Improve Orb of Light

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

In the light of the recent Druid reveal, maybe it’s time to finally fix Orb of Light? The thing has been bugged since release and utilizing it to it’s full potential is extremely annoying. I propose something like:

Old
Fire a moving orb of light that damages enemies and heals allies it touches. Detonate the orb to heal nearby allies.

New
Tether a moving orb of light to the targeted position. The tether damages enemies and heals allies it touches. Detonate the orb to heal nearby allies.

See attached image. The tether itself, for the duration it takes the orb of light to travel to the anchor, would heal or damage players near it (within the AoE, and only once per player, obviously). The Orb of Light, as it travels along the tether, can be detonated as usual (ending the tether early, and inducing the 12 sec cool down).

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Breyva.8169

Breyva.8169

Haven’t you heard, we have aegis and protection. we are in a good spot. nothing needs fixing.

/anyway. what would really be amazing is it also acted like the trident 2 skill.

“Release an orb of cleansing light that cures conditions on allies it passes through. Detonate it to burn foes and cure conditions on allies in the blast radius.”
— “Detonate the orb to burn foes and cure conditions on allies in the blast radius.”

why not combine both skills to staff 2. maybe OP, tun it down :/

we just need to be happy with the crumbs we are given, while other classes get a Celestial form that looks like it was for guardian complete with our lost tomes, kek!

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Honestly, I think it should just detonate automatically when it hits the target, with a cooldown of 6 seconds.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

This would be amazing but I have a better chance at winning the lottery multiple times.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I’d rather Wave of Farming get changed to something actually supportive and/or decent, although this change would be nice too.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

it would be really nice, also i hate when that orb does not enter in CD and i need to detonate it again(when i have no orb actually).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If the Orb is reflected it no longer counts as “your” projectile, meaning you can’t detonate it. Because reflects are weird, it will disappear, but you’ll still need to detonate your “not yours” orb before it will actually recharge. Other than that weirdness, I don’t really have a problem with orb, except maybe not having detonate increase the recharge 4×.

Fishsticks

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

sounds like it needs to be fixed >:) to something more simple.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

IMO just have it be area targeted rather than enemy target or whatever direction your character is looking at the time.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

You can shoot it through the enemy, it can crit nicely on hit and then detonate it right behind him for a second hit, but I agree it’s actually hard to hit your (moving) target or ally with it

9 Guardians later…

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Frankly I’d love to see it and wave get swapped around & both of them get adjusted/changed.

Orb : Would be the spammable attack & would no longer detonate, but would move much faster and have a slightly wider effect radius.

Wave: Would have a 5 second CD but hit 3 or so times harder & also have some sort of utility tied to it. (could remove a condition from allies it passes through, cripple enemies or knock back enemies.)

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

I’d very much like it if the trident’s auto-attack (Light of Judgment) became the staff’s auto-attack. It wouldn’t be hard to implement and it would also fit the staff’s theme and gameplay-style nicely.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I’d very much like it if the trident’s auto-attack (Light of Judgment) became the staff’s auto-attack. It wouldn’t be hard to implement and it would also fit the staff’s theme and gameplay-style nicely.

IDk if I would want the trident’s auto attack.

It doesn’t really scale well with any gear set.

A spammable, faster moving, non detonating orb of light however would be decent for damage if you gear for it & provide decent healing (over the course of a fight) if your using some healing power gear.

If people want cleave for tagging stuff they could just make wave hit several times harder and put it on a 3-5 second CD with possible utility tacked on.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

I said that assuming it would gain properly balanced scaling on land.

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I said that assuming it would gain properly balanced scaling on land.

Ah well with properly balanced scaling (for power & healing power) it could be rather nice.

It would just have to scale a heck of allot better then it does now because even with will ascended armor and weapons it barely scales at all.

By chance what would you suggest they do with the #2 ? Leave it as is or change it ?

Improve Orb of Light

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

I’d leave it alone for the most part. I think #2 could perhaps use a QoL buff like making the orb ground targeted rather than having to “aim” it with the game’s invisible crosshair. Also, the detonation cooldown is too large imo, but besides that I’m personally good with it.