Best Race for Guardian??

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Q:

I’m going to roll a Guardian and want to know what everyone thinks the best race is for that profession based on:

1) racial skills
2) look (attack animations, in armor, etc)
3) feel (storyline, makes sense, etc)

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

1) Charr (charrzooka)
2) human
3) only tried human so not sure but i liked it

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Charr by miles. They get an actual ranged weapon!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

It doesn’t actually matter all that much.

“Come on, hit me!”

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Norn
Charr
Human
Sylvari
Asura

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Human is better.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Seems like everyone has a different opinion. Why do you prefer human or norn or charr? Any have racial abilities that synergize well with Guardian?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumzk.2768

Lumzk.2768

Sylvari! Because of the whole gotta save everything thingy going on.
After that i´d say Humans, the noble race of Tyria.

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

Asura
Reason: [Radiation Field] + [Mighty Blow] = Self AoE Weakness Combo

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Sarim.3296

Sarim.3296

I like my Sylvari, the race brings some nice utility and elite skills to the guardian.

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Cezton.2415

Cezton.2415

Suits Human the best.

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Tomkatt.1684

Tomkatt.1684

Any race should be fine, but currently due to a bug with Sanctuary, Norn and Charr are best. Sanctuary is currently bugged and the bubble and knockback range is affected by character size.

I wouldn’t really factor racial abilities, they don’t matter, and none are powerful enough to sway the decision.

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’m a Norn, and feel it suits the story. sort of.

racial skills – doesn’t seem enough synergy to affect what class you choose. norn don’t really have the ebst racial skills though lol

though i’ve seen some pretty good looking human guards. asura would look awesome, just cause they’re so small – but yes, like Tomkatt mentioned, some skills seemed bugged due to size of actualy character. rarely do i see Sylvari guards.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Nicholai.5169

Nicholai.5169

Depends also on your intended role.

If you are a ‘pusher’ who dictates battle lines in WvW then you want to be drawing as much attention as possible, so a Charr or a Norn of maximum size is a must.

Anything else and you want to be as tiny as possible to draw as little attention as possible – minimum sized Asura.

Cattlebruiser of SHC

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Looks/feel: As long as youre not wielding a staff a Norn looks best imo. Massive body and huge weapons fit the style im going for with my hammer.

The Norn also has ok attack animations, and the hammer #2 skill feels mighty when you jump in with your huge frame and sink your weapon in the foe.

For racials i must say that im one of the few that find Renewed Focus usefull so race doesnt matter for me, but the norn racials are lackluster.

FSP

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

Any race should be fine, but currently due to a bug with Sanctuary, Norn and Charr are best. Sanctuary is currently bugged and the bubble and knockback range is affected by character size.

I thought this had already been debunked by a GW2 Mod.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Huge-Problem-with-Shield-of-Absorbtion/first#post237502

The visual size of the bubble is the only thing affected, and they’re already looking into fixing that.

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

IMO:

Human
Charr
Norn
Sylvari
Asura

Just my two pennies.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Am I the only one who likes the feeling of being a 3 foot high hammer wielding gremlin, who smashes foes 5 times larger halfway across the map.

Oh and we lift both feet off the ground when firing Zealot’s Defense and Cleansing Flames.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

I tend to like human for most of my melee types because Reaper of Grenth is an amazing elite to compliment what Guardians already get. A lot of people say Charr for Charrzooka but why not just use Tome of Wrath? Asuran and Sylvari can be interesting choices if you want their utility skills but I find it hard to fit them on any of the builds I run. As for Norn, I don’t like the their racial skills at all.

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

Best Race for Guardian??

in Guardian

Posted by: BlueStoat.9157

BlueStoat.9157

Charr… because everything else is just meat.

as for eites, I don’t seem to ever use mine other than when I over agro so I’m using the mistfire wolf as an “oh [small kitty]” button to increase my chances to rally when I down.

Charr t3 racial armor is my favorite look in the game too so I just had to roll one. and the blood legion story seems to lend itself well to guardian.