Why wouldn't this engi die? GOD?

in Engineer

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

SPVP

This engineer would not die. He had 4 people on him, and had like perm boons on him. I spectated and found he used…

the supply crate, pistol/shield and FT a wrench, and Elixir Gun. He used the healing turret.

IT was unreal!

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Posted by: Lumn.2951

Lumn.2951

Probably taking the -20% damage when cc’d trait and a lot of boon/protection duration runes, at least i’ve used similar set ups and generally don’t die very easily to just one or two people.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

SPVP

This engineer would not die. He had 4 people on him, and had like perm boons on him. I spectated and found he used…

the supply crate, pistol/shield and FT a wrench, and Elixir Gun. He used the healing turret.

IT was unreal!

Well you must spectate gear runes and traits also:-) With healing gear elixir gun can keep you alive very well

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: huwpewpew.6075

huwpewpew.6075

How many did he kill?

Guessing he was full bunker.

in Engineer

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

you can spectate gear and runes?

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

you can spectate gear and runes?

Mhmm, you can. In spectator mode you can see a player’s build, and gear. You may not know exactly how thy use it but you can see everything they are using. Another thing if you leave a match mid way the points you have earned do not just disappear they are applied to you account immediately so feel free to drop out of anything bother than a tourney to see what other players are using.

Edit:

Just my conjecture but something like this might work.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

bunker engi is nice, but guardian bunker > engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I have to disagree. Two bunker guardians versus two bunker engineers and engineers won. I got tired of losing on a test build (plus the video driver was acting up) so I switched to my bunker build that is similar to my wvw build around 4:10. We won every round. Guardians cried, “We can’t put out enough damage as bunkers.”

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

I have to disagree. Two bunker guardians versus two bunker engineers and engineers won. I got tired of losing on a test build (plus the video driver was acting up) so I switched to my bunker build that is similar to my wvw build around 4:10. We won every round. Guardians cried, “We can’t put out enough damage as bunkers.”

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Okay chaba you made your point :P

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Kitten forum 502 web proxy gateway error!

Chaba Tangnu

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Engi has more raw resistance, and a bit more cc. But thye are more fragile against spike damage IMHO.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

IMO in the right hands engi makes the best bunker. With perma vigor your dodges are insane and with the amount of water fields + blast finishers you have you outbreak almost anyone.

Oh and as far as toughness goes we are even with guardian, we win in the HP department though.

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

The only time people dont die is when your team lacks dps or is plain kitten.

2 strong dps take out any class with any build in the game

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Bunker engineers are good at cc, dodging and healing, but bunker guardians are way better at support, downed state control and blocking/invulns. So bunker engineers played very well can be better than a guardian at surviving 1v2 with no allies, but guardians are much better at bunkering on the midpoint or in a teamfight.

Also, if you were in a hotjoin and 4 people were attacking him, you never really know what that proves. It very well could be 4 people autoattacking with soldier’s amulet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Those guardians are not very good. I’m not trolling, I don’t see any serious skill being brought to bear. There was a severe lack of coordination of burst and CC. Please don’t hold this up as an example of how Engineer bunkers are better than Guardians. You don’t see top tier world class teams that pivot on an Engineer bunker the way they can on a Guardian.

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Grackleflint,
It was not intended. It is merely documentation of my experience fighting two bunker guardians to show why I disagree. It was not serious at all. No one was on VoIP. Most people playing are not in top tier world class teams either.

Chaba Tangnu

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Hmm… Guardian is a better team choice atm for sure, can’t argue there. In just random 1vX situations I feel like a well played engi is still stronger. The reason you see teams rely on there guardian is for the support and while engi provides decent support it’s not as good as guardian.

Also my bunker build is selfish for sure lol

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Just wait for the upcoming condi guardian bunkers. I think they’ll give Engies a run for their money.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

the 4 people were probably really bad.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Simple truth here was that the engineer was good and all four of you were terrible.

If you ever lose even 2v1 in this game you can be absolutely sure that both you and your team-mate played very, very poorly.

His weaknesses:

• Conditions (only 2 cleanses)
  • CC (one stunbreaker)

Honestly though, there were 4 of you, autoattack spam would have won you the fight…