GW2 Cleric - YES you can! (sorta!)

in Guardian

Posted by: Oakos.2417

Oakos.2417

*This build has been used in level 48 fractals, WvW zerg and solo, Dungeons (all paths) as well as used to augment various speed runs.

After playing near 20 years of MMOs as a pure healer I was thrown for a loop when GW2 launched and they broke the trinity (Tank/Healer/DPS) So, I adjusted and from beta up until today have played only a Guardian. I have run every build imaginable including many of the “name brand” builds and there are some AMAZING builds out there, believe me! (love the Boonway)

That said, I have been trying to buck the system a bit and build the best healer I’m allowed in GW2 and after a year of playing I’ve found that in this build so far.

PLEASE understand this is not the end all be all healer build and in fact I’m still tweaking as I write this and I KNOW that there are better ways to maximize this build but there is also a fun factor in here for myself….FULLY optimized builds are great but not always fun to play for YOU.

This guide won’t go into HUGE amounts of detail as I feel that it needs to be tried first hand to see it in action but without further ado!

The Guild Wars 2 Cleric:

Purpose: Total selfless group support through boons and healing (YOU hit like a wet noodle)

Primary Stat: Healing power (over 1600 is a good goal but 1800 is very doable 2k+ requires some work)

Secondary Stat: Toughness (you are mainly a toe to toe healer and often running through the thick of it)

Primary Weapons: Mace and Shield (Sup. Sigil of Water and Life) – Secondary: Staff (Sup. Sigil of Energy) The staff is mainly a Might stacking stick and the energy rune is great for stacking up some vigor for the dodge heals.

Gear: ALL Clerics including Ascended (Exotic works just fine if you are not there yet)

Runes: Sup. Monk x2, Sup. Earth x2 and Sup. Water x2 (Healing bonus + Boon duration+Protection duration) There is some flexibility here, use what you feel works for you.

Best and often missed aspect of this build? 220-290 group wide regeneration ticking off every second for just you BEING there.

Trait Lines:

*As always swap traits depending on specific situations but below is the foundation of the build.

Valor 20: Strength in Numbers, Mace of Justice. 150 toughness for your group, 250 extra healing from the mace and 5% bonus damage.

Honor 30: Writ of Exaltation, Writ of Persistence, Battle Presence. Larger longer lasting symbols and group wide regen ticking off at 220-290 points per second based on healing power and a Virtues traits.

Virtues 20: Vengeful and Absolute Resolution. 25% retal. duration and condition removal and stronger passive group regen

Food: Anything that adds healing via % of or direct number OR Boon duration if you want 65-70% Boon up time.

Skills and a few tips:

This varies so much based on the situation im only going to point out a few things:

1) At this level of healing power Healing Breeze becomes a powerful player
2) Merciful intervention saw some changes in the last patch as to how it uses healing power, it’s now a pretty kitten nice heal for a member of the group about to go down, it can restore 40-60% of their health in one go * BY THE WAY – Traiting for “using meditations heals you” turns this into a huge self-heal… try it!*
3) Shouts will be benefiting from your boon durations and especially protection due to runes.
4) I almost always have Signet of Mercy slotted for the boost in overall healing unless I really need the slot for an instance specific skill. The full rez is also nice as well but can be hard to get off sometimes.
5) Getting just the right rotation on skills can really lay down some incredible healing, play with it!

Im looking forward to hearing from others on this build, Im a big boy and like to hear constructive criticism from the other heal and support guards out there but give this build a try, if you enjoy playing that nearly forgotten role of support in GW2 this build may just put a smile on your face!

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Pretty impressive numbers you are pumping out in a system where healing is designed to be situational.

But I have to ask, how do these numbers compare to the dps dished out by mobs in fotm 48?

Oceanic [LOD]

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I feel like I was up late one night and this is a infomercial on the tele… You are very excited or excitable Not that that is a bad thing

One thing I’ve noticed when running a healing build roaming in a duo or trio out in the real world (WvWvW) is it works the first or second time. However, when you run into the same group or you get a reputation, they just ignore you and focus fire on your DPS / other group members. Or, if you are in a zerg then it is just the opposite and the burst classes target you and there is no amount of healing that can withstand multiple threads of DPS

I’m hoping the thread will gain some traction and see what everyone things, tweaks, thoughts, etc. I am coming only from a Cleric & healing point of view who runs solo or with 2 others and this is what typically happens to me.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Sounds good until you realize the healing numbers are still quite small relative to self heals that every class has anyway. Dodge heal and symbols are also extremely range limited such that you’re unlikely to even hit half your party with them unless you’re grouped with 4x warrior in a dungeon run.

The biggest flaw, however, is this: If you’re PUGing you run the risk of being in a group with someone else who is “supporting” and then you’re just dragging the group down. Nothing is more depressing that playing a marginally useful role and having a group where someone else is doing the same. Then if you’re in a premade with guildies or something, you don’t need healing support in the first place.

in Guardian

Oakos.2417

Hi guys! Thanks for the feed back and opinions… and yes, Ive been told I can sell almost anything lol… this may be why I run a guild…

@Wykumlin – At 48 being able to dodge the bosses agony shots trump all else…. In regards to the other mobs they are handled by a wide range of viable group tactics based on a HUGE array of variables.

@Crapgame – I wont lie, I run WvW maybe once a week and only with my guild… our small ops stuff (5-20 people) is focused and we operate as a unit. This changes things.

@Yaki – Your right, healing is small when every other hit from many dungeon mobs is FAR more then your healing but when you stack THIS build ON TOP of a well oiled group…magic happens. This leads to the next part of your post… True in a PUG you will be limited, obviously but again… I run a guild and we are a close knit cohesive bunch… CANT remember the last time I pugged… perhaps that something to keep in mind with such a focused build. FYI we have stacked two of these guard builds before in a number of runs including a 6 mins COF run and various others… THEY can work in synergy.

Good feed back guys, keep it coming and thank you!

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

At 48 being able to dodge the bosses agony shots trump all else…. In regards to the other mobs they are handled by a wide range of viable group tactics based on a HUGE array of variables.

the reason I asked is that I want to know how much difference your healing makes in those situations

Oceanic [LOD]

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

This is what I run in WvW for group support in a zerg (minus ascended items). When the bodies start dropping, that endurance bar barely ever drains.

2477 attack, 21% crit, 2914 armor (SiN), 17.6k health, 2210 healing power while using mace, and 60% boon duration.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNApeWlcgyCXFyJEm4ESmiVCBxeoRfUHdpIheIA-jkCB4NCiEDQUDg0HApRFRjtsNsVXRr8KIqZER1KbYCB8dMA-w

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

This is what I run in WvW for group support in a zerg (minus ascended items). When the bodies start dropping, that endurance bar barely ever drains.

2477 attack, 21% crit, 2914 armor (SiN), 17.6k health, 2210 healing power while using mace, and 60% boon duration.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNApeWlcgyCXFyJEm4ESmiVCBxeoRfUHdpIheIA-jkCB4NCiEDQUDg0HApRFRjtsNsVXRr8KIqZER1KbYCB8dMA-w

Interesting build and I note you said when you are with a group. Solo roamer and I doubt you could kill a bunny rabbit (although that would probably make PETA very happy

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Interesting build and I note you said when you are with a group. Solo roamer and I doubt you could kill a bunny rabbit (although that would probably make PETA very happy

Indeed. More or less there for everything staff has to offer and dropping heals for the group around me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

2) Merciful intervention saw some changes in the last patch as to how it uses healing power, it’s now a pretty kitten nice heal for a member of the group about to go down, it can restore 40-60% of their health in one go * BY THE WAY – Traiting for “using meditations heals you” turns this into a huge self-heal… try it!*

Last I checked Monk’s Focus doesn’t affect Merciful intervention.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alfred Nobel.2914

Alfred Nobel.2914

Put out a screenshot of you having 2,2k healingpower. I know 2000 but 2,2 I need to see that as I don’t believe it to be true

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

Put out a screenshot of you having 2,2k healingpower. I know 2000 but 2,2 I need to see that as I don’t believe it to be true

Add 250 from sigil of life onto the 1960 he has already listed on the build he linked and you get 2210 healing power. He could also get another 47 using an exotic magi cloak instead of the ascended soldier cloak, as well as another 25 from infusions, without giving up anything significant.

in Guardian

Posted by: Marmag.5823

Marmag.5823

First of all thanks for sharing this idea.
I’m use a full cleric guardian in PvE, even if I know it’s not the most efficient thing to do, I don’t care too much because I like to play this way.
I have a simple question: maybe i misunderstood something, but how does your build counter conditions (I see you don’t use Pure of Voice and/or soldier runes)?.
Honestly, I can’t think of any support build without a strong conditions removal, so Pure of voice is a must for me.

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

he probably relies on absolute resolution, if he needs more than that purging flames and one of the cond removal meditations

Oceanic [LOD]

in Guardian

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

Being the most effective healer Guardian is not possible in GW2 for several reasons. One, there needs to be a Prec/Tough/Healing stat set, this would allow you to have 100% vigor uptime, threat from mobs and double the dodges. Two, the way damage is going in GW2 right now is two things, conditions, and spike – though the new gauntlet is a solo boss, she applies cripple, weakness and 1-hit KO’s, a deadly combo. No amount of healing is gonna help there.

Cleric Guardian was the first thing I did when I hit 80, before the Mace 250Healing was introduced. I found 0/30/0/30/10 to be fairly effective with about 800-1000HP. This way you could do decent DPS, have 100% Vigor uptime and hit allies with 1k dodge heals. Resolve share isn’t anywhere NEAR as good as Soothing Mist from an Elementalist (1200 share range), the share range is like 360 units or something and applies every few seconds. This means in most fights, you can’t cover everyone. On the other hand, though shouts suffer the same fate, you can target condition removal and boons to particular people. Cleric Guardian is really fun to play, and I wish it mattered, but it doesn’t. And I’ve seen with my eyes since I made the change to a more DPS oriented spec that killing something 20% faster while providing moderate support in terms of boons, conditon removal, mob positioning and projectile reflection far outweighs beating on something like a wet noodle and never dying while providing situationally useful heals.

The last thing is that I feel Boon duration is wasted on a Guardian who has fairly short base durations on the boons they pump out. You use the abilities for burst survivability, not sustained survivability.

As a crude example, Protection gives about 1300 Toughness, base uptime on traited Hold the Line is 4s every 28s roughly = 185 Toughness. You use up the equivalent of 1000 stat points (100% Boon Duration) to grant another 185 toughness (double duration). True it affects up to 5 people, but how often is everyone getting attacked consistently for a whole 8 seconds?

(edited by Ray.3780)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Also a full cleric guardian here. Been on 2200+ healing power as well
Have pretty much the same except im running 0 0 30 30 10.
With my build i have a 100% uptime of regeneration on my party wich heals 400 per second with 2200 healingpower.
I’ll post my build here when i get home so you can see what i run but i have some questions for the OP.

1. I see that you are using the virtue of resolve passive for extra healing over time.
But don’t you need to use it a lot for a little burst heal +5 seconds regeneration and to remove conditions?

2. Why sigil of water? running full cleric myself i find my crit chance pretty low and sigil of water only has a 30% chance to activate on a critical hit.

3. What is your uptime on protection and regeneration without increase boon duration food? (Using all your skills so also mace and shield). I think running protection+ runes is good for a hammer build but not like this when you don’t give a lot of protection anyways.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

(edited by Sampo.9678)

in Guardian

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

I will share my experience as guardian healer too.

First those thinking such build is useless and bring too small numbers don’t know this game or at least they ignored this part of the game.
When you play in group a guardian fully specced to heal makes the difference, it is as simple as using your tome of courage for the first impact and spam your nearly 3k AOE heal skill1. The elite skill is just crazy when full heal specced.

As for the max healing power you can go above 2.4k healing power with a tactical banner/signet of mercy/25 stack of sigil of life/healing power food.

For the build itself i use a slightly different built :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAW5elcgyCXFSGEm4ERVh9h9AjZUjXPS4DZIA-TkAibU34uxcj8G7NjGWbs/A
- First i go 30 in honor for the altruistic healing (almost 5k self heal with staff 4), it makes you also great at tanking which is great for a heal build.
- I use the 20% CD reduction on 2 handed weapons instead of the AOE heal. Get me right i find it great too but in a group fight it makes no difference if opponents are bursting so i prefer CD reduction on the significant staff 4 heal and other tools it provides (shout CD reduction and large symbol for the 2 others).
- last but not least 0 point in virtue ! I use the 10 remaining point in in zeal to get 20%CD reduction for the bow of truth utility i use. This utility provide a more than 4k AOE heal in a short time so it is an interesting burst heal for sure.
- 6 x Rune of dwayna
- healing power food

So the build i use is a bit more focused on instant/strong heals and less focused on boons but the spirit is the same.

What utility skills are you using (it seems you use shoots but you don’t take the CD reduction) ?

(edited by username.4932)

in Guardian

Posted by: Alfred Nobel.2914

Alfred Nobel.2914

Add 250 from sigil of life onto the 1960 he has already listed on the build he linked and you get 2210 healing power. He could also get another 47 using an exotic magi cloak instead of the ascended soldier cloak, as well as another 25 from infusions, without giving up anything significant.

Aha.. I see now that you guys use magi gear – with vitality and precision instead of thoughness and power, as in clerics. And with healingpower-food which takes 6% from vitality and puts out into healingpower, it makes total sense. And I maybe want to make it a try. With full clerics I don’t get to 2200 HP but you guys maybe do. I don’t know why this topic and all talk about “full cleric” if it is magi gear and not cleric?

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

Being the most effective healer Guardian is not possible in GW2 for several reasons. One, there needs to be a Prec/Tough/Healing stat set, this would allow you to have 100% vigor uptime, threat from mobs and double the dodges.

Magi gear gives precision, if that’s what you want. Note the guy a few posts above who uses magi armor with cleric’s accessories for 21% crit.

Not to mention you can get vigor from other sources.

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

Aha.. I see now that you guys use magi gear – with vitality and precision instead of thoughness and power, as in clerics. And with healingpower-food which takes 6% from vitality and puts out into healingpower, it makes total sense. And I maybe want to make it a try. With full clerics I don’t get to 2200 HP but you guys maybe do. I don’t know why this topic and all talk about “full cleric” if it is magi gear and not cleric?

Because he’s not the OP.

You can go full clerics and get 2200+. You get slightly less HP from the food but you can make that up by using the magi cloak instead of the soldier cloak (which isn’t cleric’s either…).

The problem with magi is that is sinks your bad damage even lower. It’s truly abysmal. The advantage is that it gives you some crit for more vigor and you can obtain it for free (cleric’s is only crafted).

My healer guardian is currently full magi with 0/15/30/25 spec using empowering might. This allows me to give more support through extra might stacks (both from VoJ spam after kill and EM). I haven’t played that character since the changes to mace trait so it probably isn’t optimal any more.

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

I have a simple question: maybe i misunderstood something, but how does your build counter conditions (I see you don’t use Pure of Voice and/or soldier runes)?.
Honestly, I can’t think of any support build without a strong conditions removal, so Pure of voice is a must for me.

PoV is not a stong condition removal trait. It removes 5 conditions every 60 seconds unless you trait for shout cooldowns and you use 3 shouts. You also probably don’t want to use your stability shout just to remove a condition.

If you’re worried about conditions, use the healing signet and the condition removal every 10s trait. Personally I think it’s completely unrealistic to expect to have amazing condition removal in addition to strong healing. Just like you don’t expect someone to have amazing condition removal with their DPS optimized build.

in Guardian

ArtemisEntreri.4138

PoV is not a stong condition removal trait. It removes 5 conditions every 60 seconds unless you trait for shout cooldowns and you use 3 shouts. You also probably don’t want to use your stability shout just to remove a condition.

If you’re worried about conditions, use the healing signet and the condition removal every 10s trait. Personally I think it’s completely unrealistic to expect to have amazing condition removal in addition to strong healing. Just like you don’t expect someone to have amazing condition removal with their DPS optimized build.

My warrior has fairly solid condition removal with Cleansing Ire + Melandru + Lemongrass + Dogged March. I still get lit up by condimancers though.

For group fights, being the guy that wipes tons of conditions for your group/zerg is a good feeling though since conditions are meta in WvW.

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

My warrior has fairly solid condition removal with Cleansing Ire + Melandru + Lemongrass + Dogged March. I still get lit up by condimancers though.

For group fights, being the guy that wipes tons of conditions for your group/zerg is a good feeling though since conditions are meta in WvW.

I have my warhorn/shout Warrior for that feeling, which does a vastly better job at it than Guardian.

in Guardian

Oakos.2417

Lots of great posts here guys!

1) I never meant this to be the be all end all healer build
2) I’m taking many points of info and advice and having fun tweaking, thanks for that!
3) For everyone asking things like “well what about this? Or what do you do if THIS happens? How do you handle THIS?” I adapt and swap out skills,traits and gear as needed while trying to maintain the core of the build as much as viable = )

Someone asked about condition removal with this build and the lack of overall skills to counter conditions… Its simple, if I know I’m headed into a condition heavy instance I change out skills and traits accordingly.

Again, this is just a base guide and mainly its accomplishing what I wanted it to do…spark some conversation and new ideas about the healing Guardian!

Carry on!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

Being the most effective healer Guardian is not possible in GW2 for several reasons. One, there needs to be a Prec/Tough/Healing stat set, this would allow you to have 100% vigor uptime, threat from mobs and double the dodges.

Magi gear gives precision, if that’s what you want. Note the guy a few posts above who uses magi armor with cleric’s accessories for 21% crit.

Not to mention you can get vigor from other sources.

I’m aware of Magi’s armor and mixing it with Cleric’s to get the desired effect. I guess the thing is that threat is determined by toughness, so the more Magi’s you get, the more balanced your defensive stats are, and the better you can keep vigor up, but you risk losing your effectiveness as an anchor. I guess it doesn’t matter since most standard DPS run a few pieces of PVT/Knights and full zerkers nowadays.

The more you invest in precision, the worse your personal DPS gets too, given the lack of critical damage, so either way increasing healing efficiency drops your effectiveness elsewhere significantly.

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

I’m aware of Magi’s armor and mixing it with Cleric’s to get the desired effect. I guess the thing is that threat is determined by toughness

We don’t know that. It may or may not be a factor in threat but even if it is, your damage will pale relative to the other players and damage is certainly a factor. That’s why PVT “tanking” doesn’t work. I’d also argue that as a group you’re far worse off having one player take all the damage vs. having the damage spread among the entire party. Almost every single heal affects the entire group so you’re doing yourself a big disservice effectively healing for 1/5 of your potential.

The more you invest in precision, the worse your personal DPS gets too, given the lack of critical damage, so either way increasing healing efficiency drops your effectiveness elsewhere significantly.

This is definitely true, but keep in mind your personal DPS is crap regardless of whether you are sporting power or precision. You’re using a mace half the time and staff half the time and that’s about as low of base DPS you can get. A 20% increase to crap damage isn’t much worse than a 60% increase to crap damage in the overall picture of your group’s damage output.

You don’t need to go full magi. Go magi armor/cloak and cleric accessories. Then your damage is only slightly less with a smallish boost to crit rate. You’ll also get crit from fury.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I’m running this one at the moment but there’s other nice idea’s in this thread as well.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNApeWlw1aCXFSLEm4ERWhVi9AjasjXPS4DZIA-jACBoNCiUDA0HRMLqIas1NFRjVNjIqWZDzIuIa1A-e

With this i’m able to keep up regeneration on my party with 100% uptime ticking around 400 per second (depending on sigil stack and food)

Maybe if i can balance a bit between regeneration upkeep and Absolute Resolution for my party i can get the heal per second up. But then i’ll need some more boon duration runes too

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Im looking forward to hearing from others on this build, Im a big boy and like to hear constructive criticism from the other heal and support guards out there but give this build a try, if you enjoy playing that nearly forgotten role of support in GW2 this build may just put a smile on your face!

From a WvW perspective I think you give up too much boons/mobility/condi cleanse in order to get a bit more extra healing, but that comes down to group synergy and what is needed more, so not necessarily a complaint, depends on your group.

~ AoN ~

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I have my warhorn/shout Warrior for that feeling, which does a vastly better job at it than Guardian.

You’re nuts if you believe warriors offer better group condition removal then a Guardian.

Over a 60s period:

VoR – 3x – 3 condition wipes
PoV – 1 Shout – 2x’s for 2 conditons
PoV – 1 Shout – 2x’s for 2 conditions
SY – 1 Full group condition Wipe

If you wanted to, in a stationary defense position, change out Purging Flames….

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

You’re nuts if you believe warriors offer better group condition removal then a Guardian.

Over a 60s period:

VoR – 3x – 3 condition wipes
PoV – 1 Shout – 2x’s for 2 conditons
PoV – 1 Shout – 2x’s for 2 conditions
SY – 1 Full group condition Wipe

If you wanted to, in a stationary defense position, change out Purging Flames….

We also have countless light fields.

in Guardian

Oakos.2417

Just a bump as I’m always changing my heal builds up and ALWAYS looking for advice, builds and “outside the box” ideas for those of us pushing the limits on GW2’s “healing” system! = )

I will post my most recent HammerHealer soon! Having attained Juggernaut I HAD to come up with something that works!

in Guardian

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

just using the idea for it…. (i dont have the gold or laurals/relics to get it all)
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|9.1k.a8.e.1k.a8.d1b.0.0|6.5k.h6.0.0.0|1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d|31l.0.31l.0.21l.0.21l.0.31l.0.2v.0|0.0.k47.u69c.k29|4x.1|x.1c.1b.18.0|e

Seems like it would be better for the most part, pushing that regen through the roof
and the Runes causing your heal skill to have a pretty substantial increase to its heal

although i prefer Dolyak runes for more personal survivability

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

in Guardian

Posted by: MercenaryK.4180

MercenaryK.4180

I couldn’t get past the very first sentence of the TC claiming to play 20 years as a pure healer in MMOs.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

I couldn’t get past the very first sentence of the TC claiming to play 20 years as a pure healer in MMOs.

Considering EQ1 was 14 years ago, and UO pre-dated that, I’m not sure why you have an issue with that statement. Is it because the healing model in this game is so different, or because you thought it was impossible?

in Guardian

Oakos.2417

@MercenaryK

Time flys! I understand its tough for some people to understand that MMOing is coming up on two decades now, crazy huh!? That said I got my start in Text based games and then in M59 pre-release testing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_59

Yes…Im old = )

in Guardian

Oakos.2417

@Sampo

Its hard to argue with the pure regen and healing from Dwayna runes for sure! The issue I had was the loss of boon duration which plays a large roll here. I might have to go back and test some more however! Good stuff!

in Guardian

Posted by: MercenaryK.4180

MercenaryK.4180

Thank you Oakos, now I can sleep better knowing that MMO really has been around for such a long time! I kept thinking of MUDs and was scouring for that, but they don’t count as MMO. It’s kinda weird to look back and think that MMO isn’t really that new at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

This build has been around a while, but maybe “casual” builds deserve their own stickied guide on the forums.

btw, last I heard Battle Presence and Absolute resolution do not stack.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.