Guardian Wishlist 2014

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Fellow Guardian players,

If you had a wishlist for guardian what would it be and why? Try to keep the wishlist reasonable as possible.

Here is mine:

• 1. Make scepter skill # 1 do piercing damage

I feel scepter is a solid weapon, I think one issue that is never mentioned is the lack of piercing damage for skill #1. In pvp if you are fighting a class with pets or clones, if the pet is in the way it will hit the pet instead of the target. Quite frustrating.

• 2. Improved spirit weapon AI and health

The AI is awful. There is nothing worse than seeing shield of avenger and bow of truth run off after targets when they are suppose to protect you. Really, it would be great if the AI for these two were changed to guard you.

Also, removing the mechanic where weapons are destroyed when you use the skills would be a great start to making the summons a bit less frustrating.

• 3. Perfect inscriptions

It would be nice if it was changed to share the passive mechanic of signets with nearby allies in addition to the 20% stat increase. In addition 20% is rather modest, there are minor traits like strength in numbers that give a higher stat bonus that PI does while applying it to allies as well.

• 4. Signets

Aside from Signet of Judgement, signets as a whole feel clunky. I personally feel its the cast time that causes this, but this is just my opinion. I feel that all the utility signets were instant casts or brought down to 1/4 sec cast then they would be used more.

The passive effects to Signet of Wrath and Mercy are poorly thought out. Increased condition damage isn’t worth the sacrifice vs other potential utilities and there is no need to ever use Mercy with a healing build. Signet of Mercy’s active effect is also underwhelming especially when compared to Rez signets available to other classes.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

My #1 wish is a boost to passive Virtues, either as baseline or some adept major in the same line.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Gasaraki.5967

Gasaraki.5967

For me I would like 2 thing, my first is to have a second long range weapon like a Long Bow and my second is to be able to replace the elite skill with a regular skill because I personally never use them.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I would:
*give each weapon a symbol. Symbols are an integral part of the guardian, and each weapon needs to be able to take advantage of that. In addition, each weapon set should have at least a field and finisher. I leveled with sw/f and sc/t, so I never really had a chance to use combos. Symbols on each set would help the field, so we’d just need a finisher.

*Improve spirit weapon AI. The traits for spirit weapons are mostly fine, even the number and placement. However, the weapons have a penchant for disappearing right before you really need it, or getting themselves killed. I think spirit weapons at least need to stay alive until killed as opposed to disappearing after a time. This would open another trait that could either go back into spirit weaps, or do something different. Also, spirit weaps probably shouldn’t go nova by using a command, so that could be changed also.

*Take a look at things that have been forgotten from beta. By this I mean, traits that were a good idea at the time, but have disappeared since. Things like retaliatory subconscious and shimmering defense are examples. They are quite underwhelming considering previous changes or situations where it would come into play.

There’s a few more, but I can’t remember right now. Scepter could use something different (on top of a symbol). Maybe a burst on hit a la engi pistol 1.

Fishsticks

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

For the developers to stop saying “The Guardian is in a good spot”, and get out of that framework of thinking when it comes to Guardians.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

For the developers to stop saying “The Guardian is in a good spot”, and get out of that framework of thinking when it comes to Guardians.

QFT!!!!!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

In my view, Guardians are in a good spot. However there is always need for improvement. The biggest issue for me is the lack of soft CCs for a melee heavy class. There are ways around this through the use of runes, sigils, and consumables. However it should be built into the guard, and I shouldn’t have to rely on third party items. Some traits also need slight tweaking, and other need complete overhaul. Kindled Zeal is a prime example.

Overall Guardian is in a much better spot then most professions.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Scepter#1
Projectile Finisher(or at least 20% Projectile Finisher). If it hits from far away like a projectile, gets reflected like a projectile and looks like a projectile, it is a projectile.

Spirit Weapon Hammer
Causes Chill on hit. Guardians need some soft CC.

Spirit Weapon Bow
Shoots arrows at enemies instead. The arrows bounce up to 3 times between allies and enemies. If the arrow hits an enemy it causes Crippled(more soft CC). If the arrow hits an ally it removes a condition.

Tomes
Tomes should work like Conjured Weapons, but only into the Guardian’s hands, Instead of currently being a Transformation, where you lose all Utilities and Virtues, along with all Virtue Passives or Signet Passives.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Make Spirit Weapons better, either rehash them completely or trash them and give us something better.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

Scepter#1
Projectile Finisher(or at least 20% Projectile Finisher). If it hits from far away like a projectile, gets reflected like a projectile and looks like a projectile, it is a projectile.

Spirit Weapon Hammer
Causes Chill on hit. Guardians need some soft CC.

Spirit Weapon Bow
Shoots arrows at enemies instead. The arrows bounce up to 3 times between allies and enemies. If the arrow hits an enemy it causes Crippled(more soft CC). If the arrow hits an ally it removes a condition.

Tomes
Tomes should work like Conjured Weapons, but only into the Guardian’s hands, Instead of currently being a Transformation, where you lose all Utilities and Virtues, along with all Virtue Passives or Signet Passives.

Idea 1: Yes, this projectile needs more love, it’s basically a bad fireball.

Idea 2: Not sure how often it hits but if the chill isn’t too long, yes. And yes, guardians need soft CC badly but only people who play the class in high tier PvP actually understand this.

Idea 3: Either needs to shoot faster or do what you recommend, healing field should also always be centered on the guardian.

Idea 4: The tomes boost your HP immensely and give a permanent boon when active, that is very powerful. I would like to see guardians retain utilities through it though, otherwise the skill feels too hampering for its 3 minutes cooldown.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Make sceptre 1 like 100% faster or like 20% faster and home-in on targets ^^

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

The tomes boost your HP immensely and give a permanent boon when active, that is very powerful. I would like to see guardians retain utilities through it though, otherwise the skill feels too hampering for its 3 minutes cooldown.

The boon tomes provide can be stripped and it doesn’t refresh itself. So its not permanent I’m afraid. :<

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

-Being able to use more weapons like axe, warhorn, maybe bow.

-Some form of passive movement speed increase, signet/trait/virtue?

-As someone else said, symbols on each weaponset. There’s so many traits focusing on symbols and it would be nice to take part of it on the 1h sets as well (yes mace can do it but the rest).

-More conditions to make condi build more viable, having the stronger burns + being able to get up some cover/assisting conditions would be fun. I imagine the brutal axe to be a perfect weapon to be afflicting bleeds on the target on the auto attack and in the perfect of worlds a torment applying symbol as well

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

I wish shield could block melee attacks, still seems odd to be that it can’t. I’d like a larger aoe range on scepter 2 and I’d like to see couragous return replaced with anything that doesnt completey suck, really hate it. At least so it worked from a dead state and not just downed.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Change or fix 1/2 of our utility (are garbage). Fix a lot (really, a lot) of our useless traits and improvements to the mace and scepter.

Sorry for my english.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

I wish shield could block melee attacks, still seems odd to be that it can’t. I’d like a larger aoe range on scepter 2 and I’d like to see couragous return replaced with anything that doesnt completey suck, really hate it. At least so it worked from a dead state and not just downed.

Courageous return is definitely not a good trait. What makes it particularly bad to me is that it only works if you kill something while downed. So being rezzed or healing yourself doesn’t work.

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Chill/cripple access

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

A Longbow for Guardians and a new line of tome utilities followed by appropriate traits. ;o

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

I would like guardians to be brought up to warrior standard.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

What is warrior standard?

Not trying to troll you or anything, but I want to see your perspective.

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

1. Symbols to all main hand weapons(sword. scepter)
2. Trait to make spirit weapons immune to damage
3. Improve shield abilities or traits
4. Long Bow to Guardian
5. Trait to make signets share their “active” with allies.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

5. Trait to make signets share their “active” with allies.

How would that work?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I’d like to see an elite consecration. Condi weapon and a long/short bow.

Maybe fixing the layout of some of our traits.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Svarty.8019

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

Let’s start with:

1. our passive heal being on a par with warrior’s signet, and
  2. base HP pool being on a par with warrior

You might argue that they have to choose to have signet and our passive heal is free, but we don’t get Adrenaline powers.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Seeing the healing-centric utilities becoming a bit more useful would be nice (because they’re kind of bad at the moment). Something like:
- Signet of Mercy gives +18% healing to allies (like Rune of the Monk) instead of 180 healing power, and the revive is faster.
- Bow of Truth scales with healing power.
- Merciful Intervention heals for more and is ground targeted.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

Let’s start with:

You might argue that they have to choose to have signet and our passive heal is free, but we don’t get Adrenaline powers.

Don’t you feel that comparing the two classes in that way is a bit one dimensional? I feel one of the most important things that people tend to leave out when comparing the two classes is ally support. Over 50% of Guardians skills affect allies, warrior has a much lower number for that.

Many of guardian heals affect allies, warriors have a small access to that in comparison (shout heals, regen banner). Further more, many of Guardian’s support aspects are innate or baseline. That I feel is the distinct advantage.

Certainly healing signet is better than vor traited or untraited. But then healing signet can’t be shared with allies. So there are definite advantages and disadvantages.

Personally speaking I feel Guardian’s hp is just right. The class also has force of will now which moves them to around medium tier hp.

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Wait.. I thought warrior wanna-be guardians already moved on? Some still stuck in limbo, I see..

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Svarty.8019

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

Let’s start with:

Don’t you feel that comparing the two classes in that way is a bit one dimensional?

No.

I feel one of the most important things that people tend to leave out when comparing the two classes is ally support. Over 50% of Guardians skills affect allies, warrior has a much lower number for that.

I don’t feel that that is important in any way whatsoever.

Many of guardian heals affect allies,

[Citation Needed]

Certainly healing signet is better than vor traited or untraited. But then healing signet can’t be shared with allies. So there are definite advantages and disadvantages.

But VoR has to be traited to affect allies. You’re really not selling this argument to me at all.

The class also can spec “force of will” now which nobody will sacrifice (for example) that VoR-sharing trait for, thus making my previous comments void.

Fixed it for you.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

Let’s start with:

Don’t you feel that comparing the two classes in that way is a bit one dimensional?

No.

I feel one of the most important things that people tend to leave out when comparing the two classes is ally support. Over 50% of Guardians skills affect allies, warrior has a much lower number for that.

[Citation Needed]

But VoR has to be traited to affect allies. You’re really not selling this argument to me at all.

The class also can spec “force of will” now which nobody will sacrifice (for example) that VoR-sharing trait for, thus making my previous comments void.

Fixed it for you.

You already have a preconceived notion of what you feel the guardian class is, it prevents you from seeing the advantages of the class compared to warrior. If a something about the class doesn’t fit into your perspective then its discarded as not being good.

If you don’t find the ability to support allies important then why play guardian?

Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

Wait.. I thought warrior wanna-be guardians already moved on? Some still stuck in limbo, I see..

Many are still around and still comparing the class to warrior. To me they just cause suffering to themselves, they write posts complaining about how bad the class is in comparison to warrior. But there is nothing stopping them from playing warrior. Its ironic.

If another class fits into ones perception of what they feel good game mechanics is, then why not just play it? Guild Wars 2 is one of the easiest mmos to reroll in, even better since many things are now account shared instead of soul bound.

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

1. Better AI for Spirit Weapons.
2. Trait condensation/streamlining, Spirit Weapon and Symbol traits for example, why are they all spread out?

(edited by ZoroDaOtter.3859)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Svarty.8019

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

Let’s start with:

No.

[Citation Needed]

Fixed it for you.

You already have a preconceived notion of what you feel the guardian class is, it prevents you from seeing the advantages of the class compared to warrior. If a something about the class doesn’t fit into your perspective then its discarded as not being good.

Can we please focus on the topic at hand rather than wheeling out the amateur psychiatrist routine?

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

QFT!!!!!

QFT II

Let’s start with:

No.

[Citation Needed]

Fixed it for you.

Can we please focus on the topic at hand rather than wheeling out the amateur psychiatrist routine?

The topic is a “reasonable guardian wishlist”. Not a “why warriors are better than guardian” topic, you are the one who has deviated from the topic.

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Practically since beta svarty has been complaining about guardian health. If you look through his post history, he’ll have many random quips about raising the pool, or about how having a low hp pool prevents guardians from being able to use a burning build or something unrelated like that.

It’s been well documented moar hache pees is in his wishlist.

I’d still like to hear other people’s ideas.

Fishsticks

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

Practically since beta svarty has been complaining about guardian health. If you look through his post history, he’ll have many random quips about raising the pool, or about how having a low hp pool prevents guardians from being able to use a burning build or something unrelated like that.

That’s a long time to be complaining, I’m amazed.

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

I just want enough girth defense to soak up high dmging thief’s and warriors so we can fight fairly. with the same resource thieves and warirors has taken, to be purely dmg build. A full on defensive build should soak up enough dmg and do little dmg so they are even.

.. Why? I just want to be tankier. Without feeling a helpless need to increase dps. to be playing in the same level field.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Make the guardian’s staff into a weapon that doesn’t promote bad play 98% of the time.

The hammer’s 1 chain being reworked to be more useful in all aspects of the game.

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Long bows for guardians would be great.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Shoryuken.9435

Shoryuken.9435

Give us long bows, like you planed to do before release.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

Make Scepter #1 faster, stronger, longer ranged, or more accurate; or any combination.

Scepter #3 longer ranged, and possibly a shorter cooldown.

Detonated Orb of Light blinds nearest enemy.

Maybe a fourth virtue? Passive gives faster Endurance regen, active grants (stability? retaliation? vigor?).

Combine Writ of Exaltation with Writ of Persistence.

Less windup for Hammer #4, 5.

A new weapon: some kind of polearm (halberd, glaive, naginata). #1 range attack – Lance of Light or something – #2 block/knockdown, #3 targetable heal symbol like Ele water staff, #4 skill to grant fury to nearby allies (does fury still exist? I’ve been out for nearly 2 months), #5 AoE field like Ele fire staff.

(edited by Naranek.3467)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

1) Scepter skill 50% faster (or more), to be used like a real ranged weapon.
2) Sword skill 3 to don’t Adsorb Projectiles but Block/Reflect and be a channeled skill, or make the projectiles 100% faster
3) Spirit Weapons to be immune to Direct Damage (that can make them useful in spvp/wvsw/pve) and obtain better AI (the shield that follow you, the same for the bow.
4) Speed passive skill (virtue, trait, sigil)
5) A good dps ranged weapon
6) Water Fields for the shield on skill 4 , making it a really good defensive weapon.
7) A new Elite. I don’t find nothing useful in the actual elite skills, if you don’t play support. Ok, whit a guardian in PvX you can almost play Only like a Support, but whit a good elite you can try a new build. Like a new Signet.
8) Increase the healing of the dps healing skill. Actually it’s a really bad healing skill.
9) more CC like chill and cripple. A guardian can’t obtain a passive speed, whit a cripple/chill we can reduce the enemy speed. We can inflict chill whit the hammer critical hit, but whit high cooldown and for few seconds.
10) Boost Signets, Spirit Weapons and Consecrations, because no one use it. A guardian can only use shouts and meditations (and add WoR if needed) no more.

I want to play the Guardian whit a new build, but I can’t because I can’t change my utility skills and obtain good utility skills.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Svarty.8019

That’s a long time to be complaining, I’m amazed.

I prefer to think of it as campaigning for positive change.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

Valor- Courageous Return needs to be changed.

Explanation:

It lacks synergy with the rest of the minor traits in the line. Here are examples of synergy in the other trait lines:

Zeal- Zealot’s Speed (cast a symbol when you drop below 50% hp), Symbolic Exposure (symbols now cast vulnerability), Symbolic Power (symbols now do 10% more damage).

Each trait adds on to the previous one giving it depth. But with courageous return, its disruptive to the synergy between Valorous Defense and Might of the Protector. Possible changes that could be more fitting would be:

Courageous Return:

A. Deal 7% more damage while under the effect of might
B. Gain swiftness for 10 secs each time aegis is removed
C. Enemies are crippled for 8 secs each time aegis is removed
D. Gain 5secs of stability when aegis is removed
E. When aegis is removed you become immune to cripple, chill and immobilized for 10 seconds

Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Explanation:

It lacks synergy with the rest of the minor traits in the line. Here are examples of synergy in the other trait lines:

Zeal- Zealot’s Speed (cast a symbol when you drop below 50% hp), Symbolic Exposure (symbols now cast vulnerability), Symbolic Power (symbols now do 10% more damage).

Each trait adds on to the previous one giving it depth. But with courageous return, its disruptive to the synergy between Valorous Defense and Might of the Protector. Possible changes that could be more fitting would be:

*Courageous Return:

E. When aegis is removed you become immune to cripple, chill and immobilized for 10 seconds*

As much as those skills sound nice, they look a bit to powerful to be a minor trait in Valor’s master line. A is straight up copy pasta of Strength rune 6th set, B looks alright except for the duration would probably be 3-5s, C doesn’t really fit the name of the trait, D seems to powerful and just way too strong for a minor Valor trait, E= Zerker stance against movement impairment….wayyy too strong.

I know it’s a wish list and all but if they were planning to actually replace Courageous Return with one of the three traits, they would be Shaved down by quite a bit. But then a again it’s a wishlist :P and one can only wish/dream.

The only thing(s) I wish for is a Kindled Zeal remake since it’s obsolete compared to Amplified Wrath. Another one would be to change Retaliatory Subconscious into a new trait that procs Stand your Ground When CC’d. If it happens move it up to to master trait and move Supreme Justice down to adept tier. General change to have some condition removal on all weapons like not complete removal but things like removing 1 stack of bleed or knocking off a fixed duration poison or burn upon landing said skills. Last thing would be some soft CC, not a lot, just a little bit initially to help builds that don’t run hammer or Traveler/Speed to keep up.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Aza.2105

Explanation:

*Courageous Return:

E. When aegis is removed you become immune to cripple, chill and immobilized for 10 seconds*

As much as those skills sound nice, they look a bit to powerful to be a minor trait in Valor’s master line. A is straight up copy pasta of Strength rune 6th set, B looks alright except for the duration would probably be 3-5s, C doesn’t really fit the name of the trait, D seems to powerful and just way too strong for a minor Valor trait, E= Zerker stance against movement impairment….wayyy too strong.

I know it’s a wish list and all but if they were planning to actually replace Courageous Return with one of the three traits, they would be Shaved down by quite a bit. But then a again it’s a wishlist :P and one can only wish/dream.

The only thing(s) I wish for is a Kindled Zeal remake since it’s obsolete compared to Amplified Wrath. Another one would be to change Retaliatory Subconscious into a new trait that procs Stand your Ground When CC’d. If it happens move it up to to master trait and move Supreme Justice down to adept tier. General change to have some condition removal on all weapons like not complete removal but things like removing 1 stack of bleed or knocking off a fixed duration poison or burn upon landing said skills. Last thing would be some soft CC, not a lot, just a little bit initially to help builds that don’t run hammer or Traveler/Speed to keep up.

Not really a wishlist, but more like examples of a trait that provides synergy between its predecessor trait and successor trait. The other trait lines follow this pattern, valor however does not.

Windows 10

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Althalos.6734

Althalos.6734

I would rather go down the path of Virtues having synergies in their respective trait lines.
Virtue of Justice has two minor traits in Radiance – an effect enhancement and a reset trait.
Virtue of Courage tries to follow this example in Valor, but Valorous Defence is neither directly nor indirectly enhancing it and Courageous Return is extremly lacking.
Then there is Virtue of Resolve which should have its synergy minors in Honor, but has neither.
Consistency is what I would like to see here (yes even going as far as getting rid of Vigorous Precision and Selfless Daring for an enhancement and reset trait for Virtue of Resolve).

Just to throw in a few ideas:
Valorous Defense – Aegis grants 5s of Protection when it ends
Shield of Judgment (shield #4) – grants 20s Aegis instead of Protection
Vigorous Precision [rename] – Virtue of Resolve applies Vigor when activated
Selfless Daring [rename] – Virtue of Resolve is renewed when you use a healing skill

Ideas not related to Virtues:
Compress all Spirit Weapon traits into Zeal just like Signets are in Radiance, Meditations in Valor, Shouts in Honor etc.
Symbols for all main weapons, unbind existing symbol traits from Zeal and Honor and bring in different major traits for them in all trait lines, so they can be customized to cause variety of effects (Zeal – damage, Radiance – burning, Honor – healing etc.)

Althalos Dragonclaw – Seafarer’s Rest Guardian – Symbol of Hope
I use ESDF.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

i want two things for my guardian .

1. i want back ( prior of last update ) the usage of cleansisle bolts to remove the conditions from my guardian.

why i want cleansisle bolts and i why i refuse to use the honor trait + rune of trooper + signet of resolve etc ?

because cleansisle bolts is weapons combos and need player’s skill when and how to use them and all other from traits or runes need zero skill from player.

if they wanted to lower the affect of passive remove conditions ( the www shout build ) from zergs they can add a % of success to all or some of these passive condition removals .

by destroying the cleansisle bolts they removed the skills from guardians and made them all pvp meditation monkeys in www .

2. i need real protection skills or combos for my guardian , like blinding bolts or more blinding skills . i refuse to understand why a thief or mesmer can protect better with stealth their allies than a guardian.

when i want to run dollies i log off my guardian and i log my thief . this is silly for a class with the name …. guardian !

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Maybe a fourth virtue? Passive gives faster Endurance regen, active grants (stability? retaliation? vigor?).

I’ve been thinking about how awesome a fourth virtue would be. Even better, what if the virtue was dependent on the weapon you’re using? A good way to stick whatever boon/condition is missing in each build. Each with their own passive and active, maybe a master trait that improves them.

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

Warrior Longbow’s skillset. It does everything a Guardian does. It was made for us. Why Warriors have it is beyond me. Take off the bleed on skill 5 and it is a Guardian weapon through and through.

They can have their amazing Hammer, but that Longbow? Screw them. That’s ours.

Also Torch 4 still needs to synergize with Inner Fire. Seriously.

(edited by Archmortal.1027)

Guardian Wishlist 2014

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

I think the real thing that would benefit guards the most would be changes to the game itself. There is to much emphasis on zergs rather than real team play, something the guardian would excel at given half a chance.