[Build] semi bunker hybrid guard pvp

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

so here is my new theorycraft idea mainly for pvp
bit history:
as i play for 6 months around the hybrid idea with burning and direct dmg in the pvp arenas i notice that the main difference between the meta medzerk to the carrion is that the zerk must play like hit and run even in 1v1 situation thus his sustain dps is lower where the hybrid is much higher
also i manage to see that even with low armor 2.3k i can manage to hold points for few seconds till help comes even in 1vX situations (not all)

so as my movement is bit slow as i dont use swiftness or traveler runes my main objective is to play around points and not roam between them (like thief or mesmer)

and as i saw many guards (bunker or zerk) with 15-20 might stacks which give both condition and power dmg of 525-600 i want to test the idea where i can get higher state the the carrion amulet while holding points maybe better and doing dmg while doing so (not like the bunker)

so here is the idea
carrion states: power 2k, condition 1k , armor 2.39k , 7% crit chance and 170% crit dmg, 0 healing power

my new state with 15-20 might stacks
power 2.4k, condition 1.1k, armor 2.83k, 25% crit chance and 199% crit dmg, 638 healing power

nice ha ?

the build :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAW5dlsApZoVDxbI8DNR8AVZASAmJ5/X/jZkDA-TZRHwAFeCAc2fIwBBAwFA4YZAA
i am using meditation but you can switch to ah shouts but i find meditations give me more chance to stay alive while (not supporting my team)
i use staff for the 12 might stacks and mace/focus for the blocks abilities and battle sigils and when i crit i get aoe might which even in 1v1 i get 20 might stacks
i got 2 symbol which proc vulnerability which buff my dmg

more offensive build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAW8dlsApZoVDxbI8DNR8QZ1HUdAkAP61/wMkDA-TZRHwAFeCAc2fIwBBAwFA4YZAA
same 6,2,6,0,0 but with 15-20 might stacks

with group fight take ah and shouts like this one
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAW5dlsApWotCxZI8DNRCBl1Mw+DPPFXHgLcAA-TZRHwAFeCAc2fIwBBAwFA4YZAA

would love to get comments

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Have you tested it? Running staff will proc. burning more often if there are 3+ targets around, but you wouldn’t want to be stuck with it when you are caught alone. Also going celestial instead of carrion and strength runes will give you prolly better stats on paper but I think you will loose out in an actual fight. Also GS is too good to not take with this build.
I don’t know what to say. It seems like it’s v well rounded on paper with 25 might stacks but in reality it won’t achieve that performance. You will barely do any dmg until you get some might.

in Guardian

messiah.1908

not tested it fully yet
its more a group build rather 1v1
the might though i manage to hold 15 stacks on the testing area
before the fight 12 stack with staff and 3 with swap

in Guardian

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

This build is almost identical to what I run in pvp honestly, except for staff I run GS. Works well, and it plays the way I like.

in Guardian

messiah.1908

This build is almost identical to what I run in pvp honestly, except for staff I run GS. Works well, and it plays the way I like.

if you run with gs how much might stacks you have at the beggining and the middle of the fight?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

if you run with gs how much might stacks you have at the beggining and the middle of the fight?

Actually Fire Shield (Leap inside PF) can offer quite a bit of might without being a complete punching bag like staff’s #4. Running that combo and the regular auto attack rotation, you’ll probably get 7-8 stacks of might with GS alone.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

Instead of staff to gain might, try the GS out and use it as more than a CC and leap tool. Try to think of it as an extra evade tool to get out of fields faster while blinding the group around you on points. Also I might add that I don’t use geo sigils, I run double battle, and double energy so I have constant evades available.