June 17th Patch Addendum

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

• Knockback from Sanctuary, Line of Warding, Shield of Absorption and Ring of Warding now puts you into combat ( although it still doesn’t agro NPCs )

Looks like staff users lost one of our few escape mechanisms.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ok shield knockback I can see, but the rest? Really? What if a doe just walks into it?

Typical tunnel visioned crap for balance changes just for the sake of it.

Like Guardians had too much mobility…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Its likely because knockback isn’t too insignificant of a thing. They can also cause interrupts, which could proc perplex runes. If anything they were changes for consistency across professions. Then again, maybe not.

Fishsticks

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

OOOH BOY!!
What is this bullkitten????

“Guardians in a good place” and they felt the need to change this???

WHYY????!!

Devona’s Rest

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

First we already have to worry about random mobs wandering into our symbol of swiftness and putting us in combat, now this?

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

• Knockback from Sanctuary, Line of Warding, Shield of Absorption and Ring of Warding now puts you into combat ( although it still doesn’t agro NPCs )

Looks like staff users lost one of our few escape mechanisms.

Amazing!

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yes, I think it was way too OP for guardians to slowly plod away from a fight, but you know, flying across the screen or arbitrarily vanishing in stealth is perfectly fine.

Can’t wait til Necros going into death shroud puts them in combat. Oh, I should keep my mouth shut.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

So what? Runes of centuar/speed/travelers mandatory now?

Devona’s Rest

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I don’t know how people go about their guardian lives w/o travler runes, the normal run speed is painful.

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

re-confirming, once again, they have no idea how to balance this game and have no understanding of the class.

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

this changes… whats next ? remove the knobkac becouse people dont want to run stability and cry about being knocked back by guardians?

re-confirming, once again, they have no idea how to balance this game and have no understanding of the class.

Can we at least have videos of dev’s playing guardians and shows us how the class is played?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Can we at least have videos of dev’s playing guardians and shows us how the class is played?

Get a full cleric set, invest in traits that sustain allies such as writ of the merciful, battle presence, purity of body etc. Use support type weapons such as shield, mace and staff.

I’m not trying to be sarcastic, I’m dead serious. As the devs said Guardian is a support class. The faster everyone understands this the less frustrated they will become and realize that Guardian may not be for them. The class is suppose to be Monk 2.0.

To be honest, the idea of a class that revolves around supporting allies in a game were everyone is suppose to be self supporting feels a bit out of place.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Get a full cleric set, invest in traits that sustain allies such as writ of the merciful, battle presence, purity of body etc. Use support type weapons such as shield, mace and staff.

I’m not trying to be sarcastic, I’m dead serious. As the devs said Guardian is a support class. The faster everyone understands this the less frustrated they will become and realize that Guardian may not be for them. The class is suppose to be Monk 2.0.

To be honest, the idea of a class that revolves around supporting allies in a game were everyone is suppose to be self supporting feels a bit out of place.

i would even use SoA (once in a while i use it but its useless, imo skill just for the fun), if weapon didnt died with 1x / 2x ranged atacks or one aoe damage.
(a spirit shield tp protect range skills that actually dies with range atacks 1 or 2 seconds after cast, the irony).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGuhizHEnU
Current as of Mar 3 14

Fishsticks

June 17th Patch Addendum

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I think this is the reason for such frustration Aza. This is actually a very good quote.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee