Transmute trait

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: chupa.2683

chupa.2683

I feel like I’m missing something. It says 100% chance with a 15s cooldown, but it seems to me that it never works. I’m in WVW getting hit by stuff and I’m watching my conditions tick along without seeming to get made into boons once. Is it limited to player vs environment conditions?

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

it works as it says.
what might get you confused is that it only converts one condition, not the full stack.

So let’s say you get a prybar to the face, instead of 5 stacks of confusion you get 4 stacks of confusion and a short duration retaliation boon. instead of 2 bleeds you get 1 bleed and regen.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Also you will never see the condition that gets converted. It will be converted instantly, before it appears on your condition bar. So if you’re not familiar with the skills you’re being hit with you might never even know they would have applied a condition.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: chupa.2683

chupa.2683

Huh. When I get hit by a treb’s poison for example, it never gets removed. It ticks and ticks and ticks without its duration decreasing beyond it’s usual tick.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Huh. When I get hit by a treb’s poison for example, it never gets removed. It ticks and ticks and ticks without its duration decreasing beyond it’s usual tick.

I’m not sure that it applies to conditions acquired in that manner, but I haven’t tested it thoroughly. You could try standing in lava and see if it manages to convert the first burning application or not.

It should work on any conditions caused by player or NPC skills, although it’s hard to notice at times.

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

It works more often when you don’t know it.
People trying to Chill you, while they’re giving you Swiftness. Or people trying to Fear you, giving you Stability.
This trait is very annoying when you are fighting an engineer, but when you’re playing it you rarely notice it.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Transmute trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

It only works on application of the condition, it won’t convert existing conditions.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz