Incoming Guardian Nerf?

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

I’m really not sure how they are going to implement the AOE nerf on Guardians. As of now the Guardian does some of the highest constant damage in the game, but all our burst damage is linked to AOE’s. We are also one of the least mobile classes in the game, If they remove our burst we aren’t going to be killing much.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

You’re not going to be killing much against a target that stays out of your symbols anyway. 8(

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

If they nerf damage across the board then that’d automatically be a buff to guardians. The slower the damage comes, the stronger healing power is.

This would only be the case if they nerfed mob damage as well, which I don’t think will happen at all. Anet’s just making PvE suck even more and more with every patch in favor of WvW and SPvP

This is not the correct view point either.

In PvE you cannot be nerfed in relation to mobs, because there’s no alternative. You’ll still have to kill the same mob as that is the game itself. The game may become more challenging as a result, but that should be seen as a difficulty increase, not a power decrease.

Nerf with respect to PvE has to do with how your profession fares against other professions that will be fighting for the same party slots as you. To this end, the AoE nerf is almost guaranteed to effect guardians less than most other classes. A thief or a ranger may be less affected by this change, but they had always been an inferior choice to guardians across the board in PvE, so you have little to fear.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Slimshot.3251

Slimshot.3251

Well if they do nerf those skills, they better buff something else up!

by the very nature of the nerf means that single target attacks will now be more valuable vrs a single target. aoe is ment for multiple targets but is used vrs single target making single target skills not worth it. after all why use a single target skill when you can just aoe spam everything instead. This nerf is good for the skill level and tactical planning of build comps for the game.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

by the very nature of the nerf means that single target attacks will now be more valuable vrs a single target. aoe is ment for multiple targets but is used vrs single target making single target skills not worth it. after all why use a single target skill when you can just aoe spam everything instead. This nerf is good for the skill level and tactical planning of build comps for the game.

I wonder if this will hold true for guardians since we really don’t have any single target damage skills at all. The only skills we have that are single-target are auto attacks on half our weapons (and we already have some of the strongest auto attacks in the game) and a couple of utility skills that aren’t suppose to do damage anyways.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

We do have solid auto attacks but that’s not the issue I think. It all comes down to the ability to hit your target which is where this class is lacking. Nerfing these even more would make them near-useless.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I wonder if this will hold true for guardians since we really don’t have any single target damage skills at all. The only skills we have that are single-target are auto attacks on half our weapons (and we already have some of the strongest auto attacks in the game) and a couple of utility skills that aren’t suppose to do damage anyways.

Exactly! And the few single target skills on our weapons aren’t that strong at all. Just look at GS for example.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

I really believe Anet should consider revamping this profession a bit. Make it more mobile along with the others, Higher boon upkeep, cripples, stuns. All skills that other professions have access to that Guardians don’t.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Guardian is like the Dervish of GW1.
Always a buff, never a nerf.

Man I loved that class.

What are you smoking, guardian has only been recieving nerfs and no buffs.

If they even think of touching our greatsword/hammer skills im quitting the class, and there isnt another class I enjoy

What did they nerf? the GS switch between symbol and leap?
I can’t recall how anything we got, been significantly nerfed to the point of “omg”.

Personally, I play all classes, they all got their appeal as long as they have viable builds, and right now I play guardian, thief, warrior and engineer.
Anet going to buff other classes and nerf guarding? go for it, will just switch around.

GS symbol, SYS, Tomes to name a few….

All nonsense that hardly affected us.
Guardian from day 1 played the same if not better until today.

Still most reliable class that can contribute a lot to dungeons, zergs and sieging if played right.

1+1 = potato

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Hardly? SyS was our best shout by far, now it’s not even worth looking at.(spvp) Tomes were strong yes but now good luck actually utilizing them when everyone sees you holding a book. I’ve been a Guardian from day 1 as well, over 1k hours so it’s no surprise. We can also add vengeful spirit got a nice nerf along with selfless daring.

This class is the best for pve because the mobs are too stupid to get out of the symbols. Implementing this anywhere else and you’re out of luck.

Edit: This pretty much covers consecrations as well. Again, the only profession pretty much required to stand still for any benefit.

(edited by Arken.3725)

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Since every single decent damage button I push, every one that Guradian possesses, is AOE, any change to AOE damage will be a massive nerf to balanced and dps builds.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Guardian is like the Dervish of GW1.
Always a buff, never a nerf.

Man I loved that class.

What are you smoking, guardian has only been recieving nerfs and no buffs.

If they even think of touching our greatsword/hammer skills im quitting the class, and there isnt another class I enjoy

What did they nerf? the GS switch between symbol and leap?
I can’t recall how anything we got, been significantly nerfed to the point of “omg”.

Personally, I play all classes, they all got their appeal as long as they have viable builds, and right now I play guardian, thief, warrior and engineer.
Anet going to buff other classes and nerf guarding? go for it, will just switch around.

GS symbol, SYS, Tomes to name a few….

All nonsense that hardly affected us.
Guardian from day 1 played the same if not better until today.

Still most reliable class that can contribute a lot to dungeons, zergs and sieging if played right.

1. First two sentences are just utter garbage. You’re either trolling or fooling yourself.
2. Third sentence is fairly accurate.

Since every single decent damage button I push, every one that Guradian possesses, is AOE, any change to AOE damage will be a massive nerf to balanced and dps builds.

Amen to that brother!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

While #2 is fairly accurate, it’s quite boring. All you really have to do is spam the #1 on your hammer, sit back and relax as you never die.(dodge occasionally if you’re doing fotm)

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Metaphysicist.9427

Metaphysicist.9427

Except the massive healing and utility, and other weapons.. but I mean, those don’t matter, right?

Massive healing? Do we play the same game?

Massive healing is what monks have in GW.

WW and MB have absolutely 0 chance to get nerfed.

Have you ever actually tried an AH build?

And massive being relative to the lackluster healing that exists in this game to begin with.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Guardians healing is tied to the amount of players around us, we’re not elementalists that receive high healing regardless if he/she is solo or in a group. So if you’re by yourself, that massive healing…heh. The only weapon(s) that will provide such healing is the staff and Hammer. If this is PvP, the hammer doesn’t do anything since your symbols will never hit, and having to stand still to use empower leaves you wide open for a focused attack.(which empower will not heal through)

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

I cannot think of anything they could actually nerf on a Guardian…
Hammer: If anything they could buff #2 and it’s not like that thing is OP
GS: Please, the GS has 1 skill useful in PvE
Scepter: It would be really nice if they actually buffed smite to a symbol and increased the immobile time on #3
Sword:…Guardians can use a sword?….
Staff: It’s not like the damage on this AoE is that ridiculous and its simply useless in pvp
Mace: This thing seems to me the best weapon Guards can use, and its nicely balanced
Focus: Eh…#5 is really what its used for and it blocks 3 attacks… how many does shield stance block????
Shield: I would love to see #5 not allow enemies in PvE to cross it. It serves as a “why don’t you come on in to my useless blue bubble that’s not doing anything because nobody is shooting projectiles”
Torch: Idk…never seen many Guards use it (I certainly don’t)

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Metaphysicist.9427

Metaphysicist.9427

Guardians healing is tied to the amount of players around us, we’re not elementalists that receive high healing regardless if he/she is solo or in a group. So if you’re by yourself, that massive healing…heh. The only weapon(s) that will provide such healing is the staff and Hammer. If this is PvP, the hammer doesn’t do anything since your symbols will never hit, and having to stand still to use empower leaves you wide open for a focused attack.(which empower will not heal through)

Quite true but self-healing isn’t absolutely terrible, just mildly terrible.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d be surprised if Guardian is nerfed much. Of all of the classes, Guardian is the most balanced currently.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Quite true but self-healing isn’t absolutely terrible, just mildly terrible.

Indeed, if you want solid self-healing regardless of the circumstances, make an Elementalist. Otherwise, you better hope that some of your teammates are around you.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenonium.6852

Zenonium.6852

NOOOOO they can’t nerf my gaurdian! If they nerf it then bye bye GW2, hello Elder Scrolls Online! :P

Zenonium – Gaurdian
Elezenia – Elementalist | MY GW2 Beginners Guide- Be nice D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KL1RPj9KB4

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

They better not nerf the Guardian AOE. That would make me very angry. Our single target attack is so pathetically weak as it is, the ONLY thing a guardian has going for them is an AOE attack.

Doing this has a high chance of me giving up on the Guardian completely.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

“make classes that are good at single target damage stand out a bit more”
———————-

Huh? They already stand out. Just go to the mists and practice damage with a single target class, like a Thief, and compare how fast it takes to kill the same single mob compared to a Guardian. A Thief can kill a single target very quickly. They don’t need to nerf other aoe classes which are much slower at single targets.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

NOOOOO they can’t nerf my gaurdian! If they nerf it then bye bye GW2, hello Elder Scrolls Online! :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Spirit-Weapons-RIP/first#post1309945

Say hello.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Our nerf is the combo requirement of dailies. GL guardians.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenonium.6852

Zenonium.6852

NOOOOOO It sounds horrible x.x i’m scared to patch the game when i get home….maybe if i dont patch it up the game will fix itself!! :x (not likely :P )

Zenonium – Gaurdian
Elezenia – Elementalist | MY GW2 Beginners Guide- Be nice D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KL1RPj9KB4

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

NOOOOOO It sounds horrible x.x i’m scared to patch the game when i get home….maybe if i dont patch it up the game will fix itself!! :x (not likely :P )

It’s kitten. We’re having to run around in groups trying to get kill combos to trigger. Nightmare!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I really believe Anet should consider revamping this profession a bit. Make it more mobile along with the others, Higher boon upkeep, cripples, stuns. All skills that other professions have access to that Guardians don’t.

So basically, you just want to play those other professions …

Sorry, I disagree. The last thing I want is to feel like I’m playing another profession with all the things they have but with a different name. I play Guardian because I like the different challenges it gives me and the tools it brings for all the different aspects of play. I don’t feel it should be dumbed down in any way to remove its deficiencies. The strengths and weaknesses are what defines the class.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

I basically want to play a mobile profession like everyone else. Not much to ask really.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Looks like the nerfed the ability to cancel our dodge rolls to gain heals and keep our endurance uncapped for the damage bonus trait. Unless I’m wrong, did anyone else do this? I did it a lot with the hammer, dodge cancelling after the second autoattack.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Our nerf is the combo requirement of dailies. GL guardians.

Lol so true, ive been wirling in mesmer fields for over 30 minuts on what, 150 mobs or so, in a few different zones and got 2/10 combo count before daily reset.

Nice.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I basically want to play a mobile profession like everyone else. Not much to ask really.

It’s not really genuine to say we aren’t mobile. I can warp around, close gaps, break stuns and conditions quite well with any number of builds actually. This kind of thinking is just another case of not recognizing the class for what it is and how its strengths and weaknesses translate into the kinds of roles it’s suited for for different aspects of the game. If those don’t translate into roles you like, you should simply reconsider the class you feel comfortable playing instead of claiming there is something wrong with this one.

Incoming Guardian Nerf?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

I don’t think you understand the concept of mobility. Closing a gap between enemies is relatively easy, good luck keeping up with them. There is a problem with this profession, it’s the only one that has to remain still to actually be viable.