Dungeon Leeching build

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

MF Dungeon Leeching build traits and equipment

TRAITS

30 Radiance
Focusing on signets. When leeching you want to concentrate on tagging mobs instead of using your skills. Signets are great in the sense that they have a passive component you can still make use of your skill slots.

• II Signet Mastery: excellent trait especially for Signet of Resolve to heal yourself more and stay alive. If you have to use other signets or clicked them by accident then this trait also helps to get the passive effects back up faster.
  • IX Inscribed Removal: although you are not meant to use the signet actives, when you are low on health with conditions on you, you can use the signets to remove conditions as a last resort.
  • XII Perfect Inscriptions: improve all the passive effects of your signet. What’s not to like?

20 Valor
Focusing on survivability. You can’t leech and tag mobs when you are dead.

• III Strength of the Fallen: gives your teammate more time to res you in case when you do get downed.
  • V Purity: more passive condition removals so you are less likely to be forced into activating your signets.

20 Honor
More survivability to keep you up and leeching

• VI Pure of Heart: there is a chance that the passive of Virtue of Courage can come back up in the middle of the fight (unless you keep spamming the active, which, like signets, you shouldn’t). The following hit you take will remove the aegis and end up healing you.
  • IX Two-Handed Mastery: lets you spam you staff skills more frequenty to help tagging mobs.

SKILLS

Signet of Resolve
Best guardian heal when traited in terms of heals per second.

Signet of Judgement
Awesome damage reduction passive so you take less damage when leeching

Signet of Mercy
Gives you more healing power so when you dodge roll and use staff #4 you get more health back.

Signet of Wrath
It is either between this or Bane Signet. Bane signet increases power and makes you hit harder. That is bad because you become more likely to draw aggro, so we use Signet of Wrath.

Renewed Focus
Panic button to help you avoid getting downed, so you can keep tagging mobs.

ARMOR
Basically you want any exotic magic find set. Traveler’s Sets (MF/power/cond) are more ideal because you have condition damage as oppose to precision in Explorer’s Sets. If your precision is too high, you will crit too much, and will draw more aggro. You don’t want to have to deal with mobs attacking you when tagging them for their loot.
Runes you want 5 Traveler’s runes for magic find and some health to survive any unavoidable damage. Add a pirate rune for the last slot for maximum magic find from runes.

TRINKETS
Basically you just want to max out magic find. Unfortunately that means we are forced into using some Explorer’s parts but we should still aim for maximum magic find.

WEAPONS
Staves are by far the best weapons for tagging mobs for guardians. There is no reason to use anything else. Again we want Traveler’s stats so we don’t crit too much. You want to start using the staff with the sigil of luck to get your MF% stacks then switch to the other staff for a further 3% MF.
Staff auto attack is your bread and butter for tagging mobs. Staff 2 and 3 have 1200 range so you can still tag mobs that are too dangerous for you to get within 600 range. Staff 4 is good for heals. Line of Warding is handy when you do get mob aggro you can block them for a few seconds so your teammates can regain aggro.

SUMMARY
This is an effective build to counter the poor droprates and rewards in GW2 dungeons. With this set up you can go in and get credit for all the mobs killed without worrying about too much aggro and expect good loot.
Good luck getting on everyone’s blacklist.

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Now that is an OP build. 10/10

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I need to test that build right now!

€: Just came to my mind, I think you should aim for as much Wayfarer’s as possible, instead of Explorer’s or Traveler’s. That way, you have more defensive and are even less likely to draw aggro, since your damage will be zero. That way, you can tag even more mobs instead of worrying about downing.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

(edited by CptAurellian.9537)

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

and then they remove magic find

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

I need to test that build right now!

€: Just came to my mind, I think you should aim for as much Wayfarer’s as possible, instead of Explorer’s or Traveler’s. That way, you have more defensive and are even less likely to draw aggro, since your damage will be zero. That way, you can tag even more mobs instead of worrying about downing.

no wayfarer ascended pieces on that site

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

and then they remove magic find

that’s why you should get all your leeching done when you still can

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

i can see mf gear prices spiking

i thought this was standard build just for wvw

(always funny to see those guys with parrots)

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Wukunlin. Best Guardian NA.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

This….. This is good.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

Thanks but I am just standing on the shoulders of giants. I would never have believed how powerful of a leeching weapon the staff is if there were no kind souls to show me the way.

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

lol…
I would suppose great wave of hate when I saw thread that is promoting leeching – and leechers are MOST hated thing in all dungeons.

That is surprise for me that there is so much support for it here instead…

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I think you are missing something …

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Thanks but I am just standing on the shoulders of giants. I would never have believed how powerful of a leeching weapon the staff is if there were no kind souls to show me the way.

OMFG LOL. I lost it… lol I just.. lol.
aslhrgflkjdharga rgf

I have found my new hero.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

lol…
I would suppose great wave of hate when I saw thread that is promoting leeching – and leechers are MOST hated thing in all dungeons.

you have to read the WHOLE post to understand

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

0/15/30/20/5

WvW: Staff 1 +F1 + F

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

lol…

Here I can help.

Good luck getting on everyone’s blacklist.

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Lord Trejgon.2809

lol…

I will read that again that is verry possible that I missed something

EDIT: You ment that last line? good one
also I’m not yet sure If I see there some irony but in written text that is nearly impossible to be sure

EDIT2: @ForGreatJustice I missed Your post so I’ve read the whole OP again

(edited by Lord Trejgon.2809)

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

The bestest badasses Guardian’s build I’ve ever seen. Would be perfect for Dredge fractal.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

10/10 would recommend.
On the other hand, its a well known build used by many players. Not sure if a guide was needed.

(edited by Molch.2078)

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Why not wayfarer? You’ll be more tanky. You don’t need to do good dmg, you only need to dmg to get loot. Let the others kill for you.

/ironymode off

Sorry for my english.

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Amazing build.

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

Why not wayfarer? You’ll be more tanky. You don’t need to do good dmg, you only need to dmg to get loot. Let the others kill for you.

First of all, like I mentioned before, there are no ascended wayfarer trinkets as far as I can find or exotic armor.

Second, more importantly, it is a balance between doing low damage and avoid toughness aggro

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

10/10 would recommend.
On the other hand, its a well known build used by many players. Not sure if a guide was needed.

most people use half kittened builds, this is optimally min/maxed

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

I ran TA the other day, and our guardian used staff for the ENTIRE run, sitting comfortably at the back spamming #1 with the occasional might pumping. I was wondering wth he was doing back there.
Now I know.

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

I doubt it, did he even use the right signets?

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: DargorV.8571

DargorV.8571

You forgot to add the part where you also make lesser classes (ranger/thief) look good.

More points for aiding the community.

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Lord Trejgon.2809

I ran TA the other day, and our guardian used staff for the ENTIRE run, sitting comfortably at the back spamming #1 with the occasional might pumping. I was wondering wth he was doing back there.
Now I know.

actually on TA staff is preatty good when it comes to clear the way out of that voyatile blossoms

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

I doubt it, did he even use the right signets?

I can’t remember exactly what he was running, so it was either this or the example you gave as your ‘inspiration’.

Now I know.

actually on TA staff is preatty good when it comes to clear the way out of that voyatile blossoms

Yes, but you usually unequip or swap to a melee weapon after you clear the blossoms. That guy used it literally the whole time, from the nightmare vine boss in the beginning to Malrona, Fyonna and all the way to the nightmare tree boss in the end. I didn’t mind too much since it’s the easy path, but even so.

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Lord Trejgon.2809

Now I know.

Yes, but you usually unequip or swap to a melee weapon after you clear the blossoms. That guy used it literally the whole time, from the nightmare vine boss in the beginning to Malrona, Fyonna and all the way to the nightmare tree boss in the end. I didn’t mind too much since it’s the easy path, but even so.

O.o

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Awesome guide.

Remember that in a recent patch our downed state skill “Wrath” can now tag up to 3 mobs at once at massive 900 range, so you should probably try and maintain downed state for as long as possible ( You’ve traited Strength of the Fallen, so that should help )

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Dungeon Leeching build

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

still not as op as staff auto attack, staff 2 and 3 has 1200 range so range shouldn’t be a problem. Besides, pugs are not reliable, they may res you by accident. Using staff is much more pug friendly

Oceanic [LOD]