Guardian Bugs compilation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

Please post here all the bugs you have found with guardian skills/traits/functionality so we get some of the Anet love for guardians. I will keep this post updated as more information becomes available. DO NOT POST SUGGESTIONS.
Special thanks to They are hashes.4523 for the formatting ideas.

_Virtues ______________________________________________

• Virtue recharge rates from the Virtues line is not reflected in a Virtue’s tooltip. It works, but you won’t see the change if you mouse-over a Virtue.
  • Virtue of Justice
    Burn duration only lasts for 4 seconds for 4 tics of damage instead of 5 as indicated in the tooltip.

_Traits ______________________________________________

• Monk’s Focus
    It won’t activate if you use a merciful intervention and it didn’t teleport you to an ally. It does activate if you successfully teleport to an ally.
  • Courageous Return
    Only recharges Virtue of Courage when you rally killing an enemy while downed, it will not reset the cooldown if you rally via healing from other players.
  • Perfect Inscriptions
    • Displays a different behavior in the Mists than in PvE area, explanation here.
    • Makes the passive effects of signets disappear from the tooltips on the skills.
  • Vengeful
    Tooltip doesn’t reflect retaliation increase.
  • Renewed Justice
    Several users report that it may fail to renew itself upon dealing the finishing blow on a foe.
  • Right-Hand Strenght
    The 15% extra crit while using a 1 hander weapon is not reflected on the character panel. Currently unknown if it is actually working or not since it may only affect the mainhand and not your offand, and that could be the reason its not reflected on your stats.

_Greatsword ______________________________________________

_Trident ______________________________________________

• Refraction
    Cast time is supposed to be 1.25 seconds. It roots you and makes you unable to move or cast spells for another 1.5 seconds AFTER the spell has been finished.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

_Hammer ______________________________________________

• Has a tendency of forming itself a floor below the guardian in terrains with several layers like the Orr ship.
  • The symbol may fail to form if there are several fields around the guardian, most noticeably in the Orr events where there is many people.
  • Ring of Warding
    • Enemies may exit the ring without stability if timing their jumps or dodges correctly.
    • Cancels the knockdown animation from enemies affected by banish.

_Staff ______________________________________________

• Orb of Light
    The orb may rarely get stuck in the terrain prompting you to detonate it and never expiring due natural timer. (Will remain stuck until the player detonates it).
  • Symbol of Swiftness
    Will not add its swiftness duration on top of another different swiftness source. May also completely fail to apply Swiftness when going through the symbol.
  • Line of Warding
    • Enemies may pass through the line without stability if timing their jumps or dodges correctly.
    • Cancels the knockdown animation from enemies affected by banish.

_Sword ______________________________________________

• Flashing Blade
    The teleport component may put you inside the terrain unable to move afterwards, may sometimes fail to teleport to a target that should be able to like on a ledge.

_Shield ______________________________________________

• Shield of Absortion
    • Leaving this skill in auto cast mode will cause the shield to display the dome animation forever until the player inputs a command. The dome itself will not keep negating ranged attacks past its normal intended duration.
    • Users report issues detonating the shield sometimes, I noticed that it happens often if you try to detonate too quickly.

_Mace ______________________________________________

• Protector’s Strike
    • The blocking component will consume itself and other sources at the same time, like Aegis or Shield of Wrath stacks.
    • The skill will fail to block any attack from enemies that were not previously aggressive towards the player, meaning that if you preemptively cast the skill, move into aggro range and the mob hits you, it will not block any attack.

_Utility Skills ______________________________________________

• Purging Flames
    Will only remove 1 condition when you enter the ring.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

_Elite Skills ______________________________________________

Renewed Focus

• The tooltip won’t display the duration if the trait Elite Focus is selected.
  • Sometimes it may start the animation and not offering any protection for the 3 seconds, if you move the spell will not go on cooldown and you can cast it again.

_Other really important bugs ______________________________________________

• Exploitable The trait Consecrated Ground will reset the cooldown on consecrations when selected, meaning that you could cast a sanctuary, open the trait menu, select Consecrated ground and cast another sanctuary immediately. Basically there are 2 versions of the same skill, 1 ground targeted and one on the guardian, and the trait swaps the skills on your bar, each with its own individual cooldown.

_General Issues ______________________________________________

• Rune of Earth & Rune of the Grove
    The 2 set bonus to increase protection duration is not reflected on skill tooltips, the bonus duration is correctly applied though. It may be a generalized issue with specific boons getting increased not being displayed on the tooltips.
  • Signet of Mercy
    The tooltip is ambiguous, should indicate it rallies downed players, not revives, as it does not revive a defeated player.

_Unsure ______________________________________________

• Signet of Mercy
    Fails to rally a downed player while poisoned if very low hp, user reported it brought him to 70% instead so maybe the poison cut the healing and it did not heal enough to rally?
  • Shield of Absortion
    does not absorb cannonballs, is it supposed to absorb those kind of projectiles too? ( like trebuche’s or cannon projectiles)
  • Orb of Light
    Several users report that this spell tends to shoot at random directions and several issues detonating the orb, or that it tends to crash onto any kind of non flat terrains.
  • Auto Attacks chains won’t start by themselves on enemies being hit by symbols, for example symbol of wrath without the player activating the auto attack chain by himself before the symbol is cast, is this intended or bug?, if the enemy is being auto attacked and then the aoe field is laid down the auto attacks will continue normally.
  • Are guardian shouts supposed to be heard by other players like the warrior ones? because currently it is not possible to hear other guardians shouting sound.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Reserved for future bugs

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

Merciful Intervention doesn’t receive the recharge reduction of Meditation Mastery even though the tool tip is correct (states 64 secs cd however start at the untraited 80 secs).

in Guardian

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Merciful Intervention doesn’t receive the recharge reduction of Meditation Mastery even though the tool tip is correct (states 64 secs cd however start at the untraited 80 secs).

Works fine for me?

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Guardian

Posted by: VisceralMonkey.6128

VisceralMonkey.6128

Merciful Intervention doesn’t appear to actually do any healing, at least for me, on PC characters. Not sure if this is by design or not, but I don’t even bother with it because of this.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Just verified this myself, thank you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Symbol of Wrath turns off your auto attack.

I don’t know if this is intended or not, but I personally find it rather annoying.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

One more thing:

Under Siege (is this the Vigil storyline where you have to break Zhaitan’s catapults?)

Killing enemies in this story quest does not trigger “Renewed Justice,” which should refresh Virtue of Justice after killing an enemy.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

One more thing:

Under Siege (is this the Vigil storyline where you have to break Zhaitan’s catapults?)

Killing enemies in this story quest does not trigger “Renewed Justice,” which should refresh Virtue of Justice after killing an enemy.

Unless the enemy rewards loots or experience, Renewed Justice won’t activate.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

One more thing:

Unless the enemy rewards loots or experience, Renewed Justice won’t activate.

Good to know. Thanks!

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

Greatsword

• Symbol of Wrath
    Will not burn enemies as description indicates, it will deal damage every second like other symbols though.

I don’t think it’s a bug, more like a confusing description. Under the tool tip, there’s no indication that the spell will cause burning (You will usually see something like: Burning (5s): 1337 Damage)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ringsel.6139

Ringsel.6139

Another ?Animation? Bug

Skill – Sword Wave (1-Hand Sword)

Using a skill with cast time sometimes cancel Sword Wave (no damage) even if the animation is complete and the 3 blue blades hit the enemy.

in Guardian

Posted by: FishofMuu.2643

FishofMuu.2643

I don’t think it’s a bug, more like a confusing description. Under the tool tip, there’s no indication that the spell will cause burning (You will usually see something like: Burning (5s): 1337 Damage)

It could be that it USED to have burning which has since been removed, and they forgot to change the text. It’s also possible that it’s the other way around (they decided to add it, wrote it, and forgot to do it). Also possible that burning doesn’t show on the tooltip because they’re automatically inserted, and it’s not there or bugged (for example, if they put a typo, the program might just ignore that line, not add burning, and not add it to the tooltip).

Could be lots of things, really… either way, burning should be added, or the tooltip should be rewritten.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Another ?Animation? Bug

Skill – Sword Wave (1-Hand Sword)

Using a skill with cast time sometimes cancel Sword Wave (no damage) even if the animation is complete and the 3 blue blades hit the enemy.

Verified, thank you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Miseris.7498

Miseris.7498

The 30 point trait “Right Hand Strength” doesn’t seem to work, or at least while in the Mists with the trait swapping between a 2h sword or 1h Mace, my listed crit chance stays the same.

in Guardian

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I believe there is another rune set that offer 10% Protection duration. If I recall correctly, the grove?

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Guardian

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Trait Strength In Numbers is not showing the extra toughness on your character sheet, nor your allies. Not sure if it works, but the character sheet suggests that it doesn’t. A similar bug exists for a ranger talent that functions much the same.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

added both the strenght and toughness bugs to the list.

in Guardian

Posted by: Verdian.3956

Verdian.3956

The “Shield of Absorption” generated by the “Resolute Healer”-trait does not push back enemies.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

added to the list

in Guardian

Posted by: Calixti.2037

Calixti.2037

I’m not really sure if this a bug or not, could be just a suggestion or a sound issue….or nothing at all really O_o I just made a post awhile back about female human guardian sounds with the greatsword.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-Human-Greatsword-sounds/first#post61115

It’s just while attacking, ONLY with the greatsword, the female human makes these weird, annoying high pitched sounds. Here’s a video someone made of the sounds. I’m really only referring to the first two “bad” sounds in the video that are just horrible to hear:

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

i think that is more like a human bug more than guardian ;p

in Guardian

Posted by: Darkunov.9165

Darkunov.9165

The staff’s second skill (Ball of Light?)’s 2nd stage (basically after the ball is launched and before it goes out of range/you explode it) will not go on cooldown under certain circumstances. I am not certain about this, but I think one such circumstance is when a target blocks the ball.

This makes the ball disappear as if the enemy’s shield was a part of the terrain, however the skill, not going on cooldown by itself, forces you to “explode” the ball and trigger the longer cooldown. Making the ball explode that way doesn’t do any damage or heal, since it doesn’t exist anymore.

in Guardian

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Merciful Intervention doesn’t appear to actually do any healing, at least for me, on PC characters. Not sure if this is by design or not, but I don’t even bother with it because of this.

I’ve noticed this too. Sometimes it seems to work, but one issue with that is the missing green numbers that indicate the amount healed. . Also when it does work, it doesn’t seem to heal the user at times.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Guardian

Posted by: BrightSoul.1843

BrightSoul.1843

The greatsword skill “Leap of faith” is very likely to miss if you’re fighting on sloping terrain.
Even if the leap is sufficient to cover the distance that’s between you and the enemy, the slash will not hit it due to the small difference in altitude.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

I didn’t notice this thread. I have 1 more to add. Renewed Focus does not recharge Virtue of Courage if you are traited with Shieled Mind. I just posted here.

in Guardian

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Thanks again. Like I told Necro players this is very helpful. There are 600 traits and about 800 skills, some are bound to break. We will look at this stuff ASAP. Reminder, fixes take a few days, then we need to test them for a week or so.

Jon

in Guardian

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

Signet of Mercy – does not revive a dead ally only downed ones, has preference to NPC’s more on Party members.

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

(edited by Moderator)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

Does permeating wrath work for anyone? It might be because I use 2handed weapons, but there didn’t seem to be any indication that any burning I was applying was to an area. Does justice only activate on one target, or does it activate on the attack, meaning the hammer’s blast attack would already accomplish an area burn?

in Guardian

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Good. Here are the bugs I have found:

Protecter’s Strike (Guardian Mace 3) has a few problems:
1. It blocks attacks using Aegis and Shield of Wrath stacks before it’s own block. So using it while having Aegis is a waste, I think it should prioritize using it’s own block rather than Aegis.
2. Sometimes it doesn’t block at all. I have noticed this mainly against ranged and boss AoE attacks, and it seems to occur randomly. I have found one way to reproduce this: Start casting while the mobs are out of combat (didn’t see you). Move into aggro range, and all their attacks (melee and ranged) will hit you, ignoring the block.

Shield of Wrath (Guardian Focus 5): performs a Blast Finisher both when started (when you push 5) and when it explodes.

Leap of Faith: Using it on slopes is buggy. How to reproduce: Be on higher ground than the enemy. Because of the way this skill is designed, when you leap you first make a straight horizontal jump then a vertical descent. If at the end of the horizontal jump, the height between you and your enemy is higher than the skill’s Radius, the skill will miss.
It also misses if you are on lower ground, sometimes the player character won’t reach the usual distance covered by the skill’s leap because he’s trying to go through the ground towards the end of the jump (and apparently that’s an inefficient mode of charging your enemy :P)

Whirling Wrath Has a 100% miss chance for enemies that aren’t very close to you and aren’t to your sides. The tooltip says this weapon has 600 range. The actual range of the skill is 130-200ish. Mobs at 300 range in all directions will not get hit.

I think you needed to reserve more posts buddy :P

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

(edited by Y u mad its vydia.6324)

in Guardian

Posted by: Grakor.3450

Grakor.3450

I, too, have noticed that sometimes Protector’s Strike doesn’t properly block attacks.

Also, as noted in another thread, “Hold the Line!” is not properly giving an audio clip like other shouts, depending on your race/gender combination.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Signet of Mercy – does not revive a dead ally only downed ones, has preference to NPC’s more on Party members.

Pretty sure it should only revive them if they are downed, not defeated, just like the warriors banner elite.

in Guardian

Posted by: Doug.9628

Doug.9628

“Hold the Line!” has no audio component for female sylvari, male norn and male human

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I tested the master inscription trait and it is working fine for me, adding like 18-20 of the corresponding stat,

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Shield of Wrath (Guardian Focus 5): performs a Blast Finisher both when started (when you push 5) and when it explodes.

tested this also and i was never able to get the blast effect when it expired only when i activated it ;o, need moar testin

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Does permeating wrath work for anyone? It might be because I use 2handed weapons, but there didn’t seem to be any indication that any burning I was applying was to an area. Does justice only activate on one target, or does it activate on the attack, meaning the hammer’s blast attack would already accomplish an area burn?

Tested this, it only works on the passive burn and on the targets you hit or are really close to your primary target, what i did is use hammer 2 attacks on the dummys and it would burn all even if they were kind of far away if i hit them with the blast.

i also tested a single target skill with the flashing blade and it would burn everything close to the primary target. i believe its working as intended, what i dont know though is if its supposed to apply the 5s burn if you active the virtue and burn all of them or just one

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: Eijolend.2485

Eijolend.2485

Pretty sure it should only revive them if they are downed, not defeated, just like the warriors banner elite.

I couldn’t get it to work at all – neither on downed allies nor defeated allies. The only thing I managed to revive so far were defeated NPCs that accompany you in the dungeons.

in Guardian

SunRain.8972

I couldn’t get it to work at all – neither on downed allies nor defeated allies. The only thing I managed to revive so far were defeated NPCs that accompany you in the dungeons.

they should fix the details about it then because its really confusing if so. Even so i still couldnt revive anything but NPC’s most of the time.

“Hold the Line!” has no audio component for female sylvari, male norn and male human

no audio for male Sylvaris aswell.

Flowers will never grow

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Whirling Wrath Has a 100% miss chance for enemies that aren’t very close to you and aren’t to your sides. The tooltip says this weapon has 600 range. Bolts “fly” outwards only to the player’s left and right, so unless the enemies are in those directions the actual range of the skill is 130-200ish. Mobs at 300 range in front (probably the back) of the player never get hit (tested).

Need some help understanding the bug. Are you talking about the 9x hits range or just the bolts that fly around?, i tested and the range of the big damage spin is the same as auto attacks and i was able to hit all targets in a 360 degree circle from me that where in that range.

Sorry I’m testing stuff first before adding but i need to understand clearly to explain the bug as much as possible in the least amount of characters.

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Need some help understanding the bug. Are you talking about the 9x hits range or just the bolts that fly around?, i tested and the range of the big damage spin is the same as auto attacks and i was able to hit all targets in a 360 degree circle from me that where in that range.

Sorry I’m testing stuff first before adding but i need to understand clearly to explain the bug as much as possible in the least amount of characters.

Hey, I’m not sure how you can hit things with it, all my attacks from it simply miss if the target is not in melee range. I’m assuming that bolts should be hitting in a circle around your character in a 600 range radius, but every time I use the skill and my target isn’t very close to me I deal no damage to it. I need to test it more when mobs are at my sides, but it’s clear that there’s something wrong with the skill for mobs in front of me.

I don’t know if there is more than one component to the skill. I have assumed that ‘bolts’ and ‘9x hits’ had the same range. If it isn’t so, the tooltip should be changed. It’s pretty confusing as it is now, as the skill is useless for damage when the enemy is at range. I will try to record this, but I’m on a low-end laptop and I’m not sure I can handle Fraps.

LE: I was playing Engineer atm but I will now log in my Guardian to further test this.

LE2: I’m done testing. Here’s how to reproduce: go into 600 range (your Leap skill has 600 range). Use Whirlling Wrath. All your attacks now miss I have seen a stray bolt go right through the enemy and Miss, so it’s about bolts too not just the 9x hits.

As I go closer it still misses all the time until 130 range, with only bolts hitting at a bit higher range (250ish) – so the bolts aren’t just visual. They must actually hit the target, but their range is clearly bugged. The 9x hits are 130 range indeed. After further testing the direction I’m facing doesn’t matter. It still misses. Disregard that part, I will edit it out of my original post to prevent confusion.

I think I remember a developer saying once that the bolts are purely visual and that the skill should actually hit everything in a circle. Right now it’s stupid to say the skill has a “range” when even at 200ish range you only 1 enemy with 1 bolt doing very low damage. And I’m pretty sure they aren’t there for random condition removal either

(edited by Y u mad its vydia.6324)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I did extensive testing on signet of mercy, i was able to rally players defeated while being targeted and not targeted at 800 range or so, so im pretty sure the signet is being subject of the prioritize buff bug at the end of the list, in which is attempting to resurrect whatever you have closer to you instead of a player in range that needs it.

Edit: Supposed to be Downed not defeated.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Whirling Wrath Has a 100% miss chance for enemies that aren’t very close to you and aren’t to your sides. The tooltip says this weapon has 600 range. Bolts “fly” outwards only to the player’s left and right, so unless the enemies are in those directions the actual range of the skill is 130-200ish. Mobs at 300 range in front (probably the back) of the player never get hit (tested).

Hey, I’m not sure how you can hit things with it, all my attacks from it simply miss if the target is in front of me and not in melee range. I’m assuming that bolts should be hitting in a circle around your character in a 600 range radius, but every time I use the skill and my target isn’t very close to me I deal no damage to it. I need to test it more when mobs are at my sides, but it’s clear that there’s something wrong with the skill for mobs in front of me.

I don’t know if there is more than one component to the skill. I have assumed that ‘bolts’ and ‘9x hits’ had the same range. If it isn’t so, the tooltip should be changed. It’s pretty confusing as it is now, as the skill is useless for damage when the enemy is at range. I will try to record this, but I’m on a low-end laptop and I’m not sure I can handle Fraps.

LE: I was playing Engineer atm but I will now log in my Guardian to further test this.

The skill itself has 2 component, the Sword hits and the Bolts

Sword hits are the x9 times damage, the range is the same as auto attack, test it on the dummies at the mists.

The Bolts are a different thing and they just fly in random directions dealing like 1 hit of damage, pretty bad its just luck stuff., those are the 600 range things.

in Guardian

SunRain.8972

I did extensive testing on signet of mercy, i was able to rally players defeated while being targeted and not targeted at 800 range or so, so im pretty sure the signet is being subject of the prioritize buff bug at the end of the list, in which is attempting to resurrect whatever you have closer to you instead of a player in range that needs it.

ill try it by litterly standing on top of a person far from a defeated npc and see.
i wish the prioritize will be
targeted player>party member> regular player downed>regular player defeated>players pet>npc

it just seems really issued

Flowers will never grow

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Protecter’s Strike (Guardian Mace 3) has a few problems:
1. It blocks attacks using Aegis and Shield of Wrath stacks before it’s own block. So using it while having Aegis is a waste, I think it should prioritize using it’s own block rather than Aegis.

Verified and added

in Guardian

Posted by: Naglifar.1684

Naglifar.1684

SoA Bubble:

myself and another guardian from the guild I’m in tried many different test to gauge the distance of the push-back distances for the different size shields.

I can confirm they are all the same push-back distance.

If an an asura guardian uses his SoA bubble in the center of the target golems, and then a norn uses his SoA bubble—You will see the target golems go a further distance.

However, this has nothing to do with bubble size—rather it has to do with a fixed pushback distance on the shield (ie there is no control in your test)

Simply put, if a guardian uses a push-back on foe at position (1)
\_ foe is now at position (2) but is still in range of a second push-back
\_ if pushed by a second SoA, foe will be pushed to position (3)

Our method for determining the actual bubble ‘size’ and its sphere of influence for knocking enemies back involved:

Both starting at a max range from target golem, using the ability & inching our way closer until it did hit (and push-back).

both of our SoA push-back effects effected a distant foe at the same point, with the larger shield providing no extra push-back reach or knock-back distance.

Furthermore, we tested the ‘actual size’ distance of the combo field with projectile finisher moves. Bullets just outside the tiny Asura bubble will still trigger a combo projectile finisher, ergo the bubbles are the same despite their aesthetic differences.

in Guardian

SunRain.8972

Also
Shield of Absobrtion Detonate(sequence)
either its laggy or anything else sometimes when i press it, it does not Detonate.
the shield it self is 4 seconds long so sometimes i admit on missing it either make it afew seconds longer, or make the sequence button option blinking

Flowers will never grow

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

@Apraxas I have reached that conclusion through testing myself. I do however say that the range is not 600 for the bolts. I kept testing this, and I think I’ve used the skill about 60 times in 400 range now. Bolts fly through enemies and miss.