The TANKCAT build. Prybar some faces!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mistle.5837

Mistle.5837

aww dang I was hoping so much to be able to run the build as it is for Pve like dungeons and what not oh well back the the build lists >.<.

in Engineer

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I have a lvl 65 Eng, tried the basics of this build out and really enjoy using it. It breathed new life into my Eng game play I think I’ll stick with it and see how it plays when I’m lvl 80.

A well thought out, amusing build thanks for sharing.

in Engineer

Posted by: maodaner.7924

maodaner.7924

very nice post, cant wait to try this build on my engy when he hit 80. again very nice post i really enjoy in reading it.

in Engineer

Posted by: MikeT.9428

MikeT.9428

I wanna try this build out…so is the Gear STats Im aiming for Soldier? Or what?

Soldier karma gear is what I run with with crafted knights pants. I still have my berzerker jewelry on just because a few extra points in vit and toughness isn’t really that important to me but the rare soldier jewelry is cheap so use what you like for jewelry. Normally I do something dumb like jump over a keep wall into an enemy zerg just to prybar someone with lower health then TINYDUNK only to be killed trying to get back in the keep so jewelry will not save stupidity.

I tried a semi glass cannon rifle build, grenade build (pre-nerf), but I love the TANKCAT build the most. 1 vs 1 almost always ends with me winning, stalemate (invising thieves that run off) of if I can’t land prybar enough on a slippery player (mesmer) I run off. When I screw up, I die but normally it’s something I’ve done and not some elite player I’ve faced.

I had 5 SoS enemies chasing me for about 5 minutes before I eventually mistimed something and they finally killed me a couple days ago. It was great times…BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK… INVUL, INVUL, INVUL…EVADE, EVADE, EVADE…etc.

I’ll sacrifice some DPS to be able to run through a zerg into a keep with almost no damage taken or be able to counter all those lame thieves. I’ve faced some good ones and the non-glass cannon thieves are harder to kill but normally they can’t kill you either if you have some practice under your belt.

I’m not as good as the original TANKCAT but I still love this build. I almost always WvW and this is by far the most fun I’ve had with an engi or necro. Thanks for being kind enough to share the build and the videos mischwolf.

I do use FT to defend keep doors and sometimes against siege equipment but that’s the only thing I swap out on occasion.

Jade Quarry
Never underestimate an engineer with a wrench
Exploding illusions FTW

in Engineer

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Thank you so much for this. I tried an engineer early after release and felt I was just too squishy. Tried again this past week (after reading this) and wow, what a difference. I’m only lvl 22, and upleveled for WvW, but it was awesome.

Just cruised through the zerg pouring out of Bay last night, and back to where some friendlies were still alive. Was too much fun.

The solo vid made me laugh. Definitely going to be working on this toon some more.

Thanks. :-)

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in Engineer

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

You, sir, are a genius. The Survivability is nothing short of amazing. Nisha…THE LEGENDARY ENGINEER!

I got bored last night and swapped Supply Crate to Elixir X, after barreling through a Zerg at our Garrison, blocking, evading, etc…

Juggernaut form…Shoulder Rushed into a large group, kicked an Ele in the face, and I happened to yell “HULK SMASH!” right before I did the MEGA STOMP Knockback…hilarious. Saw a few ROFL!s in /say when I did it. Also, I finally felt what it was like for a Keep Lord to get ganged up on. After that was all over, my Self-Regulated Defenses kicked in, so I went small, ran, Bandaged Self, and made it through the crazy within our Garrison.

Also, for the first time, I encounted another TankCAT. Basically it was in a zerg, and we both must have hit Elixir S at the SAME TIME…running away from each other. I couldn’t stop laughing, considering I was able to TINY DUNK an enemy on my way out of the chaos!

As Ubi said, ‘Thank you so much for this’.

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in Engineer

Posted by: Flaunz.5273

Flaunz.5273

I am running a very similar build, the only changes being 6 runes of grenth (chill!), superior sigil of hydromancy (more chill!), rifle with the protection on crit trait except for.. whatever trait decreases shield recharge, berserker accessories and half power/prec/tough instead of full invaders.

The runes of grenth are possibly the cheapest superior ones around (don’t let this trick you into thinking they must be complete kitten then!) so they are easy to try.
Just yesterday I got asked by a fellow engineer (!!!) what that freeze animation is that’s giving me swiftness and vigor… lovely!
The runes give cond dmg though which is probably not the best stat for me running rifle but well..

What I REALLY wanna say is that I have an innocent crush on the original medicat for being so entertaining, if only gw2 was the right place to get girls, u’d have them all lined up :p

New Years [ICON] Engineer
Ring of Fire

(edited by Flaunz.5273)

in Engineer

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

For armor I use full soldier’s gear. Sigils I currently use are Sigil of Battle and Sigil of Restoration (if anyone knows a good offhand sigil, i’d love to know what everyone uses). Traits are 0/0/20/30/20 solo or 0/0/20/20/30 for group play. :> I hope that helped!

I personally prefer stacking sigils for my offhand. For this build you I’d do corruption simply to add to the confusion damage.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Trying out variations of the Tankcat, but I guess I been doing that forever since I have always use the Toolkit and a more defensive build.

It’s nice to see a fun build like this that is actually more defensive in basis. Most fun builds are based upon high damage first.
And I have to say the Tank cat has become more popular than expected. It’s a household engineer build for a while now. A good positive note among all the doom and gloom

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

What gear and jewels would you play this tankcat build?

in Engineer

MikeT.9428

What gear and jewels would you play this tankcat build?

I’m sure it’s been posted many times but he uses the Power, Toughness, Vitality (a.k.a. soldier) gear that can be found as dungeon armor or karma armor in Orr. Jewelry is “Soldier” jewelry which can be bought on the trading post but only come in rare form unless you have lots of WvW badges, rolling the dice in the mystic forge with lots of orbs, or possibly running fractals.

Jade Quarry
Exploding illusions FTW

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

What about rune of the hearth? I think what makes engineer a bunker is, more than toughness, protection procs.

I tried a rifle version in spvp. I had problems landing bursts on people.

I’m starting to think pistol damage is better, for it does sneaky, sustained damage.

Just need something to increase condition damage, then.

Sooo, what about… the Burncat? Maybe a bit lower survivability (balanced by protection injection) but more burning damage, to show the vicious enemy something even more vicious!

Just made it in 2 minutes, maybe it sucks.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQJAqal0p6ZH5y3F1bJxIFdW0hKgfQFyrIF6HzfKIXA;TsAA1Cpoay0koJbTumkNNW4QyUAA

(as always, copy & paste the link)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

in Engineer

Posted by: aKIRA.7123

aKIRA.7123

man you weren’t kidding that youll get ptsd after fighting a guardian…had a duel with one that lasted for about 10 minutes. i only ended up winning because a teammate happened to pass by

this build is hilariously survivable and so easy to customize, ty op for posting it

Azuna Hatsue | Sonya Hayashi
Jaunty Chaps [LAD]

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQJAqal0p6ZH5y3F17IxIFdW0ieofM74PKkL9B;TsAA1Cpoay0koJbTumkNNE5IyUAA

Updated Burncat.

Tough, with deadly burns. Half-bunker and bunker destroyer.

That’s the idea.

Spray some burns on the thieves and watch them die.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Engineer

Posted by: Davi.4920

Davi.4920

Sorry to be a pain, I was wondering if anyone could re link the build that adapts this awesome build into something useful for pve/dungeons?

in Engineer

Posted by: pman.6139

pman.6139

Because of you, my experience as a engineer is more enjoyable, and I hope you will know that I am extremely overjoyed by my ability to not die quick

My hats off to you sir

in Engineer

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

Been working on a FlameCAT build…

(you know the drill )

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcMQJAqelspSXn1SyFGOJxoCdOkC8bYQPAcdvroCPG;T4AA1yoEOJdSFlyJKbM2IsxajzGpNjSmIA

I find that I’m swapping ALOT between FT and TK…and when I see someone zeroed in on me I’ll swap to P/S and let Static Shield do it’s work, followed by Static Shot, swap to TK, and Prybar.

I kept my Superior Dolyak Runes (I’m broke! lol )mixed Berserker’s with Soldier’s Jewelry, and kept Elixir H instead of Med Kit. Keeping Invigorating Speed up with Speedy Kits and Elixir B provides a nice constant stream of Endurance for Dodging.

I like removing Conditions, so I chose to use Sigil of Purity. Add to that some food, usually a Bowl of Saffron Scented Poultry Soup(70 Healing Power, 100% Condition Removal on Heal), Bowl of Truffle Ravioli(100 Toughness, 70 Precision), or Bowl of Tropical Mousse(100 Toughness, +70 Condition Damage)(great now I’m hungry) are nice additions. The good news? They’re cheap!

FT in WvW…Opponents naturally back away. Added to that the Might, and 200 Toughness and you are a walking Nightmare. I find that I crit ALOT with FT and other things, so I chose Precise Sights for that extra Vulnerability. I usually lay down Napalm, swap to P/S and start shooting…or I’ll swap to TK and pull ‘em through the fire line. Usually I’ll have Rangers with me to use the Fire Line for their Finishers.

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in Engineer

Posted by: EpicGenius.7365

EpicGenius.7365

Great post! It is nice to see new strategy and not only to expect nerf or buff to be useful.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bullcat.5461

Bullcat.5461

After weeks of debating which profession to go for, you sir, have been a true inspiration. Can’t wait to create my very first character, a Charr Engineer. I know it’ll take some time for me to get used to the newness of the game and to get to level 80… but when I founder, I shall come back to the font of knowledge that is this thread, watch your videos of awesomeness, and get back in the fight.

Many thanks!

just keep hitting it till it dies.

in Engineer

MikeT.9428

Can’t wait to create my very first character, a Charr Engineer.

A few off topic points. I don’t mean to offend you if you are a regular with MMO’s.

Don’t be a clicker, practice with the keyboard if you want to have a chance at WvW or PVP. You’ll need to use the mouse for camera control and/or movement.

PVE for the engi isn’t as easy as with other classes. Although the toolkit is pretty great for WvW. For PVE you might be better off with the flamethrower, bombkit, or grenades if you can stand them.

Good luck out there!

Jade Quarry
Exploding illusions FTW

in Engineer

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

1. good combo is static shield => switch to wrench => magnet => pry bar => switch back to pistol => throw shield

timing must be good but it is great when it goes off properly

2. a nice variation of the build is to focus on condition damage. by using the superior rune of the guardian, every block with the gear shield or static shield would apply a burn on your target. you can pull target to you, pry bar his face, apply conditions via bombs and then finish the target off with blocking and the pistol. sylvari has vine shield toolbelt skill for another 2 second block.

(edited by CptCosmic.3156)

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I’m just going to say that Rocket Boots is a very underrated ability.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

Can’t wait to create my very first character, a Charr Engineer.

A few off topic points. I don’t mean to offend you if you are a regular with MMO’s.

Don’t be a clicker, practice with the keyboard if you want to have a chance at WvW or PVP. You’ll need to use the mouse for camera control and/or movement.

PVE for the engi isn’t as easy as with other classes. Although the toolkit is pretty great for WvW. For PVE you might be better off with the flamethrower, bombkit, or grenades if you can stand them.

Good luck out there!

I agree with this to a point, but maybe if you could clarify a bit more?

I use a mixture of both. One thing I do a lot on my Necro is strafe when I kite, but I’ve never thought/been able to/tried to do that with just the mouse :/

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

tool kit best kit

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Engineer

Posted by: Winterstorm.2405

Winterstorm.2405

This is a spectacular build! I’ve been trying to find and good Engineer build, and this is great!

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

A D/D elementalist tried to gank me in WvW. He got many prybars to the face. My exotic-equiped tankcat never got below 60% health while the ele confused himself to death. His final attempt to escape was his undoing. He was so shocked to be schooled by an engi that he couldn’t gather his wits to mist form away. I tiny-dunked him…

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

I have been trying TankCat build and its been very frustrating for me. In tier 1 on SOR I encounter zergs that are really tight and end up dying to endless crowd controls. When I try pull someone to me and crowbar them they just break out and run away. I tried the bomb kit but when I am deep within the zerg I am dead as soon as one of my blocks run out because there is just to many conditions, snares, and people beating on me.

If anyone has any tips on how they approach and work within big zergs I would appreciate it.

(edited by Alkaline.2809)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Try Throw Mine and Supply Crate with Accelerant-Packed Turrets.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Lebannen.8325

Lebannen.8325

Entertaining read but the name “tank cat” is asinine Theorycraft all you want to, this build and 100’ nades of stupidity build has so many flaws and only works against less than intelligent players.

High Condition builds will make you regret life and the money speccing and gearing. My engineer has 2000+ condi damage. I eat Tankcats for breakfast, even two of you playing smart with overlapping Mag pull and two prybars. Elixir x >>melee.

Guardian anything (especially Norn) will embarrass you. For additional insult, Become the Bear/Leopard can and will make you rage.

Oh, look at that lone thief taking on 3-5 players. Let me walk over there and try to use prybar. Here is how that fight goes against an average thief and Ill give you the advantage of a sneak attack:

Engi: Mag Pull
Thief : Stealth
Engi: “Ill pop elixir B and counter the burst”
Thief: predictable noob, ill just wait.
Engi: He scared of me" /g Hey guize, this thief fears teh tankcat
Thief: <watching icon>constantly finding way to keep stealth up
Engi: Hes gone.
Thief:< retaliation is done>
Thief: <burst>
Engi: Downed, spamming 1
Thief: Stealth, stomp
Engi: <makes post on anet talking about how oped thieves are>

Entire fight takes 28 seconds.

in Engineer

Lebannen.8325

A D/D elementalist tried to gank me in WvW. He got many prybars to the face. My exotic-equiped tankcat never got below 60% health while the ele confused himself to death. His final attempt to escape was his undoing. He was so shocked to be schooled by an engi that he couldn’t gather his wits to mist form away. I tiny-dunked him…

He was a very bad d/d ele.

in Engineer

Eviator.9746

Entertaining read but the name “tank cat” is asinine Theorycraft all you want to, this build and 100’ nades of stupidity build has so many flaws and only works against less than intelligent players which flood WvWvW.

High Condition builds will make you regret life and the money speccing and gearing. My engineer has 2000+ condi damage. I eat stupid Tankcats who stick around, and don’t know when they are outgunned for breakfast, even two of you playing smart with overlapping Mag pull and two prybars. Elixir x >>melee.

Guardian anything (especially Norn) will embarrass you. For additional insult, Become the Bear/Leopard can and will make you rage.

Oh, look at that lone thief taking on 3-5 players. Let me walk over there and try to use prybar. Here is how that fight goes against an average thief and Ill give you the advantage of a sneak attack:

Engi: Hidden Flask
Thief: I forgot about the auto-elixir B, Ow, my daggers hurt, stealth
Engi: <what the heck just happened>

Entire fight takes 28 seconds. Engineer looks to prybar more faces, and the thief goes off in search of easier kills.

I fixed your post for you.

Okay, maybe I’m just fighting in a tier full of noobs (tier 3) , but I haven’t died in what is now hours and hours of aggressive solo, small group, and zerg WvW play. The thief scenario I fixed for you…that JUST happened to me yesterday. Even with 2800 armor, I got hit by a 4k steal, a 6k C&D, and an 8k backstab. That put me down to 40% health. No idea what the thief was at but he stealthed away to rethink his life. I suck at this game because it took me a couple seconds to even consider pulling out my gear shield.

A smart player picks his fights. How does your 2000+ condition damage do against a condition consuming/transfering necro? I moved away from my engi condi build because of such a scenario.

One day I was running from a zerg in rares and was followed by a guardian in exotics for 30-seconds until we were well alone. A fight ensued for about 2 minutes, with neither of us really in any danger of dying. He took many prybars to the face. He stepped back, /no’d, and then turned back around to find his zerg-ball.

I don’t think a tankcat is designed to win 1v1s. He’s designed to frustrate, distract, and divide. He hardly ever gets badges. But he’s a ton of fun to play, and heck, it’s a game, right?

He was a very bad d/d ele.

On second thought, I don’t think he was d/d. I think he was burst.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Engineer

Lebannen.8325

Entertaining read but the name “tank cat” is asinine Theorycraft all you want to, this build and 100’ nades of stupidity build has so many flaws and only works against less than intelligent players which flood WvWvW.

High Condition builds will make you regret life and the money speccing and gearing. My engineer has 2000+ condi damage. I eat stupid Tankcats who stick around, and don’t know when they are outgunned for breakfast, even two of you playing smart with overlapping Mag pull and two prybars. Elixir x >>melee.

Engi: Hidden Flask
Thief: I forgot about the auto-elixir B, Ow, my daggers hurt, stealth
Engi: <what the heck just happened>

Entire fight takes 28 seconds. Engineer looks to prybar more faces, and the thief goes off in search of easier kills.

A smart player picks his fights. How does your 2000+ condition damage do against a condition consuming/transfering necro? I moved away from my engi condi build because of such a scenario.

I stay away from them. I know i cant win, but i dont go around and brag about how bad I am with something that isnt to my advantage either.

I also stay away from smart thieves if I can watch them before hand. They can and usually make me look stupid because they avoid everything before I can react. That is their job.

We can go back and forth with the theorycraft battle situations to the cow comes home. You must be that unique snowflake engineer that makes everyone else look bead because you dont lose in any 1v1 fight over hours and hours of play. We should all just adjust and play just like you and for the help you have ‘bestowed’ on us, we should just join your youtube channel and give you money and fame.

Riiiiight. There are several thieves on DR and IoJ not to mention SoR/JQ/SoS that would love to say hello to you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Theives are in general one of the easy classes for most Engineer setups to beat Lebannan, only a bit harder then Warriors or Guardiens, if they are bad Theives they are by far the most stupid easy class to beat! The Tankcat build and other bunker Engineer builds beat Theives quite easy if they stay and fight, and if they just flee, still counts as your win!

in Engineer

Eviator.9746

We can go back and forth with the theorycraft battle situations to the cow comes home. You must be that unique snowflake engineer that makes everyone else look bead because you dont lose in any 1v1 fight over hours and hours of play. We should all just adjust and play just like you and for the help you have ‘bestowed’ on us, we should just join your youtube channel and give you money and fame.

Riiiiight. There are several thieves on DR and IoJ not to mention SoR/JQ/SoS that would love to say hello to you.

Please don’t read more into my comment than what I wrote. My 1v1s rarely end in ANY death until someone else comes along. I am a rather unskilled player, and the tankcat build keeps me out and about instead of downed and defeated. I’d bet most people would find a build that simply endures to be rather boring. But this thread is about tankcat, and I wanted to share some amusing stories that show that the build is not total crap.

The thief is in fact my greatest foe simply because he does a lot of damage to me, and I can’t do much damage to him. And even if I could he always gets away. It’s hard for me to believe that with 2800 armor/toughness a fully geared GC thief can do 18k of damage in one second using three attacks while remaining stealthed (thank you culling). I never knew what hit me. My GC thief in rares does half that damage to clothies, and that makes me jealous. My build alone kept me alive. But it also kept the thief alive. With the tankcat build, everybody lives!

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Engineer

Posted by: Healingpistol.5829

Healingpistol.5829

I had the most entertaining fight in WvW in months today. I am rifle/grenades glass spec (30/30/0/10/0) and I almost prybared myself in the head before I notice. In a final act of desperation I dropped supply crate on that little asura, and with the help of big ol bomb and little kiting managed to down him. Then a thief from the 3rd faction came and killed us both.

in Engineer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

So…… it’s a build that just as tanky as possible with as many invuls as possible and you troll people by being hard to kill? I can get that… but you don’t actually do anything meaningful.

If you really want to be a survivability troll, roll a Mesmer.

in Engineer

MikeT.9428

If you really want to be a survivability troll, roll a Mesmer.

Yes, there are far more effective classes that troll and out damage this build. Mesmer, D/D ele, probably guardians but this is an engi board. :-)

Engi’s are fun to some players (me) even though they aren’t the “best” DPS, troll, support, or basically anything you can think of. This build is pretty weak if the other player you are fighting isn’t terrible but there are plenty of terrible players in WvW and even if you face a good player you should at least be able to live through the encounter as long as you don’t get enemy adds.

I prefer the mesmer for PVE but to me the tanky engi is loads of fun even though it’s rather weak against other skilled players. If the orange swords in WvW go away for fights under 25 people you will likely see more of these engis.

As far as being effective goes there’s always farming yaks and carrying supply you don’t have to be supreme winner of all of WvW to be effective for your server.

Jade Quarry
Exploding illusions FTW

in Engineer

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Does this build work in PvE dungeons as well?

in Engineer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Why would you run this in dungeons? You’d be better off with a healing bunker build, or cond burst build or a zerker build.

in Engineer

MikeT.9428

Yeah, it’s not very useful in PVE killing things in WvW this build primarily centers on confusion. Which is pretty weak in PVE, it takes a long time to kill things and you don’t offer much to support a group either. This build in dungeons isn’t a good idea IMO. Either go support with elixir gun if you don’t have a guardian in the group or a damage build with rifle, grenades…etc. Engi’s in dungeons are best used for combo fields IMO but I don’t normally run PVE with the engi.

Jade Quarry
Exploding illusions FTW

in Engineer

Posted by: Ouzhyr.2175

Ouzhyr.2175

Big buff to Prybar. I predict we’ll be seeing a lot more tankcats in PvP soon.

Perpetually bored.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Now with 50% more Prybar.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Engineer

Posted by: AbelKuran.4615

AbelKuran.4615

The use of satirical humor here was extraordinary,that and the build. Approved!

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Big buff to Prybar. I predict we’ll be seeing a lot more tankcats in PvP soon.

Or just Tool Kit. Since the buff to it my supposed ‘ultra offensive condition build’ had its Flamethrower to leave the room for Tool Kit. Glass cannon Engineers can still have fun with the 7k Pry bars.

Concerning Thieves, the TANKCAT build has its flaws, a good Thief won’t die to that, and is more of an anti-burster than anything. For D/D Eles, it tends to be a draw with the Ele having the advantage, but I found out that a dual pistols build with excessive and reappliable condition damage (Blowtorch in perfect timing with the Water attunement) actually does hurt an Elementalist beyond its bunker-abilities.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Engineer

aKIRA.7123

i just fought a tank cat from blackgate server! the fight took 10-15 minutes and the tide of battle went back and forth throughout. several teammates from both sides stopped and cheered us on without interrupting the epic fight.

eventually i won and then bowed to her without finishing her and walked away.

Jaunty Chaps [LAD]

in Engineer

Posted by: The Hermit.3542

The Hermit.3542

I have Quip for my pistol and do more PvE than WvW so I’d like to keep the sigil for my PvE build in my pistol. What would be the better of the two sigils that are recommended to throw in my shield? My instinct says Sigil of Nullification but I don’t have enough playtime wither either to really know how good they are.

Baron Von Fur
Charr Engineer
Sanctum of Rall

in Engineer

Posted by: narcky.2187

narcky.2187

So with the new patch, can we get an update to the build?

Anyone?

I’m really looking for a Tankcat build for WvW and wanted some opinions on where the build is going

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

It seems like it is probably buffed from this patch. The KR change might be a bit odd. although both super speed and magnetic aura can be very useful for this build. The loss of the extra nails is probably not that big a deal, although an extra cripple field can be handy. You’ll just have to deal with having to waste the KR proc half the time.

The elixir U buff will be quite helpful as well, especially since you don’t miss out on a stealth op since you have a blast finisher on the shield for use with smoke screen.

in Engineer

aKIRA.7123

it doesnt look like much changed for tankcat, besides the revealed effect for stealth. im quite liking the magnetic aura on med kit for kit refinement tho :o (but i dont know if id want to give up swiftness just for that..hm)

Jaunty Chaps [LAD]

in Engineer

Posted by: narcky.2187

narcky.2187

Ugh. Enough with this thread already. The build is already posted to the “post your builds” sticky. Reporting this for necro. Just…just stop. This e-famous crap is just that…crap.

Wtf are you talking about? What’s the point of it being posted to the “post your builds” section? I asked a question of the builds viability / changes with the new patch which is completely valid.

Again I have no clue where you’re going with your post… other than to randomly post for absolutely no reason. And where are you going with the e-famous stuff? Talk about going way off topic of what’s recently being talked about. Should you be reported for being negative and… well stupid?

Anyways, back on topic.

This build doesn’t use KR, do you suggest it be used now? And in place of what?

Edit: That’s wierd… the post above doesn’t show up anymore when I click on the thread… was I looking at something wrong? I’m pretty sure he just posted…

(edited by narcky.2187)