[Build]Power-Melting Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

as some ppl may know already i love to do some theorycraft and test it in wvw and hot join pvp

after playing around with my perma-burning guard i kinda missed my zerk meditation build
so i came up with kinda hybrid build which turned out pretty well in wvw

build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR8dlsApcoVDxbI8DRR8QljNVHANwje9PMD5AA-TFCEABQ8AAEZ/BGV/xJlfcpEUiLCQb6GA4IAQIgEjBA-w

concept:
power – high power for direct dmg – base is 2350 but with full stack its 2700
but during fight you’ll have in average 10 stacks of might so you got 3k power
armor – 2.8k for good tankiness. good for roaming/zerging
hp – with full guard stacks its 17k. nice
crit chance and dmg – while its low the power compensate for it but you still do 180% dmg when crit
condition dmg – base condition dmg is 520 while with 10 might stacks it become 870 and with 100% burning duration it means VOJ proc 2 seconds of 1450 burning dmg (725 per second)
also with GS #5 attached to condition dmg its nice dmg over time
might stacks – with weapon swap and blocks you can get easy 10 attack but in average you will have 15
burning – your block proc it, your heal proc it, voj passive proc it and JI proc it. if you see your enemy low and already used his cleanse use voj for 8 seconds burning 5-6k dmg!
also your +10% more dmg to burning foes will proc much often
and dont forget 5% more dmg with GS

as ppl expect you to do direct dmg they wont expect you to do also condition dmg so even when you are not in the face of your target you’ll still do some nice ticking meaning your dps is higher. also they wont pay attention to your burning dmg ticking unless its already become increased to 10 seconds

comparison states with the zerk meditation build:
power is 2.1k
armor 2.3k-2.5k
crit chance 50%-70% (with fury trait)
crit dmg 200%
hp 14k
condition dmg 0-50
burning duration 10%

AA dmg comparison (with no stacks):
AA with zerk meditation does dmg base of 1k so when crit 2k so in average with 50% chance its 1.5k with burning its +328 every 5th attack so in average (3 sec rotation) +108 so total of 1.6k in average

with this build base dmg 1.2k (more power) and when crit it 2.1k so in average (30%) 1.5k with burning its +1.2k every 5th attack (2 sec tick with 3 sec rotation) +406 so total of 1.9k in average
with full stack its around 2.8k just from AA and with 15% more dmg its 3.2k dmg

hope to put a video of it during next week

tell me what you think meanwhile

in Guardian

messiah.1908

ok after testing it in wvw (although it was hard to find roamers around all the zerg blobs out there) here is short clips which example the dmg output in some group play and roaming play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKCgsN3iSQ&feature=youtu.be
i tried to focus on the dmg output from burning also to see if i can get greater dps over other power builds (like zerk meditation etc).
so you may find me play defensively trying to get my might up and mainly block meanwhile like it the last clip with the s/d thief.
also notice group enemies tend to go bunkers build with high armor/protection so dont compare in to HJ pvp arena dmg output

hope i can get some advices and tips from you if its viable and how to improve it

p.s
this video doesnt meant to show my abilities as roamer

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Sony Music Entertainment is blocking this video for me in Australia~

in Guardian

Posted by: JestersMadness.7528

JestersMadness.7528

Same for me in Denmark.

in Guardian

Posted by: MrKip.2914

MrKip.2914

same for the netherlands

in Guardian

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

I would put one from virtues into Radiance VI for more dps.
I would also change II in Valor for X once again for more dps.
last thing i would so is use Flame legion or rage runes for reason same at above.
i would use zerker armor leave the amulets as is.

You don’t need extra condi dmg when you have the +33% on fire the only condi dmg you have.

don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I can’t watch this blocked and I’m in the USA. I don’t understand why people go balthazaar over flame legion am I missing something? A 7% damage modifier and a good 4 piece bonus on flame legion is pretty good. With 6 Zeal, Flame legion and food thats 100% burning duration. Feel like your diluting good damage with a condi rune.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Guardian

Posted by: Noyz.6430

Noyz.6430

The video is also blocked for me (Italy)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Interesting that you took justice is blind over vigor.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I know you have 5 in virtues for the might and other boon benefits on your F1-3 skills, but this build may not really benefit from it. You have plenty of other sources of might already, and your meditations will heal you if you need it. Take 5 out and put it into Radiance. If I ever saw a build that would benefit from Searing Flames (remove boons on burn apply) this would be it.

Also, why sword? Seems like mace would also proc on the blocks and give you some additional healing if you needed it. JI and your hydromancy sigil is enough of a gap closer already.

If you change to tuning crystals your burns will do 4-6oo more damage over all and you won’t lose that much power. This means more overall pressure which is a good thing.

and don’t lose the pizza. It is by far the best way to extend any condition. Specific ones only do half as much.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i hope you can watch it now, if not i will chancge the music

@Devils – if i go zerk armor and change to fury its the same zerk meditation build. as i have played it i notice this build yielf more dps from you suggestion

@oZii – i went balthazar as i wanted to find other build instead of zerk meditation build which can yield more dps

@Blasino – my crit is bit low 30% so i want blind. with full zerk i might use this also.

@roachsrealm – i tested sword and scpeter. as condi spec needs range weapon. mace can proc better dmg but its slow one and easy to avoid. the scpeter gives me the ability to immobilize and hit from range and #2 proc burning much more. but i can see your choise on the mace

if i take all of your suggestion i may find maybe better power zerk build

but the main differnce is power build needs you to be on your target to do dmg while condition build allows you to put pressure without the need to hit your target

so on payper full power can yield more dps but if you get blind,dodge,block, your target blink/Shadow step etc you wont hit them so over time you might do less dmg

an example is the fight 2v1 against the warrior which had swiftness and vigor but the burning did 16k dmg and 1v1 against thief when he SS he still got burned for 4k

thanks guys for your input. i will try them out and see what i can come out with for my next vid

in Guardian

Posted by: JestersMadness.7528

JestersMadness.7528

I still can’t see it.

in Guardian

messiah.1908

ok i uplaod it again with different music
1 hout till upload
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKCgsN3iSQ&feature=youtu.be

in Guardian

messiah.1908

thanks all the ppl who whispered me and gave here advices

after taking the advices above and test them

i change to zerk armor with flame legion runes and rage runes – on paper power is better than crit dmg as my crit chance is bit low (i need the base crit chance to be 40% but i will lose power or toughness) and also its not very noticeable
also i change to fury on meditation instead of burning on block so i may get more direct dmg on 4 sec time frame but as i mention above i need to be on my target while on the other hand burning while block give me 1.2k dmg from passive play
fury give me about +200 direct dmg *4 seconds so its 800 more dmg but you see the lose from burning.

again i dont think zerk meditation build dont do enough dmg but it make you play aggressively all the time be on you target face to secure the hits and dont miss them with enemy dodge/block etc
while with burning which proc from passive voj/block gives you the ability to adept to the fight and play both defensively and aggressively

also i hope you can watch now the video. you will see one clip in the north camp i was engaging 4 enemies alone (ally was down) i know i was gonna die but i was impressed than 4 of them dodge away and 2 enemies where 10% on health and needed do use utilities to escape and heal while they were burning for couple of seconds

i will try to make further attempts and more roaming and group vids and compare it to other vid on the net to see the dmg over time
and also will try to go shouts build for more group play

in Guardian

messiah.1908

after testing it and compared it to the zerk meditation build i can confirm that the dmg is equal and even higher regarding pure dps pressure

the nice things are:
you can go against blobs as you are not zerker build.
you can play defensively while zerk meditation force you to play offensively.
your blocks will do good dmg 700-900 burning tick
and your direct dmg will go from 1k-2k AA

GS rotation average burst can do 2k+4k+2k+4k+4k and 10 sec of burning so 7k dmg

scepter/focus rotation average burst can do 1.5k +4.5k
0.5k+1k+3k and 10 sec of burning so +7k dmg

although the mace can yield better direct dmg i prefer the scepter as it a range weapon so it procs burning when i am 1200 range and also cc when needed while #2 proc good dmg 600*9-12 ticks and 3-4 stack of burning

utilities also do dmg.
heal +4k aoe dmg
JI +5k aoe dmg
smite condition does 1-2k aoe dmg

i am still going with balthazar and not flame legion as i get my heal to proc aoe burning for 6 seconds and its another skill which dmg your enemies around 4k dmg also when my health drop to 20% i get quickness which is nice also. so while flame gives you 7% dmg (around +150 dmg) the burning from heal does much more dmg (4k aoe dmg) (equal to 20 hits while with flame legion rune)

i tried to show the abilities of the build so here you will see
1. dmg to bunker guard 1-1.5k from AA
2. burning pressure to death
3. pushing inside the enemy melee train doing 900 aoe burning and 3.7k aoe dmg
4. jumping on a thief with burst
5. cc a warrior with 2.5k-3k dmg with +700 burning
6. jumping on enemy group (from sm) doing 5 sec burning +700 dps and 4k aoe dmg
7. 1.5k AA on ranger and +700 burning dmg. just from blocking the ranger went from 50% hp to 5% and disengage (if only i had food on me for 100% duration….)
8. jumping on necro and uplvl guard with nice burst
9. ranger again havent learned his lesson
10. more group play and having fun

hope you like it

in Guardian

Posted by: Skile.1384

Skile.1384

Personally, I would drop Zelous Balde for Focus Mastery, hands down.

In addition, I know you are running meditation, but i would consider to replace Purity with Purging flames:
- you lose: 2k healing, condition removing over 3 conditions (and boons, as consequence)
- you gain: shorter CD on condi removal, 10s of aoe burning, -33% condi duration for 5 secs, and a fire field that equals 3 might (focus 5) + Aura of fire (3 of gs).

in Guardian

messiah.1908

you right sometimes i chancge to PF .depends how much i want to push myself into the zerg than 2k healing is needed. also when enemies see the aoe from PF they tend to scatter away so i want them to hit me while i am blocking to proc more burning and my group hit on 1 place.
against bigger group i want my GS to do more dmg but with smaller scale fight i want my icd on focus

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i have also tried 2,6,6,0,0 and 3,5,6,0,0 with sw/t+sc/f
the sword AA is you main skill so can be bit boring but it yield huge dmg between 1.5-3.5k dmg and burning also as it fast rotation 1k
so 1 rotation can yield 7k-10k just from AA
add it to the nice aoe with torch #4 and you stack burning which can yield 6k dmg
but sword lack mobility and aoe like the GS has.

also these hybrid builds are nice counter to the condition meta necro/engineer/thief as the burning does good pressure so you can focus on defense movement and play more calm than being zerk guardian