"leaked" patchnotes

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

http://pastebin.com/sXHq6fZt

These things have a tendency of getting out. Take it with a grain of salt however.

Engineer:
Bomb Kit – Bomb: Base radius increased from 120 to 180. Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives is increased to 240.
Bomb Kit – Fire Bomb: Base radius increased from 120 to 180. Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives is increased to 240.
Bomb Kit – Glue Bomb: Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives decreased from 360 to 300.
Kit Refinement – Magnetic Bomb: Radius when traited with Forceful Explosives decreased from 360 to 300.
Self-Regulating Defenses: This trait now functions with Fast-Acting Elixirs.
Hidden Flask: This trait now functions with Fast-Acting Elixirs.
Autodefense Bomb Dispenser: This trait now functions with Short Fuse.
Sharpshooter: Critical chance increased from 30% to 33%.
Metal Plating: Damage reduction has been increased from 30% to 33%.
Homing Torpedo: This skill will no longer fail to strike larger worm creatures.
Glue Bomb: Added an unblockable fact.
Smoke Vent: This skill now has a range indicator.
Steel Packed Powder:: Fixed a bug so that the vulnerability condition will be applied when is equipped on the grenade skill and not the Reserve Mines trait.
Elixir C: This skill now functions with Potent Elixirs.
Toss Elixir R: This skill now functions with Potent Elixirs. Resurrection has been normalized to 17%, from a random percentage chance (14-20%). Underwater version now functions the same as well.
Toss Elixir S: This ability now only grants stealth. Base duration of stealth increased to 5 seconds.
Toss Elixir B: This ability now grants stability to allies, in addition to a random boon. Base recharge increased to 30 seconds.
Elixir H: Normalized protection duration from 7 seconds to 6 when traited with Potent Elixirs.
Mine Field: Base explosion radius increased from 120 to 180.
Reserve Mines: Base explosion radius increased from 120 to 180.
Throw Napalm: This skill now leaves a fire field behind for 3 seconds when it lands that burns enemies for 1 second every second. Burning duration of Throw Napalm on impact reduced to 4 seconds from 5.
Rifle Turret – Automatic Fire: Bleeding has been removed. This ability now applies 8 seconds of vulnerability each hit.

Engineer turrets will now target whatever enemy was last hit by their owner whenever possible

Fixed a bug where stuns would always round up their duration to the nearest second if you had extra stun duration from items or trait

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

All player controlled minions. excluding Mesmer phantasm and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in a PvE map.

and ofcourse

Weapon skills that hide your weapon no longer hide your back item

discuss

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Toss Elixir B: This ability now grants stability to allies, in addition to a random boon. Base recharge increased to 30 seconds.

O_O I´m quite curious about that one… Stability … for us? A dream come true? O_O
… I hope the awakening won´t be too harsh…

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Im more curious about the stacking of conditions and boons. They say conditions and boons that stack in duration only do so 5×. And, then what? It doesnt apply till it runs out?

That would be aweful! I play a condition build and i can keep things like Burning and Poison up pretty much permanently. Now my stacks will just fall off. And how would that work with other peoples conditions? Some kitten puts up a few short burns/poisons and my long burn/poison suddenly dont register anymore?
And how would i actually know when the target has been saturated?

“Ow look, my long cooldown ability just did nothing. Great, now i know i shouldnt have wasted that…”

Not to mention what about abilities like Poison Dart Volley? Incendiary Ammo? These work by applying a duration stacking condition in rapid succession. So i would saturate a target with 1 PDV?
Heck if you read the tooltip for Blowtorch, that implies that it merely applies 3x 2sec burn instead of 1x 6sec burn at close range. And ofcourse Glueshot, and Gluebomb, and Box o Nails are included aswell. All aplying short duration pulses of Cripple.

And what about Speedy Kits? I use that for perma-swiftness, thats my “get around quick” thing. Would be annoying if i have to let it run out every 30sec.

No i do not like the sound of that at all.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

“Stun breakers now break blowouts and launch as well”

……sigh

My real question is with the reduction plus melandru wtf happens to conditions in wvw?

Edit

I will say though I know I shouldn’t say it. But looking at those patch notes I see a lot of warrior love for nerfing stuns that tiny bit.

Ohh and overall the patch looks pretty good for us.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I will take it with a grain of salt, however, if these turn out to be as true as the previous leaked notes then these two got me super excited:

Toss Elixir S: This ability now only grants stealth. Base duration of stealth increased to 5 seconds

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Huh, yeh. I think that´s got to do with some crying on the pvp forums about classes that can keep some buffs and conditions permanently up.
I´m not sure how this 5-stack thing will work out, though.

Personally, I wouldn´t mind too much. I´d see it as an invitation to try and get back to power builds…
But that´s just me

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

Hard to take leaked patch notes too seriously but the last set for class stuff was pretty bang on the money, so with that in mind…

Not too wild about it frankly. As a primarily PvE player, this seems like quite a huge smack instead of a “shave” like they were going with for sPvP and I have a sneaking suspicion that there are going to be loads of knock on consequences. Suppose I’m glad I’ve got the guardian kitted up nicely and most of the way to his legendary as I might end up playing that one more.

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

LOL what a buff!

Edit: Rifle Turret – Automatic Fire: Bleeding has been removed. This ability now applies 8 seconds of vulnerability each hit.

No more bleeding? :/

(edited by Penguin.5197)

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

Toss elixir S = poor man Shadow Refuge lol XD

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Looking forward to my stealth engie:

- Elixir S
- Blast finishers in Smoke Bomb, AutoDefense Bomb Dispenser,
- Cloaking Device

Too bad Smoke Vent isn’t a smoke field.

Not looking forward to capping condi’s to 5 stacks. Or did I read that wrong?

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

and ofcourse

discuss

Hm….a step in the right direction if true. But still a far cry from what I’ve been hoping for. The protest continues…..although now I get the feeling some of our number will be dropping out.

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

This is simply a zerg nerf. Retaliation and weakness already worked like this: maximum of 5 stacks in duration and then no more stacks before one stack expired. That does not mean the boon must expired completly. It is just one duration which have to expire before a new one can stack up in duration.

I always wondered why zergs stacked retaliation since this works already on this boon. Frozen armor is much better – but commanders seem to not know engineers.

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

As somebody who specializes in Turrets, much of this is meaningless to me (as I’m not sure what needed what done).

Things that caught my eye in the general notes, and why:

• Weapon skills that hide your weapon no longer hide your back item
    If they’re including Kits, then this may negate the Hobosack issue; I imagine turning off Show Back Item would allow those who wanted to see the Hobosack to, well, see the Hobosack. If this is true, then the rally turns into a thing about Legendaries and general attention not being given to the class.
  • Engineer turrets will now target whatever enemy was last hit by their owner whenever possible
    This will be useful, but I’m not sure how much more effective it’ll make Turrets; I just hope this means Turrets will attack World Bosses, really.
  • All player controlled minions. excluding Mesmer phantasm and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in a PvE map.
    I’m assuming this includes Turrets, in which case, great…but why the balls did it take so kittening long for them to go “Yeah, let’s almost double Minion HP in PvE?” Did they not realize this was an issue before now? Was the math difficult?

As for the changes actually given to us in particular, I think the Rifle Turret change is going to be more useful than the Bleed the Rifle Turret currently brings to bear – for a dedicated Turret Engineer, this is potentially…lessee, pretend the fire rate bug’s been fixed, which (if my math is right, I’m not sure it is) should have the Turret firing about every 1.3 seconds, each Vulnstack lasts 8 seconds…1.3, 2.6, 3.9, 5.2, 6.5, 7.8 – I think that’s six stacks of Vulnerability being taken advantage of by the other turrets and party members?

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

stability on B and fast acting elixirs working on hidden flask, I like it. and the bombkit radius thing too. I hope stability on toss b is at least 4 seconds tho.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

"leaked" patchnotes

in Engineer

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

As a reminder, we remove threads which are speculation and not accurate. When you come across things like this, you have to remember that nothing is set in stone until we release it to the public.