Guardian Class need adjustment.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I understand what you say but you i want you to understand me also. Guardian is not a 1 vs 1 class: they are a teamplayer class. Again like i say: i do not care if guardian live forever but they should not do very high damage like warrior.

Guardian is 1:X class ( in your example it is 1:3 class).

Guardian need high survivalbility to keep team alive: Example: like a healer mage profession or a like a monk profession. You never hear a healer mage profession or a monk profession having very-high-damage right? Obvious No!

This is not wow, monks have high dmg builds and mages have high dmg builds.

You should learn how gw2 works. You can be dmg dealer and more supportive.

Pls stop trolling on our forum if you dont have at least 100h and lv80 guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

darksyze, could it be that you are just a terrible player? You seem to lose a lot of your fights and spend most of the time complaining about them on the forums. But your time in the game and perhaps you can beat them?

in Guardian

Posted by: VillainInGlasses.2946

VillainInGlasses.2946

Hi,
DarkSyze, can you have a open mind for start.
There is NO FIXED role in gw2. Any class can do dps, Any class can do support or BOTH. So i want you to forget the idea that guardian is ONLY teamplayer. Guardian class can kill if you make equip and trait your charactar. The game offers so many traits and so many amulets and armor so that you can find a playstyle that you like.
I am not going to make fun of you or criticize you let me answer your questions but all i ask is you to accept the answers as they are true and not go back to your own ideas that a specific class should do only specific things. This is part of learning.

1. Guardians have many blocks,blinds and invulnerability. If timed and traited properly each blind can give vulnerability on the opponent. So when all your friends where attacking the guard at start, probably he dodged the high burst ones and blinded you guys for quite some time. So by the time he started to attack you, you got amplified damage.
2. Guard has a skill called contemplation of purity(look it up in wiki), which can convert all condis to boons. it has a high CD. So i guess he took in some of the condis and used this skill. and if traited properly his virtue can also remove conditions.

3. Guard if traited properly can do BURST damage. what do i mean by burst is few skills give very high damage, but a difference between a good and bad opponent is he will for sure dodge from those attacks. I suspect your necro did not dodge. He face tanked all guardians burst damage which is why his DS got down very fast which seemed like he drained it.

I think i answered your doubts. But if you see i used the word “traited” or “equipped” because this is just one way of playing. There are so many different ways to do stuff.

PS: if you think Guardian is all mighty you must check out elementalist. if traited and equipped properly an elementalist can do all(dps,boons,condi clear and run away). So please keep an open mind and learn when people answer to your questions. Dont keep thinking that what you know is correct.
If any mistakes in my answer, veteran players please point it out, i would like to learn more too.

Elementalist – Sylvari

in Guardian

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I really wish I could unsee this…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Hi,
DarkSyze, can you have a open mind for start.
There is NO FIXED role in gw2. Any class can do dps, Any class can do support or BOTH. So i want you to forget the idea that guardian is ONLY teamplayer. Guardian class can kill if you make equip and trait your charactar. The game offers so many traits and so many amulets and armor so that you can find a playstyle that you like.
I am not going to make fun of you or criticize you let me answer your questions but all i ask is you to accept the answers as they are true and not go back to your own ideas that a specific class should do only specific things. This is part of learning.

1. Guardians have many blocks,blinds and invulnerability. If timed and traited properly each blind can give vulnerability on the opponent. So when all your friends where attacking the guard at start, probably he dodged the high burst ones and blinded you guys for quite some time. So by the time he started to attack you, you got amplified damage.
2. Guard has a skill called contemplation of purity(look it up in wiki), which can convert all condis to boons. it has a high CD. So i guess he took in some of the condis and used this skill. and if traited properly his virtue can also remove conditions.

3. Guard if traited properly can do BURST damage. what do i mean by burst is few skills give very high damage, but a difference between a good and bad opponent is he will for sure dodge from those attacks. I suspect your necro did not dodge. He face tanked all guardians burst damage which is why his DS got down very fast which seemed like he drained it.

I think i answered your doubts. But if you see i used the word “traited” or “equipped” because this is just one way of playing. There are so many different ways to do stuff.

PS: if you think Guardian is all mighty you must check out elementalist. if traited and equipped properly an elementalist can do all(dps,boons,condi clear and run away). So please keep an open mind and learn when people answer to your questions. Dont keep thinking that what you know is correct.
If any mistakes in my answer, veteran players please point it out, i would like to learn more too.

Thank You! for using your time to help me understand this better. I will do better to understand and to do better to understand Guardian Profession.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Guardian

Posted by: euroz.7190

euroz.7190

u see Ivan, if u DS stiiiil liek i do, u makee necro cri un his friendez.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So everyone here know how i play guardian?

Considering how ridiculous your suggestion is, it really doesn’t matter does it. There is no doubt all this is based on your experience, but the game isn’t balanced around players with little to no experience. Generally, people will learn what classes can and can’t do before boldly suggesting such radical and senseless ideas. Recommending the class lose 60-75% of its damage takes a special something.

I understand what you say but you i want you to understand me also. Guardian is not a 1 vs 1 class: they are a teamplayer class. Again like i say: i do not care if guardian live forever but they should not do very high damage like warrior.

Guardian need high survivalbility to keep team alive: Example: like a healer mage profession or a like a monk profession. You never hear a healer mage profession or a monk profession having very-high-damage right? Obvious No!

So that should be what Guardian is. The only profession/class that is, that should be a very-high-damage with less survivalbility is the Warrior Profession. Warrior sacrifice their life to keep their team alive: that is why they should be high damage profession/class.

" One who sacrifice their own life for others deserve high rewards "

Do you understand now?

A problem with the warrior prof./class:

Instead of Arena net make the warrior profession like a sacrifice profession to save others, to save their team: they give warrior very high mobility to sacrifice their own self. Yes! to sacrifice their own self= Selfish.

Again: instead of Arena net making the Warrior Prof./Class a self-sacrifice soldier Profession/Class: they made them Selfish Prof./Class by give them very high mobility to run away from their responsibility as The Team Leader: It do not make sense at all.

A Leader does not deserve the name unless he is willing occasionally to stand alone.

This post demonstrates you aren’t qualified to speak about the conceptual aspects of the class, or how it fits into the philosophy of the game. Your own perception of what Guardian should be is leading to a divergence and bad conclusions. It’s also apparent that you’re also using your skill level to bais your opinion and make poor suggestions that aren’t inline with how the game is intended to work. It’s all just bad.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

DarkSyze.8627

So everyone here know how i play guardian?

Considering how ridiculous your suggestion is, it really doesn’t matter does it. There is no doubt all this is based on your experience, but the game isn’t balanced around players with little to no experience. Generally, people will learn what classes can and can’t do before boldly suggesting such radical and senseless ideas. Recommending the class lose 60-75% of its damage takes a special something.

So that should be what Guardian is. The only profession/class that is, that should be a very-high-damage with less survivalbility is the Warrior Profession. Warrior sacrifice their life to keep their team alive: that is why they should be high damage profession/class.

" One who sacrifice their own life for others deserve high rewards "

Do you understand now?

A problem with the warrior prof./class:

Instead of Arena net make the warrior profession like a sacrifice profession to save others, to save their team: they give warrior very high mobility to sacrifice their own self. Yes! to sacrifice their own self= Selfish.

Again: instead of Arena net making the Warrior Prof./Class a self-sacrifice soldier Profession/Class: they made them Selfish Prof./Class by give them very high mobility to run away from their responsibility as The Team Leader: It do not make sense at all.

A Leader does not deserve the name unless he is willing occasionally to stand alone.

This post demonstrates you aren’t qualified to speak about the conceptual aspects of the class, or how it fits into the philosophy of the game. Your own perception of what Guardian should be is leading to a divergence and bad conclusions. It’s also apparent that you’re also using your skill level to bais your opinion and make poor suggestions that aren’t inline with how the game is intended to work. It’s all just bad.

First who are you to tell me i am not qualified?
Second You have No Right to tell me i am not qualified?
Third: That is very rude to say to me.
Last: there is no such thing as qualified because that mean you do not want to learn and i want to learn. So me being qualified will never happen and also i do not want to be “the know it all”.

Experience is learning, Learning is Experience: you can not tell someone that, “it is bad conclusions”. How can you have any conclusion without experience? How can you have any conclusion without Experience? It make no sense at all.

I already say to VillainInGlasses that i understand what he said and will do better to understand: that was it. But you want to continue to punish me for that.

How can you want me to learn by punish me for want to learn? How can you want me to prepare for better experience by punish me for want to prepare for better punishment?

Your behavior is cruel and you need to change that. I am very serious!

If you can give me advice without make me feel guilty and punishing me for already want to do better to learn better: you can post it here after

Ankur

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

First who are you to tell me i am not qualified?
Second You have No Right to tell me i am not qualified?
Third: That is very rude to say to me.

Sometimes hearing the truth is hard. My qualification is simply as a player who understands the game, and how characters interact with the world and each other. Anyone that suggests that Guardian needs a damage reduction of 60-75% is not very informed on so many levels, nor have they thought very hard about how their suggestion impacts the class as a whole in the game. It shows a lack of understanding the game mechanics, concept of a class is in the game, of how players interact (no holy trinity, etc…) My advice is that there is much more opportunity for you to observe, listen and learn than there is for you to analyze, speak and suggest.

You’re singular experience with Guardian pwning you in PVP and your group doesn’t lead me to conclude the class is broken in any way to merit the suggestion you are making yet somehow, that has made sense to you. You may consider that, as rude as this may seem to you .. that you and your friends are THAT bad at PVP or you just got unlucky and destroyed by one of the better Guardian players in the game … none of which indicate an issue with the class that you are suggesting to nerf to absolutely ridiculous levels.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Must be a silly thread, an average well played Necro in camp can kill 2 guards, an engi and a ranger no problem. It’s a learn to play issue.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Guardian

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

Darksyze- you always post good material on the forums. lol. You should never admit to losing 4v1 just saying.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

How can you want me to learn by punish me for want to learn? How can you want me to prepare for better experience by punish me for want to prepare for better punishment?

If you can give me advice without make me feel guilty and punishing me for already want to do better to learn better: you can post it here after

The problem is, for the most part you don’t try and learn. You come onto the forums to make threads complaining about X profession then come up with ridiculous suggestions for nerfs. I’ll be blunt with your DarkSyze, that is the opposite of trying to learn and prepare. Someone asking for a nerf has abandoned improving their own skill and instead believe it’s the game’s fault. You won’t get better with that attitude.

I may sound harsh but it’s for your own good.

(edited by Shanks.2907)

in Guardian

DarkSyze.8627

Darksyze- you always post good material on the forums. lol. You should never admit to losing 4v1 just saying.

You are correct

Ankur

in Guardian

DarkSyze.8627

The problem is, for the most part you don’t try and learn. You come onto the forums to make threads complaining about X profession then come up with ridiculous suggestions for nerfs. I’ll be blunt with your DarkSyze, that is the opposite of trying to learn and prepare. Someone asking for a nerf has abandoned improving their own skill and instead believe it’s the game’s fault. You won’t get better with that attitude.

Improving skill has nothing to do with experience. Example; you can be the best experience driver in the world, you can be the best skill driver in the world and a car can still hit you, Is it because “you did not improve your skill”?

Do you know even a thief can die? Is it because the theif “need to improve their skill”? I understand what you say but i do not agree with you. Experience is about learning to win and learning to lose. Improving is result from losing and wining.

Improving is important too but learning is more important. Experience come from learning first, improve is after

Ankur

in Guardian

Posted by: FireMoth.9736

FireMoth.9736

9/7, would read again

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I will play wvw and pvp when it is challenge and fun.
Obviously PvP is very challenging for you. You come to the forums not looking for answers, but wanting to nerf a proffession you don’t understand. You realize how moronic that makes you?

“I Will Not play wvw and pvp when requirement= No Risk, No skill”
So you like High risk – High reward classes. Well Medi Guardian is the very definition of that. Yet you post this laughable thread.

Our condition did nothing to the Guardian: keep regenerating and cleaning condition. What bother us was how the Guardian damage was hitting us very high in same time.

Guardians don’t regenerate health like Ele’s or Warriors. Instead we gain our health through Meditation skills. We have 4 meditation skills, each giving us 1960 health when activated.

You can’t go full conditions against a Guardian… this is why.

• Smite condition: Cure a condition and deal damage to nearby foes.
  • Contemplation of purity: Turn all conditions into boons.
  • Absolute Resolution: Cleanse 3 conditions on you and your allies when activated.
  • Elite Focus: Become invulnerable. Renew all virtues.

In a given fight a Guardian will cast 5 cleansing skills on average. Smite x2, Contemplation x1, Absolute Resolution x2

Your condi’s wont work because we hard counter you. Cele Ele/war/Engi have less condi cleanses 1v1 but they are twice as resilient and self sustaining than any Medi Guardian. The Guard appeared self sustaining because you just happened to be full condi spec, going against class that eat conditions for breakfast.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Alright OP, it looks like English might not be your first language, so I’ll try to keep this short and concise.

It’s rather apparent that you are very uninformed. The best way to go about things is to just stop posting here, create a guardian character, and learn how the class works. You’ll quickly see that they are FAR from overpowered.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Darksyze, I’ve already received one infraction for expressing my opinion of you. I will try to say this in a more appropriate way.

You are terrible: learn to play.

Baer

in Guardian

DarkSyze.8627

I already said i understand and will do my best to understand Guardian class to VillainInGlasses post. I do not want to argue anymore: why do the rest of you want to continue to argue with me? Here is what definition of understand is?
Understand: “to grasp the significance, implications, or importance of. To learn or hear”

So by definition of understand, I grasp the implications and the importance of guardian class mechanics and role. I will do my best to learn more of how each one work on the guardian class. I want to hear advice to learn more from experience guardian player: with respect to me and other new guardian players who want to learn same.

As long Respect is here: not punishing treatment, cruel treatment or calling names, i will do best to hear and listen.

We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful

Ankur

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Improving skill has nothing to do with experience. Example; you can be the best experience driver in the world, you can be the best skill driver in the world and a car can still hit you, Is it because “you did not improve your skill”?

Do you know even a thief can die? Is it because the theif “need to improve their skill”? I understand what you say but i do not agree with you. Experience is about learning to win and learning to lose. Improving is result from losing and wining.

Improving is important too but learning is more important. Experience come from learning first, improve is after

I didn’t say anything about your experience in the game. What I said was that you use the forums to complain instead of listening to the advice of others to get better.

Improving your skill comes from understanding the game. You’ve refused to see the game for what it is and instead have tried to change it.

in Guardian

Posted by: kagak.4230

kagak.4230

pulls out popcorn

in Guardian

DarkSyze.8627

I didn’t say anything about your experience in the game. What I said was that you use the forums to complain instead of listening to the advice of others to get better.

Improving your skill comes from understanding the game. You’ve refused to see the game for what it is and instead have tried to change it.

I am very surprised that you know my mind: that you know if i am listening to the advice of others. Also knowing that i refuse to see the game for what it is: Mr.Psychic

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything

Ankur

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Respectful? Starting a thread about nerfing Guardian’s damage by %70 in the Guardian forums is hardly respectful to the players of the profession. A respectful action would be to make a thread about your difficulties killing the said Guardian and what you could do to improve. You know, getting your facts straight, knowing more about both sides instead of jumping to conclusions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bizarro.2901

Bizarro.2901

I can’t belive I read though this…

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I can’t belive I read though this…

sam wit me

dats how much we wan to read bout guard things. we even read all dis

in Guardian

Posted by: Quintoozla.7893

Quintoozla.7893

Experience learning is? Is learning experience. Many fall shall. Until better Darksyze gets. Is not? Herpa durr hurr kitten a yoda yo yo.

in Guardian

Posted by: Seraphic.6318

Seraphic.6318

If 4 of you couldn’t take down a single meditation guard then you either need to learn how to play or stay mad because of how bad you are.

(edited by Seraphic.6318)