The patch notes come out and...

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

The way might stacks has been changed thus eliminating the HGH build, and static discharge is put on a 5 second CD, thus eliminating the SD build.

What do you do?

/jumps off cliff

into water

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Sigh, uninstall, and unbookmark everything GW2-related.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

My build uses neither so I guess I would not be too upset.

in Engineer

Posted by: Heojaua.6048

Heojaua.6048

I reroll a 100b Hero, complain that CoF is too hard and that SPvP is broken.

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Die a little bit more inside, find another build that works for me, which invariably will end up being popularized and nerfed into the ground again.

Rinse and repeat.

In all seriousness though, I’ve been looking at switching to a power build involving Toolkit and bombs… oh wait, it was also HGH dependent too. Nevermind (patch results pending of course)… Feeling like Kit Refinement all over again.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

HGH isn’t actually that good. You get equivalent might from blast finishers using Bomb Kit, and it’s AOE might, not just for you.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

The community will get over it, It always does.

Someone engineer will probably find out that if they do a 360 while jumping and activate some innocuous adept trait they manage a damage spike. Then they’ll make an entire build around it, make videos, have the community join in the fun, and then have the trait removed from game in a few months.

All the while these forums will be riddled with people either begging for it to be nerfed, defending it to death or making threads about how crap flamethrower is.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

The community will get over it, It always does.

Someone engineer will probably find out that if they do a 360 while jumping and activate some innocuous adept trait they manage a damage spike. Then they’ll make an entire build around it, make videos, have the community join in the fun, and then have the trait removed from game in a few months.

All the while these forums will be riddled with people either begging for it to be nerfed, defending it to death or making threads about how crap flamethrower is.

John, I want to have your children. I mean, I want to bring them to term for you. You can inject the embryo beside my kidneys and let it gestate. I offer this so you can maintain your figure forever because it is shining and intelligent and bright and i really don’t want to have to put someone so valuable in front of the kitchen sink without pay.

in other words, +1, well said.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I thought the flamethrower bit would be too much. Glad at least one flame-trooper didn’t take offense. Hope Phinn takes the bait though

Also, what happened to this place? Why has all our cynical humor evaporated.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

:S meh it would be kinda lame, what other build is ‘super-effective’ in PvP?

But the community will find new builds, and devs just might nerf those again.
I sense there’s something wrong when a class community sees the devs as persona non grata.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

in Engineer

Posted by: Ashenpelt.5318

Ashenpelt.5318

It’s all been replaced with pessimism, and lots of it.
Come to think of it this is one of the best threads I have seen in quite some time, in terms of posts.

(edited by Ashenpelt.5318)

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

@John +1, I luaghed! ^^

Also, if they nerfed HGH next patch I would grap a GIANT bowl of popcorn, log into the game and not look at the forums for the next 2 weeks, mostly because the community allready is whining this much, about something that haven’t even happened yet! And I’m truely scared of how much whine that would turn into if they actually did nerf it! :O

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronine.1875

Ronine.1875

I’m kinda new here, don’t really post on the forums…. If they are taking away the major affects of HGH, will this mean we will all have to run tanky condition builds?

I haven’t chosen a build yet as I am at school a lot and cant dedicate enough time to the game to really get down and find a build that I like.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I’m almost sure HGH won’t be nerfed, not directly anyway.
But even if it was completely removed from the game it wouldn’t be as bad as most think. I ran my build without hgh for months, I only started using it a couple of weeks before they buffed it back in december and it worked just as well. You lose might stacking, you gain something else.
I’d be more worried about formula 409 being nerfed tbh.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

@Ronine, it depends on what you want to do? Do you want to do WvW? then no, we got several other builds working great, in my opinon some of them better then HGH atually in WvW! in tPvP and sPvP? I can only talk about solo queue and hot joint’s, and at way more casual level, but that’s where most people play anyway! And even there you can find several offensive condition builds that don’t require HGH at all, and is still viable! At higher level tPvP I don’t know, I only do serious WvW, not tPvP, but it appear like it’s their only option atm! In PvE you can run some solid condition damage builds without HGH as well,!

Also, since you are new to these forums you need to learn that the community in general have a tendens to run/talk/believe in only one single build at a time, and they will make everything seems a lot worse then it actually is, like here where they all ready prebare to whine/ragequit/flee in anger, for something that haven’t happend yet! :p

in Engineer

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Nothing much will happen. This community is pretty dead at this point.

in Engineer

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

Maybe engi is not my main, but I play him a lot. It really doesn’t bother me, if static discharge and HGH get nerfs, because I knew it’ll get nerfs, and I didn’t even start playing with these builds. Oh, and HGH looks kinda hard, and I’m not even in top1000, so I thought it’ll be too hard for me.
How I know, that these builds will get nerfs? Every effect from traits and sigils is getting some kind of cooldown. It has to be the same this time.
Will there be a day, when people has started playing build, that suits them, and are not considered by meta?

@John +1
@Amadeus thanks for the idea with popcorn, +1

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

I wouldn’t really call the Community dead, more that most of the Engineer community is stuck in the same mind set, with large numbers of it all following the FOTM build, with any new idea’s that may spire in the community with new builds ect. get’s drowned in the whine thread’s, or even worse, gets killed off by the FOTM zombies that go “HGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH No good dat build!”

Because the community is really stuck in the same thought’s on these forums! When I talk with Engineer in game (and I talk with A LOT) many of them have very intrestring and original builds that is quite potent and lethal, desinged to fit their personal playstyle! The best example of this still gotta be Itkoviana for me, with his condition damage and stastic Discharge hybrid build that kicked kitten

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

@John +1, I luaghed! ^^

Also, if they nerfed HGH next patch I would grap a GIANT bowl of popcorn, log into the game and not look at the forums for the next 2 weeks, mostly because the community allready is whining this much, about something that haven’t even happened yet! And I’m truely scared of how much whine that would turn into if they actually did nerf it! :O

see, and I would get the popcorn specifically FOR watching the forums.

tee hee!

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

That’s pretty much my assertion too. Never see anyone, everyone’s still either in LA standing around for a FotM run or rarely seen anyone other then Queens.

Meanwhile people won’t help one another on the forums they’ll tell each other they’re wrong for pointing out the obvious flaws with this balance system they have and nothing will get done and all the while they’ll continue to make cutesie backpacks to sell in the store and warriors will still be able to solo Arah.

I tried the HGH with the FT and was NOT impressed because yet again there was another delay before we could actually build up enough damage to make a difference but not with conditions mind you with our version of burst damage or a hybrid.

<sits in the background waiting to see if they actually notice that three classes are completely discombobulated and weak>

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

The way might stacks has been changed thus eliminating the HGH build, and static discharge is put on a 5 second CD, thus eliminating the SD build.

What do you do?

/jumps off cliff

into water

Probably play my Guardian more, or level up my Elementalist.

Might-stacking is the only way that makes the Flamethrower a competitive option. If they change the way it works that in any way kills the FT/EG build, I’m probably just going to take a break from my Engineer for a while.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I wouldn’t really call the Community dead, more that most of the Engineer community is stuck in the same mind set, with large numbers of it all following the FOTM build, with any new idea’s that may spire in the community with new builds ect. get’s drowned in the whine thread’s, or even worse, gets killed off by the FOTM zombies that go “HGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH No good dat build!”

Because the community is really stuck in the same thought’s on these forums! When I talk with Engineer in game (and I talk with A LOT) many of them have very intrestring and original builds that is quite potent and lethal, desinged to fit their personal playstyle! The best example of this still gotta be Itkoviana for me, with his condition damage and stastic Discharge hybrid build that kicked kitten

Yeah I would hesitate to think that the official forums are in any way indicative of the general mindset of the Engineer community. Just the difference in tone between here and Guild Wars 2 Guru is significant enough—let alone in-game.

Not sure why this place has turned into the cesspool it has become, but it is disappointing.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Is there a link to the patch notes? I can’t seem to find them.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

that’s because there aren’t any.

this is yet another Q_Q thread brought to you by lack of kahones to try something other than a cookie cutter build, the letters l, o, l, and the number 12.

in Engineer

Ashenpelt.5318

That was amazing. Thank you nakoda.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

seriously, this forum should be renamed “Lemmings” and all real engi discussion should move over to the Guru.

in Engineer

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

My PvE guardian is lvl 60, and I have the ele for WvW.

Plus the extra character slot would be nice.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

in Engineer

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

This community is pretty dead at this point.

+1

I’m amazed at the lack of engi’s I see in-game, PvE or PvP (WvW).

:`o(

-Thor

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Won’t change much in here, I hate HGH and try to stay away from it.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

warriors will still be able to solo Arah.

Im new to GW2 so bare with me. Are warriors actually able to do this or are you being sarcastic? because myself as a warrior have been having trouble even in the personal story line lol.

edit: By personal story line I meant my characters not the dungeon story. Sorry for the confusion.

(edited by daver.8324)

in Engineer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

The patch notes will come out, the nerfs will be stated, but somehow they’ll forget to copy/pasta that portion of the code into the patch just like the did the first time they intended to nerf 100nades.

Relax guys! We’ve got the build for at least another month. maybe even two!!

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Im new to GW2 so bare with me. Are warriors actually able to do this or are you being sarcastic? because myself as a warrior have been having trouble even in the personal story line lol.

Story modes are tons harder than explorables. Want an example? My elementalist was 1 shotted in CM story mode (using daphoenix’s d/d build) but I can survive fairly well in exp mode.
There are videos of warriors soloing arah.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronine.1875

Ronine.1875

@Amadeus: Ok! I primarily play wvw and have been working on a power flamethrower build for a lot of frontal aoe zerg fights. I also use if to stack that fire field, but I have been looking into a solid tank build. Not sure what weapon i’ll use for it yet (really like the rifle). From looking at videos, pistol/shield or p/p seems to be very popular in wvw engis. is this just because that is where the most condi damage will come from besides kits?

in Engineer

Ashenpelt.5318

@Amadeus: Ok! I primarily play wvw and have been working on a power flamethrower build for a lot of frontal aoe zerg fights. I also use if to stack that fire field, but I have been looking into a solid tank build. Not sure what weapon i’ll use for it yet (really like the rifle). From looking at videos, pistol/shield or p/p seems to be very popular in wvw engis. is this just because that is where the most condi damage will come from besides kits?

I would imagine the reason most engineers love p/s is because both abilities are not only amazing for defense, which a lot of engineers need, but they also counter a thief so hard that they have to use all their abilities to run away from your glorious incandescence. Also, how kitten is it to throw your god kitten shield, crackling with electricity?

in Engineer

Posted by: Welswift.9813

Welswift.9813

Okay yeah, if they nerf Static Discharge’s first target damage (I don’t care that much if they nerf the bounce), I would begin to seriously consider class mismanagement as something I have against this game. Other people might have already, but I haven’t… yet. My play levels will go down, and I will probably fade out of this game.

Static Discharge is not, by any means, deserving to be nerfed. It requires skill, it lacks durability, and it is basically comparable in every way to a warrior’s kill-shot, at a more limited range.

I don’t care so much about HGH, but Static Discharge is innocent. Don’t touch it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Static Discharge is not, by any means, deserving to be nerfed. It requires skill, it lacks durability, and it is basically comparable in every way to a warrior’s kill-shot, at a more limited range.

How? Kill Shot is a high damage shot that takes a long time to charge up. Static discharge has no animation and is used automatically with our toolbelt skills, and it bounces from target to target. I would argue it takes way more skill to pull of a Kill Shot.

As to the topic of the thread… I don’t think anything is getting nerfed. I like the term I saw used before “nerf mongering”. Sometimes I think some of the Engineer community just wants something to complain about.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Adamantium.3682)

in Engineer

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

How? Kill Shot is a high damage shot that takes a long time to charge up. Static discharge has no animation and is used automatically with our toolbelt skills, and it bounces from target to target. I would argue it takes way more skill to pull of a Kill Shot.

Not trying to troll, just inserting my two cents. Kill shot can take a while to charge up, but if you spec into crack shot that kill shot is going to pierce everything in its path. If timed right this could be devastating for a zerg on the receiving end. Not to mention the range on kill shot is 1500. Warriors do not have to sacrifice much to be deadly with kill shot, while we take yet another tax on damage for versitility.
With static discharge, the range is 900, it does not pierce, and doesn’t deal nearly as much damage as kill shot. More than likely if you’re running SD you have to sacrifice one to two utility slots for either rifle turret and/or tool kit. If you run into more than one person, SD has the potential to hit both/three of them if they are close enough together, but if they are too far apart, SD only hits once.
Maybe I’m missing something, but from what I am seeing, and have experienced, the amount of work an Engineer has to go through for SD to bounce between his victim is quite painful. Unless you run into a ranger, you’re going to be at a huge disadvantage. While the warrior can just use kill shot and destroy everything in front and behind his target.

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

How? Kill Shot is a high damage shot that takes a long time to charge up. Static discharge has no animation and is used automatically with our tool-belt skills, and it bounces from target to target. I would argue it takes way more skill to pull of a Kill Shot.

As to the topic of the thread… I don’t think anything is getting nerfed. I like the term I saw used before “nerf mongering”. Sometimes I think some of the Engineer community just wants something to complain about.

Really? 4 Static discharges wouldn’t match a killing shot by the warrior. And don’t even get me started about the range.

But it’s ok, I also got a level 80 Zerker Warrior full with the best items from a few COF P1 rushes and a laurel Ascended berserk amulet ready to spam WvW with lameness. Let’s all become Warriors and delete the engineers.

in Engineer

nakoda.4213

How? Kill Shot is a high damage shot that takes a long time to charge up. Static discharge has no animation and is used automatically with our tool-belt skills, and it bounces from target to target. I would argue it takes way more skill to pull of a Kill Shot.

Really? 4 Static discharges wouldn’t match a killing shot by the warrior. And don’t even get me started about the range.

But it’s ok, I also got a level 80 Zerker Warrior full with the best items from a few COF P1 rushes and a laurel Ascended berserk amulet ready to spam WvW with lameness. Let’s all become Warriors and delete the engineers.

translated: i took the easiest class through the most farmed instance for free loot and that makes me a super good player and op and better than you.

did i sum that up?

cuz that’s kitten garbage.

engies rule. like it or leave, no skin off our backs.

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

translated: i took the easiest class through the most farmed instance for free loot and that makes me a super good player and op and better than you.

did i sum that up?

cuz that’s kitten garbage.

engies rule. like it or leave, no skin off our backs.

You forgot the part where he turns into the easiest kill in the entire game to get in WvW! That’s the important part! Full zerkers = free Loot bags <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

love looking at a cof geared warrior screaming TARGET ME FIRST, I WILL DIE BEFORE I HIT ANYONE. it’s so satisfying :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Skitza.4069

Skitza.4069

I have seen a few kill shot warriors in wvw lately but I haven’t had a chance to 1v1 one yet. I did have a question though does shield 4 reflect kill shot for full damage??

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I have seen a few kill shot warriors in wvw lately but I haven’t had a chance to 1v1 one yet. I did have a question though does shield 4 reflect kill shot for full damage??

Affirmative, and I can say, it is very satisfying to sent a Killshot + Volley back to the attacker, unless they recently changed that, been a while since I played P/S.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I actually don’t use HGH or Static Discharge at all in my build, but as I said above, I’d just completely cut the game off at that point. Such a thing would make it clear that the developers are just plain targeting Engineer builds for cats and giggles. I don’t have the time or patience to deal with that.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I actually don’t use HGH or Static Discharge at all in my build, but as I said above, I’d just completely cut the game off at that point. Such a thing would make it clear that the developers are just plain targeting Engineer builds for cats and giggles. I don’t have the time or patience to deal with that.

There is some truth to this. Not to give you conspiracy theorist more material.

November 15th path – Pieces targeted at Teldo’s Condi build

March 2th patch – Pieces targeted at GuanglaiKangyi’s Kit Refinement Spam Build

Evidence:

Nov 15th

*Toss Elixir R: This skill’s recharge is increased from 85 seconds to 120 seconds.

*Smoke Bomb: This skill’s radius has been reduced to 180 from 240 when traited. Smoke Bomb is now active for 4 seconds, pulsing every 2. This change also affects the Autodefense Bomb Dispenser trait

*Incendiary Powder: This trait now states that it can only trigger once every 3 seconds.

The three biggest nerfs from the November patch all part of Teldo build.

March 26th patch:

*Grenadier trait: No longer removes the recharge when the player stows the Grenade Kit.

*Kit Refinement trait: Reworked kit skills to balance their effectiveness. All kit skills are now on a static global recharge (20 seconds).

The Grenadier trait bug was mentioned by me in the guru thread. Post #8
Didn’t help that people were using this build for wvw. Guang showed one of the ways to maximize the damage output of kit refinement. To be near warrior like damage. Which of course engineer is not suppose to do.

So yea I’m pretty sure they do target builds when they make changes. Most of the time destroying the build. HGH will just be another strong build that they will nerf. Engineer is running out of strong builds.

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

@Nick not to discredit you, but you need to take into account with the smoke bomb they nerfed all the smoke screen skills, like Thief Pistol skill 5, also got changed, that were an general meta balance, because they found it to powerfull!

Also, Engineer’s had been abusing Incendiary Powder since beta, and that trait was insane OP, it’s still a freaking good trait that a lot of people use! and I’m pretty sure we all can agree that the Toss Elixir R, was a quite fair change, because it is so powerfull, it need that long CD, I mean, it’s all most an elite skill (look at the ress banner from Warrior’s, ofc. not as good, but still)

Now, I don’t think they nerf builds, I think they nerf build concepts, which ain’t bad! If the entrie meta is centered around HGH (it ain’t, but still), and we only see different HGH builds, then they should nerf/balance out these builds!

Also, to this date the only nerf I think did destroy builds have been the Kit Refinement Nerf, why I still hope they are gona look more into!

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Engineer player here. I have 3 other level 80 because I want to get the most of this game. So I just rolled a Warrior. After trying a few interesting builds I decided to play him full zerker. Recently I joined WvW with the same build just to make a stress test. The resistance is exemplary and the damage is extreme. I constantly have swiftness and 3 forms of speed bursts from weapons.

So I thought hey… it can’t be that easy compared to my other level 80 classes. So i went in Orr/Cursed Shore. I laughed at how veteran giants die in less than 10 seconds. 100 blades + a few normal hits with the great sword and that’s it. I had a faster farming run than I could ever imagine. Mobs don’t get to touch you before you kill them.

“This means rolling an Engineer”

""This means rolling an Warrior" "

What is with this trend? There are a few engineers left and these forums are full of frustration and fear of getting even more nerfings one month after another. Nering engineer became a tradition here? This is one of the most difficult classes in the game. We fit in every party and we are not exclusives such as: “ZERK WAR + MESMER LFG COF P1 SPEEDRUNS NO NOOBZ PLZ GEARCHECK”.

We should be rewarded not constantly punished.

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Even while Warrior is EASY MODE, Engineer beats Warrior in PvP encounters! Never got the fuss about them, really

also, CoF farming noobs don’t know what they are talking abou half the time, I mean, I have farmed that place A LOT as well, on my Engineer!
Going Full zerker with ruby orbs, 30/10/0/0/30 even, and just standing there spamming nades on each boss, makes me the highest damage dealer in a group with me, a mesmer, and 3x kitten Warriors! Why? Because I can keep 15-20 Vulnerbillity stacks running while still doing my own damage, which means I get a Bonus 15-20% damage from each of the other players in THE group! I stack the condition —> The extra damage they do is “my” damage!

Does most random PvE players understand that? no ofc. not, but that’s because all they think is PEW PEW PEW see my 100blade!! Which is also the reaon I only ever could be kitten to do it with guilds runs, but I need the kitten gold! :P But you are right that the Engineer is far more complicated then the Warrior

Also it shoul be noted it’s freaking boring to just spam Grenades, but that’s a design flaw, the option is still there

(edited by Amadeus.5687)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Engineer player here.

Man you made my day with those pics:-D
On current HGH builds state you see what can difference in player skill do. For long time engi was weak and complicated compare to other classes so we had learn to play like pros on piano without mistakes to even beat noobs.
But now after few buffs and developing right builds what make us equal to other classes we roll.
We roll because we are simply much more skilled then ppl what play other classes.

So let them cry for HGH nerf they will die anyway..:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

edit: By personal story line I meant my characters not the dungeon story. Sorry for the confusion.

I would suggest you go and look it up on youtube because I’ve received warnings for posting it on these forums. When a single class can basically do anything they want, it is a clear sign of favoritism towards a single class. Add this the fact that they have not done anything to help the three weakest classes in the game and the sorry problematic system they use for testing which is obvious even to 4 year old gamers it just amazes me that others can’t see it.

I’ve played since headstart and I can tell you at no time until after Nov 2012 did engineers have problems in PVE fighting regular mobs (REGULAR) and killing them solo without using an exploitative single cookie cutter build. At no time should it be normal that warriors who don’t know much about the mechanations of the rifle can 1 shot enemies while the engineer seem like they have no idea that the pistol can fire faster, much less the physics incongruities we see between the land and water abilities of the engineer’s kits (grenades physically flying as fast as they should fly on land while you’re swimming for one) or the flame thrower not catching anything on fire for more then 2 seconds and at the very end of the blast.

Go to any level 30 zone and use the same spec/kit with no gear on nd see how quickly a regular/champion dies. Go to a 75+ zone with no gear on with the same spec/kit and see how slow a regular/champion dies. Now go and do the same thing with a warrior. I guarantee you you will notice a completely easier gameplay on the part of the warrior then you will on the engineer hands down.

There is just so much wrong I can’t go into it right now because my BP starts to go up, but I can say that before their very first nerf, this class functioned like anyone would expect it to function had this been RL, throw 2 grenades something dies, use incendiary abilities something catches on fire and stays that way until a condition removal is used, the list goes on.

I’m a PVE only player who’s survived the biweekly respec/rebuild issues of WoW and I’ve never been this disappointed in a class balance system.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)