Litany of Wrath and healing power

in Guardian

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

It’s no secret that Litany of Wrath is one of our least used heals – particularly in pvp formats. That doesn’t make it entirely useless, but it’s certainly no Shelter.

One change I would like to see would be an increase in the skill’s synergy with healing power. It only scales on the initial low burst heal (and at a low ratio), while the passive component encourages full dps setups. Nerfing this component’s base functionality from a zerker focus to a healing power focus would obviously be a bad move – it would change the entire functionality of the skill.

My suggestion is simple. Add an extra scaling to the skill. The new description would be something along the lines of this:

Litany of Wrath
Heal yourself. For a brief time, heal yourself based on a percentage of damage dealt to enemies.
Healing – 1,640 (0.25)
Litany of Wrath (6s): 20% (+1% per 100 healing power) of damage dealt is returned as healing.

The new scale number might need tweaking. Obviously, the 1% per 100 is just a simple, convenient estimation. It may need to be higher or lower, though I think it’s something close to appropriate. Let’s just say you’re running a full cleric’s build with max Honor. That’s 1387 Healing Power before runes, food, sigils, or infusions. The new scaling would now give you 33% of your dealt damage as healing power rather than 20% (though, as a Cleric, your damage is going to be fairly low).

Obviously, this would be optimized for the new Zealot nomenclature – which is perhaps an added benefit of the suggestion – it encourages build diversity by promoting a new stat set.

(edited by Duke Blackrose.4981)

in Guardian

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

I think it should just be instant like all other meditation skills. Also maybe an extra 2 seconds on it? As you stated it would be useless scaling with healing power on the most part as you would just do less and less dmg.

So yeah Instant cast time and 8-9 seconds

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

making it instant like other meditations would solve a lot of problems.

increasing the healing scale would also help a bit. like so many other skills in the game, you have to plan out how you use them.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Instant cast and make it 10% damge dealt for 12 seconds vs. the current 20% for 6 and I would take it. Offensive guards have low hp and mediocre defense, this values sustain over high burst healing.

in Guardian

Duke Blackrose.4981

I think it should just be instant like all other meditation skills. Also maybe an extra 2 seconds on it? As you stated it would be useless scaling with healing power on the most part as you would just do less and less dmg.

So yeah Instant cast time and 8-9 seconds

The healing power scaling is a form of compensation for the low damage of most healing power gear. It’s meant to bring the healing amount on the skill from useless to reasonable on non-glass builds.

Instant cast, unfortunately, probably won’t happen. Anet doesn’t want a heal that can’t be interrupted, and the next patch looks to be reducing the cast by 1/4 of a second – implying that they realize that the casting time is too much, but that they don’t want to remove it entirely.

8-9 seconds sounds good, though I think the skill should be tweaked a little at a time. Slow balance changes are good balance changes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Instant cast, unfortunately, probably won’t happen. Anet doesn’t want a heal that can’t be interrupted, and the next patch looks to be reducing the cast by 1/4 of a second – implying that they realize that the casting time is too much, but that they don’t want to remove it entirely.

But it can definitely be interrupted with immobalize, evade, block, invuln, knockdown, pull, fear, stun and simply being run away from – if you do no damage you get no healing – that is its counter. IMHO it doesn’t need to be interruptible during cast as well. ( I’m ignoring the Monk’s Focus effect since it does require a grandmaster trait and the heal itself is relatively small )

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

But it can definitely be interrupted with immobalize, evade, block, invuln, knockdown, pull, fear, stun and simply being run away from – if you do no damage you get no healing – that is its counter. IMHO it doesn’t need to be interruptible during cast as well. ( I’m ignoring the Monk’s Focus effect since it does require a grandmaster trait and the heal itself is relatively small )

I think this is the strongest point made so far in favor of making this skill come in line with other meditation skills, instant cast. It absolutely has its counter. Well said.

in Guardian

Duke Blackrose.4981

Don’t get me wrong – I agree. The question is – does Anet?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

What it should have been….

Litany of Wraith (.5)/(30s)
Mediation
Passive: 10% of damage done heals you.
Active: For a brief time (8s), heal yourself and allies around you (250) based on 25% of the damage dealt to enemies.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post