Looking for general purpose build

in Guardian

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

Hello everyone,

I’ve just got my guardian to 80 last night and I’d like to get some gear at last. Thing is I intend to use this character in both PvE and WvWvW. And I know that, ideally, I should get 2 sets of armour and weapons for each mode, but that’s more than I intend to spend (plus I’d run into inventory issues). Therefore, I am looking for something rather balanced and flexible.

I’ll probably be doing some exploring and world events, with a dungeon or two in between as far as PvE goes. I favour a more offensive build and I plan to use greatsword or hammer coupled with a staff. For WvWvW, I’m looking for something that’s durable enough but which can do decent damage as well. I run solo, so I won’t rely on anyone else, unless I join the zerg, of course.

I’m mostly looking for help mix and matching the gear, as I’ll change the traits depending on what I do. Thanks for taking the time to read this and looking forward to the suggestions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Roaming-2handed-Meditation-build

For PVE tho you should switch utilities an traits found in obals hammer build guide. Since you can now switch traits anywhere, and for free its not a big deal

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Guardian

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give it a try.

in Guardian

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

In terms of armor type in WvW I went Power-toughness-Vitality. Coupled with all the boons we get you can hit hard and take a beating, plus brush off conditions. I use rune of the soldier. with GS/Staff

PVE I love full berserker. With all the boons and healing we do, once again you won’t be a squishy as other professions that go full berserker.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

For PvE : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/first#post3204949

This is what I use for WvW, works well (Videos in my sig link)