Any wvw solo roaming builds?

in Guardian

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

So I mainly solo roam in wvw on my guard, and am yet to come across any actual solo roaming build? Is there any? What are you guys finding effective? Link me some builds :P

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Guardian

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

oh yeah , diversity and polymorphism on traits in www is a fact !!!

today i tried the trait with shouts that convert 1 conditions to a boon and i did the mistake to use in a havoc fight the save your selves skill. i filled up with 6-7-8 conditions ( i lost the count, i drawn all conditions from my allies on me ) and two times i tried to remove them with cleanssisle bolts or heals and i died with all of them on me after 2 seconds .

i kittened off and i get to pve . i retuned with same armors / weapons , but mediations build /skills and i never died again from conditions …..

lol . this update should renamed to : Meditation Full Update Travelers Pack

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Check out the stickies, you can find the most common roaming builds in harbingers wvw guide.

Reborn, if you are going to use SyS you need the setup/build for it and also you need to set it up properly in your game play. Its one of our best support skills in the current meta so being able to use it and have the skill to use it is definitely one of the trademarks of a good guardian in wvw. I suggest you try again, a meditation guardian brings very little to the table in zerg/large group composition.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Not too big of a fan of SyS if you’re using it for a pure shout build due to the possibility of killing yourself and PoV is insufficient. I prefer this skill when it’s used with melandru runes, saffron bread/poultry soup, and/or purging flames to greatly reduce the duration of taken conditions. On my melandru set up, I can take like 4-5 kinds of conditions and mostly shrug them off.

As for solo roaming, meditations are superior since you have nobody to support with your shouts anyways. I don’t roam, but when I do: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRArd5flsApcodDxaI8DRh/Qkj1HFB4cdZ4HA-T1RBwAXV+tT9HU6HOu/gmHCAgzAgZlgBAQAoNP6NP6NLDwyWA-w

(I don’t want to spend money on traveler runes or new sigils; I think I actually have fire sigils because I don’t have dedicated roam weapons and I can’t be bothered to care. ). Also, I sacrificed meditation-fury burst for purity to deal with conditions for ; sue me— I already have 68% crit anyways and fury is even less appealing with the ferocity nerf these days in addition to everyone using conditions.

It’s also useful for making it to a zerg and not getting picked off since you can retrait freely these days.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR8dlsApcoVDxbI8DRR8QlZK+iW9BVFAX/DBROA-T1RBABXp87G1fCc/BU0NoxFBAgnAgZKBDAgAwNH6NH6NvZpAGVZE-w

That build right there is the best 1v1 combat build that I know of across all classes. In 1 on 1 fights and in the hands of a good player its all but un-beatable. I didn’t make it Xara did but my god its op.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

wanted to say about my “dervishy” build I’m working on but seems that 3 variations of similar idea were already posted sooo

(hmm does I again started to work on reinventing the circle? :P)

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

This is what I use, I don’t have any trouble in WvW