A bit bored ofcurrent meta options: help!!!!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhaegar.5120

Rhaegar.5120

After returning to GW2 I picked up my old guardian and I must admit I’m getting a bit bored with the current meta options (condi builds? mmmm never been too convinced so I won’t even consider them).

The AH is ok but I find it a bit tedious. The Medi build and its variations are great but as soon as I step into a larger scenario I find myself being next to useless.

Is there any other useful build that isn’t Medi or AH?

Many thanks for any help

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Go man mode, roam with a pve build. 4/6/2/0/2, berserker with scolar runes. yolo.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Depends on what you’re looking for. When it comes to support, I haven’t ran an AH build in months in PvP or WvW. In my view, x/x/x/6/6 is almost better in everyway, sure AH builds have some slight advantages. However, these few advantages aren’t worth it in the current meta.

When it comes DPS you pretty much have to go AH or Medi, if not, you lack the sustain to be useful. There are some builds out there that’ll work, however they require certain group comps and really wouldn’t be that effect alone.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhaegar.5120

Rhaegar.5120

apologies…I forgot to mention that the build I’m looking for is WvW focused
some kind of hybrid dps/support would be awesome!!!!

@Harbinger: what makes AH dps superior?
thanks

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Op you are bored because guardian is freaking broken and dull, when anet made guardian class decided to ruin the flavor and mix all the vegetables in a big pile of salad kitten, and then decided to add a hot sauce every 5th spoon (every 3rd if traited!)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

apologies…I forgot to mention that the build I’m looking for is WvW focused
some kind of hybrid dps/support would be awesome!!!!

@Harbinger: what makes AH dps superior?
thanks

AH dps is much better in group situations than medi. AH dps can also bring support (since you’ll be most likely running shouts), and your survivability will be greater. Medi will give you higher dps output and burst, however they don’t really fair as well in group environments.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Pitman.9210

Pitman.9210

Op you are bored because guardian is freaking broken and dull, when anet made guardian class decided to ruin the flavor and mix all the vegetables in a big pile of salad kitten, and then decided to add a hot sauce every 5th spoon (every 3rd if traited!)

That was wonderful.

(edited by Pitman.9210)

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

AH dps is much better in group situations than medi. AH dps can also bring support (since you’ll be most likely running shouts), and your survivability will be greater. Medi will give you higher dps output and burst, however they don’t really fair as well in group environments.

yup what Harbinger said. Medi for solo or very small teams (less than 5). AH for bigger groups. 10+. AH/Shouts scales very very well as groups get bigger.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont fully agree

ah works on 5 allies so there is not much difference between big group to small group
the main difference is shouts support your team while meditation support you
but both can work well at the same environment

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i dont fully agree

ah works on 5 allies so there is not much difference between big group to small group

Problem sometimes is to have those 4 allies (the 5th is the player). :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i dont fully agree

Well AH has a certain range and if your team mates (in a small 5 person team) stray out of range you dont get the full benefit of AH. Also if 1 or 2 die in a small scale fight you immediately lose effectiveness whereas Medi maintains constant effectiveness. Thats why i said 10+ because you can always count on 5 allies close to you even if they are not from your actual party.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "