"Empowering Wrath 14" Ascended-Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

@Tyreal – few tips (but maybe you know them) dont forget to use all your virtues before using your elite
when moa use #5 to create distance and you can dodge also
swap weapon when you on your enemy face to chill them

Sometime I forget to pop my virtues, realize it but then the cast is nearly finished and I decide not to pop because sometimes it will put it on cd when I’m not fast enough to do it. XD

And I believe someone said the same about moa on EW… 14? Didn’t know that one though! XD

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: soloerox.8763

soloerox.8763

how it works with scepter and sword over mace? i have to change trait?
and it’s already good for pve and dung?:)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Well, the mace is a very defensive weapon so you cannot really swap scepter or sword and call it a day. Sword has mobility, a blind every 10 seconds and a selfroot reflect but that’s it. BTW It has the highest damage of the one-handed weapons.

Scepter however has an immobilize on a 20 sec CD and a nice AoE. But the autos are slow and weak. The good thing: you can cast Smite, swap to GS, GS2, judge’s intervention in, smite condition and somebody is likely to die…

I think any of them would work but not as main weapons. They are either for range and CC or mobility and damage.

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: soloerox.8763

soloerox.8763

there will be now significant change with the new balance patch?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mizu Misa.8730

Mizu Misa.8730

You posted in the guide:

(Empowering Might) – You and nearby allies gain might when you land a critical hit. (Might: 5s 6.5s with might duration, Number of Targets: 5, Radius: 240, 1s recharge)
- One of the backbones of the build. With the attack speed of the GreatSword and the large amounts of Symbol ticks, it is quite easy to get to maximum stacks AND maintain maximum stacks with Critical hits alone. The more you stay on the offensive the more damage you do. The pressure continues to build the more aggressive you are.

I’ve been testing the spvp version on the golems but the trait doesn’t get me more than 3 stacks of might, even with the furry from the meditations, is this because you where refering to the WvW version which has more precision or am I missing something?

Painkillerguild.com [eu][gh][pvx] applications welcome!

in Guardian

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

You aren’t missing anything, the strengths of the build are grossly exaggerated. It’s simply not a very good build, and you are better served investing in Virtues for sustain and support. If you invest everything – traits, runes, sigils – into might stacking, and you are still only mediocre at it, you need to take a step back and realise it’s probably not what the guardian is supposed to do.

Use air/fire, leeching, hydromancy or other sigils which grant an immediate bonus, and drop the strength runes in favour of for instance Pack, and I think you will find yourself with just as much sustained damage, and way better burst.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Enjoyed the new Empowering Vid (Click Here).

S/T is super fun, as is Mace/Torch. Everyone seems to back off after getting plowed by a Protectors Strike for 5k only to have a 5k Fireball thrown at them shortly after their dodge roll to back off.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Enjoyed the new Empowering Vid (Click Here).

S/T is super fun, as is Mace/Torch. Everyone seems to back off after getting plowed by a Protectors Strike for 5k only to have a 5k Fireball thrown at them shortly after their dodge roll to back off.

Nice video.

I’ve stopped trying to DPS / solo roam on my Guardian. You guys make it look so easy but honestly, it takes some skill to master. Low health, low armor, and some of the trait choices one makes to DPS like that on a Guard – kudos to you guys/gals that pull it off.

Sadly I find myself living longer when roaming on my trapper Ranger I don’t know why that is but I do. Swap back to Guardian and get wrecked time and time again – go figure. But back on topic, very nice video.

Side note to Amins – any new videos from you? And no, I’m not stalking you I see I also posted in another thread you also posted in – lol.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mizu Misa.8730

Mizu Misa.8730

Thank’s Sun Dusk for your clarification, you have some good points.

Painkillerguild.com [eu][gh][pvx] applications welcome!

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Thank’s Sun Dusk for your clarification, you have some good points.

Yes, he has good points from the same ol blah blah meta spvp perspective.

Yet if you learn to play a build for its strengths and not engage in fights that put you at an immediate disadvantage (ie – l2position), then the whole “blah blah meta perspective” means very little.

Play it for what it is, don’t try to fit it into a different box and then say it sucks.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

It’s not very good build because your target can outrun your attacks and dodge symbols easily. I tried it and don’t like it. I have better survivability with 0/1/6/6/1 and GS/H or GS S/F. Its maybe good for unranked where ppl testing their builds but in ranked is just fail nowdays especially when might got nerfed recently.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

You know… this thread was created a year ago, and I obviously don’t run this build anymore. Was great and worked fine at the time but… once again; that was a year ago? lol My EW videos have long since been adapted to being about my guardian in general and not necessarily any specific build. Which is kinda why I don’t reply to anything here anymore. Maybe in the future I will make a new thread for just posting new videos but we’ll see. >,>

If you want to see what I run now you can check
out the links in my newer videos, for example:
EW XIX – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuBwok3I2_Y

Also, glad you liked the video Amins.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

(edited by Tyreal.5230)