Guardian Shield Vanity: Aegis Obscurement

in Guardian

Posted by: Tempus.9540

Tempus.9540

Ahoy hoy,
Would it be possible to have some sort of UI function (in PvE only if needs be) to remove the “look” of the Aegis which obscures Shields. It really removes a lot of the splendour of things like the Lovestruck shield, when it has a whopping great blue transparency covering it.

Before it’s mentioned, I also hope that Guardian Shield skills will be also buffed up in the semi-near future. Shield skill 4 probably needs a rework, and 5 could do with some seconds chopped off it, to compete with focus.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I’m sure someone asked the same question months ago, Anet never answered.

There is nothing wrong with the aegis animation per say. Its just that with guardian its always up if you do not get hit. So guardian is permanently stuck with the glowing purple shield.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

This thread pops up every couple of weeks. I feel your pain.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

I know it’s all personal preference and stuff but I figured I’d share because not everyone dislikes it! I actually think it helps the looks on some shields. The lovestruck one is a bummer, and after buying one I split it off and put it in the bank, I think its one of the few ones that doesn’t work well with it.
I do agree with some reworking of the skills but that might be for another topic thread thing.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I know it’s all personal preference and stuff but I figured I’d share because not everyone dislikes it! I actually think it helps the looks on some shields. The lovestruck one is a bummer, and after buying one I split it off and put it in the bank, I think its one of the few ones that doesn’t work well with it.
I do agree with some reworking of the skills but that might be for another topic thread thing.

Not only does it clip with the wolf’s head in Braham’s Shield, it isn’t even centered properly.

Aegis is the devil. I wish you could turn it off.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

They could at least let us have a toggle that “hides” the aegis when weapons are drawn/in-combat, on the players screen, not everyone elses.

I just don’t like looking at the kitten aegis on myself, I could care less about other people having to look at it =p

in Guardian

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

This is something where Guardians and Engineers can unite as they both have class specific symbolism which strongly interferes with styling the character.

A developer responded to the Engineer’s hobo-sack issue saying: hopefully this finally gets resolved soon, and I’ll do what I can to see that happen. This was 6 months ago and because of the beefy projects don’t expect anything to happen anytime soon.

in Guardian

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

I think the Aegis should show up only when in combat.

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

It very simple to change it for good! Just make Virtue of Courage passive effect trigger only in combat.
SIMPLE!

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

ANy shield look like a piece of * in guardian hand because of Aegis uptime.

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Actually, the guild shield looks pretty trick with an aegis in the middle.
And the aegis goes away when it’s on your back.. But i get where you guys are comin from.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tempus.9540

Tempus.9540

I’m not saying all shields look dire with Aegis* but it would be nice to have the option to remove its visuals in PvE. For things like WvW I’m still not super sure why it needs to be seen on the character – it still appears as a boon when you target someone, so removing the visual wouldn’t screw over the roaming assassins of WvW.

*Diamond Aegis isn’t too bad with it. So thats one.

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

For things like WvW I’m still not super sure why it needs to be seen on the character – it still appears as a boon when you target someone, so removing the visual wouldn’t screw over the roaming assassins of WvW.

*Diamond Aegis isn’t too bad with it. So thats one.

To be technical, the visual marker on the arm like any other telegraphed visual is useful..
For instance, thieves want an aegis off before they backstab. Aegis is powerful, if only for the 1 hit. Since it’s useful at the initiation of combat, it’s gotta always be there.