Guardian Collaborative-Development

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Original theme https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development
So what do you want to change in your profession?

My list:
- delete time limit from spirit weapons;
- give a symbol to sword; make sword ability #3 cast on move;
- give a blast finisher and aegis boon to shield or re-make shield to block attacks(shield must block!); also reduce CD on shield`s skills;
- make all “utility” signets instant cast;
- nerf Staff skills #1 and #4;

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

All weapons should have a symbol
Spirit Weapons should have more uptime and need less traiting
Symbol healing through the trait should be stronger
Virtues should be reworked to be more powerful – perhaps an aura around the guardian and you select which of the 3 you want – ie justice increases damage, resolve healing and comdition removal, courage protection – but you can only have one at a time
Cd of many skills should be reduced
A speed signet
Better signets

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

The problem with polling the community is that they’re going to get answers that just buff classes (regardless of what is / would be OP).
Out of the responses above 11-12 out of those 13 would be too overpowered in pvp, there isn’t really an easy solution to this either, due to the nature of the way they want to design their game.

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

brain storming ideas, may not come up with a valid solution to the problems, BUT it does highlight areas that may need to be looked at because they are deemed as a “problem”.

Lesser used abilities are that way because they are either pointless and need to be reworked, or something else is overpowered and needs to be toned down.

So polling the community will not directly help and provide us with the fixes that may be suggested here, but they help the developers get a more broad perspective, who may not play as much or in the same areas that we play in.

Also, if there is a commonality of problems from a specific mechanic of the class, that can draw attention of the devs for a fix as well.

So while, our ideas are sometimes worse than the problems themselves…they are still useful in identifying where the problems are in the first place.

A quick glance at the above suggestions help the devs look at:

- Spirit weapons are very under used due to up time and survival/vs effectiveness
- Untraited virtues could be adjusted in effect and/or refresh time
- A want to have more survival outside of 1 or 2 specific builds is desired by the community
- Signets are still undervalued
- More diversity and ease of access in movement speed is desired

What the devs decide to do to address those topics could be off the wall as opposed to what “we” feel the fix is….maybe it will be better, or maybe it will be worse, or no need to adress at all.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Fix symbol traits:
Either consolidate them into one line or move all symbols to one weapon. As it is now you need to invest 55 points for a full area control build which is just bad considering anet stated we are about area control and we can use max two symbols with swap.

no skill should force us to stand still while we use it, Im looking at you ZD and E! It might be worth it in pve but in pvp/wvw its no good.

Remove spirit weapons in its current iteration and instead make them real weapons. When you activate Spirit sword you actually equip a sword with unique abilities.

Introduce a fourth virtue, im all for moving AH to such a virtue which would allow us to use more offensive builds and indirectly increase the value of zeal. AH procs when we give out boons (as it does today) and if we activate it all boons we give the team heal them. The current AH is replaced by a small aoe heal when using a shout.

Fiz Zeal, enough said.

Give us a valid condition based way to play.

Make it so 2h mastery infact increases dps on hammer.

Buff/nerf weaponskills so all skills contribute in a dps rotation. This would mean that even cc skills would/could be used in pve and still maintain its function in pvp/wvw. This can be done in a number of ways and some of them are:
Buff damage on weapon based utility skills while nerfing the chain
Make them “castable” while performing the chain attack
Reduce casting time

EDIT: During beta there was talk about skills that needed to be charged. The longer you held the button the more powerful they became. What happened with this? This would be so nice on skill one on the staff.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Omri.8196

Omri.8196

- Sword number 3 skill: Fix the accuracy of this skill. I believe people actually need to dodge to avoid this skill’s damage, not just strafe to one side and evade the whole thing. It is really annoying.

-Shield: I think everyone agrees that 3 seconds of protection on using shield 4 does not justify the high cooldown on it, also its base damage is low concidering its high CD.

As for shield 5, this needs some serious rework, I think it needs to be a lot more powerful than just a 1 second or less knockback that comes with a very high CD, the projectile blocking part is good but the duration is very short and you’re held in position while doing it.

Hammer: Make the symbol cast duration on the third chain of its auto attack just a littttttttle bit faster. Everything else is good.

Scepter: Watching scepter’s auto attack bores me to death, I think it should be a chain attack with faster projectiles and a boon or a condition on landing the third attack of the chain.

Staff: Needs a bit of an increase on its damage dealing skills which are 1 and 2 to balance it between support and damage dealing. Not all players like to use it as a support weapon.

Mace, Greatsword, Torch and focus are good as they are.

-I saw in the preview that meditation skills on use are going to grant fury. I really think that Meditation skills need to grant swiftness instead of fury. In a lot of situations where you’ve used most of your CD’s and you’re trying to pull of a full mace or sword or whatever’s chain attack while chasing someone, you are kited verrrry easily because they have swiftness and you don’t. People have always complained about how slow guardian is, and this is one way to fix that problem. Don’t tell me use staff for swiftness.

-Give us more weapons? Who can’t imagine a guardian with an off-hand mace or an off hand-sword? Make it happen, you can do it.

-The changes on staff and scepter would make guardians more fearsome in range, another thing that people have been complaining about is the range abilities of guardian. Since they are the only range weapons guardians have, some changes must be done. Personally I’d like a new range weapon for guardians, longbow would be kitten, I can imagine guardians shooting light arrows but that’s just me.

Xiloquin – [ 80 Thief ]

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

My two biggies"

1. Spirit weapon concept is broken. It needs a whole rethink; the trait distribution, the weapons themselves, etc… They are not used for many reasons.
2. Virtues are not a strong class defining ability. The virtue line stat buff needs to benefit Passive Virtue in some way. There needs to be MORE or OTHER traits to enhance them in and outside the Virtue line.

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Original theme https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development

My list:
- delete time limit from spirit weapons;
- give a symbol to sword; make sword ability #3 cast on move;
- give a blast finisher and aegis boon to shield or re-make shield to block attacks(shield must block!); also reduce CD on shield`s skills;
- make all “utility” signets instant cast;
- nerf Staff skills #1 and #4;

I don’t agree with nerfing anything on staff, otherwise, great ideas.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

first than all.. with the spirit weapons… need a timer that show to you how much time less before the weapon disappear.. same for consacraftion skills..

in Guardian

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

• Make roaming Guardian more viable in PvP.
  • Gives other classes better support options.
  • Makes pets/minions more viable in dungeons.

Guardians are awesome the way they are. It’s the other classes that need help.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

I would honestly love a complete rework on spirit weapons. What I would do with them:

Remove health, like the good old days. Reduce passive utility speed/effect, increase active skills effect/damage. Make weapons stay close to guardian (about 150 to 200 units of distance) and only attack the guardians targets. Reduce passive effect frequency. This makes them more like signets than pets with higher active/passive risk/reward than before. All caster traits and sigils should effect spirit weapons, including crit chance/proc. No boons or conditions (stun/daze/knockdown etc. would remove all but shield commands from caster for duration) should effect the spirit weapons themselves.

Sword of Justice:

Passive- Have sword attack casters target at a maximum range of 600 with a reduced frequency of 1 every 5 seconds. Sword launches from its resting position next to the caster towards the target for a very quick strike, then returns to resting position for next attack. Each attack is telegraphed by a pre-strike swoop. Same damage as before with 1 stack of bleed for 3 seconds per hit.

Command- Sword strikes target and hits enemies in a small aoe (3-5 enemies at a range of 150-200) causing increased damage and 5 stacks of bleed for 5 seconds. If too weak, add 1 second daze. (I prefer to start cautious)

Hammer of Wisdom:

Passive- Same basic attack mechanics as sword, attacking casters target up 600 units distance every 7.5 seconds. Very slight damage increase but have it give one strike instead of 3 hit chain. Different telegraph animation before strike than sword. 1 second knockdown on hit.

Command- Launch single target on hit, just like hammer #4. Big telegraph.

Bow of Truth:

Passive- Attack casters target (allow it to also activate on friendly if targeted during combat) at a distance of 1200 every 7 seconds. Attack bounces 3 times between enemies and/or allies (like focus #5). Does very slight damage and 1 second weakness to enemies, cures 1 condition and heal (250 hp base to about 450 hp with high healing power at lvl 80) per ally hit.

Command- Similar to what it is now, but make it ground target and add the same condition duration reduction to the field of effect that they are giving Purging Flames. Reduce base healing per tick to 75, and top it out around 130 with with high healing power (because why even have healing power as a stat if it is not used?)

Shield of the Avenger:

Passive-This is tough because it is the only really useful one currently. Passive activation would have to be reduced a bit to make up for its indestructibility, sorry. I would however have it activate on or very near the casters position, making it more useful (I would also have any projectile blocks activate any blocking traits the caster may happen to have too, and have that carry over to shield 5, sword 3 and sanctuary as well).

Command- Shield erupts at casters location, damage and knock back at a distance of 300 from caster, 6 seconds weakness at a distance up to 600 from caster. Stun-break. Retain slight damage for on crit procs and burning procs.

Traits:

Leave all traits in Zeal. Combine ‘A Fire Inside’ from radiance with ‘Wrathful Spirits’ and maybe tone down the damage increase a touch. Combine ‘Spirit Weapon Mastery’ with improved spirit weapon duration trait from virtues. Make new traits for radiance and virtues that aren’t related to spirit weapons.

I believe this makes spirit weapons not only more active, but a great tool against kiters and gives us some non-boon related support. We get some slight condition application with traits and sword, cc from hammer, support from bow and shield. Less support than shouts, less utility than consecrations, more cumbersome than meditations and less persistent than signets. They would have a very different style to them. I like where they could fit.

(edited by Mightymealworm.8409)

in Guardian

Posted by: Althalos.6734

Althalos.6734

- First and foremost, pet and summons AI fix, they need to be able to attack on move. This will benefit not just the Guardian, but also other classes with pets.

- A separate “full support” AI for pets and summons which do not have any form of basic attack (in the case of Guardian – Shield of the Avenger and Bow of Truth), so they stick to their master at all times.

Weapons:
Sword

• Flashing Blade
    - add – create a Symbol of Stability after teleport (5 seconds duration)

Mace

• Protector’s Strike
    - add sequence skill to cancel channeling and grant protection

Scepter

• Smite
    - change to Symbol of Fury (6 seconds cooldown, 3 seconds duration)

Greatsword

• Symbol of Wrath
    - increase duration to 6 seconds

Hammer

• third chain attack
    - remove Symbol of Protection
    - add 1 second AoE knockdown
  • Zealot’s Embrace
    - change to Symbol of Protection (12 seconds cooldown, 6 seconds duration)

Shield

• Shield of Judgement
    - reduce cooldown to 20 seconds
    - change 5 seconds of Protection to 20 seconds of Aegis
    - add – inflicts 2 seconds stun to foes
  • Shield of Absorbtion
    - add blast finisher to its sequence
    - increase healing coeficient

Utility skills:
Spirit Weapons

• all
    - remove duration

Sword of Justice

• command
    - change to Whirling Wrath like attack

Hammer of Wisdom

• third chain attack
    - change to knockdown instead of knockback
  • command
    - change to AoE knockdown

Bow of Truth

• command
    - should be ground targeted

Renewed Focus

• skill type
    - change to meditation

Traits:
Zeal

• Zealot’s Speed
    - change to gain 10 seconds of swiftness on weapon swap (20-second cooldown)
  • Symbolic Exposure
    - change to symbols apply 1 second cripple to foes
  • Symbolic Power
    - rename to Zealot’s Power
    - change to – power is increased by 10% (as character attribute, not symbols damage)
  • Wrathful Spirits
    - reduce damage bonus to 20%
    - add – spirit weapons cause burning

Radiance

• A Fire Inside
    - change to – critical hits you deal cause 1 second burning

Valor

• Courageous Return
    - change to – Virtue of Courage is recharged when your health rises above 50% (30-second cooldown)

Honor

• Elusive Power
    - rename to Restored Resolution
    - change to – Virtue of Resolve is recharged when you use a healing skill
  • Writ of Exaltation
    - add – increases duration of symbols by 50%
  • Writ of Persistence
    - change/remove

Virtues

• Power of the Virtuous
    - change to – deal 2% extra damage for each active virtue you have
  • Improved Spirit Weapon Duration
    - rename to Resilient Spirits
    - change to – increase Spirit Weapons health and toughness
  • Empowered Virtue (new Virtues master major trait)
    - Virtue of Justice causes burning every 4 attacks instead of 5
    - Virtue of Resolve’s passive effect is 25% stronger
    - Virtue of Courage’s passive effect triggers every 30 seconds
  • Radiant Virtue (new Virtues master major trait)
    - When activating Virtue of Justice, the burn duration is increased
    - Activating Virtue of Resolve removes three conditions
    - Activating Virtue of Courage also breaks stun for any ally affected by the ability
  • Absolute Virtue (new Virtues grandmaster major trait)
    - Virtue of Justice’s passive effect no longer burns your target, but instead burns the area around you each time it activates
    - Virtue of Resolve cures a condition every 10 seconds
    - Virtue of Courage reduces incoming damage by 10%
  • Supreme Virtue (new Virtues grandmaster major trait)
    - Virtues now also apply the following boons: Justice: fury, Resolve: vigor, Courage: stability
    - +20% boon duration
  • Supreme Justice
    - remove
  • Absolute Resolution
    - remove
  • Indomitable Courage
    - remove
  • Permeating Wrath
    - remove
  • Shielded Mind
    - remove
Althalos Dragonclaw – Seafarer’s Rest Guardian – Symbol of Hope
I use ESDF.

(edited by Althalos.6734)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I feel signets need a buff, right now they are very difficult and ineffective to use against anything other than stationary targets. While I think Perfect Inscriptions is a good grandmaster trait, it doesn’t make signets any more attractive.

Here are changes I’d suggest:

1. Inscribed renewal: Now removes 2 conditions instead of 1

2. Bane Signet: Now deals double damage against attacking foes, applies cripple to moving foes. Casting time reduced to 1/2 instead of 3/4.

3. Signet of Wrath: Now passively lowers condition duration by 25%. The old condition damage bonus has been removed. Casting time has been changed from 3/4 to 1/2

4. Signet of Mercy: Active effect now dazes five nearby enemies. Cooldown has been reduced to 40 secs.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Two ideas that I’ve heard that I really like:

Zealot Speed: Change to five seconds of Swiftness on weapon swap.

Smite Condition: Deals more damage based on the number of conditions you have. Or have it changed to transfer condition.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

I think that this subject needs to be tied to TOP! May be someone will here us…

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

Althos… awesome changes reccommended for virtues. Its almost exactly what is needed to make them more interesting. And exactly along the lines of what I was thinking… just worked out in awesome fashion.

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

1. Symbols for all weapons please!
2. Combo finisher for sword #2 please!
3. Combine some of the traits that affect virtues (otherwise they are a lack luster profession mechanic).
4. Please improve upon sword #3 (the limited range, ease of avoidance, and self root are a bit much)
5. Please add longbow to our available weapons so we have a decent ranged weapon.
6. Please add the effect from Altruistic Healing to virtue of resolve…this would finally take away the excuse of so many pve dungeon guardians to trait 30 into valor. Virtue of resolve is extremely weak as it is now anyway.

I really like Althalos’ suggestion of combining the virtues traits.

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

You know, I’m very disappointed with yesterday’s patch, however let’s continue to fill this subject with our ideas … perhaps DEVs will hear us!

in Guardian

Posted by: Vincent Von Demetri.1450

Vincent Von Demetri.1450

Can we please get SOME sort of synergy within our class? ANY?!

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

There are good ideas in this thread but none will ever be implemented.

in Guardian

Posted by: Veeman.5270

Veeman.5270

Some really nice constructive ideas here. Here’s another change I’d like to see:

Atm I find Perfect Inscriptions to be unfit to be called a Grandmaster trait. A base +20% boost to signet passive seems too weak. It would be more of a GM trait if you combined the effect with Signet Mastery major trait (-20% signet cooldown). Something similar to Master of Consecrations that sits in the Tier 1 of Virtues.

in Guardian

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

1-REDESIGN AEGIS ! to be more efficient on mutiple hit attacks
2-GIVE LOVE TO HEALING POWER scaling and skill that use it.
3- GIVE REAL LOVE TO SUPPORT BUILD. We have the feeling that warrior do anything at least as good as us, please make gardian better than warrior in something (support seems logic)
4-REDESIGN mace to be more usefull (where is the promised increased damage btw ?)

(edited by username.4932)

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, I’m not gonna cry imba or anything, but let’s get a bit ambitious here just for kicks.

Zealot’s speed— should proc at 75% health

Spirit Weapon GM trait needs to either make weapons invincible or greatly increase health, the condi trait needs a huge boost to be of any use, most likely inflict chill or something as well.

Courageous Return seems useless. Move Might of the Protector down to where that is and give us a toughness to power trait for 25 valor.

AH should heal nearby allies (though less than for what you heal yourself). I thought we were a healer class?

Elusive Power is crap because it conflicts with Vigorous Precision, one of the main reasons to take Honor. Rename Elusive Power to Defiant Power and allow the extra damage to happen if endurance is low or if the Guardian has 3 or more conditions on them.

Vengeful: Also gain fury when an ally dies (long cooldown)

Unscathed Contender: Also grants 5 sec regeneration (30 second cooldown)

Power of the Virtuous: Also deals extra damage for every condition you have

Shield 4 needs to grant aegis along with protection (It’s a shield right?) Cooldowns need to be a bit less.

Shielded Mind— Also creates a hallowed ground when activated (long cooldown)

Elite Focus – Also 50% boon duration for 3 seconds when activating an elite skill

Yea… dream on. But whatever.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Honestly a LOT of guardian skill gripes could be solved with some reductions on our cool downs. Soooo so long and sloooowwww. We are like turtles. Slow mobility, slow skills, hard shell, soft on the inside.

Its a good thing we can prolong a fight, otherwise we would hardly ever get to practice activating our skills.

Oh well, I’ll wait for changes. Playing a guardian has made me good at waiting.

in Guardian

Posted by: Toast.1495

Toast.1495

Guardian changes:
1) All weapon sets should have a symbol.
2) Sword: Flashing Blades: Remove the direct damage component and lay a high damage symbol on the ground. Keep the blind.
3) Sword: Zealot’s Defense: Allow slow movement while the skill is active. Increase base damage by 10% and allow it to damage all targets in a line (up to 5).
4) Scepter: Smite: Change to Symbol of Smiting – Create a mystical symbol on the ground that damages foes and grants might to allies. (1 or maybe even 2 stacks per tick)
5) Scepter: Add a chain skill to skill #1. Make the third skill in the chain inflict weakness and be a projectile finisher.
6) Mace: Reduce the cast time of Faithful Strike from 1 second to 3/4.
7) Hammer: Reduce cast time of Symbol of Protection from 1 1/4 to 1.
8) Shield: Reduce cooldown on both skills by 10-12 seconds.
9) Shield: Shield of Judgement should have increased damage and be a blast or whirl finisher.
10) Staff: Detonating orb of light should be a blast finisher.
11) Staff: Wave of wrath could use some increased damage, maybe 5%.
12) Signet of Wrath: Replace increased condition damage with + 25% run speed.
13)Many traits need to be consolidated and many useless or highly situational traits need to be reworked.
14) There are far too many traits concerning symbols. Consolidate them. Writ of the Merciful and Writ of Exaltation, etc. Spirit weapon traits can be similarly consolidated.
15) Does anyone take Revenge of the Fallen or Binding Jeopardy? I’m sure someone can come up with good ideas to replace these.
16) Symbolic Exposure should apply cripple, not vulnerability (+ 1 for whoever had that idea first)
17) Valor trait line: Mace of Justice should be moved to adept tier.

Here’s a question: Why do so many people want to add fury to our skills? Sure, the increased crit chance is nothing to sneeze at damage wise, but the only effects that benefit from crits are vigorous precision and empowering might. Even low crit chances can proc these effects regularly.

edit I don’t know why some of my points are underlined. I didn’t do it, and I can’t seem to undo it.

“Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” ~ Illusions (Richard Bach).

(edited by Toast.1495)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

First off, I’m glad to see the quality of life changes. Clears up most of the questions I had about certain trait lines (except Writ of Persistence doesn’t update the extended duration of Hammer’s Symbol of Protection). This patch however is a huge disappointment for me. Lets start with weapons.

Weapons -

Zero weapon changes. No condi applying weapon (no expansion of condi play for Guards either). Lets get into specifics.

Sword 3: Still terrible spread on the attack, terrible tracking, little to no utility. When I see ranged attacks coming in I never think “I’ll just hit 3”. I’ve always dodged forward then at the end hit 3 to increase hits abysmal chance at hitting a target. Its nearly useless outside of 300 range, and hardly hits a target at 600 range thats standing still. Counts as a projectile (it gets reflected sometimes) but doesn’t have projectile finisher.

Scepter 1: Still poor tracking. Speed helped a bit, but not enough. Its a projectile with all the negative effects of being one, without being a finisher. Scepter 2 is supposedly high damage, but theres an RNG effect to it. Someone can move around in the AOE and avoid quite a bit of the attacks. Since the RNG issues with Engi are being removed, I think this should be changed to probably a symbol or just a complete pulse to bring this weapon up to par.

Hammer 2: Has NO Z Axis damage. If a target is down a small hill the Hammer 2 hit will land in the air above their head dealing no damage. The leap should also track better, much in the same way GS 3 tracks targets.

These weapon changes are just poor mechanics to weapons. Now some QoL changes that I think would be very helpful.

Hammer 1: Chain needs to land faster
Hammer 4: Cone attack knocking back 3-5 targets. Range should be the minimum to be a launch. I can’t find the post, but someone brought up an excellent point. AoE knockback = good CC, single target long-range banish = troll skill. Since I love banish so much I never thought about this. Since Guards need some hard CC this would be an excellent QoL change as well as give us some sort of hard CC.
Hammer 5: Since ‘Hammer 4 on warrior was so clunky’ Hammer 5 should get the same love.

Scepter 3: Lower CD to 15 seconds.

There are some more but they are just wishful thinking.

Our trait lines also need to be re-worked. To say the only problem with them was focused mind is ludicrous. Glacial heart is still a very terrible version of Sigil of Hydromancy. Its nice that Hydromancy activates ON the target that you hit, why can’t permeating wreath do that too?

Our symbols are still extremely underwhelming, and the to get all the bells and whistles for the symbols requires literally every trait option in honor. Since we HAVE to run quite a bit of defensive stats it would be nice to see these traits combined somehow. Its like the devs wanted symbols to be a major part of the Guardian, but its currently not. Theres only increased size, duration, or healing. I think these should be merged into Size/Duration and Healing/Chill. If a Guardian is supposed to hold ground, then we should be able to keep people fighting on it. Also I think every weapon should be able to apply a symbol someway.

Consecration traits should be merged especially considering how underwhelming they are and how easy they are to move out of or around. Spirit weapons still need something to make them useful. And our virtues needs something more dynamic instead of what they are now.

in Guardian

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Some good ideas in this thread so far.

To summarize:

• Virtues need some attention. Their passives, actives and traits all need a good once over. AH should move to virtue of resolve or get its own 4th virtue.
  • Spirit weapons need love. Lots of it. Both their implementaion and their traits.
  • Symbol traits need consolidating. Either to one line or combined in some fashion. All weapons should have a sysmbol.
  • Signets are lackluster.
  • Traits. Lots of conflicting traits and others not worth taking.

What about our utility skills? Any thoughts on those? Off the top of my head I’d say that the cooldowns on consecrations are a bit too long to make they really useful. Meditations did get a bit of attention in the recent patch but I’m not sure they are where they should be just yet.

in Guardian

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

edit I don’t know why some of my points are underlined. I didn’t do it, and I can’t seem to undo it.

The ‘+’ in front of your “+25%” and “+1” in points 12) and 16) need a space in between them. Just change the ‘+25%’ to ‘+ 25%’ and the ‘+1’ to ‘+ 1’ and the underline will go way.

in Guardian

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

here are some realistic suggestions xD

- make sword third chain auto attack not projectiles or make them ACTUALLY HIT PEOPLE when you dont target the person. as of now you have to target someone to hit them and it sucks

- make sword 2 attack right after the teleport so it actually hits people. as of now it just teleport to the person and if they keep running then the actual attack will be missed. or make it ground target so you can aim a bit in front of them

- make sword 3 actually hits by reducing the spread and/ or add homing

- make scepter auto attack fly a little faster and homing

- reduce shield skills cd to 20s for skill 4 and 25s for skill 5. makes skill 4 grants aegis

- reduce focus skills cd to 20s for skill 4 and 30s for skill 5

- make hammer skill 2 animation just a tat faster, right now it is wayy too clunky

- make hammer auto attack third chain a bit faster, right now its waaaaaaaaaaay too slow

- make mace third chain auto attack aoe, because single target is stupid

- reduce cd on renewed focus to 60s, or at least 75s. 90s is way too long

- make virtue or resolve base healing is at 150hp a second at 300 healing power without absolute resolution. makes healing power scales better so if we go cleric guard we can at least regen more than full zerker warrior

- revert pov back to remove 2 conditions and convert 1 of those to boon. if that doesnt happen then nerf conditions somehow, only anet knows..

Roleplayer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

For me, the problems are:

Weapons: Overal, the problem are with the support weapons. Why support weapons need to have long cast and long cooldown durations? They aren’t that good. Since you, ANET, want to improve the support skills, you could do some adjustaments to guardians skills too.
Mace

• Skill #1: The last hit takes too long. Should be reduced to 3/4s (down from 1s);
  • Skill #2: The cast time should be reduced to 1s or even 3/4s (down from 1 1/4s);
  • Skill #3: The “upon block” should be a blast finisher and its “gain protection if not struck” should be avaliable during the cast of the skill.

Hammer

• Skill #1: The last hit in the chain (3rd) should be 1s cast (down from 1 1/4s);
  • Skill #5: The line of warding should channel while moving (like has been done with the warrior’s hammer).

Shield

• Both skills #4 and #5 should have its CD reduced or its trait moved to Adept tier. Without the trait the shield is useless becouse its insane CD. Also the Detonate from #5 scales very poorly with healing power.

Torch

• Skill #5: Or Increase its DPS or make to remove Guandian’s conditions too. Now is useless.

Utility:
Spirit Weapons
There already were several suggestions (even by me) to fix them. The main problem is:

• 1. They have too many traits. The “Improved Spirit Weapon Duration (V)” from Virtues line should be removed and its effect applied permanent. The “A Fire Inside (VIII)” from Radiance line should be merged with some trait of the Zeal line. Or even could have some adaptations on Zeal line to the Spirit Weapons.
  • 2. Its Cooldowns, maybe even cast time: They don’t worth its current CD. The Sword should have 25s; The Hammer, 35s; The Bow, 40s; The shield 50s. Its cast time should be reduced to 1s (down from 1 1/2s).
  • 3. The Bow: The Bow is the worst spirit weapon becouse: Attacks to slow and only hit 1 char – Or makes to attacks faster or hit AoE, also its atk heals nothing, it should heals more and scales with healing power. The Command also should scales with healing power.
    Overal, the problem wasn’t only its health on PvE. They need several adjustments.

Signet of Mercy
USELESS. The reason behind it, wasn’t the ability of target your ally. ITS THEIR LONG CAST AND LONG COOLDOWN. Reduce its cast to 2s and its CD to 120s. I know, and the ANET know even better, becouse them have the tools for it, that basically nobody uses it, why? it is useless in the way it is now. They could also fix the Ele and Necro version, they have similar problems.

Signet of Wrath
We have no effective condition build (I said condition damage, not burning). Its passive effect is useless, it should be Precision instead or give us a effective condition build.

Hallowed Ground
Even with its new effect the cooldown is still too long. It should be reduced to 60~70s (down from 80s).

Virtue of Resolve:
There are several discussions around this virtue. For me, I’ll say that its passive effect is useless, if we hadn’t would make no difference for me, but its active is good, in my opinion, mainly if traited (apply regen or remove conditions). The passive should heal at least 200, not ~90.

The Zeal line
The problem is no synergy or useless traits in this trait line. The grandmaster traits are too specific (spirit weapons) or useless (+ cond dmg).

@edit
Keep the enemy in melee
We have no (I said NO) soft CC and very poorly mobility. Its very hard (impossible) to keep the enemy in melee in that way, considering that we only have 1 effective ranged weapon to atk (Scepter, the staff is just support).

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Not sure if mentioned about Virtues, but:

1. Buff Power of the Virtous (Virtues 25): 3% per boon would be ideal imo for such a high investment into Virtues, but at the very least, 2%.
2. Better Adept trait options!! (Virtues 10 options):
a. one that gives a passive benefit for Virtues that have been activated.
b. one that gives a slight increase to all passive Virtues that are not activated.
c. one that slightly increases boon benefits OR one that adds an extra boon stack for any boon you get.
3. Decrease the cool downs on the activated Virtues by perhaps increasing the Virtue Recharge Rate points to 2% per point you get from investing into Virtues
4. Increase the boons stacks on Inspired Virtues (Virtues 5) OR increase the duration of the boons.
5. Increase the retaliation boon from Virtue of Retribution and add a 5 second Fury boon in as well.
6. Increase the benefits for Master traits (Virtues 20).
7. Increase the Boon duration percent to 2% per point from investing into Virtues.

Overall, Virtues needs entirely better reasons to go heavy into it than just simple support.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Am I the only one that would like to see a road map, or at least hear what they might have planned for Guard? Or ya know…something?

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

There is no road map for Guardian. I’ve been worried since the release of the game but finally the dev team has shown us what the main plan for Guard Is. To be deleted and forgotten in about a month or two.

People will slowly start to play warrior now. Been playing since day one of this game and every patch we never get anything good except bug fixes. But there is always some light at the end of the tunnel, Anet has inspired me to get a job as a game balance. Clearly no previous experience or skill is needed except receiving a paycheck and using dice’s to determen the changes.

I will create my own Guardian class with balance, blackjack and hookers.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: Toast.1495

Toast.1495

The ‘+’ in front of your “+25%” and “+1” in points 12) and 16) need a space in between them. Just change the ‘+25%’ to ‘+ 25%’ and the ‘+1’ to ‘+ 1’ and the underline will go way.

Thanks!

“Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” ~ Illusions (Richard Bach).

in Guardian

Posted by: Alatreon.2943

Alatreon.2943

Me and some guildies have been playing around with how burning mechanic works (or lack of rather) since most other conditions have some wonky effects. Poison reduces healing by 50%, chill adds 66% to your recharge rate, torment does double dmg to moving targets for example. We kinda decided on changing burning into like a 3 tier condition based on intensity. To put it simply tier 1 is a basic burn that does moderate dmg like say 75% of what it does now, when the stacks get high enough it puts the condition into t2 which could be like 100% dmg, and past that with more stacks puts it into t3, which is the really fun part. The debuff starts applying t1 burning to nearby targets while doing intense dmg to the original target lets say 125%. To me it sounds logical cuz fire spreads right? and it will add more options to a guardians condition dmg build since it is extremely hard to play if at all. Just an idea we have been playing with.

Dark Sun Emperor Lord Commander Akral Silvermane the 3rd
[VLK] Henge of Denravi

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

I certainly would like a “we hope to do” list. I understand their wariness to post it however. People would take it as a promise when its not something developers control 100%.

EDIT: I tried to make this more polite. It was needlessly trolly before.
Game balance is insanely difficult if your goal is actual variety. The more options you allow the more the system takes on a life of its own. It organically develops and refines builds to become an apex predator, and if you think its easy to fix emergent apexes while still allowing synergizing abilities, or even abilities in general, you’re probably not experienced with any of the D&D 3.5e/4e arguments on the net (and both those systems had game breaking builds). It has to be done in steps and GW2 has a very little foundation for this after doing away with the original trinity. (Something I am thrilled with, even if we have to clear bramble out of the way….and put a bridge over a wash…and fight wild zombie pygmies.) So while I’m disappointed to hear that warrior has gotten a shout buff, it may have been needed in reaching their distant goal. Another class may see similar treatment next and so on until they finish with everyone. And they did try to give us buffs in this patch while fixing, what was from the beginning, bugs. Personally those upgrades could tie well into my build someday, especially if they broaden our ability to be condition users. (Which was my original goal for my Guard since the beta. The limitation of fire only has been discouraging but I’ll trust them to extend the option in the future, and keep building my Guardian to use such a build.)
Hopefully they re-institute the PoV 2 condition clear effect as well, for those who make use of it.

(edited by Lord Rheios.4152)

in Guardian

Lord Rheios.4152

Me and some guildies have been playing around with how burning mechanic works (or lack of rather) since most other conditions have some wonky effects. Poison reduces healing by 50%, chill adds 66% to your recharge rate, torment does double dmg to moving targets for example. We kinda decided on changing burning into like a 3 tier condition based on intensity. To put it simply tier 1 is a basic burn that does moderate dmg like say 75% of what it does now, when the stacks get high enough it puts the condition into t2 which could be like 100% dmg, and past that with more stacks puts it into t3, which is the really fun part. The debuff starts applying t1 burning to nearby targets while doing intense dmg to the original target lets say 125%. To me it sounds logical cuz fire spreads right? and it will add more options to a guardians condition dmg build since it is extremely hard to play if at all. Just an idea we have been playing with.

That could be interesting. Fire spreading would make sense, but how do you think that’d play into the Necromancer’s epidemic?

in Guardian

Posted by: Alatreon.2943

Alatreon.2943

That could be interesting. Fire spreading would make sense, but how do you think that’d play into the Necromancer’s epidemic?

Its just an idea atm so nothing really thought out behind just a basic idea. But I think it would be kittenely amazing to have a necro epidemic a t3 burn XD. Of course a balance to that could be they only spread the t1 version of it

Dark Sun Emperor Lord Commander Akral Silvermane the 3rd
[VLK] Henge of Denravi

in Guardian

Lord Rheios.4152

Its just an idea atm so nothing really thought out behind just a basic idea. But I think it would be kittenely amazing to have a necro epidemic a t3 burn XD. Of course a balance to that could be they only spread the t1 version of it

I don’t know. T3 burn, or any higher teir conditions sound like a solid way to break up zerging a little. Who wants to stand close to the burning dude if you get set on fire? Add in Epidemic and I honestly think I’d sit with people only for short amounts of time in general. Although that might mess with the current condition meta even more in pvp/wvw, I think it’d help PvE a good bit. Maybe even if they gave it to certain champ monsters, it’d require some spontaneous reaction. (I’d actually like to see some random generation to the Champs that spawn so that they always have a few different abilities.)

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

My list should be short and to the point.

1. We need more CC to keep a target in the fight.
  2. We need more mobility the and the “You can bunker”, reason is pointless now.
  3. We need a better ranged option than what we have now.
  4. We need access to a better condition build that just burning.
  5. We need more HP or better passive healing at base.
  6. *We need a dev (even if it is lip service) to come here and at the very least say, “We are looking into it.” Honestly it could be BS but it is nice to hear.
  7. We need less people tossing out crazy OP ideas. Be logical and constructive. We are unlikely to see changes based on our ideas but we can attempt to remind the devs people still want to play this class.
Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Guardian

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Why are so many people griping about movement? My first 80 was a mesmer literally the slowest of the slow when it comes to swiftenss up time so maybe I’m just used to it. But I had 100% swiftness uptime between retreat, SYS and staff for leveling…. And if I wanted more utility slots I would just swap out SYS for JI… I mean really base movement guard is fine. In combat mobility may be lacking but not movement speed in general.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

TheGuy.3568

Why are so many people griping about movement? My first 80 was a mesmer literally the slowest of the slow when it comes to swiftenss up time so maybe I’m just used to it. But I had 100% swiftness uptime between retreat, SYS and staff for leveling…. And if I wanted more utility slots I would just swap out SYS for JI… I mean really base movement guard is fine. In combat mobility may be lacking but not movement speed in general.

You have played this game for how long now? How in the hell do you not realize movement barely has kitten to do with swiftness. An example of what people are referring to here. In the future do not post and equate movement with swiftness only people who do that are new players now.

You have been playing longer than I have. SMH

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Guardian

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Alright Ill be the first to say i havent read the other posts in the thread so pardon me if i am repeating stuff.

• We need better access to conditions. The only condition we really have access to is fire which doesnt stack in damage in any way. Also Immobilize is considered a condition i guess. I think we should atleast have better access to Chill or fear to stick with our CC theme. The hammer chill trait skill has too high of a cool down. Guard is literally the only class that cant go condition dmg route.
  • The nerf “fix” to PoV really hits us and those that rely on us hard in this condition meta. Classes can stack conditions way faster than they can be cleared and now that we have less condition cleanse, coupled with our low hp makes are life that much harder.
  • The new changes to to Purging flame doesnt really do anything to combat this. If the skill reduced condition duration to atleast 50% I could see it being useful. Correct me if im wrong but warriors have a stance that makes them be immune to conditions being applied to them. We get 20% condition reduction?
  • We have such low HP and mobility. There was reasoning behind this in the beginning but a quick look at warriors makes those reasoning seem invalid these days.
  • Our Healing isnt what it used to be. Once again a quick look at Warriors passive regen makes me notice that its much better than ours which doesnt make sense considering we take a hit to our HP to supposedly have better healing. Warriors got a buff to shout healing and we once again, got nothing.
  • I feel like some of our trait lines could really use a look over, some traits just seem to be all over the place in random places. These really is a problem for most classes.
  • Feel like #2 on GS could use another look at, the skill just seems to work weird to me atleast.
  • Hammer skills have such a long activation time with long CDs that the other classes dont really have to suffer from. #5 on the hammer should be able to be used while moving. I think the cool downs on most 3-5 skills for Gaurdians on all weapon sets should get another look, especially Torch and Shield.
  • The number 5 skill on the shield doesnt really make sense. People can freely walk into your bubble and interrupt you and it doesnt seem to block all projectiles. it would be more useful if you could move while using it and the cooldown is very high.
  • Maybe give us better access to fury or might. The new trait which gives fury is kinda useless.

*Some of the non GS/Hammer weapons can should get another look, most ppl dont use them often for a reason. Hammer and GS leaps could use a little more range or maybe break immobilzed/stun (Probably would be op)

PS: Lol at summoned weapons. Please make the useful somehow, idk how. Maybe make them proct with a combo field or at low health and increase thier HP and DMG.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

(edited by clint.5681)

in Guardian

jportell.2197

Except movement speed is stacked at 33% so perma swiftness is fine if you guys are referring to OOC movement guard is fine really. If you’re referring to in combat mobility they are lacking but not OOC movement not at all.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

TheGuy.3568

Except movement speed is stacked at 33% so perma swiftness is fine if you guys are referring to OOC movement guard is fine really. If you’re referring to in combat mobility they are lacking but not OOC movement not at all.

OOC mobility has the same rules. Teleports and Leaps play into it all. It has little ot do with speed and Traveler runes, speed signets, etc. help make up for gaps there. It has to do with movement skills and movement skills alone.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Guardian

jportell.2197

Lol go level a mesmer and then come back and tell me how guards are SOOOO SLOW. I’m sorry I know guards need some mobility love. But I think there is some exaggeration here

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Out of combat mesmers are slow. In combat they have next to no problems

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

I think because its been a year and I can’t think of one thing that is majorly better than launch.

If they made 1 positive improvement to each class once a month, even if it was small, the game would be in a lot better state than it is now.

I guess the other thing is that a lot of us decided to try Warrior either by levelling it or spvping it. And we can’t believe how much better it is. It can do damage and be tanky at the same time. It can carry 6-8 crowd controls at one time…. ok its just got the entire package.

Meanwhile no signifcant work has been done on guardian.

Last I checked Mesmers did not have to be meleing their target to do damage. It becomes exasperated when you have to hit something with a mele weapon and it is faster than you.

(edited by Relentliss.2170)

in Guardian

TheGuy.3568

Lol go level a mesmer and then come back and tell me how guards are SOOOO SLOW. I’m sorry I know guards need some mobility love. But I think there is some exaggeration here

Focus, runes of Air, and Mirror for swiftness up time. Use blink to get around jump in water in WvW (I miss the lake) to out run everything. BTW despite there being no ranger there ( deleted him in frustration) the only class I have not leveled to 80 is necromancer.

Attachments:

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Guardian

jportell.2197

So in order to get 100% swiftness uptime you have to take a weapon that is only half a weapon depending on the game type. A zerker rune set a mediocre heal and maybe 20pts into a traitline for a weapon CD. In order to get 100% uptime on a guard I need staff, Retreat, and maybe SYS. When it comes to traits I may only be required to spend 10 for superior aria.
The only thing mesmer may have over guard is blink guards don’t have to blow the heal of CD just to get swiftness and they aren’t restricted to a specific rune set just to maintain swiftness.

Like I said the only thing mesmer may have over guard is blink and leap of faith isn’t too shabby for the CD. So please stop telling me mesmer is better off than guard when Ot comes to OOC movement. You have to pretty much make your entire build zerker not Condi or defensive at all as a mesmer to get both movement OOC and some decent damage. Guard needs one weapon which btw is a great weapon and one utility skill. Everything else is personal preference.

In short mesmers are most def the slowest class in game still. And if u want to compare bases only compare a guard with no traits and just weapons/soils at low levels to a mesmer…. And tell me who has the worst mobility

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer