Guardian power/CC Spirit weapons build Video

in Guardian

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Hey all!

So I made a video for a spirit weapons build, its all about the power with a greatsword and hammer for the CC and extra fun factor.

Anyways enjoy and let me know how this could be possibly improved

Build Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AAFbobmeBQ&list=UUYcZuPaZfonVRjeqFpRukqA

Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66umF--S6U&list=UUYcZuPaZfonVRjeqFpRukqA

Into the mists calculator build:
http://intothemists.com/guides/3585-spirit_weapons_with_speed_runes

Ill be rolling out a game play video today and will add it to this post asap :0

Cheers!

Jebro

(edited by jebro.6370)

in Guardian

jebro.6370

Added gameplay to this post aswell:

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I think you should rename your thread to “What build NOT to bring in PVP”

because that’s what I got from watching ur videos. With condi pressure more rampant than ever before, you chose the worst possible build to deal with it.

No Stability, minimal condi cleanse. You might as well bend over and take it

in Guardian

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Here’s my version of Spirit Weapons post-patch, which I’ll probably post in my own thread later:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Z-3d;0NFF80V3RG-90;9;4TJ;0J59A27;548-INl3L;1KJG4KJG41JJ

It’s fun to play in Solo Q, but I wouldn’t consider it the most serious build ever. The damage is pretty sick 1v1 on point, but bring it into a teamfight and your weapons will be pretty dead and/or kited. Still, I had a ton of fun playing the build, which you can see here about 1 hour in:

http://www.twitch.tv/cymerdown/b/521584768

Have fun!

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in Guardian

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

because that’s what I got from watching ur videos. With condi pressure more rampant than ever before, you chose the worst possible build to deal with it.

While it’s true that in the meta PvP – which is stale and boring – you get run over by condi’s and this build doesn’t counter that, this build WRECKS anyone with medium HP who thinks you’re an easy kill. A medi guard ran into me while I was running power spirits and she died in 5 seconds to immense damage spikes. Warriors get flattened by it. Thieves just explode in giant numbers.

But then I go into team fights and melt in conditions because it hasn’t got a cleanse. Valid build, hits like a truck, undone by condi meta, just like so many other builds which would be fun but are ‘not done’ because ‘meta’

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

I will just walk away from him when i see him summoning 2 or 3 spirit weapon. And melt him afterwards. Sadly, SW is broken since it lost its invulnerability.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

hehehe comon people, you could have fun with them just like the racial traits but you can never take them seriously. I seem to remember them lagging way behind me like mini pets do, do they still do that ??? i will have to check now.

in Guardian

jebro.6370

blimey its a fun build.

Does everything need to be so serious? Its called theory crafting.

Thanks to those who mentioned similar.

Also:

Did you even watch the video?

Courage gives stability.

in Guardian

jebro.6370

While it’s true that in the meta PvP – which is stale and boring – you get run over by condi’s and this build doesn’t counter that, this build WRECKS anyone with medium HP who thinks you’re an easy kill. A medi guard ran into me while I was running power spirits and she died in 5 seconds to immense damage spikes. Warriors get flattened by it. Thieves just explode in giant numbers.

But then I go into team fights and melt in conditions because it hasn’t got a cleanse. Valid build, hits like a truck, undone by condi meta, just like so many other builds which would be fun but are ‘not done’ because ‘meta’

Appreciate this post a lot.

I do like to still try builds that are in the game and should be played aswell to add variety, part of the reason I like to post these builds is because perhaps with some further thought and feedback in the community we can push some changes in other areas that perhaps haven’t been looked at.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

You either trait courage to give stability or Resolve to give you condi cleanse. Any smart man would take the latter, hence why you have no stability in your build.

The build fails either way im sorry, having to pick 1 or the other is reason enough for me not to consider Spirit weapons

in Guardian

jebro.6370

Well thats upto you. Condi cleanse is tough in this build we know this. So maybe like you say the option would be to go resolve. But thats kind of the point of the thread. To help.

in Guardian

jebro.6370

The bow of course does cleanse conditions but Im now trying and testing the heal signet out to act as a kinf of purity, but of course not getting that block heal.

We shall see. Also changed the stability to condi removal on resolve. Seeing if its more survivable. Still loving spirit weapons though

in Guardian

Posted by: Samson.1345

Samson.1345

I HATE it when people shoot down a build because “it isn’t the best” or “isn’t good in the meta”, I’ll have you know I destroy people with my full melee soldiers ranger, my alchemy rifle engineer and my pistol condi thief even if they aren’t “meta”. They are fun builds and I run them because I enjoy them. I don’t need to rely on using only certain builds to win because that is boring. Keep it up Jebro

in Guardian

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

OK i think i just found one viable build while theorycrafting a lot.
same distribution as your build jebro but with diff traits and/ runes etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNApdRlsApKoFBxZI8DNh8QlZY0iVPBBwDgZUsFA-TJxHwA42fAZZgBPBAAHCAA

it is a bruiser version(tanky dps):
so i take:
Greatsword/mace + focus.

• purging flames + the consecration mastery and absolute resolution in virtue for the condition removal.
  • I take bigger symbols + healing symbols in honor, since i have to take 6 in zeal, and these symbols are the base of your bruiser ability.

For sigils it take battle and energy on both weapon sets, and i take runes of the warrior for the -20% swap recharge which synergies extremely well with sigil of energy and honor 3 (heal on dodge).

I take a cleric amulet for the healing aspect of the build and with the 6 points in zeal i have enough power to do good damages.

The greatsword and mace were chosen for their ability to provide on demand symbols.

try the build pretty sure you will like it.