Fractals build, is this fine?

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Hey uys
I’m thinking in getting into Fractals more. Currently I’m only lvl 18 but I want to max this. First I though just going to 30 and stay there, but then I thought “Why not 50?”
So to do this I have done some research in this forum and found that I think this is what ppl recomend for Hight lvl fractals (this setup is done thinking of which items I have, so Runes of Traveler are there becase I use tehm in WvW Roaming, and since I already have with me 2 armor sets I don’t feel like having another just for fractals, since from what I’ve seen travelers aren’t that bad either for PvE)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUUQNAS8dlUgyBXFyLEfIFSmCRCBtPAQ1HiHMFakHB-jQCBYfQYLBm+AiKIwJPFRjtMsIasqFYKXER1eDYA-e

Now, with this would I be fine in high lvl fractals? Should I start with this now even though I’m lvl 18 to get used to the build?

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Yeah that is fine, I don’t see the point in traveler runes though, scholar would server you better

in Guardian

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

Personally, playing hammer, Writ of Exaltation is kind of useless as a trait because the symbol will already cover anyone at melee range, and anyone at far range won’t be standing in it anyway. It also makes it easier to drop purging flames, step back, stack might, and re-engage without really having to go out of your way. Also helps to mediate some of the warrior QQ about your light fields.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Looks pretty good,

I would take scholar runes, they are better then traveller for PvE.

I would recommend swapping your utilities depending on what you need at the time, I like retreat+purging flames+wall for the most part, and swap them out as I need to.

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Ty guys
AND I said why this is with Travelers

“(this setup is done thinking of which items I have, so Runes of Traveler are there becase I use them in WvW Roaming, and since I already have with me 2 armor sets I don’t feel like having another just for fractals, since from what I’ve seen travelers aren’t that bad either for PvE)”

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Your build/gear is fine, but kitten it get a second armor set and put Scholar runes in them. Why kitten yourself for the sake of 1300 dungeon tokens? Finding a hybrid middle-ground for multiple game modes is a terrible idea, you end up gimping yourself in both to be good at neither.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

The only thing I would say about this set up is that light fields are bad in fractals/dungeons as they block more useful combo fields. Fire fields = might, water fields = healing, ice fields = frost aura, ethereal = chaos aura …compare that to light fields = retaliation. All those other fields are way more useful than light. Retaliation is very weak after ANET nerfed it. I hate seeing a guard with hammer or staff in fractals because I know they are going to block those other combo fields and prevent more optimal effects as a result. Its really annoying when you see that fire field and just before you can pop a blast finisher in it, there goes that light field and you get retaliation instead of might stacks. You see a water field and teammates are low on hp, you get ready to pop your blast finisher and get retaliation…

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

The only thing I would say about this set up is that light fields are bad in fractals/dungeons as they block more useful combo fields. Fire fields = might, water fields = healing, ice fields = frost aura, ethereal = chaos aura …compare that to light fields = retaliation. All those other fields are way more useful than light. Retaliation is very weak after ANET nerfed it. I hate seeing a guard with hammer or staff in fractals because I know they are going to block those other combo fields and prevent more optimal effects as a result. Its really annoying when you see that fire field and just before you can pop a blast finisher in it, there goes that light field and you get retaliation instead of might stacks. You see a water field and teammates are low on hp, you get ready to pop your blast finisher and get retaliation…

You are right about light fields being annoying but permanent team protection and high aoe damage is what makes the hammer the strongest weapon for fractals. To be honest your team should pre stack might or you could lay down a fire field prior to the battle

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

You are right about light fields being annoying but permanent team protection and high aoe damage is what makes the hammer the strongest weapon for fractals. To be honest your team should pre stack might or you could lay down a fire field prior to the battle

All of that assumes the group is not a LFG pug. There is no real coordination in pugs. There is no assumption that anyone will hold off on trolling me with a light field as soon as I drop my fire field…even before I can immediately cast my blast finisher right after dropping the fire field. What I generally do is try and step to the side and dodge their light fields and then do my fire field+blast. Alternatively I try and wait until a light field has just faded and then do it. The most prevalent thing I do however is try to avoid grouping with staff and hammer guards though…I really wish they would do something about light fields so this wasn’t an issue.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Psh, why not make hammer auto 3 a fire field, id be pretty happy then, hahaha.

MAXIMUM OPNESS.