we will have a better way to strip boons from enemies which will make us more wanted. I know necromancers can do that better but with all other things we bring, we can be really good overall. Like supporting with heals and boons. The elixir changes are there for this very reason. We can be really handy by giving stability and constant heals via bombs. Also if you look at these(wvw) changes, you can see none of these changes actually gives us any advantage for pvp and pve. Thats why I really wish you to just see this post and give it a shot.

Sounds kinda basic to say, but I aggree with all

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I’ve been looking forward to a “melee” build with toolkit, yet even with the new 10% damage increase of Power Wrench, it doesn’t really seem to compare to a real melee weapon.

I think switching Power Wrench to increase attack speed with Toolkit attacks by 10% instead of 10% more damage would help to overcome the wrench’s primary drawback (it’s slow). Faster attack speed = more on hit/crit triggers, and an easier time hitting moving targets.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Bombs and Mines to have the range without the need for Forceful Explosions to the radius of the standard 2 handed sword rather than the size of a small level 5 dagger.

Mine Field to actually be dropped in the same pattern every time in front of the engineer so that there’s enough consistancy to know where to trap enemies when chasing you. Also, they need to be fixed so that they have the same trigger size as most other traps on any other untraited classes in the game.

Damage increase on traits for certain weapons should improve condition damage output especially for weapons that are specifically designed to be condition builders like #5 grenades, #2 bomb, #3 EG, #3 rifle.

Allow a much larger crit bonus on conditions when they burst so that their crits actually matter.

Remove conditions from normal attacks in every other spec save for healing and condition so that the only time players can get the bonus of conditions are if they actually max out their trait lines either in healing or in condition builds removing unecessary stacks of conditions in the open world from classes that are zerker or power built.

Make pets and summons globally as defensive as the player himself, allowing bonuses to toughness and vitality to translate to the pet/summon so pet heavy classes can become viable again in PVE.

Give runes/traps/turret pickup all universal CDs so that there’s consistency across the board. (no more 32 second cooldown on thumper while my trap ranger can put out burn zones over and over again within seconds or my wellwizard necro can put out regen/blood fields over and over again without end.)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Ryethiel.2637

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a fantastically amazing skill. I was just pointing out that there’s absolutely no reason to not detonate it…

You know what, I actually just made an interesting discovery… The projectile for Flame Blast doesn’t get destroyed upon contact, like I thought it did. This means you can let it pass through an enemy, THEN detonate it, for maximum damage… Of course, it’s often pretty kitten tricky to time.

Thing is, with that, I guess it would be OP to add burn to the Projectile. Since then, you’d be able to get that, as well as the detonate damage.

WvW Related Changes

I’m having a little trouble understanding this…. A NERF for the Flame Jet? (No more bonus damage for burning.)

I mean… The whole less susceptible to Retaliation is nice, but does that honestly warrant a nerf to an already not so strong attack, to compensate?

in Engineer

Explosia.9164

WvW Related Changes

I’m having a little trouble understanding this…. A NERF for the Flame Jet? (No more bonus damage for burning.)

I mean… The whole less susceptible to Retaliation is nice, but does that honestly warrant a nerf to an already not so strong attack, to compensate?

With juggernaut trait change and this one, we will finally be able to use flamethrower in zergs. And for the balances sake, it should come with a price.

in Engineer

Ryethiel.2637

WvW Related Changes

With juggernaut trait change and this one, we will finally be able to use flamethrower in zergs. And for the balances sake, it should come with a price.

Yes, that would be fair for WvWvW. But what about PvE?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

WvW Related Changes

The only advantage Flame Jet has over grenades in PvE is that it hits more times. If you take that away, why would anyone use it at all?

in Engineer

Explosia.9164

WvW Related Changes

The only advantage Flame Jet has over grenades in PvE is that it hits more times. If you take that away, why would anyone use it at all?

For the same reason they used it before buffs, its a fun weapon kit. Dps wise bombs are the best and for vulnerability grenades are. If you use flamethrower as your main source of damage you will do worse than those anyway. But it is still useful in dungeons and there is no punishment to its user. But if you ever try to use it in wvw, you will get slapped by retaliation. There is absolutely no chance to use flamethrower in there just because of this reason. You will kill yourself in seconds if you use auto attack in fights.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

WvW Related Changes

For the same reason they used it before buffs, its a fun weapon kit. Dps wise bombs are the best and for vulnerability grenades are. If you use flamethrower as your main source of damage you will do worse than those anyway. But it is still useful in dungeons and there is no punishment to its user. But if you ever try to use it in wvw, you will get slapped by retaliation. There is absolutely no chance to use flamethrower in there just because of this reason. You will kill yourself in seconds if you use auto attack in fights.

I don’t think you can balance a skill over ‘fun’.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I want a trait similar to elixir infused bombs, for each of the other kits. So that will give all of my skills on all of my other kits a 275 heal with each hit I land.

I wouldn’t complain if it healed 4-5 allies as elixir infused bombs trait does now as well.