DH OP in SPVP

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

Like kitten wth… freaking tanky and can spam huge aoe nuke…wtf anet? what balance spvp team thinking? what fun in playing op class? this isn’t esport at all!!! i never meet an op class like DH in all my 20 years of gaming.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Like kitten wth… freaking tanky and can spam huge aoe nuke…wtf anet? what balance spvp team thinking? what fun in playing op class? this isn’t esport at all!!! i never meet an op class like DH in all my 20 years of gaming.

Bad grammar, poor skills, mediocre trolling attempt; will score 2/10.

Only one DH in the whole roster of 30 players in the last weekend World Tournament (which anyway performed poorly) should be enough to stomp any claim about the “DH opness”.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Only one DH in the whole roster of 30 players in the last weekend World Tournament (which anyway performed poorly) should be enough to stomp any claim about the “DH opness”.

The DH that looked like a ragdoll with a thief on its team???

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

i never meet an op class like DH in all my 20 years of gaming.

I guess you never played a small MMO called Guild Wars 2, because it has a class called Revenant that’s been the strongest PvP class ever since it’s release.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

OP yet almost non existent in pro league.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

OP yet almost non existent in pro league.

This is the thing that must make it OP … though I can’t think of how. Perhaps the thread starter could explain.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

He’s probably ranting because of bad matchmaking and will likely never reply in this thread again.

If we were these unkillable machines we’d see more in the proleagues but he’s not taking proleagues into account I guess.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I concur. He probably got worked by some DH like a chump.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

heeeeere we go again.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If they’re so awesome, why aren’t you playing one?

I mean, it seems clear enough with your vast skill you ought to be able to single handedly bring their metrics down to a more acceptable level.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

He’s probably ranting because of bad matchmaking and will likely never reply in this thread again.

If we were these unkillable machines we’d see more in the proleagues but he’s not taking proleagues into account I guess.

In defense of some of these lemmings it does suck when its all solos on both teams and there are like 3 DH on one side. Because with that many you can get some lucky insta gibs even against decent players. That’s not a DH problem though thats a class stacking matchmaking problem.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Dh is very easy to pick up and be super effective with at Low tier pvp.It had one of the lowest skill floors in the game but once you actually start playing competitively even just diamond and above the effectiveness goes way down mainly because a large portion of its damage is projectiles which is easily countered and it has high defensive CDs which means if the longer the fight lasts the more weaker the guardian gets.

I suggest rolling a Dh so you learn what exactly is killing you,most likely your just eating every true shot and running through test of faith

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Castleguard.2498

Castleguard.2498

DH is very strong against poorly played/inexperienced players. DH is very easy to counter (by every class) if you’re patient, and know what you’re fighting against. If you go bum rushing into them (us) without knowing and paying attention to their animations, expect to fall over.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

the problem is not DH. you aint see it in top esl cause no stacking role
the problem is when you have 3 dh 1 ranger in a same team
the will win the point and manage to res the down

being patient isnt the solution as his team mate will come after the guard burns all his cd

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

This. I also find it sad this guy with supposed 20 years of gaming has never seen a more OP class. Like – what games you’ve been playing, tetris? DH doesn’t make top 30 of OP classes in games/MMOs over the years. These troll nerf posts get more amusing.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

emkelly.2371

Okay that’s true. WoW had the Palladian for ever. Oh wait…..

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

No one played turret engi in tournaments either, it still got nerfed because for most of the population playing in a less organised manner it was too strong.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

No one played turret engi in tournaments either, it still got nerfed because for most of the population playing in a less organised manner it was too strong.

Is that a fact, or just why you think it was nerfed? let’s be careful about assuming why Anet adjusts skills in the game … it will lead you to bad conclusions.

DH simply has a different ‘impact’ curve depending on the skill of the opponents. There isn’t actually anything wrong with that. I think it’s obvious DH stomps noobs and can’t compete in the pro level. Not sure why that’s even a problem. Different classes, different performance. It’s completely unreasonable to expect every class to perform at approximately the same level against a given opponent because of the diversity of skills across them all.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Is that a fact, or just why you think it was nerfed? let’s be careful about assuming why Anet adjusts skills in the game … it will lead you to bad conclusions.

It doesn’t really matter why it was nerfed, point is it shows a build does not have to be overused / OP in tournies to be nerfed.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

It doesn’t really matter why it was nerfed, point is it shows a build does not have to be overused / OP in tournies to be nerfed.

That is correct and therefore a worthy point to talk about what DOES need to be in place to get a nerf or a buff … because it’s certainly not based on performance, which everyone thinks it is.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

emkelly.2371

What is used in Pro League cannot be equated to what is used my the vast majority of players. For one thing, you are limited to one copy of a class per team. The DH is never a problem when there is just one an another team. It’s when DHs are everywhere that things get stupid.

Having said that, What would need to change about DH? I’m not sure. but here are some ideas.

• ToF: you should be able to dodge out of it without taking damage. As it stand it is damage which cannot be avoided when the trap is insta dropped on you.
  • DH Virtues should not stack with Vanilla Virtues Traits. As it stand DH Virtues are just super powered versions of their vanilla counterparts.
  • No traps should ever be instant cast. (That goes for all classes)

I’m going to stop there because any further risks completely crippling the class.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

What is used in Pro League cannot be equated to what is used my the vast majority of players. For one thing, you are limited to one copy of a class per team. The DH is never a problem when there is just one an another team. It’s when DHs are everywhere that things get stupid.

Having said that, What would need to change about DH? I’m not sure. but here are some ideas.

• ToF: you should be able to dodge out of it without taking damage. As it stand it is damage which cannot be avoided when the trap is insta dropped on you.
  • DH Virtues should not stack with Vanilla Virtues Traits. As it stand DH Virtues are just super powered versions of their vanilla counterparts.

I’m going to stop there because any further risks completely crippling the class.

1. Are you referring to the damage caused by initial ToF use or the damage done when you cross the blades?

2. Nope. Fragments of Faith is a stun breaker. Making a stun breaker have a cast time is dumb.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

emkelly.2371

1. both. you should be able to dodge both.

2. That’s another problem. a trap should not be a stun breaker.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

2. Nope. Fragments of Faith is a stun breaker. Making a stun breaker have a cast time is dumb.

I would argue that of Fragments of Faith worked like either Well of Power or Well of Precognition (stunbreaker + instant 1s stability + small cast time) then it wouldn’t be so bad. This would be a straight up nerf to an already underutilized skill though and I hope they would compensate elsewhere (cd reduction maybe?).

1. You CAN dodge both. You just can’t teleport through the ring without activating it/taking damage from blades.

2. I disagree. Thematically, guardian “traps” aren’t a physically prepared entity but rather a magical force that materializes in the familiar form of a physical trap. Since there’s magic involved and magic is super arbitray (in like every fantasy IP ever), I don’t see why it couldn’t do something like unshackle one’s body from physical impairments.

(edited by Arcaedus.7290)

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

1. You can dodge the blades…

2. Why not?

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

ToF is literally a physical version of Purging Flames. You get the instant damage/condi application, and damage/application each time you cross while active. Likewise, ToF grants protection (against physical damage) while PF removes conditions and reduces condi duration. Their traits both grant reduced cooldown. Traps are given a small daze while Consecrations get to last longer.

There isn’t really an issue. Even if the main complaint is the instant damage, Smite Condition functions the same in that aspect and no one is complaining about that skill. There’s no reason skills can’t be/have certain things.

Fishsticks

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

the problem is not DH. you aint see it in top esl cause no stacking role
the problem is when you have 3 dh 1 ranger in a same team
the will win the point and manage to res the down

being patient isnt the solution as his team mate will come after the guard burns all his cd

the problem is in random Q this becomes deadly due to people not adapting and low teamplay.
Had such match yesterday. Three DH and a druid on oposing team. We had none (or maybe on DH . I cant remeber exactly. Had necro thief war..)
I play ele (non meta build)
My team wrote in chat ele will carry us. (Random solo team)
And we won it. The stacked DH´s did´t stand a chance.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Literally every patch where a class doesn’t get nerfed but gets changes sees an influx of players. People move onto the fotm class and then we start seeing the nerf threads.

It doesn’t matter if there’s one DH or four DHs, people will complain until the next class gets some polish.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

emkelly.2371

one DH on a team is not so bad.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Too many DH is OP at low/mid ranked play. Specifically for the fact they can chain knockbacks when they are rezzing someone and almost always get them back up because of that ridiculous bubble. When one Guardian does it is isn’t so bad, when there is three of them and each of them have it to rez one person it becomes an issue, especially when the other two put their traps down prior to doing that, the reverse also sucks, if you attempt to rez someone they will knock you around for eternity until they finish off the downed. So really its not a Guardian Issue, its a Class Stacking Issue.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

1. Are you referring to the damage caused by initial ToF use or the damage done when you cross the blades?

A few classes have Stun breaks with Cast times (Well of Precog, Stomp, Headbutt) it would be fine.

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I agree, class stacking is the real issue. A big secondary problem is organized groups vs solos.

One DH alone is mildly over tuned. two working together is pure murder against a solo group.

We had solo queue for years. It needs to be returned.

Mesmerising Girl

DH OP in SPVP

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m quite curious how this season would have been if Matchmaking actually limited class stacking (dragonhunters) to 1 per team or even… stacked them evenly on each side, or just removed class stacking completely.

Anet has said that matchmaking could be a lot better and that they’ll address it. The question is, was it the root cause of player’s issues in S2? My vote is matchmaking itself.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld