EM+AH=Every viable build

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

11.8k isn’t small and the dmg wasn’t from scepter, lol its from cleansing flame and if you are hitting for almsot 12k with cleansing flame that gives you 60k+ chain. tell me how how over 60k in 4 secs is small. what what proof of you great dps do you have?

I think you’re mistaking the total count-up of the Cleansing Flame with a single hit. The big number at the end is the total… 11.8k total actually isn’t bad for cleansing flame but unless you have a crazy situational buff you aren’t doing 60k in 4 seconds. The numbers you posted are pretty good but you could get higher with 20/25/25/0/0 with scepter.
Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

11.8k isn’t small and the dmg wasn’t from scepter, lol its from cleansing flame and if you are hitting for almsot 12k with cleansing flame that gives you 60k+ chain. tell me how how over 60k in 4 secs is small. what what proof of you great dps do you have?

I think you’re mistaking the total count-up of the Cleansing Flame with a single hit. The big number at the end is the total… 11.8k total actually isn’t bad for cleansing flame but unless you have a crazy situational buff you aren’t doing 60k in 4 seconds. The numbers you posted are pretty good but you could get higher with 20/25/25/0/0 with scepter.
Blood~

Is this a joke, why are you bring scepter into torch dps. but since you have scepter/torch is only used to burst going into a fight and again latter to let your melee/utility skills off cd. Its all about the smite-chains of light-zealots fire-cleansing flame-smite-back to melee and no other guardian combo will give you that dmg in that short of time. now come back when you know your class,

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Hooray for being insulting and arrogant!

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Bloodgruve.6038

The way I read your post it sounds like you were interpreting the 11.8k as a single hit within the cleansing flame channel, which again sounded like you’re calculating 60K out of only the cleansing flame. There are still a lot of people who think the total number is a single hit. You made no mention of the other abilities. You may want to elaborate a bit. I know my class better than most. If damage is what your after why are you not traiting for an extra 10%?

Come back when you know how to communicate.

Why don’t you break down the 60K in 4sec so people can see what you’re doing.

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Last night in WvW I held a camp in a small group against a 40-50 person zerg. I was never downed and I was continuously looting bags. No AH or EM at all. Healway/Boonway FTW. If your crit rate is over 10% you ain’t Guardianin’ right. ;P

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Devils.3679

you know what……. I’m going to have to give it to this guy. I am wrong and i should have known. That torch dps is wrong.

But none the less what else do you pair with torch for dps….

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Since the part with the torch DPS has already been corrected by someone else, just the proof of better DPS with other builds: simple mathematics. Radiant Power is virtually always active, hence it can be treated as a flat 10% damage boost, which in turn is by far better than 5% crit damage you gain from Valor. That’s always the case. Any other options depend on the main weapon set and some other stuff, but it’s a rather safe bet that at least 30 Radiance for RHS would still improve total DPS, probably also going 10 into Virtues for Unscathed contender.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Have you tried 1h sword >_>

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Devils.3679

Please show me how to put a sword in my off-hand…

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Bloodgruve.6038

But none the less what else do you pair with torch for dps….

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

20/20/30/0/0 simply best dps traits out.

Without Radiant Power? Not really.

yeah without radiant power. if you think one single ability makes a build……. gl and lol

Further proof that 99% of this board has not stepped foot outside of CoF1 and all arguments for GC guards are with COF1 in mind.

Carry on

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

If you want to imply that offensive guardian builds are not useful outside CoF1, you should probably have a closer look at the class instead of stubbornly repeating the same rubbish again and again.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I don’t need to explain to you how worthless 20/20/30 is outside of CoF.

…although im sure u can farm Arah p3 just fine. Oh ya and be carried through fractals by a proper anchor.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Geez, you guys, constipation can be dangerous.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

I don’t need to explain to you how worthless 20/20/30 is outside of CoF.

Well, I admit: 20/20/30 is something I don’t consider to be anywhere near useful and group-compatible. That argument was just about the “best dps” nonsense. However, there are enough other DPS-builds which bring exactly the same utility as an AH build (or even more) except the anchor-stuff – if that ever works, since aggro is not quite reliable in this game.

So I suggest that you think twice about your anti-berserker rants. That kind of rubbish is as annoying as Guanglai’s permanent anti-AH rants.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

At least GK backs his rants up with math.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

At least GK backs his rants up with math.

A rant with math is still a rant.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

foofad.5162

“Rant” is a value judgement used to discredit an argument based purely on its delivery. Inelegantly delivered proof is no less valid, regardless of how offensively it is rendered.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Shinta.9450

Shinta.9450

What build would you guys recommend for a tanky dps on wvwvw for small groups and zergs? I am currently running a AH build with PVT gear and zerker trinkets but I would like to experiment some other builds, preferably leaning towards DPS.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

So I suggest that you think twice about your anti-berserker rants. That kind of rubbish is as annoying as Guanglai’s permanent anti-AH rants.

GK loses all credibility the moment he claims Guard DPS > Warrior DPS. I was thinking of registering to that scrub site (gw2guru) just to try to contest him but considering how he spams it and thinks the guard page belongs to him, i decided not to.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Bad Thread is bad. Lots of ill will here. We’ve been trolled hard. /lock please.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

foofad.5162

GK loses all credibility the moment he claims Guard DPS > Warrior DPS. I was thinking of registering to that scrub site (gw2guru) just to try to contest him but considering how he spams it and thinks the guard page belongs to him, i decided not to.

So instead of proving him wrong, you kitten-talk him.

You stay classy now, you stunning example of persuasive argumentation.

(edited by foofad.5162)

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Its called common sense Brah. Now, how about we stop talking about BK (though im pretty sure his ego is through the roof right after reading this thread) and focus on the matter at hand?

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

60k+ in 4 seconds? Explain please and what chain?

Full zerk guardians can hit 20k wirlwinds in similar settings which is still bad compared to 48k 100b warriors in the same gear/siatuation and amount of time.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Its called common sense Brah. Now, how about we stop talking about BK (though im pretty sure his ego is through the roof right after reading this thread) and focus on the matter at hand?

So not only would you rather kitten-talk someone than provide substantive evidence, you dismiss the need for substantive evidence all together in favor of making baseless assumptions.

Appealing to the masses does not constitute proof.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

foofad.5162

60k+ in 4 seconds? Explain please and what chain?

Devils has already come off of the 60k claim, he was just misreading how the combat text is rendered.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

What build would you guys recommend for a tanky dps on wvwvw for small groups and zergs? I am currently running a AH build with PVT gear and zerker trinkets but I would like to experiment some other builds, preferably leaning towards DPS.

and instead, let’s turn to help those who have a genuine question? : ))

quick question, Shinta – do you enjoy roaming more? or running with a small group? or with a large group? open field fights, taking camps, etc?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Shinta.9450

Shinta.9450

and instead, let’s turn to help those who have a genuine question? : ))

quick question, Shinta – do you enjoy roaming more? or running with a small group? or with a large group? open field fights, taking camps, etc?

Hello, Akamon, thanks for the reply.

I am not used to roaming, so far I lack the skill for it. For now I prefer sticking to small groups (guild) and sometimes the zergs and I prefer the open field fights.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

People are telling me that the warrior traits are broken (Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus being stuck at their old pre-buffed values, despite that being the tradeoff for making them grandmaster traits) so yes, guardian DPS is undeniably better if that is the case. It is basically a toss-up between the two classes when the traits are working as intended, in their current form warriors are actually losing out even to necromancers.

I honestly think the warrior makes a better “tanky DPS” support class than the guardian does. I should start telling warriors “stop trying to be like guardians and just support already.”

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

People are telling me that the warrior traits are broken (Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus being stuck at their old pre-buffed values, despite that being the tradeoff for making them grandmaster traits) so yes, guardian DPS is undeniably better if that is the case. It is basically a toss-up between the two classes when the traits are working as intended, in their current form warriors are actually losing out even to necromancers.

I honestly think the warrior makes a better “tanky DPS” support class than the guardian does. I should start telling warriors “stop trying to be like guardians and just support already.”

Ugh…really. Are you gonna start over with your theories about warrior vs guardian DPS? Im not gonna get into theorycrafting but i can say that just by playing a zerker warrior vs zerker guard gives you an idea how much better warrior DPS is.

There is a reason people run CoF p1 with warriors…

In addition, try running a fractal with 4 guards 1 mes vs 2 guards 2 warrior 1 mes. The letter is gonna perform much better and clear things much faster. And no, not all the guards are anchor

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Ugh…really. Are you gonna start over with your theories about warrior vs guardian DPS? Im not gonna get into theorycrafting but i can say that just by playing a zerker warrior vs zerker guard gives you an idea how much better warrior DPS is.

There is a reason people run CoF p1 with warriors…

In addition, try running a fractal with 4 guards 1 mes vs 2 guards 2 warrior 1 mes. The letter is gonna perform much better and clear things much faster. And no, not all the guards are anchor

That’s because of the banners, not the warrior’s actual DPS. Banners and Empower Allies gives the party a huge DPS bonus, but warriors themselves don’t actually deal that much damage. It’s like how ranger DPS is also pretty average but they give massive support buffs. Hence, support classes.

By comparison, the guardian gives relatively few support buffs (at least offensive ones) but their own DPS potential is through the roof. Put 25 stacks of might on a guardian and GGs.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

I don’t see what the issue with AH is. Hmm I look away a little while guys start to forget what I started when the game began. Look you’re a guardian which means you should be protecting something. Ah is almost the core fundamental you should have. It actually helps heal and guard the team. Not as much as it used to but as I’ve shown for almost a year now. It does a kitten good job of it. When used correctly however just mashing buttons doesn’t help.

Dps is a funny thing because dead or running around frail dps is bad dps. I’ll give you a example dps is damage per second as we all know. Now take into account actually being engaged to do dps compaired to having to disengage. In this game you have a lot of reason to disengage. So a glass cannon in this game can’t always stand in and bash. If they do splat useless needs to be ressed up. Say a bunker gets in can last a bit do dps get out.

Difference bunker probably does more dps because longer engagement. Also person LESS likely to be running around for their life. Again more dps engagement and not dead or needing help. Not to say damage builds or cannons will always die. But a vast majority I seen in this past year always do. If this game had a viable dps meter you’d see why connected dps rules over hit hard or go home mentality.

But in the end I say play what makes you happy. And end up good at said style. As long as you’re happy doesn’t matter what is said here.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

You are still wrong tho.

There is a reason people run CoF p1 with warriors...

Are ad populum fallacies compelling arguments now?

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I don’t see what the issue with AH is. Hmm I look away a little while guys start to forget what I started when the game began. Look you’re a guardian which means you should be protecting something. Ah is almost the core fundamental you should have. It actually helps heal and guard the team. Not as much as it used to but as I’ve shown for almost a year now. It does a kitten good job of it. When used correctly however just mashing buttons doesn’t help.

Dps is a funny thing because dead or running around frail dps is bad dps. I’ll give you a example dps is damage per second as we all know. Now take into account actually being engaged to do dps compaired to having to disengage. In this game you have a lot of reason to disengage. So a glass cannon in this game can’t always stand in and bash. If they do splat useless needs to be ressed up. Say a bunker gets in can last a bit do dps get out.

Difference bunker probably does more dps because longer engagement. Also person LESS likely to be running around for their life. Again more dps engagement and not dead or needing help. Not to say damage builds or cannons will always die. But a vast majority I seen in this past year always do. If this game had a viable dps meter you’d see why connected dps rules over hit hard or go home mentality.

But in the end I say play what makes you happy. And end up good at said style. As long as you’re happy doesn’t matter what is said here.

AH doesn’t heal anyone except yourself. If it was something like “Heal allies whenever you apply a boon on them” it would at least be more useful, and I can also guarantee you no one would ever take it.

Also, guardians are far from being full glass cannon thief in terms of survivability. They don’t need AH to be able to sit in melee and DPS constantly. Even with AH it’s not like you’re going to be able to just facetank the boss constantly, unless you’re in Magi gear with a hammer or something.

Here’s a fun fact. An Magi-specced hammer 0/0/30/30/10 Guardian (which seems to be the popular AH build) deals about 20% of a zerker 20/30/20/0/0 greatsword guardian. That means that if a zerker guardian can run in, do WW > Symbol > Binding Blade then leave for half a minute, and still outDPS an AH tank guardian who is just sitting there in melee constantly. Even a zerker AH/EM spac barely does half of a DPS spec like the one above; a DPS guardian could be dead half the fight and still outDPS an AH guard.

I mean, yeah, if you’re the sort to run in and die immediately, then running a DPS spec probably isn’t a good idea. That said, even your average pug player doesn’t die THAT fast.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Silentstorm.7531

“AH doesn’t heal anyone except yourself. If it was something like “Heal allies whenever you apply a boon on them” it would at least be more useful, and I can also guarantee you no one would ever take it.”

Oh really yea about 20,000 views in the 2.5 post would like to disagree with you on that. Don’t assume never assume in gaming. Because your reality is not everyone elses. Also a bunker Guardian wouldn’t outdps a Paladin 2.5 Guardian already been proved.

I mean you can argue if you like. But I already proved this stuff months ago lol……Which is why it got that used and popular in the first place. I just stop talking because you reach a wall. But pretty soon that said wall will be removed. With the addition of new traits and skills.

(edited by Silentstorm.7531)

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

“AH doesn’t heal anyone except yourself. If it was something like “Heal allies whenever you apply a boon on them” it would at least be more useful, and I can also guarantee you no one would ever take it.”

Oh really yea about 20,000 views in the 2.5 post would like to disagree with you on that. Don’t assume never assume in gaming. Because your reality is not everyone elses. Also a bunker Guardian wouldn’t outdps a Paladin 2.5 Guardian already been proved.

I mean you can argue if you like. But I already proved this stuff months ago lol……Which is why it got that used and popular in the first place. I just stop talking because you reach a wall. But pretty soon that said wall will be removed. With the addition of new traits and skills.

I have 100k views on my sword build thread on Guru. Does that make my build five times better?

Also, if you are talking about that guardian build in your signature, I clicked it and lol. You hit a mob for 1.5k crit in the first five seconds of the video which is literally all I needed to see to know the build sucks. If that’s your definition of what you think good guardian DPS is then no wonder you think AH is good.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

Here’s a fun fact. An Magi-specced hammer 0/0/30/30/10 Guardian (which seems to be the popular AH build) deals about 20% of a zerker 20/30/20/0/0 greatsword guardian. That means that if a zerker guardian can run in, do WW > Symbol > Binding Blade then leave for half a minute, and still outDPS an AH tank guardian who is just sitting there in melee constantly. Even a zerker AH/EM spac barely does half of a DPS spec like the one above; a DPS guardian could be dead half the fight and still outDPS an AH guard.

Ok, now I’d like to see a solid proof that your zerker build does 100% more damage than an AH build with the same gear and buffs. And by solid I mean solid, since both experience and quick estimations tell me that the difference between both will be rather around 30-40% in the best case, depending on weapon choice etc.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Silentstorm.7531

I have 100k views on my sword build thread on Guru. Does that make my build five times better?

Also, if you are talking about that guardian build in your signature, I clicked it and lol. You hit a mob for 1.5k crit in the first five seconds of the video which is literally all I needed to see to know the build sucks. If that’s your definition of what you think good guardian DPS is then no wonder you think AH is good.

You realize I have like a half a million total views on the subject right? And have it multiple places and you really want to quote me on one guru post? LOL. Also when I did that video like 7 months ago……I wasn’t nearly as strong or optimized….Things you so cleverly left out of your statement. I mean if it means that much to you to be right. Atleast tell the whole truth in statements.

And why are you judging normal crit hits? Those same normal crits are 2600 now. Because gear and time has moved on. But hey keep wasting your time without much proof of anything. Beyond you yelling at people calling them noobs. Good luck with people listening to you. Because I checked your post history that’s all you do. Is disrespect people who don’t share the same view. Might think you’d learn by now, getting your point across is done better ways.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Ok, now I’d like to see a solid proof that your zerker build does 100% more damage than an AH build with the same gear and buffs. And by solid I mean solid, since both experience and quick estimations tell me that the difference between both will be rather around 30-40% in the best case, depending on weapon choice etc.

Whirling Wrath, 10/30/10/20/0 on the left, 0/0/30/30/10 on the right. A pretty large chunk of the difference is due to the DPS build having Scholar runes, while the AH build is using boon duration. Using Scholars would probably push the DPS up for the latter about 20% but you’re still not going to be hitting 9k on a whirl unbuffed. The highest I was able to get using Scholar runes on the AH setup was about 6k.

Attachments:

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

You don’t really want to prove your claim with two screenshots of WW, do you?

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You don’t really want to prove your claim with two screenshots of WW, do you?

Isn’t that what impresses people here on these forums?

In all seriousness, WW is good because it’s 14 hits summed up into a single number, so you can see the sum of crit and non-crit hits. You would not use it to compare the difference in DPS between two guardian weapons (i.e hurrdurr my greatsword makes one big number appear on the screen, where is the big number on scepter) or two classes (i.e. hurf warriors best dps cause hb makes the biggest number) but for comparing two builds where all relevant skills are functionally identical, it works fine.

Also Sonic Storm or whatever your name was, you were the one who suggested I use your build as a point of comparison. If you yourself think it’s a bad build then tell me what you think is a good one and we can take it from there. I can also save you the trouble by noting that a 2600 greatsword auto crit on a build with 30 in Valor is still pretty crap, so if you have nothing better then you don’t need to bother.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

I disagree. 14 hits (if all connect, which you always need to ensure manually) is too small a sample size to yield any reliable results on single screens.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Silentstorm.7531

And you still proving my point disrespecting people, won’t get anyone to listen to you. And you seem to still be under the delusion that your opinion outweighs others.

And you just one of those dudes who gets kitten being right. Or wanting to be anyway even though the subject has no right answer to begin with.

It’s all opinion in a area with no dps meter to validate. So calling everyone names or belittling people. Just makes everyone think ill of you. And further make no one even read what you got to say.

But like I said by reading your past post. You still haven’t learned the don’t be a jerk lesson. And I doubt I’ll magically teach you it one post either. But have fun getting people in this very post to take you that serious. You already showed a lot of immaturity.

@CptAurellian Don’t bother with this guy. He is one of those guys who thinks he is better then everyone. I was interested in debating him until I read his post history. Not even worth it.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

They could always do what they should do to guardian.

Make the Critical Damage Virtues instead of Valor, making the Valor tree have “Boon Duration” instead of “Critical Damage.”

That would make guardian a lot more balanced then it is now.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

They could always do what they should do to guardian.

Make the Critical Damage Virtues instead of Valor, making the Valor tree have “Boon Duration” instead of “Critical Damage.”

That would make guardian a lot more balanced then it is now.

Actually that wouldn’t solve anything and only break synergy :/

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Silentstorm.7531

Well we have new traits and skills coming. Maybe we should just be patient and see what that brings.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Hmmm, 2 egomaniacs dishing it out. Good stuff.

/popcorn

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

AH is a suboptimal support/bunker build compared to something like 10/30/30, especially in terms of “protecting something”.

In comparison it has reduced team heal output, less buff uptime, less condi clear, less group condi clear, less self/group stun/cc breaks, less blinds and weaker virtues. You also have far less self heal when solo bunkering down or otherwise caught alone.

AHEM allows you to stack up in something like knights with zerker trinkets whilst having enough self survive to faceroll in a zerg on in open pve. It can also work as an “anchor” in dungeons. But then, you can faceroll in a zerg in a fair few builds really.

For solo roaming it’s pretty darn poor and for most dungeons AH is simply overkill. You are more likely to bring more to the group with higher dps whilst still having group cleanses. If an anchor is needed and full clerics 10/30/30 is too much, then AH will do the job in that instance.

AHEM is far, far from a bad build and it can indeed be use as an anchor even in high level dungeons/fractals. But in my opinion it is simply not optimal in the vast majority of situations (speaking of the traditional 30/30/10 with knights and zerkers).

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

AH is a suboptimal support/bunker build compared to something like 10/30/30, especially in terms of “protecting something”.

In comparison it has reduced team heal output, less buff uptime, less condi clear, less group condi clear, less self/group stun/cc breaks, less blinds and weaker virtues. You also have far less self heal when solo bunkering down or otherwise caught alone.

AHEM allows you to stack up in something like knights with zerker trinkets whilst having enough self survive to faceroll in a zerg on in open pve. It can also work as an “anchor” in dungeons. But then, you can faceroll in a zerg in a fair few builds really.

For solo roaming it’s pretty darn poor and for most dungeons AH is simply overkill. You are more likely to bring more to the group with higher dps whilst still having group cleanses. If an anchor is needed and full clerics 10/30/30 is too much, then AH will do the job in that instance.

AHEM is far, far from a bad build and it can indeed be use as an anchor even in high level dungeons/fractals. But in my opinion it is simply not optimal in the vast majority of situations (speaking of the traditional 30/30/10 with knights and zerkers).

Ummm…. 10/30/30 is a pure DPS build with 0 team and party support. DPS fanatics like GK seem to advocate it but they do it in full zerker gear. The build is used as a secondary DPS guardian or when zerking trivial stuff like CoF

Assuming you are talking about 0/0/10/30/30 (gotta make that clear if thats the case), this build offers 0% DPS support to the party and only suboptimal heals in a PVE environment. The fact that you have good condition removal and long prot does not account for the fact that your party has to 4 man the entire dungeon. 0/0/10/30/30 in DPS gear is silly just as well

AH/EM is usually rolled with PoV and soldier runes and gives you 2 cond removal per shout as well as improved consecrations. The DPS when mixing knights and zerker gear comes to about 70-80% of that of a pure zerker build but has a ton of support, the anchor effect and can carry others.

EM+AH=Every viable build

in Guardian

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Ummm…. 10/30/30 is a pure DPS build with 0 team and party support. DPS fanatics like GK seem to advocate it but they do it in full zerker gear. The build is used as a secondary DPS guardian or when zerking trivial stuff like CoF

Assuming you are talking about 0/0/10/30/30 (gotta make that clear if thats the case), this build offers 0% DPS support to the party and only suboptimal heals in a PVE environment. The fact that you have good condition removal and long prot does not account for the fact that your party has to 4 man the entire dungeon. 0/0/10/30/30 in DPS gear is silly just as well

AH/EM is usually rolled with PoV and soldier runes and gives you 2 cond removal per shout as well as improved consecrations. The DPS when mixing knights and zerker gear comes to about 70-80% of that of a pure zerker build but has a ton of support, the anchor effect and can carry others.

Yes I meant 0/0/10/30/30. I skipped the two zeros given I have mentioned the build multiple times in the thread already and given the fact that I assumed it would be pretty obvious as to what I was alluding to due to the fact I was speaking about a support build. Sorry for the confusion caused.

I already alluded to AH being an anchor in dungeons given full 0/0/10/30/30 would be overkill in terms of support. I assume you mean overhealing by the suboptimal part, as x/10/30/30 is not going to be undersupporting an AH build, regardless as to environ.

I am unsure of quite why anyone would run dps gear with 0/0/10/30/30.