Exuberance + Vitality Armor [In Progress]

in Guardian

Posted by: DevilsAdvocate.1426

DevilsAdvocate.1426

Immediately after seeing the stat layout for the Runes of Exuberance, I thought to myself that this would fit in perfectly as a Guardian rune setup, especially one as a hybrid support/damage, given the bonuses to both power and precision, and healing power, with a little bit of added sustainability from the Vitality for good measure. Essentially, the idea is to create a balanced, versatile build without having to resort to Runes of Divinity and the many dump-stats it provides.

If we are using a Rune of Exuberance, we will need all of the Vitality we can get so that our other stats, in turn, benefit the greatest. That said, there are only 3 setups which feature Vitality as the primary statistic:

-Vitality/Condition Damage/Healing Power, from the Shaman items,
-Vitality/Power/Healing Power, from the confusingly named ‘of the Shaman’ items,
-Vitality/Power/Toughness, from the Sentinel items, which, though a ridiculously inane design choice, were made only temporary content, and because it’s unable to be crafted, insignias of the Sentinel are roughly 3000% more expensive than most others on the market.

Of these three setups, which would be the most likely to yield results?

Myself, I think the second option would be the most likely, just through the logic that they are already getting a leg up from the runes, but I’m not completely sold.

Now, this is my build for me to make my mistakes with, but I’ll be sure to post results in terms of success and failure if I manage to spark anything beyond ‘Nah, Berserker is still the only one worth playing. I’ll continue using a greatsword like the rest of the plebs’.

Which, of those three options, would benefit this idea the most? If there is an alternative that I overlooked, please let me know.

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

You can get around 2,000+ Vitality in total. With a 3% gain in Power, Precision, and Healing Power, that’s a low 60 gain for each. I don’t believe it’s worth it.

in Guardian

Posted by: DevilsAdvocate.1426

DevilsAdvocate.1426

Your point only really holds up when compared to pieces like Runes of the Ogre, which can summon rock dogs, an ability you have to make a judgement call on with its value. Given that 60 points is more than half what one maxed out rune set would give for a single stat, that’s 90 points in vitality, 60 in precision, 60 in power, and 60 in healing power. As far as raw boosts go, that’s exceptional, and roughly on par with benefits from traits.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Your point only really holds up when compared to pieces like Runes of the Ogre, which can summon rock dogs, an ability you have to make a judgement call on with its value. Given that 60 points is more than half what one maxed out rune set would give for a single stat, that’s 90 points in vitality, 60 in precision, 60 in power, and 60 in healing power. As far as raw boosts go, that’s exceptional, and roughly on par with benefits from traits.

the max vitality you can get is 2477 but the problem is that in order to get a so high vitality you lose too many power and crit chance and the gain in those sectors will be really low:
power +74
precision +74
healing power +74

anyway the quantity of stat points is good if compared to other runes…
165 + 74 + 74 + 74 = 387 points
also to get a “+60” is good and give us a total of +345 points

(edited by Kjeldoran.3849)