Guardian in year 2013 UP/Balance/OP ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

Q:

After 700 hours as Guardian i must say he is now really weak.he has low hp pool from all class. no CC to keep people at melee. no passive move buff like other class with no escape ability ( you cannot run from fight like other class with passive and active speed/teleport/stealth.
guardian is weakness class in range ( he dont have real range weapon (staff is only support and scepter is bad) with no good gap closer( only teleport(1h) leap(2h).
Vs other class he have small hp pool so he cannot play more offense builds he must play only defensive builds.warrior can play same good defense tank like guardian with 29-32k hp ( guard have 12-13k hp lower) more dmg and cc/block skills
i dont say he is incedible bad but Arenanet will nerfing himt too much ( almost every patch= new nerf) and dont fix this class. guardian is good only kitten bunker/support build but this builds arenanet will nerfing this build in every patch.

he really need fix his skills and traits ( Zeal trait line us useless because there in no good trait (5%dmg GS (warrior have 10%)/25hp per GS attack what dont stack with healing power is small(AH from Valor gove more Heal with 300 thoughtness and +30% crit dmg)
Pure of voice is not cure condition with shout right (sometime remove sometime not remove/ RUne of soldier work normal)

His skill/ability what need fix:Virtue of Resolve (small regen vs other passive regen and small scale from healing power every 3s (other regen have every 1s)
Leap of Faith (600 range is very small warrior have 2 gap closer with 800/1200 range what do more damage
Ring of Warding/Line of Warding need reduce castaing time or cast at move
Orb of Wrath (range 1200) but will anybody GM test it?? after range 500 you will miss almost all attack (forgot hit move target)
Smite 15xhit for X damage but you never have 15 hits (5-12 max) this skill need change to symbol or aoe like ele skills
Flashing Blade need change to leap or buff dmg
Zealot’s Defense this skill is very bad (only good vs npc or non-move enemy) after enemy start move you will miss almost all attack ( this skill need change to use on move)
Shield of Judgment ( remove dmg and give Regeneration)
Shield of Absorption vs warrior 5 skill is pretty bad (3s immortal vs knock/ projectiles block with 10s more cd)
Sanctuary need reduce CD 120s for small bubles where you can be easy hit by condition/melee(when you stay at buble you can hit) and non projectile skill
Signet of Mercy 240s for bugged signet
( i test revive to dead and downed nothing work) vs ele signet with 3 res and 165cd
Judgment (from wrath elite) 600 range and 5s casting time bad if you dont get cc you will not hit anybody and when hit its do small dmg that attack skill

So spirit weapons: after new update this skills is absolutly useless. 30-60cd for spirit weapon what can be killed by 1-2 hits ( i 1 shot with critical hit)
this skills need fix (more hp/can be booned) or reduce CD to 15-20s

so without no escape/CC to keep people at melee range and good range weapon he can be easy killed at range without any problem. with no move buff like other class he cannot catch anybody i think this class dont need nerf by nerf but fix

in Guardian

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

It’s really a pain to try and read with understanding what you wrote. But at overall – you are mostly comparing warrior to guardian but you avoid to mention the supportivness of a guardian (heals/baffs). And in long run guardian is much more stable class than a warrior.
Ofc that’s my opinion as a thief since i have much more probs with a decent guardian than a decent warrior.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I am in love with my guardian but I am aware of its limitations. sounds like you are envious of a few of the warriors skills/traits. maybe make a warrior and play to 80 then you’ll be a good judge of what is what regarding the 2 classes. if not, maybe guardian just isnt the right class for you. (please dont take that as an insult) but I play many 4 classes and am better at some than others. this could simply be the case. maybe its time to try something different.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Cant play damage build on a Guardian? Pffft L2P.

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

Posted by: Kryptonite.7580

Kryptonite.7580

lol almost every issue you stated is totally fixable your post here shows that u obviously want a game like wow that basically plays the game for you how easy it is… if u want to get better with the class stop complaining and start thinking

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

This has to be a troll thread. Noone could be this bad at reading the descriptions of skills.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I think it is UP in some situations and OP in others.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Two things:

(1) Please don’t use the Question-format for threads that do not have a clearly definable answer. It messes up the debate because comments can shift around. If you have a question that does have a clear definable answer, then please do use it.

(2) An actual answer: The Guardian is not underpowered, not overpowered and not balanced. “But Ynna, those are the only options right?”, you ask. No, voice in my head, they’re not. The Guardian is strong at a couple of things and maybe even too strong. It’s also disproportionately weak in other areas. There are skills and traits that don’t work well, but there are also those who are a lot stronger than the others.

Guardians are in a good spot. We have one or two builds that we can use well and it allows to participate in every type of content, but outside of those builds, we sometimes have to struggle to play how we want. We’re not faceroll-easy, but we’re also not unplayable.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

We are good group/team players. We really shine at supporting and defending points (only really useful in PvP).

But: We quite suck in smaller teams or solo. We need someone to do the CC for us or go heavily towards damage to not be getting kited forever. (That said, i really love to do smallscale with my necro guildie ^^)

I’d say we are currently quite balanced with flaws that could need a little fixing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Because of this I consider guardian being balanced! No profession/build should be universal. That is why we have diversity

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Because of this I consider guardian being balanced! No profession/build should be universal. That is why we have diversity

That’s not really what balance means. Especially not in a game where each profession should be able to fulfill each role. They shouldn’t fulfill them in the same way, and there can be discussion over what makes up a role, but a profession should be able to do (if it traits right) everything.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

That is why I said profession/build. You can’t go bunker and expect to be OK everywhere. Likewise, you can’t go full glass cannon and expect to tank.

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Yet again:
Fix skills bugs and tweak underpowered skills
Remedy the useless trait lines

Done. I have no issues with the Guardian being OP or UP or any other kind of P you may fancy it’s in the same boat as other classes when it comes down to having useless traits and skills that would make no sense no matter the build you run.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

well, I dont really see guardian that bad, for me is the best profession, but I do feel that it need a feel improvements:
1. Zeal line: true, it’s useless. Needs total redone
2. Reduce animation times on weapon skills
3. Faster and more precise orbs on ranged weapons (staff/scepter)

If Anet could fix this, I would be satisfied…

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Clearly we’re UP.

More Buff’s Plz. I want to 1 shot people.

Oh wait…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

My issue is rather simple.

I have to spec and build for lots and lots of survivability to counter having such low health. I have no other options.

Lets not mention most of this survivability can be stripped away with 1 button push by a Necro.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Guardian is one of the most balanced professions. Yeah it needs some tweaks here and there, but what class doesn’t?

It’s a great class, and I’m glad it was my first toon.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

The following list is overall. 1-2 small things in a category being UP/OP =/= that category being UP/OP.

Survival: 11/10
Support: 9/10
Damage: 7/10
Control: 4/10
Ranged Combat: 3/10
Melee Combat: 8/10
Effective Build Variety: 2/10
Utility Skills: 7/10
Elite Skills: 6/10
Traits: 6/10

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I mostly play spvp so here’s my opinion currently:

Survival: 8/10 (You’re required to stand in symbols to survive, elementalists do it better)
Support: 7/10 (Short boon duration but still party-wide)
Damage: 5/10 (Guardians are the only class that can’t burst down a target quickly)
Control: 3/10 (Wards are bugged, no on-demand cripple or chill with limited immobilization)
Ranged combat: 2/10 (need I elaborate on this?)
Melee Combat 7/10 (symbols can be a big help but are easily avoidable and must be traited to be of actual use)
Effective Build Variety: 2/10 (AH or MF)
Utility skills: 4/10( Consecrations have too long of a cd and no one stands in them, spirit weapons are terrible, meditations provide no real benefit since conditions can be reapplied faster than you can remove, signets aren’t very good especially Signet of mercy, shouts are the only reasonable choice)
Elite Skills: 2/10 (When compared to the rest, Guardians are severely lacking. Tomes are no longer useful due to long cast times and no stability, RF is the only choice)
Traits: 5/10 (Valor has the best traits available, Honor is good but having to spend 3 major traits just to make symbols viable doesn’t make much sense)