Guardian Bugs compilation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaqalope.6175

Jaqalope.6175

Not sure where the line between bug and poorly designed is…
Some obvious ones:
Pure of Voice triggers sporadically.
Symbols (especially the swiftness one) don’t always apply their effects. Example: unless you run directly through the center of the swiftness symbol, you don’t gain swiftness.
Wards don’t work fully; i.e. people can walk through them.
Hammer’s root misses.
Renewed Focus doesn’t make you fully invulnerable; e.g. traps still hurt you.

There are more, but I can’t think of them at the moment.

Jaqalope
Charr Legionaire
Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

removed some of the bugs from the list, thank you anet, keep squashing em!!

in Guardian

Posted by: LITF.2576

LITF.2576

Here is another thing to list:
Radiance – Perfect Inscriptions trait – it’s unclear (atl to me) how exactly it affects signets, and I didn’t notice any improvements for Signet of Resolve and Signet of Judgement, other signets change to something unclear – like disappearing parts of tooltip. It needs better description and tooltips should be fixed as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

The self combo of laying down Purging Flame and the finishing it with Protector’s Strike, seems to only display the successful combo icon for Burning Bolts if used with no foe present. If a foe is present, regardless of if they strike at the block or not, the combo Burning Bolts does not display. Since it is burning damage, there is also no record of it in the log.

Update 2-2-2013.
Silly me for assuming from the tooltip that Protector’s Strike would proc the combo when the skill is started. According to the wiki though it only proc the combo if you are not struck during the 3 second duration.

It should be noted that other similar working skills like “Shield of Wrath” that are also finishers, cause the combo to fire instantly when the skill is initiated.

It would make sense for Protector’s Strike to proc when the skill is initiated. As it is the situations where you might derive any benefit from this combo are ones where is it highly likely you will get struck.

Bah. No doubt this will be ignored or even ridiculed by Arenanet, before going back to work to insure that every patch includes at least one new skill, combo, or buff for Elementalists.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

(edited by Jalad Lantana.3027)

in Guardian

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

can please leave the bug about and time when it fixed ?
i did liked to know the bug they fixed according to past update, ty

well i only use shout build atm, which sadly the only good build for me

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Genoshock.2104

Genoshock.2104

Virtue of Justice does not refresh when killing skritts north of Grey Gritta’s Waypoint in Harathi Hinterlands. However it does when killing the centaurs …

in Guardian

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Many times my guardian uses the downstate knockback and enemies are not effected by it, even though they do not have stability.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

in Guardian

Posted by: Faera Gaelwyn.4786

Faera Gaelwyn.4786

Judges Intervention:
This skill seems to have the same issue as the Sword’s Flashing Blade. I sometimes get teleported into objects/terrain near my target, and am unable to target enemies from within, and so unable to use either skill to teleport out. I’ve managed to get out by having a party member call target on a mob so i could target it and try to blink out, but sometimes it doesn’t work.
Examples: teleport to a rabbit, stuck in a rock. teleport to a cultist in giant FotM, stuck in the corner of a wall. teleport to a flame legion shaman up on a rocky ramp, stuck in between the ground and the top of the ramp.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dico.4815

Dico.4815

Pure of Voice still bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Hello,

Radiance XII – Perfect Inscriptions does not seem to change the passive signets bonus, on the hero panel, or the tooltip bar.

This is a Grand Master Trait, and it hasn’t been fixed clearly since Game launch.
I’m not complaining here, but six months to fix a Grand Master Trait begins to seem a little long.

At least, would it be possible to have an official feedback about how it improves passive effect on each Signet ?

Thank you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

Not sure if this was reported or not.

Renewed Justice will not recharge your virtues if you dodge while its activated. You will still be invulnerable and the skill will go into cd, though.

in Guardian

Gburzak.7035

One more. Sometimes I will find myself unable to swap weapons during combat. From what I’ve heard from random people so far, this seems only to happen to guardians (I had three other people confirm this, all guardians themselves, and no other class ever confirmed having this problem).

I will be able to swap weapons as soon as I get out of combat.

in Guardian

Gburzak.7035

Not sure if that belongs to the guardian forum, but hey. 6 runes of the soldier effect (shouts remove a condition) does not work underwater, at least not with the guardian shouts. I’ve tested them all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

^ maybe because your aquabreather replaces your head gear underwater ?

Btw the trait “Blind Exposure” seems to not work with the Supervisor NPC in wvw supply camps when his buff is still on. Everytime I use a blind from my GS, sword, or from activating VoJ, there are some “immune” pop up and the NPC doesn’t receive any stack of vulnerability or blind. I’m sure the NPC is not immune to blind because other people can apply it to him.

in Guardian

Gburzak.7035

^ maybe because your aquabreather replaces your head gear underwater ?

I am humbled never thought of that, haha!

in Guardian

Posted by: Darkstar.4176

Darkstar.4176

I have (what I believe to be) a bug to report about the trait “Renewed Justice” not properly refreshing Virtue of Justice (VoJ) while engaging enemies in a group.

I have been experiencing this bug since before the latest update so it’s not something that changed recently to cause the problem.

I have not had a single issue with Renewed Justice not working properly when fighting a single enemy, the enemy dies and VoJ is renewed without any issue. However, whenever I’ve been fighting multiple enemies, it doesn’t renew when one of the enemies dies but rather when all enemies currently engaged in combat with you die.

The tooltip suggests that it will renew whenever any enemy dies rather than when all of your current combat targets die.

I have yet to face enemies in a group and have renewed justice work when one of the enemies in the group dies so either its a bug with a 100% repro rate or it’s a case of a tooltip that doesn’t properly explain the function of the trait.

Hoping ANet still peruses through this thread and sees this

And to finish off, here’s a few bullet points to clarify potential questions that may come up:

- Guardian is currently level 62

- Size of the group has no effect on the issue, as long as there is more than one enemy, VoJ won’t refresh until all are dead.

- Whether or not you trigger VoJ before or after entering combat with the group of enemies also makes no difference, it still doesn’t refresh.

- It is not zone specific or enemy-type specific

- Having a party member engaged in combat with the same group does not make a difference either way, and the same is true for a non-party member engaged in combat with the group.

- (Not tested enough to be able to label as 100% valid) The only possible exception I could find is: If you are in combat with an enemy and another joins the fray and begins attacking you VoJ IS refreshed properly when the FIRST enemy dies, but not when the second dies.

Virality
FA – [HOPE]

(edited by Darkstar.4176)

in Guardian

Posted by: Alestes.4081

Alestes.4081

Some symbol bugs…

Guardian symbols are AoE skills so should hit a maximum of 5 targets but some of them only hit 3.

The greatsword and staff symbols work fine but the mace symbol only hits 3 targets.

The hammer symbol and the symbol from the trait Protector’s Impact hit 5 targets normally but will then only hit 3 if you use the trait Writ of Exaltations.

Haven’t been able to test the downed state symbol so I can’t tell if that one is bugged or not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhogall.4179

Rhogall.4179

Valorous Defense

Doesn’t trigger for me. Never ever.

Tezz The Relentless – Vertically Challenged Guardian
Ilario Ciarenni – Mesmerizing Human Mesmer
[TEO] The Exalted Ones

in Guardian

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Please, do you at least work on fixing the Signet of Mercy???
I do not get why it is still bugged after so many months after launch. Warrior’s reviving banner works always!

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

Was “Pure of Voice” supposed to work before “Superior Runes of The Soldiers” ?
I’ve tested several times today in Orr and it seems not that way. I was in an area with fire kept falling from the sky so I got burning condition constantly on me, then I used “Stand Your Ground” and only received Stability and Retaliation from it. The burning was removed but never converted to regeneration. The same happened for any single condition inflicted on me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

BUG;

Does Zealot’s Defense block or Destroy projectiles? Because right now, it isn’t proccing anything that claims to proc when you block.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I don’t know if is working as intended, but the spirit weapons, with exeption of Bow of Truth, cant commanded if a enemy is not selected (even if the sword activate where it is, not on an enemy selected; and the shield afect all enemies – up to 5?). The Bow activate in the area around it self.

Sorry for my english.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

BUG;

Does Zealot’s Defense block or Destroy projectiles? Because right now, it isn’t proccing anything that claims to proc when you block.

Projectiles aimed at the player are absorbed, and not actually blocked. As such, on-block traits such as Might of the Protector do not trigger.

(Source Wiki)
Q: Are the Projectiles abosorved during skill animations, cause the absord effect its like 1sec, if i recal on skill says 3secs?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

- sword skill 1, combo 3 “arc” something, cant hit flaming ram
- sword skill 3, dumb aiming the further the target
- scepter skill 1 orb too slow and always miss if start casting in range to a moving target
- shield skill 5, bugged if i try to cast it while being immobilize , and can we have cast that while moving please ?

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Rewiinded.9401

Rewiinded.9401

Line of Warding:

Tried using this on a platform in the jumping puzzle in WvW on the edge so that when enemies jumped on it they would get knocked off by it. What happened was that the enemy instead got knocked on his back whilst half floating in the air/being on the platform, two times in a row. Obviously the slight knockback should have knocked him off the platform. Please fix this.

in Guardian

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

Signet of mercy, the active effect does not work.

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Perfect Inscriptions doesn’t work in pve, it does work in heart of the mists though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

runes with +burn% duration doesnt seem to affect virtue of justice, and if it does the tool tip is wrong.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Guardian

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

On male norn guardian (tallest, skinniest build possible), Leap of Faith frequently misses if I’m at slightly higher elevation than the target. This doesn’t happen on my Asura guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

judges intervention will not work if i am at a different elevation then my target, i.e. there is a ledge in between us

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Guardian

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

^^ Umm, that doesn’t sound like a bug. Normally you can’t teleport up ledges.

The main list needs to be updated, some of those bugs have been fixed (like Virtue recharge rates being reflected in their tool tips.)

There are still some major bugs that have yet to be resolved, though. Symbol of Swiftness is one of the worst skills for actually applying swiftness due to multiple bugs:

1) Even with larger symbols enabled, it is possible at times to run from one end of the symbol to the other and never receive swiftness.
2) If you already have swiftness, it will only keep resetting your duration to whatever you had left +1s. IE: If you had 0.25s left of swiftness, it will set you to 1.25s of swiftness while you stand in it, essentially being a total waste if you already had swiftness on you at all.

The multiple bugs on Protector’s Strike make it terrible at its intended purpose. Most of the time it doesn’t block /any/ damage (though it’ll trigger its counter-attack,) and of course, if Aegis is up, your Aegis will be consumed as well.

Those bugs seem like the worst ones on the Guardian, at the moment, and they’ve been there since launch, still broken.

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Anyone been experiencing where Renewed Focus sometimes does not refresh virtues if you dodge roll out of it? I don’t get the refresh, I get maybe 1 second of invulnerability, and a 90 second cool down.

5/22
Keeps happening to me where I will trigger it and it goes on CD but I don’t get the virtues refreshed or the invulnerability(minus conditions) for 3 seconds. Very irritating. That’s my oh kitten button but it’s not working.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Guardian

Posted by: Orion.3812

Orion.3812

• Orb of Light
    The orb may rarely get stuck in the terrain prompting you to detonate it and never expiring due natural timer. (Will remain stuck until the player detonates it).

I’d like to note that this problem with Orb of Light happens if the orb hits specific terrain, but also when it hits a WvW gate, an invulnerable target, a blocking target, or a reflect effect.

What should be used as a 3-second cooldown damage skill quickly becomes a 12 second cooldown through no fault of the player. Anti-projectile effects are too strong against orb of light because of this bug, robbing the guardian of their primary source of reliable long-range damage. This seems like it should be a quick fix to adjust the spell so that it will always revert to the first chain cast after a short timer, because with the updated projectile travel speed the orb of light reaches its maximum range before the cooldown completes.

Co-leader of [FOX] Zero Given. http://fox.servegame.com

in Guardian

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

female staff auto attacks are showing delayed damage counters

the gs whirling wrath is not showing 7 hits but 4-5 hits. weird, but in town they are perfectly ok at 7 hits.

is this server lag or my com’s lag?

but i have never experienced these things until i changed from a male to a female toon using the total makeover kit.

is it the change that caused the problem?

in Guardian

Posted by: rathaniel.1986

rathaniel.1986

Is someone using Judge’s Intervention? Till this day it was good skill to get opponents faster. When any opp was too far skill was working with max distance in clicked man direction (like Leap of Faith skill). Now when guy is out of skill distance my guard is using skill in his positon without any movement. It is aimless now to use it ;/

in Guardian

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

I’m not sure whether or not this is a bug, but:
Pure of Heart does not show healing when it applies to allies.
While it does in fact heal them as it does you when an Aigis you apply is removed, it shows no healing digits or effect, unlike other healing skills or traits.

Thus making it rather difficult to tell when you actually healed them.

in Guardian

Posted by: manudiao.9803

manudiao.9803

Renewed Focus sometimes doesn’t refresh my virtues (+ gets on cooldown) if I’ll do a dodge roll at the end of it. Anyone else got this problem?

I’m not sure if you can watch the video if you don’t have a twitch account..

http://www.twitch.tv/manudiao/c/2366253

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Can you fix symbol of swiftness? It is a big problem in WvW. Basically, the symbol does not allow for the stacking of swiftness like any other skill. Here is a scenario:

1. I have 2 seconds of swiftness left. I lay down the symbol of swiftness and run over it. What happens? Nothing, because I still had some swiftness left, the symbol is ignored. Instead it should be 2 seconds + the duration of the swiftness from the symbol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Can you fix symbol of swiftness? It is a big problem in WvW. Basically, the symbol does not allow for the stacking of swiftness like any other skill. Here is a scenario:

1. I have 2 seconds of swiftness left. I lay down the symbol of swiftness and run over it. What happens? Nothing, because I still had some swiftness left, the symbol is ignored. Instead it should be 2 seconds + the duration of the swiftness from the symbol.

It seems even weirder than this:
1) The outline around the symbol in the buff bar sometimes resets to full, but the time isn’t updated, so the outline disappears around the buff really fast and noticeably. I want to say I noticed this when I have swiftness up from the retreat shout skill and then run into a symbol.
2) The symbol seems to work the same way as the damage symbols in that it works off a “tick”. If cast it in front of me and run through it often, maybe half the time, I get zip. If I run into the symbol and stay there I always get the buff, sooner or later, though it seems like always with in a second.

As an FYI, swiftness “additions” seem very flaky. Swiftness gets added to always if it comes from a shout or a horn. My guardian’s swiftness gets added to properly if I hit the symbol first and then “retreat”. Warrior swiftness buffs from horns always seem to work properly.

Swiftness from ground effects, like the symbol or the (dunno the name) Mez’s line cast (I want to say) never add to existing swiftness. When my thief dodges, gets 2sec swiftness from the trait for it and then runs through the Mez line he never gets added swiftness.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in Guardian

Posted by: RawVegan.7518

RawVegan.7518

Ridiculous Bug in Spvp:

When you start a match with the #1 trait in Virtues (Unscathed Contender – +20%dmg while under the effect of Aegis), you won’t get the Aegis buff! lol Even if you had it before, it will remove your aegis. You won’t be able to get the Aegis even after waiting 40s with virtue of courage I think.

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Tome of Courage

Tome of Courage will remove any active effect of Protection you have on you when the duration ends or is exited early.
No mather the source from where the protection was gained, “Ex: Self buffing from Protective spirit”, or protection gained from allies.

Strength in numbers

Guardian minor trait “Strength in numbers” buff Tool tip still states 70 toughness although the actual effect mimic the 150 described in Skills and Traits.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Sarok.4369

Lord Sarok.4369

Rune of Lyssa #6 Does not trigger upon activating Tomes.

TC Commander! PINK POWER!
FC Follower! GF Guardian!
Proud Asura! Guardians Forever!

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Rune of Lyssa #6 Does not trigger upon activating Tomes.

I believe it does if you actively cancel the tome before the transform wears off

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Sarok.4369

Lord Sarok.4369

Not how it is intended. It works upon activation. But not with tomes. Imagine popping a tome with 5 secs of stability granted, yes please. Actually allows us to us some of the skills. Plus it doesnt always activate on cancel.

TC Commander! PINK POWER!
FC Follower! GF Guardian!
Proud Asura! Guardians Forever!

in Guardian

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Renewed Focus sometimes doesn’t refresh my virtues (+ gets on cooldown) if I’ll do a dodge roll at the end of it. Anyone else got this problem?

I’m not sure if you can watch the video if you don’t have a twitch account..

http://www.twitch.tv/manudiao/c/2366253

Thats not a bug, you are interrupting the skill before it ends so it doesn’t refresh your virtues.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bladedrummer.8527

Bladedrummer.8527

When “Strength in numbers” is active, the buff tooltip still says it grants up to 70 toughness instead of the new value of 150.

To reproduce:
1) Spec a level 80 guardian with strength in numbers
2) Enter combat (training dummies in Lion’s Arch will work)
3) When the effect is active, hover your mouse over it (next to your boons)
4) Verify that it still says “Grants 70 toughness” and not 150 as per latest patch.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gintoki.9458

Gintoki.9458

The Bow of Truth no longer heals allies in the AoE when commanded, bugged or nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Moderator

Hey everybody,

We are currently in the process of cleaning up old sticky posts. We have noticed that this bug list is no longer being maintained by the original poster, so we are going to let it drop off. If somebody would like to take up the mantle of maintaining a current bug list, you are welcome to do so. If such a thread is created, please use the report button to alert the moderation team of your request for sticky.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I don’t mind taking this on, unless someone else is really keen on doing it.

I’m going to spend some time going through the existing bugs and checking which ones still apply. If anyone can easily spot anything that is out of date, please post it here

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Thx Tarsius, appreciate it.