The New Meta for WvW

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah man, I do agree that when I played my demented version of confusion, I would laught at thief 22222’ing.

Also do wonder if you cover confusion with random condition when fighting an Elementalist. They die pretty fast. :P

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

As I suggest before here is why Condition Duration is superior to Condition Damage:

Let’s use burn damage/duration for example:
If your Condi dmg/50% cd you might have 100 more burn damage. That’s equal to 400 condition dmg. We’ll use 700 burn damage as the base of the 100% duration build. So the Condi dmg/50% cd has 800 burn damage. So for example:

Condi dmg/50% cd
1sec: 100+
2sec: 100+
3sec: 100+
4sec: zero

100% Condition Duration:
1sec: 0+ (base/standard)
2sec: 0+ (base/standard)
3sec: 0+ (base/standard)
4sec: 700

With no condition removal the condition duration does 400 more damage per stack of burn.

Know lets throw some probabilities in that a person has condition removal:
Condi dmg/50% cd
1sec: 100+ @ 5% removal chance = 95
2sec: 100+ @ 20% removal chance = 80
3sec: 100+ @ 40% removal chance = 60
4sec: zero

Extra damage = 235

100% Condition Duration:
1sec: 0+ (base/standard)
2sec: 0+ (base/standard)
3sec: 0+ (base/standard)
4sec: 700+ @ 60% removal chance = 280

280 – 235 = 45 in favor of condition duration.

Edit: it would take about 66.5% condition removal chance to make them equal

Yes those are all hypothetical percentages, but I think they are more than lenient. Keep in mind that if an Engineer uses his magnet pull, prybar, blowtorch and it get’s removed the player is down their condition removal incase it procs by crit or frome static shot & etc. Then your looking at the top example of doing a lot more damage for just one stack.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

(edited by Goloith.6349)

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

@Kardiamond when fighting Elementalist I try stack: Bleeding, Posion (Vulnerbillity now form sitting duck), burning, Cripple (Cripple with 100% duration iskittenfun!!!) and Confusion!
So yeah, I try throw everything I have at them so try prevent them removing my confusion by just swapping to water :P (But never use double cooldwons, so if I use Blowtorch I won’t use Fire bomb before he remove the burning, if I hit a concusion bomb I won’t ptrybar before he remove ect)

But really good Elementalist using Eather heal or whatever it’s called (See Intigo) is still super hard to keep condition removal on, because they got soo much removal, but it can be done hehe

@Goloith good numbers, about the way I have been thinking it as well, just never done the numbers

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Oh god the best thing is Tornado though. Done this a couple a times against decap eles running tornado. Throw elixer s-stability and use prybar, concussion bomb and static shot. Instakills any ele since tornado procs confusion 3 times a second.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Blacky Sheaperd.8690

Blacky Sheaperd.8690

been running condition duration runes for a while now, gonna have to add in the “new” weapons to my kit.

i think we can all agree that watching a man on fire running from you only to die from the fire shortly later is a truly satisfying thing.

quick tip to those loving duration.

use incendiary ammo, and #4 pistol at close range to get a HUGE burn duration instantly, even with out bonus’s to burn/duration.
gotten well over 35+ seconds with just these 2 skills.

with tests, you can “one shot” all classes in the spvp zone with just that 2 skill combo. (that is if your running a high condition damage as well)

It’s beyond devastating in 1v1
ranged conditions, and CC.

Main and WVW wrecking machine~Shockroas.
80 farming warrior~Malora Steelfang.
maximum ganker~Sir Gangplank.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Oh god the best thing is Tornado though. Done this a couple a times against decap eles running tornado. Throw elixer s-stability and use prybar, concussion bomb and static shot. Instakills any ele since tornado procs confusion 3 times a second.

Oh my god… our class is so broken. Engineers man! the cond duration meta game is gonna be nuts for a bit. I have read the forums more than played today. Boy am I glad I decided to do that. I’ll miss elixir U>Elixir X melee mode, but this makes me respect the tornado more than just a “get off me” tactic.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

been running condition duration runes for a while now, gonna have to add in the “new” weapons to my kit.

i think we can all agree that watching a man on fire running from you only to die from the fire shortly later is a truly satisfying thing.

quick tip to those loving duration.

use incendiary ammo, and #4 pistol at close range to get a HUGE burn duration instantly, even with out bonus’s to burn/duration.
gotten well over 35+ seconds with just these 2 skills.

with tests, you can “one shot” all classes in the spvp zone with just that 2 skill combo. (that is if your running a high condition damage as well)

It’s beyond devastating in 1v1
ranged conditions, and CC.

If they have any condition removal you never want to stack durations like that. They’ll just cleans. If you are carrying incendiary ammo open up with that first. Once they cleanse it hit them with blowtorch

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

My my… last night’s WvW was probably the most fun I’ve had in a while. Close to a full stack of badges and a lot of “O_o” faces later I understand your advocacy of this particular strategy of gearing Goloith. So many of our opponents did not bring individual condition removal, but relied on proximity or well skills, and allowed me to rip apart their backline over and over.

I also tested Incendiary Ammo, and swapping out prolonger elixir trait for 409 when I had group Might (almost every fight saw 15-25 stacks, it was amazing). It’s almost unfair, and then you see the mesmers :P

In any case, thank you for sharing this build. It has several inherent weaknesses and I genuinely hope it won’t get sniped by the devs as a deviant-spec. This is like the perfect niche for the engineer which is less carpal-tunnel-inducing than grenades.

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

That’s exactly what I do if I’m faced with a big fight. Swap out toolkit for FT and duration for 409. Yes juggernaut is nice for the might stacking, but one should have plenty of might already.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Banumiel.1926

Banumiel.1926

Basically I can get over 2k condition damage at double the duration. Pretty sexy.

Sorry, but 2ks? those numbers don’t work, impossible without conditon runes

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Hopefully my -25% condition duration melandru runes work properly.

add in food for total -65% duration

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Basically I can get over 2k condition damage at double the duration. Pretty sexy.

It is possible with aoe might stacking to 25 etc but not something you have all the time

25 stacks of might = +875 power +875 condition damage

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I currently have to buy food just to counter the increased duration on condition.

The price will skyrocket!

I will prolly have to switch my rune for melandru now :S

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Oakwind.6187

It is possible with aoe might stacking to 25 etc but not something you have all the time

25 stacks of might = +875 power +875 condition damage

Seconding the above. This here is why HGH and all the other synergizing traits along with might stacking as a whole is so potent.

I play Engineer.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I currently have to buy food just to counter the increased duration on condition.

speaking of skyrocketing prices, those givers pistols were going for 10g yesterday. I should have stocked up before :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Ego.2358

Ego.2358

Has anyone tested 97% duration? I’d like to save 10 points out of explosives to keep coated bullets but the best setup i can find is sup lyssa, major lyssa, sup mad king.

Will the 3% cause me to miss ticks or will the game rounding take care of it, i saw a post on the necro forums about getting an extra tick of fear damage without a full extra second but i’m not sure about other conditions.

If i lose a tick i might drop the food and run more damage with boon duration and aim for 50% duration, would probably save me a fortune on pizza anyay.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Terror works a bit silly because the timing of the damage pulses are not consistent within the Fear durations. The damage does not tick precisely at the beginning and then one second later, it starts at some point after the Fear is applied based on your other ticking conditions I think.

There has been some testing that Bleeds will rollover some of their ticks to so that it mostly works out to an actually 97% damage increase, probably a little less since it rounds down rather then rounds up in this case. Poison stacks in duration, usually has a long duration, and isn’t exactly high in the damage so we aren’t concerned with Poison here. Confusion doesn’t tick for damage, so we don’t care about that 3% there either, although perhaps the rounding in the tooltip to quarter seconds may be meaningful? I wonder if in reality it’s rounded or uses as that decimal? Anyway, still it isn’t going to be a big deal.

The biggest problem is your Burns. Our Burns come in… 2 second chunks. It stacks in duration so it wouldn’t be too big a deal if you could maintain it, but Burns are so powerful they are balanced by not being able to be maintained. Especially with condi-removal present. You will lose a lot of Burn damage, and basically whenever the Burn condition expires off a target you will lose one tick of Burn damage.

So that’s the sacrifice. it’s up to you if you want it, as without real testing or math beyond that logic above I can’t tell you which one is better. Especially when it comes down being a build that you use, and not one that I use. Personal preference matters a lot more then most people would let you believe.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

speaking of skyrocketing prices, those givers pistols were going for 10g yesterday. I should have stocked up before :p

i bought 2 yesterday for 6.50 each and today they are as low as 5.77.im not even sure if any of the ones for 10g even sold since they are still listed.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Banumiel.1926

Banumiel.1926

@Goloith What do you think of sigil of doom in this build? Switching the tool kit is quasi-perma venom

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

@Banumiel

As much as I think poisons are under valued by players one has to keep in mind that on weapon swap sigils affect on crit sigils and Sigil of Earth is too good for condition builds. The highest recommended is sigil of battle for its weapon swaps.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Hee Haw.7164

Hee Haw.7164

I’ve really been enjoying this in WvW.

I tweaked it slightly, because I just can’t play WvW without Speedy Kits. I just…can’t. So I dropped 10 points from Firearms (giving up Infused Precision) to put into Tools. I lost a little precision and condition damage, but gained mobility, which seemed like a fair tradeoff for me.

I also tried two Superior Runes of Altruism (for 3 stacks of group might) instead of the Water runes. Not sure if I’ll stick with it, but it seems decent for now.

Anyway, thanks for posting.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

I’ve really been enjoying this in WvW.

I tweaked it slightly, because I just can’t play WvW without Speedy Kits. I just…can’t. So I dropped 10 points from Firearms (giving up Infused Precision) to put into Tools. I lost a little precision and condition damage, but gained mobility, which seemed like a fair tradeoff for me.

I also tried two Superior Runes of Altruism (for 3 stacks of group might) instead of the Water runes. Not sure if I’ll stick with it, but it seems decent for now.

Anyway, thanks for posting.

Tbh I really really like the idea of changing the last two runes. I think I might do this myself.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: wileman.2043

wileman.2043

I’m going to change some pieces around and try 50%. Seems easy enough now that they are fixed.

and 10 seconds confusion with 100%? that has to be stopped :p

I wouldn’t worry to much about us doing confusion, Mesmers can pack even more. People just need to have condition removal.Mask if you want you could go 15/15/10/30/00. I know you like that defensive stealth on immobilize.

P.S. if you want to try this out buy the rabid gear from the vendor if you have a ton of badges.

Nah, I’m sticking to my build , I just use pizza now and a giver’s weapon. swapped some stuff around, now using full carrion armor, and 2 rampager earrings instead of one. lost some toughness and power, got some vit and that 50% duration while still keeping my 70% boon duration.
so far it seems to work great.

and yes, I have the same issues with investing in condition duration, any decent group (or player) will have cleanses thrown around greatly reducing the potential damage. with giver’s weapons I can get 50% increase without really sacrificing anything, just some power.

Hey, How do you have 70% boon duration and 50% condition duration? what gear are you using? thanks

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

This all sounds so powerfull, I fear a nerf incoming for HGH condition builds…
Either the duration stacking, or HGH itself, or something else related to it will get some hits.

Not trying to be negative by the way, just trying to be realistic.
The complaints will start coming, and the last dev statements showed me that this is where they get their incentives from to nerf something.
In that one interview they almost admitted to nerfing 100nades because of ‘hear-say’. (that 24 k number was a very situational almost ideal optimal circumstances kind of number… not something 100naders saw all day. Yet a dev pulled it out as a real argument, bit frightening)

And if I see what you all are doing in both WvW as spvp with the condition stacking, I think a storm of complaints is swelling just outside of our coasts…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I don’t see why Pry Bar should get a nerf when Concussion Bomb does precisely the same thing with a circular AoE.

If anything, they’ll just tone down how good Confusion is in WvW, which is more what I think will happen, just as they have dealt with Quickness. It’s easier to make these kinds of balancing changes across the board than tweak individual skills.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Aside the doom and gloom thinking of my above post, I would like to add this:

I find it nearly impossible to come up with a build even half as viable as the whole condition HGH thing.
Static discharge is a close second, but it’s squishy wich is never my style.

The builds you guys are testing are not only very strong damage, they also have decent survivability with the elixirs and their traits.

I can not find another department of the engineer (gadgets, turrets, kits) that has the same well designed traits and utility as the elixirs have.
Where before it was ‘grenades or go home’ it now seems HGH or go home…

Every day I try out turret builds, multi-kit builds, gadgets usage… and it all just feels gimicky and weak compared to the builds linked here.

I never felt as ‘un-versatile’ as an engineer since I started playing

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

So many of our opponents did not bring individual condition removal, but relied on proximity or well skills, and allowed me to rip apart their backline over and over.

statements like this one get people nerfed, particularly since the point of zerg pvp is to rely on the group and not one’s self.

just a note of caution, let’s not laud the gift of giver’s to loud.

also …

I never felt as ‘un-versatile’ as an engineer since I started participating on the forums

… fixed.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I don’t know why people insist that HGH is a requirement.

I like using my elixirs when I need them, not when I need Might. Lately I’ve preferred just wielding Sigil of Strength if I need Might.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

I don’t know why people insist that HGH is a requirement.

I like using my elixirs when I need them, not when I need Might. Lately I’ve preferred just wielding Sigil of Strength if I need Might.

I’m talking about the builds most discussed here: most use HGH, most use conditions (a few power based HGH), almost all use elixirs except maybe SD.

These builds are very very simular, and mostly neglect the other things engineers are supposed to use in thier builds.

So for me it seems that the new meta for engineers are these builds, and all the others are novelty playthings not to be taken seriously.

I’m not knocking the mentioned builds at all, just saying I feel like I’m very limited in my choices these days.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Let me give an example: since the patch very skilled engineers have been testing turret builds.
So have I, but I don’t consider myself among those very skilled… just saying that I been testing too.

But seeing how easy turrets still die, and how they completely randomly and kittenedly pick targets, it is almost impossible to find a build that could be called a WvW build.

A solo roamer build, sure!
But in larger fights? Forget it.

Gadget build?
Is there even such a thing that isn’t meant to be a joke?

Multi-kit build?
Some, but any as decent as the builds mentioned in this thread? Unlikely.

And any VERSATILE build at all?
Never seen one. Even less now with the Super elixir nerf of kit refinement.

So that’s where my remarks are coming from.
For me the ‘meta’ is narrowing down for engineers, instead of expanding a bit.
If anything it has shifted from mostly grenades to p/p condition as base.

So I’m not trying to be an kitten here, just expressing my honest opinion.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I do often use the build being discussed in this thread. As I wrote on the first page:

P/P + Tool Kit + elixirs. 6/6 Rabid with Undead runes.

I’ll swap out Flamethrower for Tool Kit if I want badges like candy and rolling through a zerg.

I do not use Giver’s or Lyssa/Mad King/whatever the last one was. I do not use HGH. I do not use the Grenade Kit.

I run 10/30/0/30/0. Elixir B + Med Kit for Swiftness. Tool Kit for small skirmishes, Flamethrower for badge collecting. I’ve actually begun integrating the Bomb Kit into my rotation too, though my third utility slot is always Elixir S.

I actively swap in and out traits depending on what is needed. The nice thing about a 10/30/0/30/0 setup is that I can modify my build entirely around the Flamethrower with Juggernaut, Incendiary Powder, and Deadly Mixture or I can modify my build entirely around P/P with Blood Injection, Hair Trigger, Coated Bullets, and Rifled Barrels.

Versatility still exists with the Engineer as it always has. You just have to experiment.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

it’s a bit different, but not very much different Phineas.
1 or 2 elixirs, p/p and conditions…

It’s of course very nice that you adapt things to your playstyle, and I would never say you do it wrong.
But in the end I’m still waiting for a really different engineer build.

And versatile means ‘some support, decent survivability, decent but not strongest dps, etc…’
Not the fact that you change your build or traits or utilities between fights

My test build of today is a 2 turret – tool kit -med kit build, p/s
20/10/20/0/20 of all the weird things I could come up with…
It’s fun, that’s one important factor at least. It’s decent in locking your opponent down.
But it’s not as strong as the builds used here, nor is it real supportive, and I’m not sure yet how well you survive with it.

For big fights it’s crap, because of turrets… and tool kit being more single target anyhow.
Turrets need work for WvW, they really aren’t all that more usefull in big fights yet.
And the traits… the traits are scattered all over!

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I’m going to change some pieces around and try 50%. Seems easy enough now that they are fixed.

and 10 seconds confusion with 100%? that has to be stopped :p

I wouldn’t worry to much about us doing confusion, Mesmers can pack even more. People just need to have condition removal.Mask if you want you could go 15/15/10/30/00. I know you like that defensive stealth on immobilize.

P.S. if you want to try this out buy the rabid gear from the vendor if you have a ton of badges.

Nah, I’m sticking to my build , I just use pizza now and a giver’s weapon. swapped some stuff around, now using full carrion armor, and 2 rampager earrings instead of one. lost some toughness and power, got some vit and that 50% duration while still keeping my 70% boon duration.
so far it seems to work great.

and yes, I have the same issues with investing in condition duration, any decent group (or player) will have cleanses thrown around greatly reducing the potential damage. with giver’s weapons I can get 50% increase without really sacrificing anything, just some power.

Hey, How do you have 70% boon duration and 50% condition duration? what gear are you using? thanks

superior runes of the monk, superior runes of water, major runes of water , 30 points in alchemy = +70% boon duration

rare veggie pizza + one givers pistol = +50% condition duration.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

And versatile means ‘some support, decent survivability, decent but not strongest dps, etc…’

This is precisely what the FT/EG build is. Try it some time.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

This is precisely what the FT/EG build is. Try it some time.

been doing that since I levelled my engineer.
I have always been a multi-kit engineer up untill this patch where i started testing turrets.

FT/EG lost a lot of it’s potential with the kit refinement change. This was the other place where it was borderline OP, the first being 100nades of course.
But they shouldn’t have nerfed it so hard for multi-kit builds. That cooldown is brutal.

FT/EG is probably the most versatile engineer combo I have come across in a build, I fully agree there.
But is it really that strong?
Compared to the more single purpose builds?

Still, of all my tests, it is probably my favourite WvW build.
But no group ever needs me for it, our raids always wanted other profesions to do the same better…

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

The loss of Kit Refinement definitely affects group support without the second Super Elixir, but moving those 10 points elsewhere in either Alchemy or Explosives—or some mix of the two—will actually boost the output of your Flamethrower tremendously because of Energy Conversion Matrix and Incendiary Powder.

People complaining that the Flamethrower is not viable are (1) people using it wrong or (2) people who used it only when Flame Blast was bugged and don’t really know what they’re talking about in the first place.

We still get a Light field of 10-second duration every 16 seconds. It’s not that bad.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Aside the doom and gloom thinking of my above post, I would like to add this:

I find it nearly impossible to come up with a build even half as viable as the whole condition HGH thing.

Isn’t confusion damage still halfed in s/tPvP ? Combined with Anet’s tunnel vision regarding that game mode as the only relevant one that would explain the otherwise completely ridiculous Prybar buff as well as the effectiveness of confusion centered builds in WvW.

Elixir builds having the best survivability by a huge margin and close to or the best damage at the same time is failed design either way though of course. This will have to be adjusted sooner rather than later and judging by the way ANet have handled the class so far we’re in for some more sweeping changes in the very near future. If those in turn will promote more build diversity…Right now I have my doubts.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

I think it is a matter of time before we see the halved confusion damage from spvp/tpvp make its way over into wvw and to be honest it should lol… Magnetpull/prybar/staticshot then lay on other conditions will kill 85% of the people we meet in wvw. Not to mention the condition/confusion mesmers you see running around its just absurd how strong confusion is when you get 5+ stacks on you.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

I really hope they don’t nerf confusion in WvW. I love the prybar, but let’s be honest if they do this they are going to also destroy 1 of 2 base builds for the Mesmer. ANET needs to quit nerfing viable builds and start focusing on buffing other builds.

As far as builds concern with the Engineer I will not lie that I enjoyed the Engineers other builds that do not use HGH, but that ended when I started playing the Guardian & Mesmer. Maybe I’d feel better if they improved drop rates for bags/badges & kills in WvW with condition builds, but I just feel like a Confusion Mesmer (which is conditions) can farm bags/badges & kills about 3x times faster. Same thing with my Guardian using GS/Staff.

Again, maybe ANET’s measure of contribution is off on their bag/badge drop rates with condition, but if it isn’t there are other professions that are much solider for group play. Until then the Engineer HGH build is pretty much going to be the Meta.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

I don’t know, and its not for me to say, but I feel our power builds don’t even pretend to compete with our conditions builds in wvw atm, I’m sure someone will come chime in about how they kill people with SD, but lets be for real I can kill someone with a prybar/staticshot/blow torch combo almost as kitten fast as a SD build and sometimes faster depending on how dumb they are while having AMAZING condition removal and survivability whereas most SD builds don’t have either.

I also sometimes run HGH power rifle/grenades and it doesn’t even come close in small group fights, although I feel it is just as good if not better for zerg vs zerg, although I despise zerg vs zerg fights and much prefer roaming.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

Hi guys/gals,

I wanted to talk about a build that is a bit different, but really seems to add survivability.

Anyways the build is:
20/5/15/30/00

Edited for link:
http://tinyurl.com/cjacltg

At first glance I was like wtf I’m losing a lot of crit & condition damage. However, if your in a fight chances are your going to get below 25% HP and so that’s where this shines. If you look at the 15pt in inventions you will see that your heal skill recharges at 25% effectively giving you another Elixir H. With the might stacking on heal from the Explosives line and might from HGH you make up that lost 150 condition damage and gain 150 power as well. Biggest thing you get two heals. I tried this tonight in WvW and was wasting people. @ Mask, I’m using that stealth on immobilize and you finally sold me. This also works great if I stumble upon a zerg on zerg. I just swap out toolkit for FT and that second heal helps me live through retaliation and confusion.

Anyone else try this build out?

(edited by Goloith.6349)

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Oakwind.6187

I hate to be a pain, but would you care to post a full link to the build? You only changed traits around, no gear or consumables?

That having been said, I’d love to test it out tonight.

I play Engineer.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: BladeBraverBureba.1052

BladeBraverBureba.1052

>WvW build
>No stun break
>No 409

ok

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

I hate to be a pain, but would you care to post a full link to the build? You only changed traits around, no gear or consumables?

That having been said, I’d love to test it out tonight.

I put the link in for you. Remember this build still plays off the 100% condition duration.

>WvW build
>No stun break
>No 409

ok

I’m not sure what you’re taking about?

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Last night in WvW I ran with Pistol/Shield + Med Kit + Tool Kit (or Flamethrower) with Elixir S + U.

0/30/0/20/20

Firearms: Hair Trigger, Rifled Barrels, Coated Bullets
Alchemy: Self-Regulating Defenses, Cleansing Formula
Tools: Speedy Kits, Power Wrench

Cleansing Formula + Drop Antidote was more than enough condition removal to keep me alive in most situations—and Inertial Converter in the Tools tree (15) gave me a second Bandage Self use at 25% HP just like Automated Medical Response. The difference is that it resets all of my toolbelt skills and not just my healing skill, meaning I had two projectile blocks at my disposal with Toss Elixir U on top of Static Shield and Gear Shield.

The survivability was insane, and my conditions still hurt bad because I had 30 points in Firearms with full Rabid gear. I used Sigil of Strength for the lack of HGH and Sigil of Corruption in my Shield.

I know some people swear by HGH and Elixir H, but I thought I’d offer a very workable alternative. I know Elixir U seems like a questionable addition but with the change to making it only have Smoke Screen or Wall of Reflection, it’s actually really good right now.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

I usually go the Tool route if I’m going Berserker Engineer so that I get that second heal and “Hidden Pistols” toolbelt skill.

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Why do you not think that 20 in Tools is viable for Condition Damage spec?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

So yes turrets without the toughness/HP buff was a bit disappointing as well as the KR changes, but hey at least P/P HGH got a huge boost.

Finally my dreams come true.

Actually I’m running a turret build for wvwvw!

I’m going: 10/25/15/10/10, 2x pistol or rifle.

Although turrets still lack the “omph!” clones, phantasms and minions has they provide some really nice utitily, Using flame turret, rifle turret and healing turret. With the flameturret I’v done some really flashy escapes, going stealth with smokescreen (overcharge) and detonating healing + flame turret.

since every single turret I use has a low cooldown I even feel somewhat mobile but if I want to maximize my damage I need to use magnet, box of nails and glueshot.

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

(edited by magical giant.8650)

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: grimmson.9154

grimmson.9154

giver weapons are running correctly 100%? is this a fact?

The New Meta for WvW

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

giver weapons are running correctly 100%? is this a fact?

Its possible to hit 100% duration with runes and at minimum 15 in explosives with Givers weapons.