Vigor on Crit

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Why is it most other professions only need 1 (minor) trait to vigor on crit, yet Engineer has to dedicate too Major traits for vigor on crit?

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Engi has a vigor on crit trait?

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Why is it most other professions only need 1 (minor) trait to vigor on crit, yet Engineer has to dedicate too Major traits for vigor on crit?

We don’t have a Vigor on critical hit trait. And only Mesmer fits your description. That’s 1/8 professions; I would hardly constitute that as “most.”

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

We don’t have any direct vigor-on-crit traits, but we do have one trait that gives Swiftness on 50% of crits (5-second cooldown) and one that gives Vigor whenever Swiftness is gained. I think that’s what OP meant by ‘too (sic) Major traits.’

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Guardian and Mesmer have vigor on crits as a 5 point minor
Elementalist has vigor on crit as an adept trait
Ranger has +50% endurance regen as a 5 point minor
Engineer can combine Speedy Kits with Vigorous Infusion for perma vigor
Warriors can gain vigor when being critically hit (adept trait I think)

Those are all the vigor traits I can think of off the top of my head that aren’t gain vigor on heal or something similar.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

(edited by Berengar.6951)

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Actualy ours is more usefull. It requires one-two minor traits but it will always trigger when you apply swiftness (well at least with a 5-second cooldown). That ‘s usefull when you ’re low on health and need to keep the distance a little bit, as it enables you to rejoin the combat sooner. If it would be only trigger on crit, you ’d need to stay in their range and actually try to land a crit (which wouldn’t work most of the time as you ’re low on health and low on endurance). So it ’s actualy a little bit better. Swiftness is also a nice addition to help you come out on top.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Actualy ours is more usefull. It requires one-two minor traits but it will always trigger when you apply swiftness. That ‘s usefull when you ’re low on health and need to keep the distance a little bit, as it enables you to rejoin the combat sooner. If it would be only trigger on crit, you ’d need to stay in their range and actually try to land a crit (which wouldn’t work most of the time as you ’re low on health and low on endurance). So it ’s actualy a little bit better, as swiftness is also a nice addition to help you come out on top.

Both of those are major, not minor traits.

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Ah, now it get it. Well ok that ’s a different story … but what Minor Trait would you trade in for the change? Maybe trade it out with Hidden Flask?

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

gosh who wouldve thought classes are different

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

necros don’t have to spend any points for vigor.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: itamar.4690

itamar.4690

Engineers have acsess to easy perma swiftness+vigor so i dont see why you are complaining

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Maybe he doesn’t love kits or swapping them every 5 seconds. We shouldn’t be forced into using kits altogether, after all (despite being penalized by default for something that isn’t even the class mechanic).

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Mizstik.1736

Mizstik.1736

If it’s only vigor you want then yes it’s more costly. But for the cost you also get swiftness on crit (which sometimes means you don’t need to use up that endurance) and also the option to get vigor without crit which is useful in some places, such as vs. bloom tree bosses which are immune to crit.

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Maybe he doesn’t love kits or swapping them every 5 seconds. We shouldn’t be forced into using kits altogether, after all (despite being penalized by default for something that isn’t even the class mechanic).

Then use Infused Precision.

Also: How are kits not our class mechanic? No other class has them, and they’re easily the most recognizable aspect of the Engineer compared to other classes.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Then use Infused Precision.

I can, and i would still spend a total of 20 point to do so. Not what i would call a small investment, but still better than getting Adrenal Implant anyway.
Albeit, i find swapping kits every 5 second for that sole purpose annoying to say the least. I would rather prefer having it applying swiftness similarly to the flamethrower’s might than the current activation. But that’s just a personal preference.

Also: How are kits not our class mechanic? No other class has them, and they’re easily the most recognizable aspect of the Engineer compared to other classes.

Because our class mechanic is the toolbelt, not the kits.
It would be like saying that stances are the warriors’ class mechanic or that wells are the necromancers’ class mechanic or, well, take any different thing a class can do from the wiki and write that.

But unlike all those other classes, the penalities we get (main weapon dps reduction and lack of weapon swap) are for something we don’t have for granted, but rather for having those kits in our skillset.

Every elementalist has to bear the use of a single weapon, but all of them have got 4 attunements to make up for it. Whereas we already pay two prices for having the choice of spending utilities on kits, and the penalities are still there even if we don’t use kits at all.

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

So lets say i go a full turret build. 4 turrets…healing, net, rocket and flame. I have no kits but i still have a tool belt.
Turrets are as unique to the class as any of the kits but they are not our mechanic either.

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

gosh who wouldve thought classes are different

Exactly. We’re not all supposed to be the same. We have different strengths and weaknesses.

Engi have a number of ways to gain vigor & swiftness, with much better results than most professions imo. I’m happy with being able to trait for on demand perma-vigor/swiftness.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Vigor on Crit

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

So lets say i go a full turret build. 4 turrets…healing, net, rocket and flame. I have no kits but i still have a tool belt.
Turrets are as unique to the class as any of the kits but they are not our mechanic either.

Also, Elementalists have something that’s very similar in function (switching weapon skills to something different) to Kits as their class mechanic, and Conjure Utility skills to do the same with entirely different weapons (though they have a duration and ammo restriction, they do also have the ability to share them with allies).

(edited by Anymras.5729)