1 v X Roaming???

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Damash.1074

Damash.1074

Im thinking about rolling a Guardian too and i really want to do some Solo/small group Roaming… And i want to be able to do 1 v X fights… So is guardian good for these things???

Alpha Alex

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Any class can win these fights because the people that play WvW are terrible. Is guardian the best class for this? Maybe not, but it’s certainly capable.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Damash.1074

What do you think is the best class for this?

Alpha Alex

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Klat.5846

Klat.5846

While any class can do 1v1, if you really just wanna focus on solo/small group roaming, then Mesmers are pretty awesome with that except you’re gonna hate not having perma-swiftness. Otherwise Thieves are good too.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

As a guardian that plays WvW a chunk i will say this: My standard WvW build is designed to be a beast when fighting in a large group. I’m near impossible to take down and can buff left and right making things very difficult for attackers. With that same set up and shifting from staff to hammer (and leaving GS) I can do some serious peck damage in 1v1 fights to most players, and (obviously) destroy up-levels. I can even hold my own and possibly win some 1v2 or 1v3 depending on the skill of the other players. Once it gets to 1v4+ though, you can have them be the kitten iest players you’ve ever met and sooner or later they will catch you on cool down and eat you alive. For solo roaming I found my engie and thief to be best followed by my necro.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

As a guardian that plays WvW a chunk i will say this: My standard WvW build is designed to be a beast when fighting in a large group. I’m near impossible to take down and can buff left and right making things very difficult for attackers. With that same set up and shifting from staff to hammer (and leaving GS) I can do some serious peck damage in 1v1 fights to most players, and (obviously) destroy up-levels. I can even hold my own and possibly win some 1v2 or 1v3 depending on the skill of the other players. Once it gets to 1v4+ though, you can have them be the kitten iest players you’ve ever met and sooner or later they will catch you on cool down and eat you alive. For solo roaming I found my engie and thief to be best followed by my necro.

Could I see the build?
I’ve seen Guardians running into zerg and surviving for like 10 seconds, don’t know how though.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Could I see the build?
I’ve seen Guardians running into zerg and surviving for like 10 seconds, don’t know how though.

4 dodges with 2 sigils of energy. shelter + renew focus. there you go

Roleplayer.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: deathklock.4961

deathklock.4961

How do guardians match up against a mesmer in a 1vs1 fight against each other?

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Damash.1074

Its simple… We kill the mesmer

Alpha Alex

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Depends on the Mesmer. Generally a good Engie and Mesmer are the hardest things to beat. All the other classes are fairly simple to beat.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Running the build seen in boon’s video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSTe9PxId3s

I rarely lose 1v1’s. Be it, the general skill across WvW players is not very high. But, I have learned that the best way to counter any type of class, is to burn em down quick and cause them to pop all their tricks early, just to keep from being bursted down.

Also me and my guard friend run this same build, and win 2v2’s, 2v3’s and 2v4’s all the time. When my condi warrior friend joins us, we can do 3v6’s, 3v7’s by targeting the key members in a group and bursting them down at the start of the fight. Caution, to run this build, you better know the guardian class like the back of your hand. It is not a tanky build, you must be crafty once you pass the early phase of the fight.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

(edited by Cat Has Ducks.1982)

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Marvelous.6940

Marvelous.6940

Running the build seen in this video:
Also me and my guard friend run this same build, and win 2v2’s, 2v3’s and 2v4’s all the time. When my condi warrior friend joins us, we can do 3v6’s, 3v7’s by targeting the

I rarely lose 1v1’s. Be it, the general skill across WvW players is not very high. But, I have learned that the best way to counter any type of class, is to burn em down quick and cause them to pop all their tricks early, just to keep from being bursted down.
key members in a group and bursting them down at the start of the fight. Caution, to run this build, you better know the guardian class like the back of your hand. It is not a tanky build, you must be crafty once you pass the early phase of the fight.

can u link this build with traits, etc ? Please

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Running the build seen in this video:
Also me and my guard friend run this same build, and win 2v2’s, 2v3’s and 2v4’s all the time. When my condi warrior friend joins us, we can do 3v6’s, 3v7’s by targeting the

key members in a group and bursting them down at the start of the fight. Caution, to run this build, you better know the guardian class like the back of your hand. It is not a tanky build, you must be crafty once you pass the early phase of the fight.

can u link this build with traits, etc ? Please

He runs 10 30 30 0 0. Full zerker with valk weapons. I run a similar burst build, but with a bit more survivability. I think its a good place to start.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQRAsf7dlUgiDnGyNEfIFRuArHA8g+DXw1DIGxGC-jUyA4rBRTQgILhmKAk+KiGbzoIas6aM9JRUtPhIqWGA9tA-w

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

The build in that video is discussed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-F975Lqek
You can skip around the vid to see the traits

EDIT: I was about to say you linked a ranger build lol. Nice edit.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

(edited by Cat Has Ducks.1982)

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

EDIT: I was about to say you linked a ranger build lol. Nice edit.

Hehehe btw boons, youre the guy who got me interested in playing burst guardian. Lots of fun! No one expects guards to put out damage like that either.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Oh my bad. I am not boons. I just run his build. Sorry if I gave the impression that was my build. I just use it to the best of my abilities. I intend to upload videos that I have recorded, but will give credit to boons!

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Maybe roll a warrior Had to get it in. No seriously. I was in the EB JP yesterday messing around, has was some YB and SB folks at various levels of the map. Ran into a group of 5 above the arena and this warrior was a real piece of work. I tried to tag and group to chat but he or her declined sadly because I really wanted to know his/her traits.

Basically I’m in my DPS set because I was just putzing around. Anyway, he points so I know a fight is coming. I jump first and uncork dps (sword/focus, then swap over to GS). Nothing, ok – so he knew I was starting. He unloads and I back off, mitigate what I can, start dancing. He stays on me, and I see his buds coming. I go next round of DPS since cool-downs started to unlock and I get maybe 1/4 of his health or less at best before they take me out.

Don’t get how that was even remotely balanced when that warrior was able to mitigate so much and still do some damage. I’m sure I’ll run into him/her later this week out there and will try to get the 411 because while I’m usually a no big deal sort of fella that one fight really chapped my hide

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Try fighting that warrior build….
This is the one that is a pain in the kitten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27zP2eK_TFk

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Try fighting that warrior build….
This is the one that is a pain in the kitten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27zP2eK_TFk

Watching it now. I really wish I grabbed a few screen shots. I mean no one was being @sshats or such, just that build/trait or whatever really caught me off guard (no pun intended). And I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the most skilled player. So running DPS isn’t the smartest thing I do. I usually play it safe with healaway’s build – lol.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: darreljnz.8951

darreljnz.8951

I find Guard doesn’t have enough snares to stop your victim from escaping unless you spec for it (i.e. hammer/scepter with signets). Another alternative is to burst them before they realise they need to escape – which we don’t generally do well at either. I’d say better choices are any other class except maybe Necro’s.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Damash.1074

I want to do Roaming in WvW… Solo Roaming! Cuz ill manage in PvE =]
So people say Mesmer Thief or Warrior… So can you guys tell me which one is better for what situations in WvW Roaming??? And which one is the best overal

Alpha Alex

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Could I see the build?

Its a o/o/30/30/10 with runes that bump my boon duration up by a chunk. By using the staff in a large group I can go from almost no health back to full health and be a total jerk with the wall and area attack off of the staff while switching to GS for small bursts of damage when my group starts to dogpile someone.

This doesn’t have everything in my build, just some of the key aspects regarding the runes on my gear. I still plan on kitting out my accessories to jack my boon duration even more. Also, I am using a full set of armor from Dwayna.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUIQJAWRlYg67mFyKEf4ERWhVi9AjZsjXPSoDZIA-jkABFhDRr6KsA-w

You could probably go full clerics or knights and have similar results in large groups.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

This is my favourite guardian 1vX roaming build.

Notes:
1. This is only exotic version, you can add Ascended stuff and try to maintain some key stats.
2. Superior Rune of the Traveller should be used to get the 25% movement speed.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR7dlUgSDHHyNEf4ERli4pPMFVMjXPgYEbIA-jUyAYLBZiCMRIQZvioxW1Ei0LYqSBZdZS9JFRrWKABFGB-w

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

So people say Mesmer Thief or Warrior… So can you guys tell me which one is better for what situations in WvW Roaming??? And which one is the best overal

Imo best roaming classes = Warrior Thief Mesmer Engi

Best imo = Warrior/Thief then followed by Mesmer/Engi

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

@darreljnz pretty much hit the nail on the head.

You can roam well with a guard. However you wont catch much of anything as we just do not have the snares for it on an extremely mobile set.

Any class can roam well and easily save necro (though they do roam from time to time). That being said a well played thief will simply survive more situations than any other class. The reason is simple. If a small group sees an ultra mobile warrior likely no one will catch him. If it is a zerg there is a good chance of getting caught. Same with ranger mesmer etc. Thief with a well played stealth build (doesn’t have to be D/P) and shadowstep as long as the thief doesn’t over extend will not go down. It really is that simple. This leads to making builds that are slightly glassier but still have enough survivability and mobility to remain a threat vs running away solely. 1 v x has its limits so if you want the guaranteed, “20 man zerged just poppped on me oh kitten gotta run class”, it really is thief.

As far as roaming guardian. Learn how to target bunnies :-)

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

P.E.T.A is not going to approve that message!!!!

;)

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Damash.1074

Imo best roaming classes = Warrior Thief Mesmer Engi

Best imo = Warrior/Thief then followed by Mesmer/Engi

Which one should i choose if i want to Complete _ SOLO ROAM_ and especially do 1 v X if possbible? Which one fits best Warrior or Thief?

I got a Forum thread for this, Cuz i really cant choose which one i should choose now… Thief or Warrior??? Or maybe Mesmer https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Classes-Classes-Everywhere-O/first#post3073243

Alpha Alex

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

P.E.T.A is not going to approve that message!!!!

;)

Now you listen here I don’t take out those bunnies for the fun of it or to just get around. Those bunnies…..they can be dangerous. You have been warned.

Attachments:

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Lol…that is fitting. You sir, made my day.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Well, that’s no ordinary rabbit. That’s the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

One of the most difficult parts of roaming as a guard 1vX is like the others said, lack of soft cc or swiftness up-time, most classes can simply disengage and come back with more health if its multiple opponents, IMO anyway.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

My current setup for solo roaming for camps/sentries/dolyaks

15/25/30/0/0, knight armour/traveler rune, with zerker trinkets, GS/ Sword&focus

Beats:
Rangers
Mesmars
Guardian
Necromancers

Toss-up:
Elementilist
Thieves

Loses:
Engineers
Warriors

1v2+ is almost impossible since the CD rely on bursting your single target and leaves you open against the other. The tradeoff is instantly capping camps which is what you want to do, get in and get out before the swords appear.

actually now that I think about it, I should run 10/25/30/0/5

(edited by Charak.9761)

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Cassiel.8762

Cassiel.8762

15/25/30/0/0, knight armour/traveler rune, with zerker trinkets, GS/ Sword&focus

Beats:
Rangers
Mesmars
Guardian
Necromancers

Toss-up:
Elementilist
Thieves

Loses:
Engineers
Warriors

1v2+ is almost impossible since the CD rely on bursting your single target and leaves you open against the other. The tradeoff is instantly capping camps which is what you want to do, get in and get out before the swords appear.

Can I have some tips for speedcapping on guardian? Everytime I try to do that blinds just ruin my day.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Beats:
Rangers
Mesmars
Guardian
Necromancers

Toss-up:
Elementilist
Thieves

Loses:
Engineers
Warriors

Can I have some tips for speedcapping on guardian? Everytime I try to do that blinds just ruin my day.

Scout the area.
Pull archers out either by staff or scepter, or just moving close.
Wall of reflect once you have their attention.
Wait…
Use weapon of choice – I will usually sword 2 in, burst, swap to GS, dead
Scout again, pick melee guards.
Engage camp super – if they had the buff, it should be off now or you time it.

Main thing is to pull only what you can handle, quick. Scouting is because if your server or realm mates play like me, they will know others do similar tactics and wait. I’ve been able to hide in odd places picking off people who don’t pay attention

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

If you want to better chase and probably even finish off some of the better roaming classes get used to running GS/Hammer med build.

Hammer #5+IJ followed by GS burst WILL kill most thieves and squishes assuming their utilities are down, which they should, since they are running from you.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

@Charak – how do you run with so little HP? and yes, i was going to suggest 10/25/30/0/5 : )) though i do have some vit from gear, etc.

i will have to say that Traveler runes definitely made a nice little impact on roaming for Guardians. never felt we had THAT big of a problem, not saying they don’t exist though especially with the amount of resetting that various classes can do, but this helps give us a nice little edge. : )) quite enjoying them.

and @Hunter – agreed hammer + GS meds is a nice combo. though there are many times when i miss my sword 2 port as well (but then you miss out on quite a few CCs from the hammer).

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

@Charak – how do you run with so little HP? and yes, i was going to suggest 10/25/30/0/5 : )) though i do have some vit from gear, etc.

i will have to say that Traveler runes definitely made a nice little impact on roaming for Guardians. never felt we had THAT big of a problem, not saying they don’t exist though especially with the amount of resetting that various classes can do, but this helps give us a nice little edge. : )) quite enjoying them.

and @Hunter – agreed hammer + GS meds is a nice combo. though there are many times when i miss my sword 2 port as well (but then you miss out on quite a few CCs from the hammer).

The medi heal and virtue work nicely, also crit lifesteal foodbuff is only 1s
It also helps to have guard defense, 20 more ranks to finish it off for the vit boost for me.

After using travelers, I don’t like not using it, the passive 25% helps roaming so much, I dont have to swap for retreat, I have my bane/smite/ji always up at each each cap point.

For most camps, there’s always spot to line of sight and pull them all to you into one spot, then you just nuke em all with everything. 10K whirlwinds against multiple targets, yea it works out quite well.

1 v X Roaming???

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Here is some basic arithmetic for you:
1vX = Mesmer/Thief

The reason is that they can make people lose target lock. A lot.

Edit: Engineer is also capable of this, but they tend to take a LOT more skill to play.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)