Guardian Bugs compilation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

Is it just me, or does Shelter have a shorter duration underwater?

in Guardian

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

The skill Sanctuary should knok back any melee and protect you from any projektiles but instant melee can still hit you if they know how to position themself and Balista shoots get right through it instant of beeing absorbed like kata and treb rocks.
There are some more skill that just go right through it but this 2 are the major problem.

in Guardian

Posted by: rickshaw.5279

rickshaw.5279

Resolute Healer works for me, so dunno what the OP is talking about. Playing a female norn if that makes a difference.

Summoned Shield Weapon however does not work… at all. The graphic pops but it doesn’t push anyone nor block anything. Completely non-functional.

Sigil of Earth most certainly does not stack at all. I’ve tested by itself as well as with 2 piece bonus of Earth and Monk. Duration does not change either in tooltip or buff icon. This should be EASILY noticible with the ability “Save yourself!” where with Water and Monk the duration clearly increases to 14 seconds and with Earth equipped it should increase to no less than 15 1/2 seconds… which it is not. Either in tooltip or buff icon.

OP needs to be updated. A lot of bugs I’m seeing listed there aren’t appearing in game at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

Resolute Healer works for me, so dunno what the OP is talking about. Playing a female norn if that makes a difference.

Summoned Shield Weapon however does not work… at all. The graphic pops but it doesn’t push anyone nor block anything. Completely non-functional.

Sigil of Earth most certainly does not stack at all. I’ve tested by itself as well as with 2 piece bonus of Earth and Monk. Duration does not change either in tooltip or buff icon. This should be EASILY noticible with the ability “Save yourself!” where with Water and Monk the duration clearly increases to 14 seconds and with Earth equipped it should increase to no less than 15 1/2 seconds… which it is not. Either in tooltip or buff icon.

OP needs to be updated. A lot of bugs I’m seeing listed there aren’t appearing in game at all.

• Ok so you are telling me that your resolute healer pushes back enemies
  • You want a sigil to increase duration on your protection when you are supposed to use runes.
  • Rune of earth is working fine, please do appropriate research and testing before posting.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

The skill Sanctuary should knok back any melee and protect you from any projektiles but instant melee can still hit you if they know how to position themself and Balista shoots get right through it instant of beeing absorbed like kata and treb rocks.
There are some more skill that just go right through it but this 2 are the major problem.

Sanctuary does push if they get close, if they know how to position themselves thats just an oversight, not really a bug,

Already posted asking of those kind of bubble spells are supposed to absorb those skills.

in Guardian

Posted by: axiolamer.5941

axiolamer.5941

wanna talk about binding blade? that too often dont pull anything-?

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I only see it fail to pull stuff when they get stuck somewhere on the terrain, or when they have stability, or when they out range the skill.

Other thing i notice is that it seems the swords that fly to bind the target can be intercepted by other mobs in the way (not 100% sure), but other than that i haven’t see in just fail, what happened in your case?

in Guardian

Posted by: AbsintheMinded.4609

AbsintheMinded.4609

Yes it seems like it only grabs one mob per direction, and the pull has a limited ranged. For instance, if they are at max range when you pull, they get pulled about halfway to you. Could be buffed, IMO.

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Guardian shouts are bugged (maybe most shouts are, regardless profession), audio-wise: the party/allies can’t hear them. We can hear warriors “For Great Justice”, therefore, ALL shouts should be heard not only to me, but to everybody else in the area. It’s an important audio cue, and expected of shouts. I doubt this is intended game behavior-something is coded so that allied buffs quotes are taking priority over the buffing shouts themselves.

The audio from “Hold the Line” has the worse priority of them all-party members will get buffed and state so accordingly, but the shout itself is rarely audible, even to the Guardian himself/herself (I have heard it a total of 5-6 times since playing from pre-launch day.)

in Guardian

Posted by: SpiritualAwakening.5347

SpiritualAwakening.5347

One thing I have noticed, Symbol of Wrath (Greatsword 4) causes my auto-attack to turn off. I saw it mentioned one other place below. I’m not sure if it is supposed to be that way.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

I don’t know if this is a bug or just an undocumented feature but:

Sword Wave functions as a small-range projectile with a small arc, not a melee attack. Consequently, it will usually miss stationary objects that are not in its limited trajectory.

Wish I had a better way of wording that. I confirmed this by discovering that Magnetic Shield reflects Sword Wave damage back on to me.

If this is common knowledge, my apologies for stating the obvious.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Cuddle Time.4027

Cuddle Time.4027

Guardians seem to be enjoying an exploit involving protector’s strike with a mace and swapping weapons before the duration is up. They end up with a block similar to the warrior 5. Much more survivability for an already beefy profession.

Cuddle Time, out!

in Guardian

Posted by: HellHeart.4391

HellHeart.4391

Maybe its just me but I noticed that the Sword of Justice command function deals half damage than what is stated compared to its normal attack which deals atleast 75% of what is stated on the tooltip.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Guardians seem to be enjoying an exploit involving protector’s strike with a mace and swapping weapons before the duration is up. They end up with a block similar to the warrior 5. Much more survivability for an already beefy profession.

So thats exactly what i was looking for, thanks a bunch

in Guardian

Posted by: Chantastic.3084

Chantastic.3084

On Renewed Justice, I’ve noticed that it only recharges if I get experience and get the killing blow. Some event spawns don’t give EXP to prevent easy farming, and I’ve noticed that I don’t always get EXP from those mobs.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I believe i already have this on the list, thanks ;d

in Guardian

Cuddle Time.4027

Monk’s Focus will not heal the guardian upon use of Merciful Intervention when there is no nearby ally to blink to.

Cuddle Time, out!

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

According to the wiki monk’s focus Doesn’t improve Merciful Intervention; only works with Judge’s Intervention, Contemplation of Purity and Smite Condition. I wonder if its a bug or its intended to be that way.

in Guardian

Cuddle Time.4027

Well, the thing is that it works when you teleport, but not when you use it on yourself. Either way it’s inconsistent.

Cuddle Time, out!

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Well, the thing is that it works when you teleport, but not when you use it on yourself. Either way it’s inconsistent.

i see, i did some testing and yep, when you use it and teleport you get healed for a lot more than if you just used it without teleport.

in Guardian

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

Sadly i feel this thread is useless, the worst bugs are still there since day1 and each update only introduce meaningless changes and nerf.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brown.8560

Brown.8560

it seems a new bug was introduced with the last halloween update. Renewed justice no longer works.

Using a GS.

Only happened during the instance, battle for fort trinity. issue is not persistent in the explorable world.

(edited by Brown.8560)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

Orb of light get stuck into terrain or object sometimes, if you don’t detonate it it last for like 15-20 sec idk if is was intended.

We’re out of chicken

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

How is your experience with the new leap of faith guys? is it good enough to warrant removing it from the list?

removed the underwater renewed focus bug since it works fine now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

Leap of Faith is still bugged, the latest patch just made the elevation part slightly better; still bugged. Also leaps over or through enemies – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Leap-of-Faith-accuracy

in Guardian

Posted by: EvilirSar.6921

EvilirSar.6921

Trait: Inner Fire doesn’t give the Fury boon as stated and/or there is no critical change to the characters stats. Plus there is no noticeable increase in criticals.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-Guardian-Trait-Inner-Fire/first#post554029

Thank you for your fine work

in Guardian

EvilirSar.6921

Trait: Power of the Vituous

The Guardian Trait: Power of the Virtuous is suppose to give a 1% damage increase per boon that you have activated. On multiple tests I cannot see any increase in damage, since guardians can stack might and all the other boons the damage increase should be 8-20%. This seems not to be the case.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-Guardian-Trait-Power-of-the-Vituous/first#post540918

in Guardian

EvilirSar.6921

I only see it fail to pull stuff when they get stuck somewhere on the terrain, or when they have stability, or when they out range the skill.

Other thing i notice is that it seems the swords that fly to bind the target can be intercepted by other mobs in the way (not 100% sure), but other than that i haven’t see in just fail, what happened in your case?

It has a short range that can be broken easily and be affected by line of sign and elevation. It is a trick but skillfull skill to use.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Trait: Power of the Vituous

The Guardian Trait: Power of the Virtuous is suppose to give a 1% damage increase per boon that you have activated. On multiple tests I cannot see any increase in damage, since guardians can stack might and all the other boons the damage increase should be 8-20%. This seems not to be the case.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-Guardian-Trait-Power-of-the-Vituous/first#post540918

i did some testing on power of the virtuous, used a steady pvp hammer on the light armor pvp golem. All tests were mighty blows.

Aegis – 170
Aegis, Prot and regen – 173
Aegis, Stability, Ret and Prot – 172
Aegis, Stab, Ret, Prot and Regen 175
1 stack of all buffs gave -186
3 stack might+aegis+ret -185

So even if its kind of funky how it works since 3 boons may give you more damage than 4, it seems to be working to some extend.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Trait: Inner Fire doesn’t give the Fury boon as stated and/or there is no critical change to the characters stats. Plus there is no noticeable increase in criticals.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-Guardian-Trait-Inner-Fire/first#post554029

Thank you for your fine work

I jumped on the halloween cauldron in the mists with the trait equipped, i instantly got the burning condition on me and gained the fury boon.

in Guardian

Posted by: Krholam.8470

Krholam.8470

The protector’s strike bug is still here ! During last tournement i was surprised so, with a friend, we have test during 1 hours how to reproduct this one. And, it’s really simple.

If you try to dodge after the first block with Protector’s strike, you become invulnerable during 4/5 seconds (And you do all you want).

In Theory you can be invulnerable during 5 seconds all 15. But with the dodge, and the block it’s more 5 second of invulnerability all 11 second.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

Any updates on when Pure of Voice or Battle Presence will be fixed? Kind of a bummer that both 30pt Honor traits are not worth using because of their bugs…

in Guardian

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Dont know if this is a bug or not. But a guardian can create clones of himself by using wall of reflection when a mesmer with a scepter is using the auto attack. The mesmers third auto attack creates a clone of the guardian which cannot be controlled by the guardian, and cannot be shattered by the mesmer.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

in Guardian

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Here let me put this into better terms…

A mesmer with a scepter is running at me using auto attacks. I throw up a wall of reflection. By the time wall of reflection is down. I now have 2 clones of myself that are counted as “allies”. Since they have my guild tag and thier names are in blue. They are not in control of the mesmer, and cannot be shattered, but the guardian in question cannot do anything with them either.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Ether Clone
Shoot out a third bolt of energy that confuses your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt.

Now, if the bolt hits it will summon the clone and confuse the enemy, if it gets reflected the projectile will count as is the guardian launched it against you, thus giving him the clones.

TBH i don´t think this is a bug., but id say the clones should attack and do everything they are supposed to.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

Zealous Blade trait (Greatsword attacks heal you) bugs:

• Healing done is not affected by healing power.
  • It doesn’t trigger on every greatsword skill → it is not triggered by Symbol of Wrath, Damage Over Time from Binding Blade doesn’t trigger it either.
  • It heals for 25 health per hit, which means it heals for 75 per auto attack chain, and 225 every 10s while using whirling wrath. This means you are able to restore to full hp (according you have no vitality) in just 3 minutes and 20 seconds. This is extremally overpowered and should be nerfed. I believe healing every 3 attacks is enough for a grandmaster major trait.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cito.1293

Cito.1293

Any updates on when Pure of Voice or Battle Presence will be fixed? Kind of a bummer that both 30pt Honor traits are not worth using because of their bugs…

Would like to know aswell, can it really be that hard to fix? It’s working perfectly with “Stand Your Ground!” already. I just can’t believe that we get 2 content updates before we see those little things fixed (sorry i’m getting a bit annoyed).

in Guardian

Posted by: Herio.5890

Herio.5890

Staff:
Orb of light seems to be pretty random when you aim at big targets or a target that is really close. On larger targets it just flies up in a random direction, missing the target, also ,when aiming at mobs on a different elevation it might go underground and gets lost, missing most of the targets aswell. It also happens that if you don’t detonate the orb, and it went underground due to this randomness, it might takes a longer period that it should to recover it’s original form and stays in your skill bar ready to detonate when you can’t even see the orb.

Herio, Sylvari Guardian from Gandara.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Staff:
Orb of light seems to be pretty random when you aim at big targets or a target that is really close. On larger targets it just flies up in a random direction, missing the target, also ,when aiming at mobs on a different elevation it might go underground and gets lost, missing most of the targets aswell. It also happens that if you don’t detonate the orb, and it went underground due to this randomness, it might takes a longer period that it should to recover it’s original form and stays in your skill bar ready to detonate when you can’t even see the orb.

I already explained why the orb displays that random behaviour in a previous post, which is because it predicts the mob movement ( if the mob stops moving the orb will seem to just fly to a weird location)

About the orb sometimes never expiring and just perma prompting you to detonate it ive seen it very rarely.

in Guardian

Posted by: Herio.5890

Herio.5890

Staff:

I already explained why the orb displays that random behaviour in a previous post, which is because it predicts the mob movement ( if the mob stops moving the orb will seem to just fly to a weird location)

About the orb sometimes never expiring and just perma prompting you to detonate it ive seen it very rarely.

Sorry, must have missed your post then.
So, just because the orb predicts the movement of your target, the attack should miss when it changes direction? sounds silly to me. Sometimes I’ve seen the damage on the target even if the orb visual effect is like miles away though. Also the detonating issue happens to me often, mostly when the orb goes underground or flies up.

Herio, Sylvari Guardian from Gandara.

(edited by Herio.5890)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

We need to talk about binding blades, Greatsword’s 5.

- Binding Blades severely lacks any form of Z axis
- The pull will stop when something as insignificant as a tiny rock is in the way.
- The pull may not pull the entire distance, even when performed on a flat level.
- The pull is incapable of pulling anyone off ledges unlike the necromancer’s spectral grasp.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Staff:

Sorry, must have missed your post then.
So, just because the orb predicts the movement of your target, the attack should miss when it changes direction? sounds silly to me. Sometimes I’ve seen the damage on the target even if the orb visual effect is like miles away though. Also the detonating issue happens to me often, mostly when the orb goes underground or flies up.

Well, the outcome of the spell is pretty random.. if the orb didnt have a track component it would never ever hit a mob moving unless it was directly at you or at point blank, but then if the mob changes direction it just flies off to somewhere else it should not. I think the orb should just follow the target around, or be much faster.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

We need to talk about binding blades, Greatsword’s 5.

- Binding Blades severely lacks any form of Z axis
- The pull will stop when something as insignificant as a tiny rock is in the way.
- The pull may not pull the entire distance, even when performed on a flat level.
- The pull is incapable of pulling anyone off ledges unlike the necromancer’s spectral grasp.

Hmm.. I´ve been able to pull people off ledges in the wvw jumping puzzles several times. , about the other things I agree.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ahnx.2671

Ahnx.2671

Actually Renewed Justice works quite well. I use it as one of my main damage sources (coupled with Blind Exposure and/or Fiery Wrath.) The only time that the CD on Virtue of Justice does not reset, I think, is when I use it just a second to late while finishing off a mob.
So far I haven’t noticed any actual ‘bugs’ with the trait. This is just my opinion, others might have had different experiences.

in Guardian

Posted by: chapichapo.6354

chapichapo.6354

Empower: This skill’s might duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
^ the tooltip shows the increased duration but it remains the same in game so nothing has changed

in Guardian

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

I’ve figured out exactly why orb of light gets stuck in terrain (or at least one of the reasons), 100% reproducible. It happens if orb of light is reflected.

Separate bug: Retreat automatically targets a mob and activates autoattack, which is kinda irritating when you’re running around with a sceptre. I don’t believe non-offensive AoE skills should be working in this manner.

(edited by Psaakyrn.5794)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Major Sword Bug:

It’s probably already been mentioned, but the third hit of the SWORD auto attack chain, is often completely unable to strike objects, and will often just keep repeating the Sword Wave over and over without any effect on the target object, regardless of which range you position yourself at.

Major Sword Problem:

Sword Wave also has an incredibly narrow strike width, and despite the blade animations touching/hitting opponents, will only hit multiple targets if they’re literally standing on top of eachother or in a perfect line in front of the attack direction. I don’t encounter problems with hitting a single opponent though, even if they’re not perfectly in front of me, so it’s kind of an odd problem.

The strike width is fine against a single opponent, but incredibly narrow concerning multiple opponents, which is really annoying in pve, since only your first two weak auto attack chains ever hit multiple opponents that way.

I also have issues with fluency, the third (Sword Wave) move is often greatly delayed. Sometimes it will strike fast enough, sometimes it takes too long for it to fire after the second chain move.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Guardian

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

Considering that sword wave animation is a stab, I don’t find it surprising that the strike width is narrow: it’s really more of a line attack than a cone: I will NOT be surprised if they just reword the attack description to be “line” instead of “cone”.

The inability to strike objects however, is a general issue with cone-type attacks in general, for whatever reason. (flamethrowers also have similar issues with hitting)

in Guardian

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Not sure if this was posted:
“Stand your ground” supposed to work on allies according to tooltip, but only works on self.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Not sure if this was posted:
“Stand your ground” supposed to work on allies according to tooltip, but only works on self.

never had issues with this shout before.