New 2/4/15 - [Videos] WvW & Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I have a question for you. Why did you decide to go away from mace/shield to greatsword? Mobility and the great sword healing trait are the only reasons I can come up with.

Can you give me your thoughts on the following build.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.1|9.1n.h17.e.1g.h1g|2.1n.h17|1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i|1p.61.1p.61.1p.61.1p.61.1p.61.1g.67|0.u16b.u15c.5.5|2e.1|v.12.13.15.1i|e

I never really used Shield. Shield is much more of a support weapon in my mind.

Mobility is king in WvW. We can get it through Stability, Swiftness, Leaps/Ports etc.

The stat’s on your build are nice.

Though Hammer + M/S lacks a lot of mobility. On top of that, you went with Signet over Shelter.

You also have the Signet, but then took 3s of Retaliation on heal skill, instead of Signet Recharges 20% faster….

I would ask, what role do you see yourself playing?

You were right about mace/shield. The lack of mobility is just crippling. In any build that isn’t purely support based, GS seems to be necessary from what I can tell. So yeh, I’ve decided on going GS/Hammer.

As far as my role, well I play on a tier two server(TC), so there is a lot of zerging with massive groups. I’ll need to have a build that can survive in a zerg. However, I have no desire to run a pure support build. The primary concern is being able to stay alive while dealing respectable damage.

I am currently rolling exotic knights gear with superior lyssa runes. I can’t really figure out how to arrange my build and trinkets to get the most damage and survivability.

Mace + Focus/Shield works. Just not for solo type play where more mobility is needed…imo

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I’ve been tinkering with builds.

It’s going to take a large amount of gold, but it looks like I am going to have to build 3 sets of gear. I like Knights armor + Soldiers trinkets, with full superior soldier runes, running a shout build with Hammer + Mace/Shield for super reset night zergs. I like Knights armor + Valk Trinkets with superior lyssa using GS/Hammer for mid sized zergs and general skirmishes. Finally, I like full Berserker armor + Valk trinkets with GS/Hammer for roaming.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

New Vid: AH-Hammer/GS

Nothing special. Hadn’t made an AH build video in forever, so just some standard gameplay from 1 afternoon

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Are you running boon duration runes? You seem to be doing a lot of healing but it doesn’t look like clerics gear.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Cleric + Magi gear w/ Boon duration
Mix of Magi, Beryl, Ruby Jewelry

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Oh cool. Do you still stack health steal (omnomberry + sigil of blood) or did you give that up with the omnom nerf?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the sigil of fire proccing on your GS.

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Amins I challenge you to pull off a guardian signet build… lol.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

6/5 New Vid: Hammer / Staff #3: Small Group Tactics

Changed a few things in my support build….

Still running full Clerics w/ Boon Duration / Melandru.

Changed some jewelry around – some P/V/H (magi) and Celestial instead of full Sapphire.

Not going to tell you about my new Sigils and Food, though! muahah

Was running +1889 Healing for a bit in the fight, when I had +healing stacks. I know I can get it up higher…

EM was healing for 3.3k and VoR when I changed food around was up to 202 for the grp, during the night… don’t believe I caught it on this vid… most of the time i was running around between 1400-1600 + healing.

Basic’s of the Build, nothing special… truely

PS: if you think you know what they are, send me a pm.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

doode, Amins, nice build. i’m in the process of putting something together similar.. cleric/soldier and mixing in magi’s to get some crit rating. actually started an Asura Guardian lol from watching your vids. he’s 80 now but haven’t had the time to fully build his set yet. will be mainly focusing on support as well (and my Norn takes up DPS, roaming, hybrid, etc etc).

excited to see this new movie!D and i’ll be tryign to guess your sigils and food. you have food listed in your build link though. so i assume you switch ’em throughout the video?

202hp/s, that’s awesome.

it’s funny how you, Oozo and Incominggray all put up some staff support WvW build recently. ; )) i’m planning on running either staff + scepter/shield or staff + hammer as well.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Amins.3710

I only have 4 foods that I use:

Lemongrass Poultry
Omnom Compote
Saffron mango
Mango Pie

Sigil of Stamina. That’s the new one. Lot’s of dodge roll healing. LOTS. Feels’ like playing Yoda w/ an Asuran. lol

I think we all pretty much started out DPS and then just with the change / patches, moved to more support, as we got more organized.

We’re also on smaller servers, where if we were running w/ a 30+ guild grp, we would probably be back in some sort of DPS build as our ‘other’ guardians would be more support.

I’m assuming here, ofcourse.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

akamon.2769

heh, i guessed lemongrass poultry and saffron mango – which is really good if you’re wanting to max healing+! never really looked into it before. pretty nice.

and BAH! i missed sigil of stamina, lol. shoulda guessed though.. you were having a ton of dodges, and i might try those instead of energy on my asura. XDD especially what with looknig like yoda haha

i think you have a point. i’ve been running more DPS oriented builds as of late, which is sort of on the other end of the spectrum that you mentioned. though been trying to roam more since i don’t get to play when most everyone’s playing, so it’s sliiiightly hard to play support when you’re on your own XDD

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Amins.3710

6/15 New Vid: Support: Staff

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

akamon.2769

dem tunes ; )))

added: and that Guard that leap of faithed face first into your sanctuary. XDD

good stuff! learning lots from your new support videos, Amins.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

Nice Vid and funny Music hehe…

May i know ur P composition? With their roles if u can. Or u just simply go with anyone?

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Guardian

Amins.3710

dem tunes ; )))

added: and that Guard that leap of faithed face first into your sanctuary. XDD

good stuff! learning lots from your new support videos, Amins.

Yeah, you’d think he should know better, eh? lol

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Nice Vid and funny Music hehe…

May i know ur P composition? With their roles if u can. Or u just simply go with anyone?

We roll w/ whoever is on. It’s not really the class composition but the players. We’ll adjust our strategy depending on who’s playing what.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

akamon.2769

lol, i will admit, it’s rough when it’s a big fight and you can’t even see the sanctuary bubble admist all the effects.. but that was golden. will watch again.

though we all make mistakes.. i’ll admit, i was having a little 1v1 fun last night, my friend had his SoW up.. i was even counting down aaaand instead of dodging away, i jumped into his explosionz and got downed lol sigh. XDDD

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

lol, i will admit, it’s rough when it’s a big fight and you can’t even see the sanctuary bubble admist all the effects.. but that was golden. will watch again.

though we all make mistakes.. i’ll admit, i was having a little 1v1 fun last night, my friend had his SoW up.. i was even counting down aaaand instead of dodging away, i jumped into his explosionz and got downed lol sigh. XDDD

>.> that was funny as hell lol

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

akamon.2769

lol. shhhh!
o____O

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: eien.4791

eien.4791

6/15 New Vid: Support: Staff

Nice videos and nice builds Amins.
Is there by any chance a way to post/update the build ?

thank you in advance

in Guardian

Amins.3710

7/7 New Vid: Almost

“Almost” is a compilation of fights that we “almost” won! Alot of pm’s lately criticizing me for not posting video’s of me dying in them… well, here you go!

7/7 New Vid: Support- Staff/Hammer

Epic 1.5hr fight in Eternal BG at Outlook… compressed to 12 min. lol!

Yes, I will be posting build updates here soon.

I have an update to the Zealous Defender build, since the new changes as well as my Support build.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

So, it seems like you are really taking a liking to healing power builds eh? I didn’t think it could be viable in a zerg but you’ve proven that wrong.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

So, it seems like you are really taking a liking to healing power builds eh? I didn’t think it could be viable in a zerg but you’ve proven that wrong.

It’s not too bad. What I like about it is the passive group healing for 160+ and the Dodge Roll healing. Those 2 factors alone, w/ my build, make a world of difference over the long haul.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Updated Builds on 1st Page.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Ruins & Briar – holy loot bags Amins! Inventory full!!!!!

You guys set up a good choke point and CD just kept trying thinking numbers would win. Not sure how you guys feel but I’ll be glad once this week is over although I’m not really sure what happened to all of our players.

Nice video and thank you for sharing.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Alot of people have been asking for more DPS builds….

So….

HERE YA GO!

3) S/T + GS

I think this was the build I was running in it:http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.1|b.1g.h2.f.1g.h17|1.1n.h2|1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e|211.0.211.0.311.0.1p.61.1p.61.1g.67|k29.u27b.a6.0.a1|69.7|w.13.1a.17.1i|e

I’m sure some of you better theory-crafters could squeak out more damage. =]

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

akamon.2769

as much as i love your “support” vids, i have missed your DPS vids as well. ; ))

been absolutely LOVING the new scepter to balls. XDD
been playing that exact same build quite a bit too recently (kinda creepy, cause it’s almost down to a T save the ascended trinkets. :///) though only in PvE.. but easily one of the higest damage dealing build right now. so squishy though! XDD i’ll have to take it into WvW one of these days.

[added: Amins, do you ever find the need or actually activate your Signet? i don’t think i caught you using it in the video. just wondering of the trade off of having it active vs passive]

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

as much as i love your “support” vids, i have missed your DPS vids as well. ; ))

been absolutely LOVING the new scepter to balls. XDD
been playing that exact same build quite a bit too recently (kinda creepy, cause it’s almost down to a T save the ascended trinkets. :///) though only in PvE.. but easily one of the higest damage dealing build right now. so squishy though! XDD i’ll have to take it into WvW one of these days.

[added: Amins, do you ever find the need or actually activate your Signet? i don’t think i caught you using it in the video. just wondering of the trade off of having it active vs passive]

I do use it.. though the goal is to try and NOT to! lol

If I’m seeing more conditions, i’ll swap out to get the 2 condi removal <10s

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

7/24 New Vid: Defiance

Defiance Build

The core of this build is 20/5/5/25/5.

There are, imo, 10 floater points. I’ve also ran 20/10/5/25/10 and i like that as well when I have more people with me, because the vulnerability is great added grp spike dps.

You could also go 30 in honor for your shouts… but IMO JI + Bane Signet are my static utlities w/ 1 floater…

Dodging
Blinding
Porting
Blocking
~Lemongrass Poultry~ That’s your condition removal.

Those are your tools of survival.

You do have a small dodge heal as a bonus, but not to be relied upon.

The concept is much like a warrior in terms of bursting combo’s.

Hope you enjoy…

Oh, and for you theory crafters… by all means, if you want to take a stab at gear optimization, go for it…

All criticism is welcomed, as always!

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

7/24 New Vid: Defiance

Defiance Build

The core of this build is 20/5/5/25/5.

There are, imo, 10 floater points. I’ve also ran 20/10/5/25/10 and i like that as well when I have more people with me, because the vulnerability is great added grp spike dps.

You could also go 30 in honor for your shouts… but IMO JI + Bane Signet are my static utlities w/ 1 floater…

Dodging
Blinding
Porting
Blocking
~Lemongrass Poultry~ That’s your condition removal.

Those are your tools of survival.

You do have a small dodge heal as a bonus, but not to be relied upon.

The concept is much like a warrior in terms of bursting combo’s.

Hope you enjoy…

Oh, and for you theory crafters… by all means, if you want to take a stab at gear optimization, go for it…

All criticism is welcomed, as always!

I’m glad to see you’ve joined us on the “dark side” of amazing burst =P. Been running similar builds for awhile. Haven’t been able to do much wvw this week though. Hopefully by tomorrow night I can get in there and mix it up with you guys some.

edit:

NM tomorrow is the lcs, and I watch that with gf and some friends so meh. I think I will end up missing this whole weak. That sucks

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Join you?

Maybe it’s you who joined me?
./grin

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

akamon.2769

>:DDD
it’s more Amins going back to where he came from, heh.

pretty interesting build, doode! and i like how it performs.
though when you were chasing that runner, i was waiting for binding blades!!!! : ((( i am disappoint lol.

the shield of wrath + zealot’s defense take down really highlights the Guard’s potential to burst. fun times.

the celes trinkets really work in your favor here. : ))

and okay okay, one last thing. i ought to try Bane Signet into WvW. i use it in PvP and it’s so. much. fun. the passive is pretty darn strong. and the active comes out of nowhere, not much people can do to prevent it.

good stuff.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

As always amazing vid and gameplay. Why does the build have two exotic trinkets?

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Amins.3710

As always amazing vid and gameplay. Why does the build have two exotic trinkets?

Because I don’t pve /wrists

I’m just a couple daily’s from my last Celestial Accessory… then I have to figure out how to get a back piece w/o doing pve…

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

it’s more Amins going back to where he came from, heh.

pretty interesting build, doode! and i like how it performs.
though when you were chasing that runner, i was waiting for binding blades!!!! : ((( i am disappoint lol.

the shield of wrath + zealot’s defense take down really highlights the Guard’s potential to burst. fun times.

the celes trinkets really work in your favor here. : ))

and okay okay, one last thing. i ought to try Bane Signet into WvW. i use it in PvP and it’s so. much. fun. the passive is pretty darn strong. and the active comes out of nowhere, not much people can do to prevent it.

good stuff.

Yeah, I was disappointed too.

Also, after my Sword port I came out of combat and had a brief thought to change out SYG for Retreat… but hesitated tooo long..

After making the vid I kicked myself for not doing it, cuz clearly I had enough time. Bane signet is a 1200 range. hah

But kitten are warriors just WAY to fast. We only have 1 real burst gap closer as everything is on long cooldowns compared to the warrior.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I find it really hard not to take Bane when roaming – even though MI is now useful in a build, a potential extra 6k heal is attactive but I’d miss the extra power and range control of the signet too much, and I can’t do without JI or Smite Condition either.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

akamon.2769

@Amins – oh wow, i didn’t even notice you came out of combat then. haha switching utils mid fight, really playing towards the situation! and yea doode, i ALWAYS forget Bane signet is 1200 range and feel like i have to run up close. :///

agreed re: warriors. they’re pretty darn mobile if they want to be. if they’re good and they wanna get away? they’ll get away.

@Tarsius – i guess i should give MI a shot first.. but does it have to work with an ally around? i’ve been mainyl using bane in PvE now (frigging achievements) and loving the extra power. active is way fun too (e.g. candidate trials). haha i pretty much have the same utils as well. JI and SC i absolutely love. sometmies i’ll take CoP over smite condi though depending.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

@Tarsius – i guess i should give MI a shot first.. but does it have to work with an ally around? i’ve been mainyl using bane in PvE now (frigging achievements) and loving the extra power. active is way fun too (e.g. candidate trials). haha i pretty much have the same utils as well. JI and SC i absolutely love. sometmies i’ll take CoP over smite condi though depending.

From my controlled environment tests ( in other words, your mileage may vary ) with MF you would always get 4k of healing ( 1xMI, 1xMF ) and an additional 2k (2xMI, 1xMF) on successful teleport, so more than your standard meditation regardless of who is close by.
On the other hand, this utility has been cursed since conception so I have idea how reliable it’s going to be in real-world use (and I’ve not had much time to play this week to find out.)

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Amins.3710

For small group play, MI could be really good: IE 4-8 person roaming and not fighting zergs.

But once you start getting some numbers in there, the uncertainty of where you’ll end up…. more often then not, you’ll find yourself exactly where you don’t want to be and die.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

MI is hit or miss. Sometimes it’s incredible, other times meh. Seems to work better with less in your group of course. As far as positioning, it’s not as much of an issue if you are running sword/focus and mace/shield like I am ATM since my job is basically to be in the middle of the enemy.

I don’t think I would use MI with staff though. Since staff requires careful positioning.

I’ll post some breakdown footage of a full med build in action within a few days.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Guardian

Amins.3710

I want MI to work, really bad. I’ve always promoted that it ~could~ be an extremely potent tool.

But until there is some sort of consistency with it, the risk doesn’t outweigh the reward.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

8/1 New Vid: Zerg Tank – Bust’n Zergs

8/1 New Vid: Zerg Tank – Defending Durios

Zerg Tank Build

Though, I’m considering swaping out 2 things in this build:

1) Changing Purity to Defenders Flame
2) Changing Pack Runes to Hoelbrak

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

You know I was considering going the same route with my symbol build. Sorta like a WWW anchor build like in fractals.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Because I don’t pve /wrists

I’m just a couple daily’s from my last Celestial Accessory… then I have to figure out how to get a back piece w/o doing pve…

This right here is one of the things that is game breaking in my opinion. The whole PvE content release and new textures always leave out those who only do WvW. I am actually with you in the fact I’m sitting on over 100 laurels and refusing to spend them since they are like gold…

Yet they fall out of the sky like skittles in the fractals (granted, higher ones).

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

8/1 New Vid: Zerg Tank – Bust’n Zergs

8/1 New Vid: Zerg Tank – Defending Durios

Zerg Tank Build

Though, I’m considering swaping out 2 things in this build:

1) Changing Purity to Defenders Flame
2) Changing Pack Runes to Hoelbrak

Ty for sharing. Wish more of what is left of the regulars in WvWvW (same server has you) would see this video here of you and your guild. SBI and CD really only have the numbers. In each scene you guys busted through and pushed them out. Yet last night on multiple occasions our zerg scattered like roaches when a light goes on leaving those standing to fight die.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Yeah, unfortunately I don’t visit our server website as much as I should.

I’ll do better. GF will do better =]

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Just a heads up – This is my last post.

I have a few old video’s that I will update and post on my you tube page, but outside of that, I’ve lost all faith in Anet as they’ve completely gutted WvW and I’ve uninstalled the game.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

I want to thank the 500+ subscribers in the very short 8 months that I started making video’s in GW2, as well as the 100k+ views, and running w/ Good Fights up to 2nd place in NA GvG.

I had a ton of fun, but it’s time to move on to the next game.

Anet had it’s year.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Alexei.4698

Alexei.4698

Just a heads up – This is my last post.

I have a few old video’s that I will update and post on my you tube page, but outside of that, I’ve lost all faith in Anet as they’ve completely gutted WvW and I’ve uninstalled the game.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

I want to thank the 500+ subscribers in the very short 8 months that I started making video’s in GW2, as well as the 100k+ views, and running w/ Good Fights up to 2nd place in NA GvG.

I had a ton of fun, but it’s time to move on to the next game.

Anet had it’s year.

That’s too bad, Amins. I’ve learned a lot from you on these forums, so thanks for that. Hope you change your mind in the future.

OCCUPY ORR!!!

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Sad to see you go. Your videos are pretty fun to watch. Hopefully Anet does something that convinces you to come back.

Any other games you think you may be playing? Wildstar, EQ2, Diablo 3, or what?