Wolfineer.com - All Builds 100% Up to Date!

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Hello everyone,

My name is Wolfineer, I am a YouTuber and a guy that likes to write stuff to help others. I have a website pure for the Engineer profession with builds, guides, engineer changes etcetera. In the past few weeks I worked on the builds I have over at wolfineer.com to update them with whatever they needed. This could be more information, small build tweaks or a simple new video guide. I documented the changes in a special category on the website. This category is called ‘Build Changes’ and can be found here if you wish to check it out. I wanted to make sure the builds I had on there remained up to date as it would be a shame to let people pick up a build that simply lacks in a lot of ways.

If you are making use of one of the builds or have a spinoff of one which closely matches it, I suggest checking out the Build Changes to see if I changed anything major. The small information that is revealed gives you an idea what the changes are about so you can skip through them easily. I am of course not going to ‘spam’ this Subreddit if I make small changes as that would be ridiculous and very annoying to you guys. The reason I decided to share this is because I just went over everything and now I won’t have to do so in quite a while. If you wish to stay up to date I recommend you to check the website every once in a while or by following me on Twitter as I post the changes on there.

Thanks for your attention and have a good day.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Very nice work, thanks for all you do for the engineer community.

Just a small OCD nitpick-if you’re going for min/max for the grenadier build, why wouldn’t you take Sigil of force? Also, since bosses strip conditions, how can you cap vuln by yourself on bosses without +vuln duration? Finally, wouldn’t you want the +5 power infusions rather than just the +5 agony resist versatile infusions?

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Very nice work, thanks for all you do for the engineer community.

Just a small OCD nitpick-if you’re going for min/max for the grenadier build, why wouldn’t you take Sigil of force? Also, since bosses strip conditions, how can you cap vuln by yourself on bosses without +vuln duration? Finally, wouldn’t you want the +5 power infusions rather than just the +5 agony resist versatile infusions?

Force is a possibility you can take over Bloodlust if you wish, I do value the 250 additional Power though. Bosses don’t strip conditions that often and some don’t at all, you can maintain a high number of vulnerability with GK and Jump Shot with the rest of the group filling the others. If that is not something they can achieve, you can decide to grab Koi Cake for example to give you that 40% condition duration or even go Giver (+ Toxic Focusing Crystals). About the infusions, of course you can go for the power infusions, I simply don’t value the infusions that much.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i think you should have waited for the feature pack :X
4/15 was a long time ago, 9/9 is quite near now

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

i think you should have waited for the feature pack :X
4/15 was a long time ago, 9/9 is quite near now

Changes I made were mainly additional information. For example, some builds simply lacked skill explanations or trait explanations. I now added all that information to make people understand the build a lot better by reading about it.

The upcoming Feature Patch will most likely only change a few things or maybe cause me to add some additional information, nothing major I expect.

in Engineer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Builds don’t include Minegineer, I am insulted :P. In all seriousness though, I would say it’s a viable variant to the SD build you have and you might enjoy it if you’ve never tried it. Some of my choices probably aren’t optimal because I like to stick to my gimmick but with a few changes you should be fine. Overcharged Shot → Magnet → Minefield + Detonate → Prybar is surprisingly reliable.

Also, no I will not stop pushing this build because I think it’s hilarious.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Builds don’t include Minegineer, I am insulted :P. In all seriousness though, I would say it’s a viable variant to the SD build you have and you might enjoy it if you’ve never tried it. Some of my choices probably aren’t optimal because I like to stick to my gimmick but with a few changes you should be fine. Overcharged Shot -> Magnet -> Minefield + Detonate -> Prybar is surprisingly reliable.

Also, no I will not stop pushing this build because I think it’s hilarious.

I don’t find it as reliable as a typical TK/RT/UG setup nor a setup of TK/RT/EG. Sure, the power of playing that way can be incredibly good but it’s too easy to avoid I find personally.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

Love your site Wolfar! I’m new to engineers and you site has been very helpful…especially putting something together that doesn’t involve using grenade packs which I detest.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Too bad it still links to gw2skill.net, which is down.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Too bad it still links to gw2skill.net, which is down

Temporary down.

in Engineer

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

which of these builds would you recommend for someone who is relatively new to dungeons and/or pugging?

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

which of these builds would you recommend for someone who is relatively new to dungeons and/or pugging?

The Grenadier spec will serve you well. It’s one of the highest hitting damage specs for Dungeons currently.

in Engineer

Posted by: ezkie.7290

ezkie.7290

Hey Wolfar, good day, will you be updating your FT guide regarding PvE to reflect the changes of 9/9 patch?

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Hey Wolfar, good day, will you be updating your FT guide regarding PvE to reflect the changes of 9/9 patch?

Yes I will although I don’t expect major changes.