looking for WvW FT/EG build

in Engineer

Posted by: Priest.8752

Priest.8752

As the title says, I’m looking for a FT/EG build that will work running in a large guild group (generally 20+) in tier 1 going against zergs. I’m relatively new to engineer, having spent most of my time on guardian. I know Amodeus had a build posted with the EG/FT, but it seemed more appropriate for soloing than zerg busting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I came up with the following, but since I’m at work I’m not sure if this is updated with the latest changes from yesterday. I assume it isn’t. I also think I’m missing something, but not sure what. One last, I don’t have ascended yet so any suggestions please don’t list ascended.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.0|a.1h.h1h.e.1h.h5|0.0.0.0.0.0|1b.719.1b.719.1b.719.1b.719.1b.719.1b.719|1h.62.1h.62.1b.62.1h.62.1b.62.1h.62|a5.u48b.0.k17.a6|0.0|2b.2v.2w.2m.30|e

Lord Deaths Embrace – SoR – HL

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

doesnt look bad at all

in Engineer

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

The build calculator at intothemists.com has the updated stats, so you mind want to try checking your build there to see if there’s any changes.

For instance, here’s a build I’ve been playing around with ever since the patch .

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I don’t run an FT build as much anymore, but what you have is close to what I ran. Difference is I roll with the Medkit for fury + swiftness boost + some condi removal, Toolkit for pull + prybar on runners, Elixir S for escape + running into towers under attack (works well when combined with toolkit shield and stabilize), and the FT. When defending tower gates, I will swap out Elixir S for the Elixir Gun and medkit for healing turret. This helps me keep the pressure on while absorbing AOEs + retaliation. I also tend to swap medkit for healing turret just before entering battle and using up the stimulant. Gear is pretty much the same. I recall doing around 1400 dmg per flame jet if I maintain 100% connection.

I don’t know about the new patch. They moved traits around so it’s possible to max out your FT build without spending a full 30 pnts into Firearms, but then again having the full 30 in firearms lets you deal more crits and condi damage so that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

I would swap the Elixr H our for Healing Turret if you plan to run with a group! That will give you ½sec water field and a 3 sec water field, which you can use you blast Finishers in to do AOE healing for the group! Also, you friends will be able to do that as well, so you will bring a lot more team support that way! also the overcharge remove 2x conditions from friends as well!

in Engineer

Posted by: Skitza.4069

Skitza.4069

FT can do well in large fights for sure but it is a power kit not a condition kit. EG has condi stuff but isn’t that good of an offensive kit either so I’m not sure why you are stacking so much condition damage. With no stun break and that low of hps/toughness I wouldn’t want to get into FT range vs any large number of people. Get soldiers gear and trinkets or get some knights stuff.

Also I’ve never ran in a large group and not had perma swiftness from nothing more than med kit and aoe swiftness from other classes so speedy kits is a waste skill points that brings nothing to the build and more than that even it has reverse synergy with juggernaut because you’ll constantly lose might because you’re trying to keep your swiftness up.

edit: just remembered EG stunbreak comments stand though too squishy for zerg fighting at FT range.

(edited by Skitza.4069)

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

For Zerg work then I tend to use a 10/30/0/30/0 HGH might stacking build. Take Elixir H and B with the EG and FT. If you take might duration runes then you should easily be able to sit at a consistent 13-18 stacks of might.

Now that the FT/EG traits have have all be knocked down a tier you could use something like a 20/20/0/30/0 and use Acidic Elixirs (boon removal) + 3 stacks of might on heal trait. I’ll need to play around with this to see if it’s worth loosing the extra crit chance for the increase in power and the 3 extra stacks of might.

So long as you’re not running around in full ’zerker gear then charging head first into a zerg is fine. You want to make sure you position yourself just behind you front liners then just charge through the enemy zerg from the side. The key is not to stop until you get to the other side and to keep near your guardians/warrior front liners. Since most zergs will dump their AoE in front of them, your best bet is to double roll through, then start flaming their squishy back liners.

in Engineer

Posted by: Priest.8752

Priest.8752

Thanks for the tips!

As an aside, I’ve always thought of the HGH of more of a solo/small man build. Would it work well in a zerg setting? If so, what kind of gear would you use? Assuming not so much condi gear if running EG and FT? Pistol/Pistol I know is condi gear damage.

p.s. enjoyed your vids Amadeus

Lord Deaths Embrace – SoR – HL

(edited by Priest.8752)

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

If I’m running EG/FT with HGH then I use my PVT armour set with two hoelbrek, two fire and two strength runes for the 20% might stacking (60% in total) and a mix between ruby and emerald accessories. Weapon wise I use two berserker pistols, one with a fire sigil and the other with a strength sigil. The pistols are mostly there for duel sigils, though they still pack a reasonable punch.

in Engineer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I`m not happy with PvT, even in zergs, the damage output is mediocre at best. So I survive, but hitting for 200-300 (pistol) is meh.

Bombs are a no, since a good zerg will not stay put. FT is a joke vs good players also, and the limited range makes it unusable on the current borderlands.

What`s left.. rifle, decent single target, bad at tagging people.. EG too low damage, more of a control / heal option.

Need to do more tests .

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

meta in wvw right now dosent need them. there are much better classes, after this patch.

10 warriors
10 necroses

gg

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

This is what I’m currently using on my FT/EG Engineer in zergs.

Swap out Healing Turret for Med Kit when you need more Water fields. If you’re bad at running SE, you can swap out Runes of the Forge for 5/6 Warrior and 1 of something else.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I`m not happy with PvT, even in zergs, the damage output is mediocre at best. So I survive, but hitting for 200-300 (pistol) is meh.

Direct damage from your pistol will always be mediocre regardless of what insignia you wear.

Soldier gear has Power as its main attribute, so you should still be sitting on close to 3,000 Attack in a full set. Use Maintenance Oil and Drop Stimulant to lift your low Precision. I sit around 45% when all is said and done, with 24K HP and 3K Armor. It’s a good insignia; you just have to build around it.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

The key to zerg play with the flamer is omnomberry compotes and sigil of restoration. Works best if you have a large health pool. You tag so many people with the flamer that when enemies start dying you will be swimming in health. pvt gear with some zerker trinkets works well. Take elixir C also as you accrue conditions very quickly in the initial charge, and you can change these straight into boons its also good to have a shield handy so that you can blast water fields.

Check out the build I’m using here, you might find bits of it useful (see bottom of main post for what I use in zerg v zerg)-
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Flamethrower-Elixir-Gun-Rifle-build/2303205