15th October Patch - Notes and Discussion

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

The fury change to meds is a joke for spvp where you cant get any kind of real buff or fury duration and where you cant get 15 seconds of fury easily from Save yourselves + buffduration.

Are you really saying that SY is “better” than the new focused mind? I mean, SY is ok and all but right now using SY in a teamfight means, most likely, death. Unless you’re running bunker. Anyhow, if you want a safe source of fury without having to change your runes, focused mind does the trick.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The fury change to meds is a joke for spvp where you cant get any kind of real buff or fury duration and where you cant get 15 seconds of fury easily from Save yourselves + buffduration.

Are you really saying that SY is “better” than the new focused mind? I mean, SY is ok and all but right now using SY in a teamfight means, most likely, death. Unless you’re running bunker. Anyhow, if you want a safe source of fury without having to change your runes, focused mind does the trick.

Its definitely not, fury on meditations is extraordinary in pvp. Save yourselves cd is much too long to be used consistently.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

Yeah, i totally forgot about the long-kitten cooldown on SY, most meditations have 40ish secs cds, meanwhile, traited smite condition is on a 16 sec cd, which is way more reliable for bursting and general fighting than shouting SY. Plus, there’s a 2k heal if you run monk’s focus.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Going to put my 2cents out here. The fury on Meditations is too short, if it were a group-wide buff of fury then that might make sense but seeing as it only applies to the user, 4 seconds is too short considering 3/4 meditations are on long cool-downs.

The changes to Hallowed Ground aren’t worth taking because the Cool-down is still too long and promotes stagnant game play. I can see myself possibly running Purging Flames but again, stagnant game-play comes into it and makes it that much less desirable.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

I think everyone finds the fury on meditations at least a bit too short, but it does come in handy for most people that don’t want/don’t like to run PoV/AH. Also, the cd on hallowed ground is indeed laughable, SYG is so much better, it is not even funny.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Going to put my 2cents out here. The fury on Meditations is too short, if it were a group-wide buff of fury then that might make sense but seeing as it only applies to the user, 4 seconds is too short considering 3/4 meditations are on long cool-downs.

The changes to Hallowed Ground aren’t worth taking because the Cool-down is still too long and promotes stagnant game play. I can see myself possibly running Purging Flames but again, stagnant game-play comes into it and makes it that much less desirable.

Look at fury on meditations like this, it gives you the opportunity to land some mean burst damage. Its meant to be timed, so if you mess up your rotation and strategy, you use up your fury. It synergizes well with judges intervention and smite condition, less so with cop and merciful intervention because of how you use them.

1h sword, scepter and torch already hit hard in pvp. Now you have a extra 20% crit rate on demand to land big hitters.

Both hallowed grounds and purging flames have a lot of potential that players will eventually discover.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Berserker meditation guardian is one of the best professions in this game.

Guardian needs little changes, a few tweaks here and there, like increasing the accuracy of sword 3, decreasing the cooldowns on shield skills.

This class surely does not need a major buff, it is already strong as it is right now. Any major buff would make guardian dominate all the other classes.

Quit your whining really, it’s getting annoying.

General statement! You mean in all aspects of the game?

He doesn’t know what he means Brutaly… trolls rarely ever do. Has something to do w/ a brain the size of a peanut… or something..

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Except the only burst available is through Smite condition which again, is the only short cd meditation. Four seconds is not nearly enough, especially when given to just yourself. Again, if it were group-wide, 4 seconds could be justified. Not to mention that this wasn’t exactly the problem to begin with.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

@Exedore, I understand what you mean but it added another level of micromanagement that shouldn’t be necessary, especially when other professions don’t have to worry so much about walking in and out of their own fields. Unless you’re taking wide turns in and out of the field, you’d be strafing on the spot anyway to maximise its potential condition removal which is essentially the same as standing in the middle of it, enemy AoE-wise. If you weren’t strafing on the spot, you’d be lucky to get three conditions removed from it anyway.
I still prefer my suggestion for it but each to their own.

Due to goofy mechanics, it often counted enter and exit as separate events and would often drop 2 conditions every time you crossed the edge of the ring.

Your suggestion is good as well. I was just saying the old one was better than the new one. Anything that promotes positional play is good. The new Purging Flames does a terrible job at that because the -20% condition duration effect is pitiful. And I much prefer the short period of constant cleanses to one up-front cleanse. We already have other abilities that have up-front cleansing.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

RIP my guard and time to dust off my war.
its been 2.1k hour fun play time

I’ll finish to building up my war too. More options, and maybe even more support than guard. This is sad.

same.. 3/4 of my hours are for the guardian.. and i have 4 pg lv 80 xD

but i don’t wanna to change for the warrior.. i will continue to play the guardian and leave my warrior for wvw.. but this situation sucks…

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Funny that we previously had two relatively good sources of condition removal that were both actually bugs…. It was tough enough with the bugs going…

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

re: the “stagnant” gameplay of consecrations.. heh, what about a trait for consecrations that the consecration followed your Guardian with every step?

okay. i’ll admit, i only had PF and HG in mind. a walking Wall of reflect would be nuts. or sanctuary. haha nvm. carry on, carry on.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

walking sanctuary + leap of faith – I’d love to see that in a zerg

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

akamon.2769

:DDD now we’re talking.

the new meta:

Attachments:

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I like that, i like it a lot!

Sitting at my office and laughing out loud, my employees probably think im crazy, or at least more crazy than before.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

But tbh. Purging flames and hallowed ground would be much more worth if they were self centered. Why not let consecrated ground increase the area of consecrations instead of making them ranged.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

the new meta:

chuckle, you silly guard you

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

LOL. pop shelter and just start using every movement ability we have. Also, would make MI pretty freaking awesome for combos, jump to someone, heal them, and knock everyone away.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Mesmers got to have a day of glorious fall damage bombing – perhaps we could have a day of Zorbing with Shelter

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Akamon, if I could fist-bump you with the explode at the end with sound effects, I would.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Considering the cool down it might even be pretty balanced, lol. Actually cant stop laughing even though i seen it earlier today.

Probably the best post ever in these forums!

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I think Akamon may have just won the Internet. Guess we can close up shop and say that we did good.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

the new meta:

I am okay with this.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

akamon.2769

lol, glad you guys all enjoyed this as much as i did “creating” it.

oh, the possibilities for our class!!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall